International / Club soccer

35,978 Views | 559 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SexualChocolate
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers

Week 2
Third Round, National Stadium, Kingston, Jamaica
Jamaica vs. Panama Paramount+, 6 p.m.

Third Round, Estdio Nacional de Costa Rica, San Jos, Costa Rica
Costa Rica vs. Mexico CBS Sports Network/Telemundo/Universo, 7 p.m.

CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers Today CBS Sports Network, 6 p.m.

Rumbo al Mundial Telemundo/Universo, 6 p.m.
Third Round, Nissan Stadium, Nashville, TN

United States vs. Canada UniMs/TUDN, 7:45 p.m./FS1, 8 p.m.
Ftbol Central UniMs/TUDN, 7 p.m.

Third Round, Estdio Cuscatln, San Salvador, El Salvador
El Salvador vs. Honduras Universo, 9 p.m. (same night coverage)

CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers
Matchday 6
Neo Qumica Arena, So Paulo, SP, Brazil
Brazil vs. Argentina Fubo Sports Network 2, 2:50 p.m.

Estdio Rodrigo Paz Delgado, Quito, Ecuador
Ecuador vs. Chile Fubo Sports Network 3, 4:50 p.m.

Estdio Defensores del Chaco, Asuncin, Paraguay
Paraguay vs. Colombia Fubo Sports Network 2, 5:50 p.m.

Estdio Campeon del Siglo, Bañados de Carrasco, Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay vs. Bolivia Fubo Sports Network 4, 5:50 p.m.

Estdio Nacional, Lima, Peru
Peru vs. Venezuela Fubo Sports Network 3, 8:50 p.m.

UEFA World Cup European Qualifiers
Qualifying Round
Group E, Centralniy Stadion, Kazan, Russia
Belarus vs. Wales TUDN, 8:50 a.m.

Group I, Wembley Stadium, London, England, United Kingdom
England vs. Andorra ESPN2/TUDN, 11:50 a.m.

Group C, Natsionalen Stadion Vasil Levski, Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulgaria vs. Lithuania ESPN3, 11:50 a.m.

Group I, Elbasan Arena, Elbasan, Albania
Albania vs. Hungary ESPN+, 11:50 a.m.

Group J, Laugardalsvöllur, Reykjavik, Iceland
Iceland vs. North Macedonia ESPN+, 11:50 a.m.

Group B, Estadio Nuevo Vivero, Badajoz, Spain
Spain vs. Georgia TUDN, 2:30 p.m.
Ftbol Central TUDN, 2:30 p.m.

Group J, National Arena Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Romania vs. Liechtenstein ESPN3, 2:35 p.m.

Group B, Stadiumi Fadil Vokrri, Pristina, Kosovo
Kosovo vs. Greece ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group C, St. Jakob-Park, Basel, Switzerland
Switzerland vs. Italy ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group E, King Baudouin Stadium, Brussels, Belgium
Belgium vs. Czech Republic ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group I, San Marino Stadium, Serravalle, San Marino
San Marino vs. Poland ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group J, Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart, Germany
Germany vs. Armenia ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.
SportManagementEngineer
USMNT dominating possession tonight against Canada. Just have to get one through. Need these 3 points at home.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
mrcpack17
Much better performance but the same result. Can't leave points on the field at home. Manager seems a little lost, subs came way late when it was obvious they were needed.
SexualChocolate
mrcpack17 said:

Much better performance but the same result. Can't leave points on the field at home. Manager seems a little lost, subs came way late when it was obvious they were needed.

Great summation of the subs. Should have come sooner. We had a lot of tired legs out there. The Dest injury hurt us since Yedlin got destroyed by Davies. We really need to win Wed now.
Wolfer79
Packchem91
mrcpack17 said:

Yeah -- those guys brought some energy -- Sargent had several near connections in the box late in the game. Should have been brought on right after it was tied, like Canada did.

Most of the last quarter of the game, Canada was the more athletic team, and we were on our backfoot, fortunate they didn't hit a pass or two that probably were misses on their part.
Packchem91
SexualChocolate said:

mrcpack17 said:

Great summation of the subs. Should have come sooner. We had a lot of tired legs out there. The Dest injury hurt us since Yedlin got destroyed by Davies. We really need to win Wed now.
Agreed on Yedlin, but Dest got beaten by him 2x if I recall, and one should have resulted in a goal. We seem to lack that type of guy on our team. Do any of our attackers put fear in the defense like Davies does?
mrcpack17
Packchem91 said:

SexualChocolate said:

mrcpack17 said:

Agreed on Yedlin, but Dest got beaten by him 2x if I recall, and one should have resulted in a goal. We seem to lack that type of guy on our team. Do any of our attackers put fear in the defense like Davies does?
I think we have a couple of those type of guys. Pulisic for one. But teams key in on him and the guys around him him don't tend to punish them for over marking/fouling Pulisic. He drew a ton of attention from Canada's holding midfielders and they left something a little extra for him. I think Gio Reyna has that ability as well but he was unavailable against Canada. Konrad has shown he can go at people but for whatever reason wasn't brought on until the 82nd minute. No sub can really make too much impact in 10ish minutes.

I think this team is suffering from tactical/management issues primarily. But I'm also wondering if the Gold/Nation's Cup performances have added some undeserved hype. I've read a lot about this being the most talented team the US has ever had. While I agree that we have more talent that play in Europe, I'm not so sure if a lot of those guys are at their peak. We'll see. I certainly hope they can string some games together though. Missing out on another world cup would be really rough for American soccer going forward.
Packchem91
mrcpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

SexualChocolate said:

mrcpack17 said:

I think we have a couple of those type of guys. Pulisic for one. But teams key in on him and the guys around him him don't tend to punish them for over marking/fouling Pulisic. He drew a ton of attention from Canada's holding midfielders and they left something a little extra for him. I think Gio Reyna has that ability as well but he was unavailable against Canada. Konrad has shown he can go at people but for whatever reason wasn't brought on until the 82nd minute. No sub can really make too much impact in 10ish minutes.

I think this team is suffering from tactical/management issues primarily. But I'm also wondering if the Gold/Nation's Cup performances have added some undeserved hype. I've read a lot about this being the most talented team the US has ever had. While I agree that we have more talent that play in Europe, I'm not so sure if a lot of those guys are at their peak. We'll see. I certainly hope they can string some games together though. Missing out on another world cup would be really rough for American soccer going forward.
Re: Pulisic -- he just seems like a facilitator more to me. He's great at that, but I just don't see him running 45 yards past a national level defender like Davies....thats not a knock, btw.

I do think the summer tourneys probably inflated the fans opinion. But to me, the piece that is missing, and this is where it's different from those summer tourneys -- is the old seasoned vet who's been there, and knows how to get the team to work thru the difficulties of qualification. Its a grind -- and 3 in 8 is real grind....but who gets in their face in practice and demands them to be ready? Heck, we have one of our leaders getting suspended for 2 games. Thats on him, of course....but to me, a sign of the youth on this team.

Good news is, we are 2 out of 14 games in, so plenty of time to get on a run. But a win Wednesday in Honduras sure would go a long way.....
mrcpack17
Eh, we just did the veteran thing and personally, I'm kind of glad we went in a different direction and focused more youth and overseas guys.

Brooks is the only real vet we do have though so if leadership is an issue, it needs to be sorted out soon.

Bottom line, if we struggle to win games in CONCACAF, we may not want to watch those WC performances, should we qualify.

Like you said, 12 more games to go. Plenty of time to sort things out.
Packchem91
mrcpack17 said:

Eh, we just did the veteran thing and personally, I'm kind of glad we went in a different direction and focused more youth and overseas guys.

Brooks is the only real vet we do have though so if leadership is an issue, it needs to be sorted out soon.

Bottom line, if we struggle to win games in CONCACAF, we may not want to watch those WC performances, should we qualify.

Like you said, 12 more games to go. Plenty of time to sort things out.
LOL, yeah struggling v Canada and El Salvador is not exactly encouraging for Italy and Brazil.

I don't want a whole team of old guys -- I like the youth approach, and these guys have a level of creativity not seen (across the board) in previous iterations of the team. Just a guy or two of grizzled veteran, even if not a regularly starter, who can help.

Brooks....I'd forgotten he has all that previous experience. I know this....with qualifying, feels like there has to always be a sense of urgency...maybe we'll see evidence of that tomorrow.
Wolfer79
Qualifying Round
Group A, Baki Olimpiya Stadionu, Baku, Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan vs. Portugal TUDN, 11:30 a.m.

Group D, Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Dcines, France
France vs. Finland ESPN2/TUDN, 2:30 p.m.

Ftbol Central TUDN, 2 p.m.

Group G, Gradski Stadion Podgorica, Podgorica, Montenegro
Montenegro vs. Latvia ESPN3, 2:35 p.m.

Group A, Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Ireland vs. Serbia ESPN+, 2;35 p.m.

Group D, Stadion Bilino polje, Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina vs. Kazakhstan ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group F, Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna, Austria
Austria vs. Scotland ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group F, Parken, Copenhagen, Denmark
Denmark vs. Israel ESPN+. 2:35 p.m.

Group F, Trsvllur, Torshavn, Faroe Islands
Faroe Islands vs. Moldova ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group G, Johan Cruijff ArenA, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Netherlands vs. Turkey ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group G, Ullevaal Stadion, Oslo, Norway
Norway vs. Gibraltar ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group H, Stadion Poljud, Split, Croatia
Croatia vs. Slovenia ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group H, Otkrytie Arena, Moscow, Russia
Russia vs. Malta ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group H, Nrodn futbalov tadin, Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovakia vs. Cyprus ESPN+, 2;35 p.m.
Wolfer79
CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers
Week 3
Third Round, BMO Field, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Canada vs. El Salvador Paramount+, 7:30 p.m.

Third Round, Estdio Rommel Fernndez, Panama City, Panama
Panama vs. Mexico Telemundo/Universo, 8 p.m.

Third Round, Estdio Nacional de Costa Rica, San Jos, Costa Rica
Costa Rica vs. Jamaica Paramount+, 9 p.m.

Third Round, Estdio Olmpico Metropolitano, San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Honduras vs. United States Telemundo/Universo, 10 p.m.

Rumbo al Mundial Telemundo/Universo, 7 p.m.
Rumbo al Mundial Universo, 12:30 a.m. (Thursday)
Wolfer79
Qualifying Round
Group J, Republican Stadium after Vazgen Sargsyan, Yerevan, Armenia
Armenia vs. Liechtenstein ESPN3, 11:50 a.m.

Group B, Stadiumi Fadil Vokrri, Pristina, Kosovo
Kosovo vs. Spain UniMs/TUDN, 2:30 p.m.

Ftbol Central UniMs/TUDN, 2 p.m.
Misin Europa TUDN, 5 p.m.

Group I, Elbasan Arena, Elbasan, Albania
Albania vs. San Marino ESPN3, 2:35 p.m.

Group B, Olympic Athletic Center of Athens "Spyros Louis", Athens, Greece
Greece vs. Sweden ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group C, Mapei Stadium, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Italy vs. Lithuania ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group C, National Football Stadium at Windsor Park, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Northern Ireland vs. Switzerland ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group E, Centralniy Stadion, Kazan, Belarus
Belarus vs. Belgium ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group E, Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Wales vs. Estonia ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group I, Pusks Arna, Budapest, Hungary
Hungary vs. Andorra ESPN+, 2:35 p.m

Group I, PGE Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland
Poland vs. England ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group J, Laugardalsvöllur, Reykjavik, Iceland
Iceland vs. Germany ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.

Group J, National Arena Todor Proeski, Skopje, North Macedonia
North Macedonia vs. Romania ESPN+, 2:35 p.m.
johntom
I really thought the US team was going to turn the corner. This seems like more of the same we've seen before. Canada at home should be a win. Hell, El Salvador away is one we should be looking to steal 3 points. We need a minimum of 4 points out of the next 2 games. This is not a team that should be in danger of missing the World Cup.
Packchem91
johntom said:

I really thought the US team was going to turn the corner. This seems like more of the same we've seen before. Canada at home should be a win. Hell, El Salvador away is one we should be looking to steal 3 points. We need a minimum of 4 points out of the next 2 games. This is not a team that should be in danger of missing the World Cup.
Yeah, tonight feels huge. Just to the fan base, if nothing else. Shame we'll be missing 2 of our premier guys, and at best, Reyna coming off a ham tweak.
SexualChocolate
Big game tonight and we are missing tons of players. Would like Pulisic to take that leadership role tonight and Will us to victory.
mrcpack17
More of the same so far. If I'm the USSF, I'm getting that job posting ready. This is ugly.

We have plenty of time let in this game but we are as flat as a board and down a goal.
Steve Videtich
Completely outclassed so far!
mrcpack17
Most uninspiring half of soccer I've seen in a while. And I watched a lot of Spurs last season (and pre-Pochettino Spurs for that matter).
Steve Videtich
That first half was like watching my daughter's high school team. Frustrating!
Packchem91
Unbelievable. Completely outclassed by freaking Honduras. So uninspired.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

That first half was like watching my daughter's high school team. Frustrating!
They struggle to even get the ball out of their own penalty area as well, ending up just kicking it down the field? Or have guys (or girls) just get dispossessed in the midfield? And pass it directly to the other team.?

BTW, I'm sick of hearing about the field conditions....its soccer....go play.
mrcpack17
We have a pulse!

I like some of the subs but no clue why 16 wasn't included in that halftime shuffle.
Packchem91
mrcpack17 said:

We have a pulse!

I like some of the subs but no clue why 16 wasn't included in that halftime shuffle.
He was bad. Real bad. But yes, much more creativity on offense the first 10. But our defense....scary.
Packchem91
Pepi! Wow. What a physical presence for an 18YO. Just outclassed the defender.
mrcpack17
Wasn't pretty but we figured it out. Pepi had a heck of a showing.
Steve Videtich
Wow, what a difference a half makes! Go USA!

Hopefully we can build some momentum off of this.
mrcpack17
It only took Berhalter 75 minutes to put adams back in the middle and bam, we score 3.
SexualChocolate
A tale of two halves. Played better in the last half and got a must needed win. Could have been worse but 5 points is not bad for this 3 game stretch. Need to keep getting points and we will be fine.
Wolfer79
CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers
Matchday 10
Estdio Campeon del Siglo, Montevideo, Uruguay
Uruguay vs, Ecuador Fubo Sports Network 2, 6:20 p.m.

Estdio Defensores del Chaco, Asuncin, Paraguay
Paraguay vs. Venezuela Fubo Sports Network 5, 6:20 p.m.

Estdio Metropolitano Roberto Melndez, Barranquilla, Colombia
Colombia vs. Chile Fubo Sports Network 3, 6:50 p.m.

Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Argentina vs. Bolivia Fubo Sports Network 4, 7:20 p.m.

Arena Pernambuco, So Loureno da Mata, Pernambuco, Brazil
Brazil vs. Peru Fubo Sports Network 2, 8:20 p.m.

CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers Pregame Fubo Sports Network, 5:30 p.m.
CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers Wrap-Up: Matchday 10 Fubo Sports Network, 10:15 p.m.

Packchem91
SexualChocolate said:

A tale of two halves. Played better in the last half and got a must needed win. Could have been worse but 5 points is not bad for this 3 game stretch. Need to keep getting points and we will be fine.
Yeah, but even in 2H, while our effort (and passing) was much better, we were still giving up chances. It was really after the sub to move Adams back in the middle, and Sands out, that the big lift took place. I was actually in the middle of texting my boys how we still couldn't even maintain possession when we hit the couple of passes that turned into the 2nd goal right after Adams moved central.

After that....I think Honduras broke, and we were dominant.

So plenty of room for improvement. Hopefully we get the 3 key guys that missed this game (plus Pulisic) back healthy for October, and maybe most importantly, Pepi stays on the pitch!
Steve Videtich
Any updates on Pulisic's health? He seemed pretty hurt.
SexualChocolate
Steve Videtich said:

Any updates on Pulisic's health? He seemed pretty hurt.

Ankle injury that they did not think was serious but more info on it when he gets back to London.
SexualChocolate
I think Pepi just snatched Sargents role on this team. For 18 years old, I thought he was really good and passed the eye test. There is no way he is not snatched up soon by a European club. He is on fire in MLS this season. I also thought Antonee Robinson also played well. I do agree that Adams was a key move that allowed the US to complete passes through the middle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.