Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Game 2 -- 6/21, 7 p.m.

51,027 Views | 579 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpacklife said:

FourOaksWolf said:

Avent is kicking ass, and taking names.

Avent about popped a blood vessel in the last inning. Rightfully so. Ump changed the strike zone about the time we hit the Homer.
That has happened several times. I thought the MSU pitcher was going to have the right to go all Juaquin Andujar with the umps after he called 2 Ks down the middle as balls, allowing the tying runner on base

I hate when refs call the last 2 minutes of a game differently...but at least in an action sport, you can kind of understand....absolutely no reason for umps to change their zones, but keeps happening in this WS.
Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia said:

Evidently post game coverage is coming up at 10 on ACCN
Really? A big east basketball game is on right now.
packman78
What a game, not gonna lie, I was a little nervous in the 8th and 9th. Seems like every game all we hear about is how good a pitcher the other team has and we just go to work. Unreal what this team has accomplished so far; hopefully they're not done!
poexcuse
Vandy was not shut out this year....before tonight. Stanford has hit well all year. Looks like they would have the advantage vs the Vandy B pitchers.
CLTWolf
Top of the 8th I moved over 2 sections to the main Pack section and got wild. Me and JCooke high fived like 50 times.
I'm headed tomorrow and will do so with a big ass smile on my face!
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfpack
metcalfmafia said:

mdreid said:

Packchem91 said:

My 24 yo son, who has basically been watching State games since he was old enough to watch a TV and went to State, just texted "thats the biggest win we've had in our lifetime"....and I'm hard pressed to come up a bigger, more satisfying one.
30 yo Alum, same here

28. Same here.

Same here. I've never felt that tingle before. Wow.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Packchem91 said:

Serious question....who else in the crowd did not move their position over the last several innings?

My daughter walked in the room in the 9th after we screamed over the DP, and we made her leave....which made my wife stroll in, right as the last hitter came up, calling us stupid for our beliefs. She was going to stand there to make us mad, but fortunately, with my son and I yelling at her, stepped out of the room just in time to return order to the scene before the K.
Ya'll are welcome.

I once spent three hours in a chair facing away from the tv during the OT game at Ohio State. I ain't changing **** if it's working. I sat in the same place as drank my bourbon. I know it doesn't matter, but I'm not willing to bet on it.
First game on Saturday I only posted once to ***** about the umpire during the game. Today after I posted in the first inning, I said no more posting. Mine worked too.

Now I have to decide if I am going to Omaha or not. At my age, probably won't get another chance. We'll see how it goes. If I go and we don't win then I would blame myself for being selfish. This is what fans do!!
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packgrad
Bell Tower Grey said:

metcalfmafia said:

10pm. Still big East ball.
Wolfpacklife
CLTWolf said:

Top of the 8th I moved over 2 sections to the main Pack section and got wild. Me and JCooke high fived like 50 times.

Yall fans that were there make the rest of us who couldn't make it proud. Was loud as heck on the TV. Absolutely love it
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Packchem91 said:

Serious question....who else in the crowd did not move their position over the last several innings?

My daughter walked in the room in the 9th after we screamed over the DP, and we made her leave....which made my wife stroll in, right as the last hitter came up, calling us stupid for our beliefs. She was going to stand there to make us mad, but fortunately, with my son and I yelling at her, stepped out of the room just in time to return order to the scene before the K.
Ya'll are welcome.

I once spent three hours in a chair facing away from the tv during the OT game at Ohio State. I ain't changing **** if it's working. I sat in the same place as drank my bourbon. I know it doesn't matter, but I'm not willing to bet on it.
LOL, LOL, LOL....that is an all-time sacrifice right there. I'm picturing what the Russians, or the aliens, who are studying American life would think, if they focused in on you facing away from your team in that scenario. Complete confusion.
Justin Grice
Staff
poexcuse said:

Vandy was not shut out this year....before tonight.

They have not been shutout since 2019, until tonight!!
BeaufortCoPack
I stayed in the same position so long I got a cramp in the arch of my foot. Hated that I had to move my hand position to work it out.
rangerA
So when do we play again?
CLTWolf
Wolfpacklife said:

CLTWolf said:

Yall fans that were there make the rest of us who couldn't make it proud. Was loud as heck on the TV. Absolutely love it

So many Pack fans here. I had some Nebraska fans doing the chants with me. Miss State was pulling for us bc they hate Vandy. Tenn fans were on our side for the same reason. Just a damn good experience, crowd and game.

Go Wolfpack!!
Wolfpack
packgrad said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

metcalfmafia said:

10pm. Still big East ball.

What does the Big East have to do with the ACC?
Wolfpack
poexcuse said:

Vandy was not shut out this year....before tonight. Stanford has hit well all year. Looks like they would have the advantage vs the Vandy B pitchers.

Yet they never talk about our guys. Keep sleeping, ESPN.
Packchem91
BeaufortCoPack said:

I stayed in the same position so long I got a cramp in the arch of my foot. Hated that I had to move my hand position to work it out.
Yeah, see these kind of "taking one for the team" sacrifices get even tougher as we get older and our bodies can't stand the tension and the same position for so long.

I do love the crowd scenes in those tense moments. Where you can see mom's basically holding their breath, and dads about to pass out....
SexualChocolate
CLTWolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

CLTWolf said:

So many Pack fans here. I had some Nebraska fans doing the chants with me. Miss State was pulling for us bc they hate Vandy. Tenn fans were on our side for the same reason. Just a damn good experience, crowd and game.

Go Wolfpack!!

This is awesome!
CLTWolf
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfpack said:

poexcuse said:

Actually, they had not been shut out in 2 years until tonight.
mdreid
CLTWolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

CLTWolf said:

Go Wolfpack!!
so Vandy is the uNC of the SEC? lol
Justin Grice
Staff
rangeramos said:

So when do we play again?

Friday.
AlleyPack
I'm not gonna lie.... I'm pulling for Stanford on Wednesday.
If Vandy wins on Wednesday then we'll be facing Rocker on Friday and (potentially) Leiter again on Saturday.

We'll have Willadsen/Villaman and Johnson on the mound for us, so I like our chances, but still.... I'd rather face Stanford's SPs.
CLTWolf
I'm just sitting outside the stadium on a random bench yelling Go Pack, high fivin and sht. Just told a smoke show police officer to Go Wolfpack. She smiled.

This sht is so awesome.
Wolfpack
AlleyPack said:

If Vandy wins on Wednesday then we'll be facing Rocker on Friday and (potentially) Leiter again on Saturday.

We'll have Willadsen/Villaman and Johnson on the mound for us, so I like our chances, but still.... I'd rather face Stanford's SPs.

Agree. Go Fake Block S people
Packchem91
AlleyPack said:

Amen. Stanford all the way.
barnburner
Friday
wolfinit
Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfpack said:

poexcuse said:

Actually, they had not been shut out in 2 years until tonight.

Which is kinda the same thing as 1 year since most games played last year early were against scrubs before the season got cancelled. Either way, impressive performance on the mound and in the field by the guys tonight.
wolfpack1437
CLTWolf said:

I'm just sitting outside the stadium on a random bench yelling Go Pack, high fivin and sht. Just told a smoke show police officer to Go Wolfpack. She smiled.

This sht is so awesome.
Simply beautiful! You know if we are home or away on Fri? I leave first thing in the morning to head out there and want to be in the Pack section
EthanBarry
Staff
What a win. Go Stanford
cowboypack02
This dude is the reason we won tonight....

wuffpack90
One more win and I'll be joining you guys
Wolfpacker009
I did not realize we had such a break. I assumed Vandy/Stanford would be 2pm then we'd be 7pm vs the winner the same day. Then play the rubber match Friday.

Either way. At this point, the team has proven that they belong and can hang with anyone.

3 more wins.
Wolfvet
That was epic. Other than the 83 natty champs, this is the most proud I've ever been of a Wolfpack team.
Cthepack
cowboypack02 said:

This dude is the reason we won tonight....

As I say, he is one of Colliervilles finest!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.