Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Game 2 -- 6/21, 7 p.m.

50,467 Views | 579 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
cowboypack02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

AlleyPack said:

I'm not gonna lie.... I'm pulling for Stanford on Wednesday.
If Vandy wins on Wednesday then we'll be facing Rocker on Friday and (potentially) Leiter again on Saturday.

We'll have Willadsen/Villaman and Johnson on the mound for us, so I like our chances, but still.... I'd rather face Stanford's SPs.
Amen. Stanford all the way.

With it being an elimination game you've got to think that Vandy will throw Rocker on Wednesday and then Letter again on Friday. Figure if we get to Saturday we'll see Rocker for a few innings as well. I wouldn't want my studs sitting on the bench in an elimination game.
Wolfpack
wuffpack90 said:

One more win and I'll be joining you guys

Yeah, me too. Have some plans that I cannot move this weekend but I'll be there Sunday to the end if we get one more win.
waxhaw
CLTWolf said:

I'm just sitting outside the stadium on a random bench yelling Go Pack, high fivin and sht. Just told a smoke show police officer to Go Wolfpack. She smiled.

This sht is so awesome.
Yes sir. You might feel old but hit the tent for the DJ and party. That was a blast Saturday and a few players will show up.
waxhaw
Does anyone know if Leiter throws a gyro..asking for a friend.
wolfpacklean202
Whoever made the decision to make Justice our closer mid season...give that man a raise
Wolfpack
waxhaw said:

Does anyone know if Leiter throws a gyro..asking for a friend.

Saw it land in the concourse, I think.
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

AlleyPack said:

If Vandy wins on Wednesday then we'll be facing Rocker on Friday and (potentially) Leiter again on Saturday.

We'll have Willadsen/Villaman and Johnson on the mound for us, so I like our chances, but still.... I'd rather face Stanford's SPs.

With it being an elimination game you've got to think that Vandy will throw Rocker on Wednesday and then Letter again on Friday. Figure if we get to Saturday we'll see Rocker for a few innings as well. I wouldn't want my studs sitting on the bench in an elimination game.
Further convincing MLB scouts to lay off college pitchers! I guess either could go for a few innings, but surely you're not going to risk that?
I'd see Rocker Friday, Leiter Saturday maybe is more likely. Its why I'm a big Cardinal fan Wednesday night.
wolfpack1437
wuffpack90 said:

One more win and I'll be joining you guys
Hit me up when you get there. We're getting that win
AlleyPack
cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

AlleyPack said:

It all depends on whether their coach is comfortable pitching Rocker on only three days rest.
Rocker could be the number one pick in the draft... that's a high-risk decision on the table.
CLTWolf
waxhaw said:

CLTWolf said:

I'm just sitting outside the stadium on a random bench yelling Go Pack, high fivin and sht. Just told a smoke show police officer to Go Wolfpack. She smiled.

This sht is so awesome.
Yes sir. You might feel old but hit the tent for the DJ and party. That was a blast Saturday and a few players will show up.

Haha no way! I heard that bass boomin from two blocks away. I'd last maybe 15 mins (lol). I'm walking my chunky butt back to the room to watch the game again.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfpack
AlleyPack said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

AlleyPack said:

It all depends on whether their coach is comfortable pitching Rocker on only three days rest.
Rocker could be the number one pick in the draft... that's a high-risk decision on the table.

Same conversation is valid for Friday IMO
BigLefty24
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

DrummerboyWolf
AlleyPack said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

AlleyPack said:

If Rocker pitches Wednesday night it will be closer to 4 days rest. He will have had over 90 hours to recuperate. It's is a big decision either way, but I imagine he would want the ball.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
griff17matt
So, Friday...would you guys pitch Willadsen or Reid?

I think my answer would depend on who we're facing. If it's Stanford, I'd probably go Reid. If it's Vandy, I'd probably go Willadsen. What say ye?
wilmwolf
Willadsen and Villaman. Stick with what has been working. Don't **** with a winning streak.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
metcalfmafia
Sorry maybe the postgame coverage is at 11. Idk
mdreid
No mention of Sam anywhere...

Wolfpacklife
PSA. Please make sure you eat the same food and sit in the same seat Friday.
tau06
LFG baby! Hell of a game. 1 more is all we need
ciscopack
tau06 said:

3 more wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brang it.
WilmingtonPackman777
The great ones only give them up with no one on board.
Wolfpack
metcalfmafia said:

Sorry maybe the postgame coverage is at 11. Idk

Not your fault the network designed to cover this is literally covering a completely different conference.
DrummerboyWolf
mdreid said:

No mention of Sam anywhere...

Leiter was magnificent. But we waited him out and struck with Terrell's bomb. Sam kept us in the game and pitched every bit as good as Leiter. He gave us the chance and we finally got to Leiter for the winning run.
Wolfpack
I'm so excited for the game on Wednesday. I love sitting back on my high horse talking **** and scouting our opponents out. Best part about tournament play to me. A different level of "chill" when you're waiting with your business done.
WilmingtonPackman777
Did y'all see Sam's dad on TV?
wilmwolf
I think it was mentioned during the game, but I can't sleep so I wanted to post about it - it was pretty hilarious when they showed their releiver in the pen coating his arms in sunscreen, in a night game on a mild day no less. Combine that with the rosin and they get a sticky film that let's them really spin it. I assume a lot of guys do it, but you normally don't see it as blatant as that.
Wolfpack
You remember when those Arkansas fans came in saying we couldn't win a series in the SEC? We'd be a three win team in that league? Well if you're still reading, there you go, ******bags
wilmwolf
If this guy posts here, I just want to say you are my spirit animal.

Wolfpack
I think you see Kumar go out there Wednesday. If they win, you see Leiter on Friday then (if they win that too) ???? on Saturday.

I actually love Kumar (his heritage tracks with me) so I'm excited to see him not play us if he does go on Wednesday so I can fully enjoy that.

Man, I'm too drunk for a Monday night like it's pint night at Flying Saucer
TriangleDreamer
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
pack4life11
It's been a few hours now, but I can't sleep. Watched the game with the lady tonight and when Justice struck out the last guy, I just put my head in my hands for a few seconds. Not gonna lie, I almost had tears. She is a Duke fan and alum and she didn't get it at first. But I explained it all once again to her and it all sank in.

I'm in my early 30s and this is the biggest game I've ever seen State win in any of the big 3 sports. Not an upset of FSU in Carter Finley, not beating a #1 ranked UNC or Duke in PNC. I literally sat on that barstool and had a moment thinking, knowing that this was the biggest win for the team I love in over 30 years. Probably won't slee much tonight. Don't care. It's worth it.

PSbeing a Red Sox fan born in 1919 must have sucked all kinds of hind tit. If 30 years feels this good, I can't imagine what 80 felt like.

Wolfpack
ciscopack said:

tau06 said:

3 more wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brang it.

When you look at it like that it's absolutely insane what we've done.
Wolfpack
Well they got their UNC bull**** back on the network so it's bed time for me folks. Rally into tomorrow.
sf59
Watching playoff baseball on TV is so intense. I can't do it.

I've been getting by on Tune In Radio and doing chores/yard work. Well, the yard is fully mulched, the crape myrtles are trimmed, and the car is washed. Thank you Pack9!!!!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
DrummerboyWolf
sf59 said:

Watching playoff baseball on TV is so intense. I can't do it.

I've been getting by on Tune In Radio and doing chores/yard work. Well, the yard is fully mulched, the crape myrtles are trimmed, and the car is washed. Thank you Pack9!!!!
You can come over and cut my grass and trim for the next game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.