NCAA CWS #RoadtoOmaha Pack9 vs Kentucky Sat 1 PM (L5-4) Mon 1 PM CDT (L5-4)

107,854 Views | 1527 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Glasswolf
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kmb717 said:

Glasswolf said:

gopack_83 said:

Ugh, this one sucked. Felt like UK made a living off catching the wind out in LF and riding it for a home run. I thought we had that one

Oh well, not easy from here but definitely not over. LSU started 1-1 last year IIRC
Nope. LSU didn't lose until dropping one game to Fla in the championship. Last team to come out of the losers bracket was Oregon St in 2018.

12 teams have won the CWS coming from the losers bracket.


Wrong. They lost the winners bracket game to Wake.
OK I see that now. I didn't expand the brackets
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

YouPeople
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ump had a tight zone for both teams today. Dudan definitely balked after seeing the replay.

Pbacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When you lose with your best on the mound not much to say. Move on and hope you can get a win but certainly have made it nearly impossible now to advance.
GoPack2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You have a one run lead headed into the bottom of the ninth. You effing pitch your lock down closer to start the inning. That's all that needs to be said about this game. Effing laughable decision made by EA. Sickening.
YouPeople
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Daviewolf83 said:

James Henderson said:

Smith's stuff right now falls off fast. You don't want him at 25+ pitches man. That's why you roll with him bases empty to start 9th.

That's a failure as a staff IMO. It's okay to say that.
Totally agree. I am still stunned he did not come in the bottom of the ninth. Falls squarely on Avent and Chrysler.
If you don't go to Smith in that spot, what's the point of saving him?


I thought the same thing at the time. Dudan was a little shakey with his command and with a tight zone that seemed like more of a risk than Smith. But if it had worked out then Avent would be called a genius. Sometimes you just gotta get it done.
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

We know you do.

Weird how you were nowhere to be found after the win Monday. But here you are like fkn clockwork. Haha

Must've had to work late. Haha


You need to look more closely.

Don't need to.


Yeah you do. Obviously. Funny you and wilm policing the guy who owns the site.
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


I don't think going with the better option is hyperanalyzing.


NC State should be game-planning to getting to the 9th with a lead and being able to hand it over to Smith with no one on base and no pitches.

That should be the goal.

Fair comment. I thought it was a 50/50 call but I get it. My issue was more wi the pitch calling
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

StateFan2001 said:

We know you do.

Weird how you were nowhere to be found after the win Monday. But here you are like fkn clockwork. Haha

Must've had to work late. Haha


You need to look more closely.

Don't need to.


Yeah you do. Obviously. Funny you and wilm policing the guy who owns the site.
I haven't said sht to James. Don't need to. I have no issues with his perspective.

And no, I obviously don't, sweetheart. Funny you're wrong about something, again.

Two posts the day after the game (zero during or after). You got all in your feelings about Alex Gee's comments. Took you two days to post anything positive and that was one single post (good for you, I guess).

So, nope, didn't need to after all.

StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pblanks said:

So why was dudan yanked? A slapped ball to LF had them lose that much confidence in him? The decision to stay with him in the 9th and then pull him immediately are conflicting to me and why I question the move.

He game up a HR and then a liner to LF. At that point you had no choice but to go to Smith. That part of all of it was a no brainer.
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wilmwolf said:

"Elliott Avent said Noah Soles is seeing a doctor right now. He felt something in his hamstring and Avent said "We didn't want to push it. ... It was more of a precaution."

So that decision can be removed from the coaching malpractice complaints.


Thank you for clearing that coaching situation up. I know that is your one and only focus - make sure nobody questions a coaching decision. So again thank you.
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CLTWolf said:

Pack31 said:

Gotta score more than 4 to win a college baseball game this day and time. Not on the pitching...couldn't hit when we needed it. It happens. Win Monday. They've exceeded my expectations at this point anyway
Waaaaaaaaay exceeded.

Lose Hogue to a nasty broken leg, dude was hitting .314 to that point and was hitting just under .400 over the last 7 games or so. He can play, huge loss.

Lose Willy who's your Friday guy before the season.

Lose SVD who's your main long guy with some stuff.

Just the way this squad battles is awesome.


Right now, who gives a ***** We had a chance to win a national championship - 1 of 8 teams and lost that opportunity essentially today.
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
StateFan2001 said:

CLTWolf said:

Pack31 said:

Gotta score more than 4 to win a college baseball game this day and time. Not on the pitching...couldn't hit when we needed it. It happens. Win Monday. They've exceeded my expectations at this point anyway
Waaaaaaaaay exceeded.

Lose Hogue to a nasty broken leg, dude was hitting .314 to that point and was hitting just under .400 over the last 7 games or so. He can play, huge loss.

Lose Willy who's your Friday guy before the season.

Lose SVD who's your main long guy with some stuff.

Just the way this squad battles is awesome.


Right now, who gives a ***** We had a chance to win a national championship - 1 of 8 teams and lost that opportunity essentially today.
Go to bed. No one likes a crybaby.

I'm quite sure a lot of people here are very proud and LOVE the way this team has constantly gone with the next man up mentality and battled every single game and fought through adversity each time they've experienced it. But all A HOLES like you can do is piss and moan. Have some perspective, jerk.
Spuds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Other teams have won from the loser's bracket…so can we. Enough said.
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
I don't think this game was viewed as a potentially high-scoring game given the way both of these teams profile in that ballpark, but definitely, score more runs.

Agree on Smith, he did go in all 3 of those series game #1.
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
I don't think this game was viewed as a potentially high-scoring game given the way both of these teams profile in that ballpark, but definitely, score more runs.

Agree on Smith, he did go in all 3 of those series game #1.


Agree. The game didn't profile as a high scoring game. 2 good pitching staffs and a ballpark that plays big and slow.
StateFan2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big lost opportunity today but start Monday 1 game at a time and see what happens.
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
I don't think this game was viewed as a potentially high-scoring game given the way both of these teams profile in that ballpark, but definitely, score more runs.

Agree on Smith, he did go in all 3 of those series game #1.


I get it, but even in the 8th when we got the lead a clutch hit to get a second run would have been huge.
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
I don't think this game was viewed as a potentially high-scoring game given the way both of these teams profile in that ballpark, but definitely, score more runs.

Agree on Smith, he did go in all 3 of those series game #1.


I get it, but even in the 8th when we got the lead a clutch hit to get a second run would have been huge.
Oh, I agree; it was just one of those games where that extra hit wasn't coming from the bottom of the lineup.

Glad Pennington was able to score on the WP.
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Right all that small ball worked out well for UK in 8th.

Runner on 2nd no outs and bunted!


They failed to execute. That's very different from a strategic decision of why we could possibly want to put runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out.
PossumJenkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
I don't think this game was viewed as a potentially high-scoring game given the way both of these teams profile in that ballpark, but definitely, score more runs.

Agree on Smith, he did go in all 3 of those series game #1.


I get it, but even in the 8th when we got the lead a clutch hit to get a second run would have been huge.
Oh, I agree; it was just one of those games where that extra hit wasn't coming from the bottom of the lineup.

Glad Pennington was able to score on the WP.


This comment literally makes no sense. "One of those games where the extra hit wasn't coming from the bottom of the lineup"? What's that even mean? Beyond the bottom of the line up winning multiple games for us this season… Heavner barreled multiple balls today just right at people. Soles i think had our best day at the plate for average til he was removed for precaution. Luke had a tough day but i think even he barreled one once but at someone. After the last 2 months i don't know how you watch one of our games and say…hits not coming out of this spot. I literally feel like every part of our lineup can contribute. Cause they all have.
Packamylase
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very frustrating loss. 4 of the first 5 innings, we had a RISP. Couldn't cash in. We were handed the win. Bring in D Smith in the 9th and we walk out with a W.
FLWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.
FLWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BTW, the OPO HR by the Kentucky lefty was a hell of a hit
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLWolf said:

For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.


Agreed, but to say that we didn't use Smith on Fridays was also just wrong. Maybe not all season, but we were using him regularly on Fridays once we turned the season and started winning series over top 10 teams.

And, to your point, we didn't have to worry about overuse today
Alex Gee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Packchem91 said:

FLWolf said:

For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.


Agreed, but to say that we didn't use Smith on Fridays was also just wrong. Maybe not all season, but we were using him regularly on Fridays once we turned the season and started winning series over top 10 teams.

And, to your point, we didn't have to worry about overuse today


Nobody is saying he didn't pitch on Fridays ever haha. What I've said this entire time is that it's not black and white here. It's not like we had Fanning on the mound in the ninth. It was freaking Jacob Dudan lol. Who got 3 outs on 6 pitches the inning prior and who everyone here should agree is a damn stud.

They hit 2 home runs off our two best guys. It happens and was unfortunate but it's not some egregious mistake.
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
matracey said:

James Henderson said:

Right all that small ball worked out well for UK in 8th.

Runner on 2nd no outs and bunted!


They failed to execute. That's very different from a strategic decision of why we could possibly want to put runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out.


Why would you want to waste one of your best hitters to try and put runners on 2nd and 3rd with an out when you are already down 2 runs in the 5th inning?

Cozart had States only RbI at that point as well. Loved Coachs decision to not bunt there.

You are right though execution is always a part of it. We assume Cozart would have executed the bunt there. Who knows? (See Kentucky example).
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
FLWolf said:

For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.


Imo it's a simple question. You need 3 outs in ninth inning and you have your full bullpen available. Who is your best guy? The answer to that question should have been on the mound. Monday was irrelevant at that point bc anybody you threw would have still been good on Monday.

So you can answer that ? With whoever you want.
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
FLWolf said:

BTW, the OPO HR by the Kentucky lefty was a hell of a hit


Yeah I think he had same amount of homers as A Mak. He hits home runs.
CloudPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PossumJenkins said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
I don't think this game was viewed as a potentially high-scoring game given the way both of these teams profile in that ballpark, but definitely, score more runs.

Agree on Smith, he did go in all 3 of those series game #1.


I get it, but even in the 8th when we got the lead a clutch hit to get a second run would have been huge.
Oh, I agree; it was just one of those games where that extra hit wasn't coming from the bottom of the lineup.

Glad Pennington was able to score on the WP.


This comment literally makes no sense. "One of those games where the extra hit wasn't coming from the bottom of the lineup"? What's that even mean? Beyond the bottom of the line up winning multiple games for us this season… Heavner barreled multiple balls today just right at people. Soles i think had our best day at the plate for average til he was removed for precaution. Luke had a tough day but i think even he barreled one once but at someone. After the last 2 months i don't know how you watch one of our games and say…hits not coming out of this spot. I literally feel like every part of our lineup can contribute. Cause they all have.

Soles in particular is hot. Ledford represent
James Henderson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
CloudPack said:

PossumJenkins said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

James Henderson said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Dudan also had just gone pop out, strike out, pop out with both pop outs traveling a grand total of about 60 feet.

I just don't think hyperanalyzing that decision is worth it.


But is it hyper analyzing to say "use your season long closer to close G1 at WCS?"


He's not your season long closer. For the entire year in game 1s we have gone Highfill, SVD/Coop, Dudan.

Smith has traditionally thrown game 2s and 3s if necessary


Against Clem, UNC, and FSU three pretty big FRI night games, Smith pitched the 9th in all of them. Granted, against UNC, he got the hold and win since we got the walk off. Late in the season (VT in ACC, Bryant, and UGA, the G1s did it have save opportunities

All that said, I do agree pitching did not lose this game. Its college BB against a really good team, go score some runs
I don't think this game was viewed as a potentially high-scoring game given the way both of these teams profile in that ballpark, but definitely, score more runs.

Agree on Smith, he did go in all 3 of those series game #1.


I get it, but even in the 8th when we got the lead a clutch hit to get a second run would have been huge.
Oh, I agree; it was just one of those games where that extra hit wasn't coming from the bottom of the lineup.

Glad Pennington was able to score on the WP.


This comment literally makes no sense. "One of those games where the extra hit wasn't coming from the bottom of the lineup"? What's that even mean? Beyond the bottom of the line up winning multiple games for us this season… Heavner barreled multiple balls today just right at people. Soles i think had our best day at the plate for average til he was removed for precaution. Luke had a tough day but i think even he barreled one once but at someone. After the last 2 months i don't know how you watch one of our games and say…hits not coming out of this spot. I literally feel like every part of our lineup can contribute. Cause they all have.

Soles in particular is hot. Ledford represent


Soles was out of game at that point IIRC.
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

FLWolf said:

For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.


Agreed, but to say that we didn't use Smith on Fridays was also just wrong. Maybe not all season, but we were using him regularly on Fridays once we turned the season and started winning series over top 10 teams.

And, to your point, we didn't have to worry about overuse today


Nobody is saying he didn't pitch on Fridays ever haha. What I've said this entire time is that it's not black and white here. It's not like we had Fanning on the mound in the ninth. It was freaking Jacob Dudan lol. Who got 3 outs on 6 pitches the inning prior and who everyone here should agree is a damn stud.

They hit 2 home runs off our two best guys. It happens and was unfortunate but it's not some egregious mistake.


You said it was the routine thing to do with Highfill during the season as if that was the normal approach and so justifies pitching Dudan two innings instead of relying on the guy you turned to more than anyone else to win G1.

Look, we don't know what would have happened. Smith may have come in and hit two batters and then given up a HR.
But managers get paid to make the tough decision. I agree it's not black and white, but it's certainly fair to ask and criticize when the coach makes a different decision than he did over the last two months of the season
Alex Gee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Packchem91 said:

Alex Gee said:

Packchem91 said:

FLWolf said:

For those that say we don't use Smith on Fridays, this is not a three day weekend. It is managed totally different. We are off today win or lose vs KY. How things were managed during the season really doesn't matter.

Personally, I think you bring Smith in to close in the 9th. Maybe EA preferred Duden vs that part of the line-up?? Who knows but how he managed a 3 game weekend should have no bearing on Friday's strategy.


Agreed, but to say that we didn't use Smith on Fridays was also just wrong. Maybe not all season, but we were using him regularly on Fridays once we turned the season and started winning series over top 10 teams.

And, to your point, we didn't have to worry about overuse today


Nobody is saying he didn't pitch on Fridays ever haha. What I've said this entire time is that it's not black and white here. It's not like we had Fanning on the mound in the ninth. It was freaking Jacob Dudan lol. Who got 3 outs on 6 pitches the inning prior and who everyone here should agree is a damn stud.

They hit 2 home runs off our two best guys. It happens and was unfortunate but it's not some egregious mistake.


You said it was the routine thing to do with Highfill during the season as if that was the normal approach and so justifies pitching Dudan two innings instead of relying on the guy you turned to more than anyone else to win G1.


Brother they relied on Dudan plenty of times to close big games. They relied on him to get Condon out with bases loaded in the super. They relied on him to close out FSU. They relied on him to close out UVA, Wake, UNC

Avent said as such in postgame. It's what we did against Bryant. It's what we did multiple times throughout the year. If Dudan was in for the 8th, he stayed in for the 9th.

ETA: I'm pretty tired of this discussion at this point. We have a stud that has closed out/bailed State out of multiple jams this season and had a really nice 8th so they ran him out for the 9th. We would be thrilled if he went 1,2,3 and we'd be talking about how fresh we were for the rest of the tourney.

Instead both guys who have been excellent for State give up home runs. Would Smith have won it in the 9th? Who the hell knows? That conversation is as dumb to me as "we should've thrown it instead of run it on that 4th down" or "well if he didn't sac bunt he could've hit a 3 run home run". We don't know that. Players make plays. It's not an egregious decision to leave Dudan out there when there's a track record for doing so
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
final from game 4
Texas A&M 3
Florida 2
Florida plays NC State Monday at 2pm (EDT) in elimination game
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.