Scouting Vanderbilt -- CWS Game 2 -- 6/21, 7 p.m.

50,509 Views | 579 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wolfer79
AlleyPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know we still have to do our part to get there... but I'd be okay facing Virginia.
Bell Tower Grey
BigLefty24 said:

TopsailWolf said:

Ha, I hear you. Head on Down Arrington Bridge rd and make a stop at Grady's for the best bbq in Wayne county.

If you live in Goldsboro stop at Terry's Tasty Shop right beside Wilbur's. My aunt serves up a legit hamburger/hotdog and good ice cream

Tell your aunt I'm adopting her.. That bacon doublecheeseburger and hot dog combination is hard to beat. Wheewwwweeee.
Sssshhhhhhh. You're going to ruin it for us.

Topsail, as you well know, it's good grub.
Pack87
AlleyPack said:

I know we still have to do our part to get there... but I'd be okay facing Virginia.

Don't want Virginia, Pack does better in the underdog role.
metcalfmafia
Things are getting interesting in Omaha tonight.
metcalfmafia
Wow. Miss State goes ahead on a three run shot.
Whitetailpack
Another great game!
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
channel?
EthanBarry
Staff
What a disaster from UVA. Four sac bunts, game should've been over. First baseman wasn't at second on the double in the gap. Bad baseball
DecaturWolf
EthanBarry said:

What a disaster from UVA. Four sac bunts, game should've been over. First baseman wasn't at second on the double in the gap. Bad baseball
Plus their center fielder who misjudged that fly ball.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
where is this game? i can see every softball game played but cannot find this one?
PackFansXL
ESPN2
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
PackFansXL said:

ESPN2
found it using the app, when i look on my box it says that it is UEFA tongint
BeaufortCoPack
Because it has passed it's time slot
Pakbackr
These announcers have no idea how the bracket works. We will not be playing the winner of the UVA vs Miss State game. Jeez
Packamylase
MSU comes back to win 6-5.
mdreid
they used a bunch of pitchers damn

used 8 diff pitchers
Wlfpackamk
mdreid said:

they used a bunch of pitchers damn

used 8 diff pitchers
Good, I hope they squeak the next game out and are exhausted for the 3 game final.
TheStorm
Oldsouljer said:

cowboypack02 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

WilmingtonPackman777 said:

Vandy coach is salty, frustrated, but complimentary of Highfull - no doubt about that - but he's pissed they lost.
Can you blame the guy? He rolls out one of the best pitchers in the country and a very good Vandy offense, and he can't get two runs across the plate?

You don't expect your team to lose when your pitcher has these stats in a game: 15 Strikeouts, 4 Hits, 1 Earned Run. Leiter only gave of on hit until the 7th inning, and it happened to be a HR.

We'd be awfully unhappy about our offense as well if they wasted a great game by one of our pitchers as well.

Back in 1988 I got to see Clemens pitch in Chicago against the White Sox( I had seen him in 1986 against the Orioles). After 8 innings he had given up one hit, a homer, struck out 15, and was losing 2-1. He ended up with a no decision as the Red Sox came back and won, but Clemens was magnificent and had made one mistake. It's baseball. Leiter pitched great, but not good enough.
Clemens was an absolute monster in his prime. I won't ever forget watching him pick up the barrel of the broken bat and throwing it at Mike Piazza during the world series.
I'd forgotten that episode, thanks for jogging my memory. But Schilling and Johnson were and are my all time favorite pitching duo back when they just stonewalled the Yankees out of a Pennant back in the early 2000s. The Yankees weren't accustomed to being dominated on the mound and it was a thrill to watch. IMO, Johnson earned his trip to Cooperstown for that series all by itself.
It was a World Series, not a pennant... Luis Gonzalez.
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

Oldsouljer said:

cowboypack02 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

WilmingtonPackman777 said:

Vandy coach is salty, frustrated, but complimentary of Highfull - no doubt about that - but he's pissed they lost.
Can you blame the guy? He rolls out one of the best pitchers in the country and a very good Vandy offense, and he can't get two runs across the plate?

You don't expect your team to lose when your pitcher has these stats in a game: 15 Strikeouts, 4 Hits, 1 Earned Run. Leiter only gave of on hit until the 7th inning, and it happened to be a HR.

We'd be awfully unhappy about our offense as well if they wasted a great game by one of our pitchers as well.

Back in 1988 I got to see Clemens pitch in Chicago against the White Sox( I had seen him in 1986 against the Orioles). After 8 innings he had given up one hit, a homer, struck out 15, and was losing 2-1. He ended up with a no decision as the Red Sox came back and won, but Clemens was magnificent and had made one mistake. It's baseball. Leiter pitched great, but not good enough.
Clemens was an absolute monster in his prime. I won't ever forget watching him pick up the barrel of the broken bat and throwing it at Mike Piazza during the world series.
I'd forgotten that episode, thanks for jogging my memory. But Schilling and Johnson were and are my all time favorite pitching duo back when they just stonewalled the Yankees out of a Pennant back in the early 2000s. The Yankees weren't accustomed to being dominated on the mound and it was a thrill to watch. IMO, Johnson earned his trip to Cooperstown for that series all by itself.
It was a World Series, not a pennant... Luis Gonzalez.
Correct, I use pennant loosely.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.