Roy and Mandy can bust hell wide open

35,938 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mormad
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are having Thanksgiving, Christmas and any other family hosting event not only this year, but in the foreseeable future for as long as we are able. We typically have anywhere from 12 to 20 plus in attendance, and based on responses from family so far, we anticipate having at least 20 for Thanksgiving this year. My sister has said she'll host Christmas this year, and that gathering may be larger than Thanksgiving.

There is absolutely no way I will stand by and have someone try to dictate what I can or will do on my own property. None.

The invitations were extended several weeks ago and everyone knew to respond as they feel most comfortable. If they want to attend, wonderful! If not, no hard feelings and we certainly understand. Hate they won't be here, but that just means a little more food and drink for those attending.
Tootie4Pack
BTG laying down the wood.
Ripper
Low IQ government morons. I will only attend events that have at least 11 people. I pity these so called leaders. They literally have no idea how to handle a virus. Flattening the curve and protecting the healthcare system mean nothing to these mooks. Just craven control.
packgrad
As will my family. The lunatic leadership in government and colleges have gone off the deep end. This makes no sense.

howlie
Bell Tower Grey said:

We are having Thanksgiving, Christmas and any other family hosting event not only this year, but in the foreseeable future for as long as we are able. We typically have anywhere from 12 to 20 plus in attendance, and based on responses from family so far, we anticipate having at least 20 for Thanksgiving this year. My sister has said she'll host Christmas this year, and that gathering may be larger than Thanksgiving.

There is absolutely no way I will stand by and have someone try to dictate what I can or will do on my own property. None.

The invitations were extended several weeks ago and everyone knew to respond as they feel most comfortable. If they want to attend, wonderful! If not, no hard feelings and we certainly understand. Hate they won't be here, but that just means a little more food and drink for those attending.
It's not someONE, it's a deadly virus. And a virus doesn't give a $#!+ about what you think. It just wants to kill you and your family.

I've lost two friends to Covid so far, who said just what you did.

I rather would prefer to see you hang around on the board to see your posts, instead of dying during the holidays. But... I can't dictate that to you.

There IS now a vaccine, that will be available after the holidays... Can't you wish to enjoy the holidays next year, too?
Bell Tower Grey
howlie, as with anything there is always three sides: yours, mine, and what may be the truth...given it's the corrupt governments spewing information, I tend to doubt them more often than not. I'll take my chances.

Certainly, I'd love to be around a lot longer but when the good Lord is ready, I'll take that trip. Nothing I can do about His timing, but you can rest assured, He will be at our family events this year, same as before and in the future.

Best wishes, enjoy your weekend. Roy and Mandy can still stoke that fire to make room for many of their friends.
Bell Tower Grey

Bring your ass on, roy
FlossyDFlynt
This one got me this morning
packgrad
Fantastic
caryking
howlie said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

It's not someONE, it's a deadly virus. And a virus doesn't give a $#!+ about what you think. It just wants to kill you and your family.

I've lost two friends to Covid so far, who said just what you did.

I rather would prefer to see you hang around on the board to see your posts, instead of dying during the holidays. But... I can't dictate that to you.

There IS now a vaccine, that will be available after the holidays... Can't you wish to enjoy the holidays next year, too?
Absolutely! That is called Liberty! You can do anything you want as well as every other person in this State! If somebody wants to have a Thanksgiving dinner with their entire family, then that's the choice they are making. If some the family members don't want to come, because of COVID, then that their decision as well....

It appears as if you have a fear or respect for this virus. That's perfectly fine and I don't have a problem with your feelings and how you conduct your life. What I do have a problem with is anyone telling another how to live their life.

How many people on here have a problem with Christians telling gay people they don't want them to get married? Do you find that intrusive on the two Gay peoples lives? I would say that you do... Have you ever heard this? You can't keep two people that love each from getting married. What are we arguing about? Government intrusion by issuing Marriage license.

My example is to show the hypocrisy of thinking by all people. Liberty gives everyone the freedom to do as they will. Governments are not good at protecting YOU. In fact, the roll of government is to protect YOUR liberties, and allow YOU to protect YOURSELF!

GuerrillaPack
There is no way in hell that Roy Cooper actually won this election over Dan Forest. This was rigged/stolen just like the Presidential race. You mean to tell me that North Carolina backs Trump and Tillis, but "overwhelming supports" this communist pig-faced looking freak Cooper who is hell-bent to lock down the state and has been one of the most draconian governors in the entire nation in response to this covid hoax?

Cooper is absolutely hated over these insane lockdowns over covid. They could have run a turkey sandwich against him and beat him.

By the way, here is very interesting article exposing the fact that Cooper has close ties to a literal Chinese communist agent in the Raleigh area:

https://nationalfile.com/chinese-communist-and-close-democrat-ally-advised-nc-governor-to-extract-blood-from-rnc-attendees/

hokiewolf
I can totally see people voting for Trump and Tillis and not for Forrest. Forrest ran a terrible campaign.
metcalfmafia
How funny would it be if a turkey sandwich was our govenor?
SupplyChainPack
This Thanksgiving:

We badly need some good citizen journalists to park outside the residences of all of the Dem dictators telling us how many people we can have over for our Thanksgiving gatherings - and film the comings and goings.

Will they abide by their own mandates? It would be nice to find out.
GuerrillaPack
hokiewolf said:

I can totally see people voting for Trump and Tillis and not for Forrest. Forrest ran a terrible campaign.
How so? What did Forest do that was "terrible"?
packgrad
SupplyChainPack said:

This Thanksgiving:

We badly need some good citizen journalists to park outside the residences of all of the Dem dictators telling us how many people we can have over for our Thanksgiving gatherings - and film the comings and goings.

Will they abide by their own mandates? It would be nice to find out.

We already know the answer to this. The rules apply to us, not them. Unfortunately their sheep continue to blindly support and re-elect them.
ncsualum05
SupplyChainPack said:

This Thanksgiving:

Will they abide by their own mandates? It would be nice to find out
Gavin Newsome out in CA already been caught out at an indoor dining place with 12 people having a large fancy meal. No masks of course. They are shameless hypocrites and tyrants in every way.
hokiewolf
GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

He overplayed his hand on his stance of reopening and masks and didn't pivot to more ads when Covid tamped down what worked for him in the past - grass roots campaigning with personal appearances and rallies.
GuerrillaPack
hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

He overplayed his hand on his stance of reopening and masks and didn't pivot to more ads when Covid tamped down what worked for him in the past - grass roots campaigning with personal appearances and rallies.
So conservatives and Republicans are opposed to reopening?! No way. Conservatives are completely against these mask mandates and fully in favor of reopening. To the contrary, Cooper's stance on the lockdowns/reopening and mandatory masks is what is a losing issue. The average person is sick and tired of the lockdowns and mandatory mask edicts.
SexualChocolate
Now that is funny.
TheStorm
https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/
Sierrawolf
I think the "average person" in your view and what is actually considered an "average person" are drastically different. Forest scared people off with his anti-masking and COVID-is-for-sissies stances.
PackBacker07
GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

He opened his mouth.
Y'all means ALL.
PackBacker07
Agree. I know it's hard for some people here to believe, but random message boards and social media do not represent the majority of Americans.
Y'all means ALL.
hokiewolf
GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

So conservatives and Republicans are opposed to reopening?! No way. Conservatives are completely against these mask mandates and fully in favor of reopening. To the contrary, Cooper's stance on the lockdowns/reopening and mandatory masks is what is a losing issue. The average person is sick and tired of the lockdowns and mandatory mask edicts.

I consider myself a fairly conservative, albeit registered independent and my personal opinion is that a mask mandate wouldn't be needed if people would take the personal responsibility to wear a mask out in public. Because some vocal few choose to not do so because of some misguided freedom principles you wouldn't even be having a discussion about a mask mandate.

If Forrest had simply said that masks aren't the solution or the cure to prevent Covid spread, but masks and social distancing are the best tools we have available right now to help keep our economy open and we should use it, he'd be our next governor. Instead, he choose to do the opposite and it is one of the reasons why it cost him the election.
GuerrillaPack
Sierrawolf said:

I think the "average person" in your view and what is actually considered an "average person" are drastically different. Forest scared people off with his anti-masking and COVID-is-for-sissies stances.
Most people do not wear masks wherever they are not required -- or when the camera is not on them, as is the case with the communist Democrat politicians. That proves that most people do not want to wear a mask, and do not believe that the virus is that big of an issue.

Sure, some people are buying into the Leftist media hype over the covid hoax, and believe it's a real threat that necessitates wearing a mask. But most people, deep down, are not buying it. The only reason they wear a mask is because of they are being required to by businesses or governor's unconstitutional edict.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

I consider myself a fairly conservative, albeit registered independent and my personal opinion is that a mask mandate wouldn't be needed if people would take the personal responsibility to wear a mask out in public. Because some vocal few choose to not do so because of some misguided freedom principles you wouldn't even be having a discussion about a mask mandate.

If Forrest had simply said that masks aren't the solution or the cure to prevent Covid spread, but masks and social distancing are the best tools we have available right now to help keep our economy open and we should use it, he'd be our next governor. Instead, he choose to do the opposite and it is one of the reasons why it cost him the election.
Hokie, I personally have a few issues with what you've said; perhaps, this was a slip...

I am taking what you've said as: take personal accountability or we should have government intervention. The very nature of you stating someone isn't taking personal responsibility, because they chose not to wear a mask, is misguided. Perhaps, they feel as if they are taking personal responsibility and you just disagree with them. In a conservative, freedom, liberty loving society, people have the ability to make decision you may not agree with.

So, you don't agree with them on the way they take personal responsibility and it becomes ok for the government to mandate mask wearing. Yea, that doesn't align with conservatives I know...
statefan91
So is someone taking personal responsibility if they decide to drive at say, .16 BAC, but they feel that the law of .08 is overkill and they don't need to follow it?
packgrad
statefan91 said:

So is someone taking personal responsibility if they decide to drive at say, .16 BAC, but they feel that the law of .08 is overkill and they don't need to follow it?

Drunk driving is totally the same as wearing a mask. Great comparison.
caryking
statefan91 said:

Study your constitution. Governors can't make laws, only the legislator; but, based on your logic, yea, I guess they can...
TheStorm
People in North Carolina are already wearing masks where they are required to. It is the exception - and not the rule when you see someone who isn't anymore. Can we please dispense with the utter nonsense that people aren't wearing masks in significant numbers.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

Hokie, I personally have a few issues with what you've said; perhaps, this was a slip...

I am taking what you've said as: take personal accountability or we should have government intervention. The very nature of you stating someone isn't taking personal responsibility, because they chose not to wear a mask, is misguided. Perhaps, they feel as if they are taking personal responsibility and you just disagree with them. In a conservative, freedom, liberty loving society, people have the ability to make decision you may not agree with.

So, you don't agree with them on the way they take personal responsibility and it becomes ok for the government to mandate mask wearing. Yea, that doesn't align with conservatives I know...
I'm saying with freedom comes responsibility. If you want more freedom, you have to take on more responsibility. If you don't want to have a government mandate, then you have to take on some of that responsibility and have skin in the game.

There is a difference between freedom in a society and personal freedom to do as I please. Freedom in society comes with social responsibility that sometimes you have to balance your personal freedom to do as you please with the collective responsibility that we all live in a society together that has to function.

So, yes, I feel like if you choose not to wear a mask in public you are being selfish. You absolutely have that right to do so but you should also not be surprised when that selfish freedom is taken away from you by the collective society with a government mandate.

I don't think masks are the magic bullet to cure everything, but I do believe they help based upon what I've personally researched and educated myself and from personal experience where I've been in close contact with someone with COVID who was not symptomatic and wearing a cloth mask and I did not get infected. I simply choose to wear a mask in public because I do not know at any time whether I have an infection or not. All I think anyone without a political axe to grind is asking is that that same courtesy be extended to everyone else in a public setting. I think that is the key to keeping the economy open and not a huge request or an impingement on constitutional freedoms.
caryking
coming to a state near you...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/nov/2/gavin-newsom-california-governor-exceeded-authorit/
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

I'm saying with freedom comes responsibility. If you want more freedom, you have to take on more responsibility. If you don't want to have a government mandate, then you have to take on some of that responsibility and have skin in the game.

There is a difference between freedom in a society and personal freedom to do as I please. Freedom in society comes with social responsibility that sometimes you have to balance your personal freedom to do as you please with the collective responsibility that we all live in a society together that has to function.

So, yes, I feel like if you choose not to wear a mask in public you are being selfish. You absolutely have that right to do so but you should also not be surprised when that selfish freedom is taken away from you by the collective society with a government mandate.

I don't think masks are the magic bullet to cure everything, but I do believe they help based upon what I've personally researched and educated myself and from personal experience where I've been in close contact with someone with COVID who was not symptomatic and wearing a cloth mask and I did not get infected. I simply choose to wear a mask in public because I do not know at any time whether I have an infection or not. All I think anyone without a political axe to grind is asking is that that same courtesy be extended to everyone else in a public setting. I think that is the key to keeping the economy open and not a huge request or an impingement on constitutional freedoms.
Hokie, true conservatives don't use words like "collective society". Again, I will say the beauty of this country is that people can/should be able to do whatever stupid thing they want, just "don't tread on me". People say stupid things, on this board, all the time. Who am I to sensor them?

As far as mask effectiveness: Who knows? Does it hurt? probably not... Social distancing hurt? probably not...

With all these mandates, already in place, why are we having the spike right now? I don't know... perhaps you should look at a bigger picture; like, The Big Reset! Research it for the goals they want to implement worldwide...
packgrad
The spikes are occurring at facilities where you can't even enter without wearing a mask. Additionally, 99% of people in public are wearing masks, but STRAWMAN because we need to give our Democrat leaders our support and more power.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.