Baseball ACCT pods (Tuesday-Sunday)

65,906 Views | 511 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Struttingwolf96
SportManagementEngineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you let David Harrison start tonight as a reward for his base running last night?
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
ScoobyWolf
SportManagementEngineer said:

Do you let David Harrison start tonight as a reward for his base running last night?
he needs to work on his slide.
ciscopack
TheCapper said:

I personally enjoy the irony of WF board going insane over last call at plate and conveniently forgetting 1st inning call at the plate.

F em.
The film made the call correct. Now the ump was wavy for both teams with close balls and strikes. I'd like seeing a computer help them with those. I like watching pro baseball with the rectangle box over the plate and seeing the hits and misses by the ump.
TheCapper
ciscopack said:

TheCapper said:

I personally enjoy the irony of WF board going insane over last call at plate and conveniently forgetting 1st inning call at the plate.

F em.
The film made the call correct. Now the ump was wavy for both teams with close balls and strikes. I'd seeing a computer help them with those. I like watching pro baseball with the rectangle box over the plate and seeing the hits and misses by the ump.

Oh I think final call was correct. I just think it is funny in a vacuum how a message board will completely analyze/complain about the last play without acknowledging..."Hey, we probably got away with one in the 1st"
SportManagementEngineer
ScoobyWolf said:

he needs to work on his slide.

There's a chance that's the last baserunning he ever does at State. While not pretty, it was gutsy and got the job done. I say start him.
AlleyPack
I think you hand the ball to guys like Alec Barger, Andrew Blake, Michael Bienlien, and Canaan Silver, and say you guys are pitching today, for better or worse. 2-3 IP each and save all the rest of the staff for the weekend.
Heck, if two of those guys can combine for all nine innings then all the better.

(note: haven't followed the recent box scores, so not sure if anyone is injured/unavailable or not)
GrayWolf98
I really wish game threads would just stick to the game and not diatribes and back and forths about firing our coach BEFORE THE GAME IS OVER.

That being said, that was a gutsy performance on a night where it seemed Wake had some underdog mojo working. Swiney was the key to that win IMO. He held the Deacs to nada, zilch, nothing to set up that come back.

Can anyone explain why we have to play FSU today? Seems weird for the winner of the pool to have to play a meaningless game.
SportManagementEngineer
GrayWolf98 said:

I really wish game threads would just stick to the game and not diatribes and back and forths about firing our coach BEFORE THE GAME IS OVER.

That being said, that was a gutsy performance on a night where it seemed Wake had some underdog mojo working. Swiney was the key to that win IMO. He held the Deacs to nada, zilch, nothing to set up that come back.

Can anyone explain why we have to play FSU today? Seems weird for the winner of the pool to have to play a meaningless game.

Because if FSU had beaten Wake on Tuesday then last night would've been meaningless and tonight would've been the big one.
AlleyPack
GrayWolf98 said:

Just look at it as some extra batting practice for our guys.
GrayWolf98

GrayWolf98 said:

Because if FSU had beaten Wake on Tuesday then last night would've been meaningless and tonight would've been the big one.
Yea I get that, but why play it now? It would suck to lose a player to injury in a game that has zero impact on the tourney results.
PossumJenkins
I think the winning run was enough for Harrison. We will need him Sunday and he would stay in his normal role if you get there. I think it's guys like Silver, Gauthier, bienlien...maybe even a tillery. Almost need to have Barger, Blake still available.

Swinney is probably the only one done after last night. Johnston only threw 52 so could even possible get an inning or two out of him on a Sunday if needed.
Wolfer79
KKandDD said:

Big win. For anyone following the season closely, what does this do in terms of hosting a regional? There are 16 regionals correct?

d1baseball will release new projections later today

16 regional hosts

They had NC State as #13 earlier in week

Would help chances of hosting if Miami beats unc-ch today, or at least make me feel better about hosting.
wilmwolf
Because in theory, every team that survives pool play will have played the same number of games, so no team will have an advantage of having been able to rest their players. The real reason is because they enlarged the tournament format a few years ago when UNC missed the tournament, and subsequently the NCAA tournament. With the expansion, there has to be a pool play system in order to get the tournament completed in the same number of days. Once you do pools, then everyone has to play both games so it will be "fair" for the next round.
Wolfer79
GrayWolf98 said:

GrayWolf98 said:

Yea I get that, but why play it now? It would suck to lose a player to injury in a game that has zero impact on the tourney results.

Today matters for TV money, NCAAT seeding and beer sales at DBAP.
GrayWolf98
Wolfer79 said:

GrayWolf98 said:

GrayWolf98 said:

Today matters for TV money, NCAAT seeding and beer sales at DBAP.
I can always get behind more beer sales!
The artist formerly known as LuvtheHerb - DONT PANIC!
Ripper
ciscopack said:

Ripper said:

ciscopack said:

pack4life11 said:

BigLefty24 said:

Debbie Downers go home.

Happy as hell with the win...ecstatic. But my point isn't advancing to semi finals or finals...it's winning the damn thing. I hope I get to eat all kinds of crow (23 years worth) on Sunday
LMAO....out last baseball title was 27 years ago. The great Ray won 1 of them in 1992......edit....make that 28 years ago
You were right the first time. 27 years. 2019-1992= 27. Did you graduate from State?
If you count 1992 and 2019, it is 28......do you count it...probably not. I can subtract and no, I did not graduate from State. I was accepted and scored in the top .1%.....that's .1% on the math portion of the SAT. I'm not great at English however but I know the difference in our and out and often type out, when trying to type our.

I'm not talking down a great player and Coach in Ray Tanner either; just saying we won 1 championship. I played a couple games against him when he was at South Johnston and when we walked though the gym to the baseball field, there was this amazing tall sophomore girl shooting hoops in that gym......Beasley was her last name.

I just typed it all to begin with when reading the 23 years of crow eating....well that is Avents tenure; 27 since the last crowing title.
Ease up Roscoe. It was a joke.
CLTWolf
PossumJenkins said:

I think the winning run was enough for Harrison. We will need him Sunday and he would stay in his normal role if you get there. I think it's guys like Silver, Gauthier, bienlien...maybe even a tillery. Almost need to have Barger, Blake still available.

Swinney is probably the only one done after last night. Johnston only threw 52 so could even possible get an inning or two out of him on a Sunday if needed.

Yep. Klyman threw 29 so he's good for another couple innings come the weekend. For as many arms as we used last night we came out of it pretty damn good.
AlleyPack
Are we pulling for Duke to beat GT today?
Would seem to make sense based on their rankings.
CLTWolf
AlleyPack said:

I am. Georgia Tech can flat out rake. They are a better hitting team than Wake and Wake was the best hitting team I saw us play this year. Let's also hope they pitch their stud lefty, Connor Thomas today.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
wilmwolf80 said:

I guarantee you I could get an out with my knuckleball. I wouldn't look real good in the uniform though.

Might need you tonight, stay loose and near bullpen
Colonel Armstrong
AlleyPack said:

Is Duke a NCAA tournament team?
Formerly King Leary
ScoobyWolf
cof17wolf said:

AlleyPack said:

Is Duke a NCAA tournament team?
I think I saw them projected to be a 3 seed
acslater1344
Wow checked the score last night when it was 0-4 and didn't see we won until this morning.

Naturally, my first thought was "oh the game thread must've been hilarious" and boy was I right. Shout out to CLT and Lefty for holding it down against the trolls last night. It's amazing how fast they peace out after a win.
CLTWolf
Just now seeing this. Louisburg College for Coach Russ Frazier before transferring to State. I did some coaching back in the day with my old Legion squad and worked unc baseball camps for Mike Roberts (grew up and played with Brian) for 4 or 5 years and worked a bunch of HS and regional camps too.

God help us, you're a doctor?!
wilmwolf
I'll be ready!
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

I'll be ready!

Don't forget to work in the changeup as well.
ciscopack
CLTWolf said:

Just now seeing this. Louisburg College for Coach Russ Frazier before transferring to State. I did some coaching back in the day with my old Legion squad and worked unc baseball camps for Mike Roberts (grew up and played with Brian) for 4 or 5 years and worked a bunch of HS and regional camps too.

God help us, you're a doctor?!
When did you play at Louisburg CLT? My dad was offered that job before Russell took it. He turned down Enid Drake's Louisburg job too (the basketball coach).
wilmwolf
Lol. I was a middle infielder, there's not a whole lot of difference between my change and fastball. That's why I was figuring on throwing knuckleballs, I doubt any of these kids have ever seen one. Of course these days the more likely scenario is that I would throw one pitch and all the ligaments in my arm would break simultaneously.
Gost8
What time is Saturday's game ?
Wolfer79
Gost8 said:

What time is Saturday's game ?

5pmish
Second game of day
gopack1979
What's the story on Andrew Tillery? I see he's pitched 3 innings this year. Is he healthy? If so maybe we can get some innings from him. Also is Gauthier healthy? I'd expect him to start if so.
Wolfer79
gopack1979 said:

What's the story on Andrew Tillery? I see he's pitched 3 innings this year. Is he healthy? If so maybe we can get some innings from him. Also is Gauthier healthy? I'd expect him to start if so.

I think there are roster size limits for ACCT and NCAAT and not sure if either is on ACCT roster.
CLTWolf
gopack1979 said:

We are probably going to see a bunch of Alec Barger, Andrew Blake, Michael Bienlien and Nolan Clenney tonight. Maybe Silver but I would probably keep him in my back pocket for the weekend. A lefty that can work in long relief will be nice to have available just in case.
gopack1979
Is there a mercy rule in the ACC tournament? I know there's one in the SEC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.