NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

93,231 Views | 1526 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Glasswolf
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't like it. It's a big game and you need your big game dude out there and that's Logan.

Time for Dom to grow up and get some stones. Absolutely must have 5 innings at least out of him today.
ClePack
cmon dom!!
Statenate
Are we thinking Whitaker will come in to relieve Dom? I just hope Whitaker gets to pitch in Omaha. I also think he is the better candidate to start this game personally.
PossumJenkins
CLTWolf said:

Don't like it. It's a big game and you need your big game dude out there and that's Logan.

Time for Dom to grow up and get some stones. Absolutely must have 5 innings at least out of him today.
Agreed
ChemE94
CLTWolf said:

I would roll with Logan, as well, but there is no way we win our way back into this thing this week without Fritton, and we need a big time bounceback game from him today. Looking at the weather, it looks like the wind is blowing in even harder this afternoon than Saturday. Hope the bats are active from the start and give him some run support early! LFG Pack!!!!!
Wolfer79
Jtilley
CLTWolf said:

Don't like facing Caglianone with him on the mound. We have struggled vs lefties, so absolutely need to keep it close early.
Glasswolf
CLTWolf said:

Agree
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Daviewolf83
Staff
Glasswolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

FLWolf said:

For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.

Imo it's a simple question. You need 3 outs in ninth inning and you have your full bullpen available. Who is your best guy? The answer to that question should have been on the mound. Monday was irrelevant at that point bc anybody you threw would have still been good on Monday.

So you can answer that ? With whoever you want.

I don't think State necessarily thinks Smith is a better bullpen option than Dudan. I think that showed in staying with him there to start the 9th.
Dudan best pitch is his slider. Why are we going fb away in that situation to a LH. If anything bust 97 on his hands. Then with Smith in the 10th, can we at least show a fb up and then come back with the slider. The guy was sitting on slider get him off of it a little bit by showing a 93 fb and then come back to it.
Because that guy was hitting almost .500 on anything middle/in. Barely .100 on anything on the outer half. You pitch Nicholson away. That's been how you get him out all season. You probably knew that tho.

Yeah that worked out well. LH like to let pitches get deep. Exactly what we let happen. Would much preferred that guy trying to get his barrel to 97 in or Dudan's slider.
Man, you really don't know your ass from a hole in the wall, do you? This particular lefthanded hitter liked the ball inside, the data has shown it and it's why the staff pitched him away. He went yard on a defensive swing. I'm a lefthanded hitter, so I have a good idea what we like. haha

Lemme guess, had we pitched him inside and he turns on one and takes it 380 for a bomb, you're on here saying we should've thrown him away b/c he barely hit .100 on balls away.

Typical post from the travel ball king after a loss. No show after wins, of course.

I am guessing you are washed up at this point but I am sure you were turning on 97 during your illustrious career.
I'm 46, numbnuts. Of course I'm washed up, been washed up since I quit playing ball back in '98. Wasn't anything "illustrious" about my career other than being a really good HS player that got a chance to play in college. I learned a lil something over the years playing high level summer ball (what you now call travel ball) as well as 4 years of Legion ball as well as coaching at summer camps at unc to make some extra scratch. I should've done the travel ball route like you so I could know ball. L O L

Yeah, of course I turned on 97. Any decent ball player can turn on a fast ball. I hit hanging breaking pitches too. I struck out against dudes throwing 80 same as I struck out against dudes humming 95 in on the regular. A draft pick by the Oakland A's in the '96 draft couldn't get me out in Legion ball, a wooden bat league we played in or during intrasquad scrimmages in practice in college. Dude threw in the upper to mid 90s but it was straight as an arrow. It's called timing dumb dumb. Conversely, a Greg Maddox look alike that signed with unc out of Asheboro HS (I think it was Asheboro) was hell to face b/c dude could spot his FB and had an absolutely nasty change piece. He was harder to hit than dudes throwing 95 at times. I don't know if dude ever hit 90.

What's that got to do with your complete and utter lack of baseball knowledge and the fact that you only come around here to piss and moan after losses?
My story was I could hit, I could throw from any place on the diamond and throw a curve ball and change up. But during my last tryout for the Cleveland Indians at Grainger Stadium in 1983 I was labeled the slowest man the scout(s) had ever seen thanks to 3 knee surgeries while I was at State.

just tell everyone you played at State and set records at Grainger Stadium during your minor league tryouts. No one has to know what the actual record was.
I guess I was so slow the stop watch had to stop so I could catch up.
At least you were fast enough they did not have to use a calendar to time you ;-)
Alex Gee
Staff
A ton of wind out there. All flying in it looks like
Daviewolf83
Staff
CLTWolf said:

I agree with you. I would have gone with Logan in this elimination game. Hopefully Dom settles in and can give us five solid innings.
Daviewolf83
Staff
Alex Gee said:

A ton of wind out there. All flying in it looks like
Andrew said in the pregame it was strong and blowing in. He expected a pitchers game, but he said that's what he expected on Sunday and we know how it went. If the wind blows in from left to left-center, I think it will be a pitcher's game.
gopack_83
Don't you love when they spend 10+ mins talking about one guy and then he strikes out in like 3 pitches?
Jtilley
gopack_83 said:

Don't you love when they spend 10+ mins talking about one guy and then he strikes out in like 3 pitches?
And you jinxed it.
Alex Gee
Staff
I'm not worried about those two HBP. That fastball looks very on right now. Dom's main struggle this year has been home runs allowed. Gonna be tough for Florida to drive em out today with that wind and fastball ride.
SportManagementEngineer
Good work Dom. That should settle him into the game.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
WilsonWolf
Good start Dom. Dial in the breaker and I like what I'm seeing
Glasswolf
Daviewolf83 said:

Glasswolf said:

BigLefty24 said:

Glasswolf said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

James Henderson said:

FLWolf said:

For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.

Imo it's a simple question. You need 3 outs in ninth inning and you have your full bullpen available. Who is your best guy? The answer to that question should have been on the mound. Monday was irrelevant at that point bc anybody you threw would have still been good on Monday.

So you can answer that ? With whoever you want.

I don't think State necessarily thinks Smith is a better bullpen option than Dudan. I think that showed in staying with him there to start the 9th.
Dudan best pitch is his slider. Why are we going fb away in that situation to a LH. If anything bust 97 on his hands. Then with Smith in the 10th, can we at least show a fb up and then come back with the slider. The guy was sitting on slider get him off of it a little bit by showing a 93 fb and then come back to it.
Because that guy was hitting almost .500 on anything middle/in. Barely .100 on anything on the outer half. You pitch Nicholson away. That's been how you get him out all season. You probably knew that tho.

Yeah that worked out well. LH like to let pitches get deep. Exactly what we let happen. Would much preferred that guy trying to get his barrel to 97 in or Dudan's slider.
Man, you really don't know your ass from a hole in the wall, do you? This particular lefthanded hitter liked the ball inside, the data has shown it and it's why the staff pitched him away. He went yard on a defensive swing. I'm a lefthanded hitter, so I have a good idea what we like. haha

Lemme guess, had we pitched him inside and he turns on one and takes it 380 for a bomb, you're on here saying we should've thrown him away b/c he barely hit .100 on balls away.

Typical post from the travel ball king after a loss. No show after wins, of course.

I am guessing you are washed up at this point but I am sure you were turning on 97 during your illustrious career.
I'm 46, numbnuts. Of course I'm washed up, been washed up since I quit playing ball back in '98. Wasn't anything "illustrious" about my career other than being a really good HS player that got a chance to play in college. I learned a lil something over the years playing high level summer ball (what you now call travel ball) as well as 4 years of Legion ball as well as coaching at summer camps at unc to make some extra scratch. I should've done the travel ball route like you so I could know ball. L O L

Yeah, of course I turned on 97. Any decent ball player can turn on a fast ball. I hit hanging breaking pitches too. I struck out against dudes throwing 80 same as I struck out against dudes humming 95 in on the regular. A draft pick by the Oakland A's in the '96 draft couldn't get me out in Legion ball, a wooden bat league we played in or during intrasquad scrimmages in practice in college. Dude threw in the upper to mid 90s but it was straight as an arrow. It's called timing dumb dumb. Conversely, a Greg Maddox look alike that signed with unc out of Asheboro HS (I think it was Asheboro) was hell to face b/c dude could spot his FB and had an absolutely nasty change piece. He was harder to hit than dudes throwing 95 at times. I don't know if dude ever hit 90.

What's that got to do with your complete and utter lack of baseball knowledge and the fact that you only come around here to piss and moan after losses?
My story was I could hit, I could throw from any place on the diamond and throw a curve ball and change up. But during my last tryout for the Cleveland Indians at Grainger Stadium in 1983 I was labeled the slowest man the scout(s) had ever seen thanks to 3 knee surgeries while I was at State.

just tell everyone you played at State and set records at Grainger Stadium during your minor league tryouts. No one has to know what the actual record was.
I guess I was so slow the stop watch had to stop so I could catch up.
At least you were fast enough they did not have to use a calendar to time you ;-)
Could have always been worse I suppose lol

Jtilley
Need to make this dude work and pitch in the zone.
SportManagementEngineer
This wind is going to cause something funky to happen before this game is done
gopack_83
Jinxed what?
Jtilley
gopack_83 said:

Jinxed what?
I could be lagging but he hit the next two guys once I saw your post, followed by the last strikeout.
Nate97
We're about to chase Mr Amazing here
SportManagementEngineer
Huge opportunity right out of the gate
Borowolf10
I would bunt.
Borowolf10
Borowolf10 said:

I would bunt.

Too late now.
SexualChocolate
Let's go Pack!!!!!
ChemE94
Announcer just said it. Why the hell are we up there swinging first pitch and bailing this cat out?!?
Nairo
Every butterworth AB involves a 600 foot shot that goes foul down the left side. Usually first pitch.
Wearestate13
Unless you're a bonafide stud, I don't see how you swing first pitch with bases loaded and the guy has thrown 7 straight balls
Wearestate13
And he TOTALLY REDEEMED HIMSELF

Haha
SportManagementEngineer
Atta boy Butters
Borowolf10
Please bunt and get 2 out of this.
Glasswolf
Pack takes a 1 run lead on Butter's single. Bases still loaded with one out

JacksonWilliford
Lol that checked swing
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.