Baseball ACCT pods (Tuesday-Sunday)

65,902 Views | 511 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Struttingwolf96
Andrew4343
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Try to get them in a rhythm is my best guess.
wilmwolf
Well, Bailey is getting the night off behind the plate, which is good. Batting 4-5 times is way easier than catching nine innings. Edwards is playing because he's our first baseman and a lefty. If the game gets out of hand,I would guess you'll see Wilson come out. Barger has started for us, it's not like we're throwing a position player or something. This is like a typical mid week game. Lots of guys will pitch probably, we'll probably bring in a lot of backups throughout the game.
Ncsu67
Well, at least when we dont give a rat's ass about a game, it shows.
Struttingwolf96
Out of 14 innings now State has played good in just one of them, pitching & hitting better show up tomorrow or State will get beaten like this again. Can not afford to get behind again & Wilson, Bailey, & Edwards better get off the m.i.a list. Dont care if Avent & the guys dont care about winning tonight, but they better hope this doesnt linger into tomorrow against GaT. I just dont like the way this ACC tourney is set up with this pool play.
Colonel Armstrong
On to the next. Beat GT.
Formerly King Leary
wilmwolf
Tough part of this format. Game means nothing to us, though you aren't going to just forfeit, you have to go through the motions. On the other hand, FSU has a ton to play for, they are fighting to make the post season, and playing the last ACC game for Martin. We just need to throw strikes and if they hit it so be it. Treat it as extended practice.
Ncsu67
We just got mercy ruled....
CLTWolf
Ncsu67 said:

And we get to play tomorrow for a chance at the championship. Who cares about tonight.
TheCapper
CLTWolf said:

Ncsu67 said:

And we get to play tomorrow for a chance at the championship. Who cares about tonight.

Exactly...mercy rule is great. We get to bed hour earlier, save arms, avoid injury.
Ncsu67
Hopefully, our guys will shake this off.
wolfpack1437
I posted this on TOS but will post here too. Supposedly it takes some luck to win a championship-- we were lucky we didn't have to face that pitcher with a semifinal berth on the line. Let's take advantage and get it done tomorrow and Sun
CLTWolf
Ncsu67 said:

What's there to shake off? I mean maybe Barger and Bienlien got their feelings hurt but I'm willing to bet everyone else has their minds on Saturday. I think only one of the pitchers tonight has thrown an official pitch in a game this month.
I think Ga Tech's staff is stretched pretty thin right now. They've had some injuries over the course of the season.

After some research I have to wonder if they'll have All ACC P Xzavion Curry available from injury. He hasn't thrown in almost a month though. Don't know what his injury was/is.
Pack87
Need a new tourney format. Give 4 teams a bye let the other 8 play and just do a basketball tourney format. 5-12 have to win 4 games Top 4 seeds can win it with 3 straight. Every game counts!
Struttingwolf96
I agree, do not like this new pool play tournament. Just go back to the old days & stop trying to look so fancy. It's simple, but yet some make it complicated.
EthanBarry
Staff
CLTWolf said:

Ncsu67 said:

What's there to shake off? I mean maybe Barger and Bienlien got their feelings hurt but I'm willing to bet everyone else has their minds on Saturday. I think only one of the pitchers tonight has thrown an official pitch in a game this month.
I think Ga Tech's staff is stretched pretty thin right now. They've had some injuries over the course of the season.

After some research I have to wonder if they'll have All ACC P Xzavion Curry available from injury. He hasn't thrown in almost a month though. Don't know what his injury was/is.
Yeah doesn't seem like Curry will pitch. Cort Roedig is probably starting. 39 innings, 39 k's. 19 walks, 8 bombs, 5.67 ERA. The good news? Their bullpen is probably worse, especially if Tristin English isn't available. And something else to keep in mind: the only team GT swept this year was Western Carolina.

My concern is how does State respond emotionally
Pack31
Struttingwolf96 said:

I agree, do not like this new pool play tournament. Just go back to the old days & stop trying to look so fancy. It's simple, but yet some make it complicated.

Pretty sure it was set up like this to keep teams from burning out playing 3-4 games then right to the ncaas. Not fancy intentions I don't believe
PossumJenkins
It's not basketball...you would almost be guaranteeing the 4 top teams would be your semi finalists because they would have a massive advantage in pitching by playing 1 less game. The four teams that are likely to have the best pitching any way because they are their top four seeds.
Pakbackr
FSU game was embarrassing. I know it didn't matter, but offense is a complete no show. Evan under the circumstances, I expected better showing by the Pack.
WarrenPeace
Have no fear boys. Mr Positivity will be at the game tonight to pull us through. You're welcome.
TheCapper
Pakbackr said:

FSU game was embarrassing. I know it didn't matter, but offense is a complete no show. Evan under the circumstances, I expected better showing by the Pack.

You can tell guys to play like the game matters all you want, but they know the deal.

FSU pitched their best starter in a game they wanted to send retiring Martin on a high note. We used two relievers and told them go eat up 7 innings.
Pack87
PossumJenkins said:

It's not basketball...you would almost be guaranteeing the 4 top teams would be your semi finalists because they would have a massive advantage in pitching by playing 1 less game. The four teams that are likely to have the best pitching any way because they are their top four seeds.
Basketball makes the lower seeds play up to 5 games. One less game if you are Top 4 seems a reasonable reward. In a single elimination tournament I almost guarantee there would be very few years the Top 4 all advance. Louisville dropped 2 in a row as the one seed.

Also how is it fair that BC hasn't had to play since Wednesday at lunch and we played late games the last two nights. Nobody should play 2 until everyone has played one.
Gost8
Has the home and visiting teams been announced for this evenings game?
CLTWolf
Gost8 said:

Has the home and visiting teams been announced for this evenings game?

Higher seed is the home team so that's Ga Tech. If we win we'll be the home team tomorrow as the highest seed remaining.
PossumJenkins
Pack87 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Basketball makes the lower seeds play up to 5 games. One less game if you are Top 4 seems a reasonable reward. In a single elimination tournament I almost guarantee there would be very few years the Top 4 all advance. Louisville dropped 2 in a row as the one seed.

Also how is it fair that BC hasn't had to play since Wednesday at lunch and we played late games the last two nights. Nobody should play 2 until everyone has played one.

I said almost guaranteed...what I'm still saying is you can't compare it to basketball. Pitcher is one of if not the most important position or the position that can have the single most affect. See FSU's guy last night. In basketball, after the lower seed plays their first game, they don't make them play without their PG in game 2. It's just not an apples to apples comparison is all I'm saying.
wilmwolf
Last night was the equivalent of a football game where one team is playing tag and the other is playing tackle. I think the announcers have been instructed not to call the game meaningless, though Durham almost slipped up and said it once early on, but even the way they presented the game showed that no one cared.
Wolfer79

Friday, May 24
No. 7 Duke vs. No. 2 Georgia Tech
Yellow Jackets 5-4

No. 5 North Carolina vs. No. 4 Miami
Tar Heels 7-5 (11 innings)

No. 6 Florida State vs. No. 3 NC State
Seminoles 11-0 ( 7 innings)

Pool A
1. Louisville 0-2
8. Clemson 1-1
12. Boston College 2-0, clinched pool

Pool B
2. Georgia Tech 2-0
7.Duke 1-1
11. Notre Dame 0-2

Pool C
3. NC State 1-1, clinched pool
6. Florida State 1-1
10. Wake Forest 1-1

Pool D
4. Miami 1-1
5. unc-ch 2-0
9. Virginia 0-2

Saturday
1pm
Boston College vs unc-ch 1pm
unc-ch won regular season series 3-0

NC State vs Georgia Tech 5pm
teams did not play in regular season
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
grandpack1
I agree with Pack 87. Last night was stupid and put us in a huge disadvantage because we played late last night. I think the 2nd and third seeds in each pool should play and the 1 seed should play the winner. That is essentially the way each pool is decided now anyway except they play a meaningless game.

And no the 1 seed would not automatically win more than they do now. If you think that, you just do not understand what is happening. The 1 seed can lose to the loser of the first game every time and it makes no difference.
ciscopack
Pack87 said:

PossumJenkins said:

Nuts is what Barney Fife would say
Wolfer79
Pack31
Question. And I hope I don't jinx us.

I bought 2 tix Thursday night to the championship game Tom bc I can't go tonight and they were cheap at the time. I also bought 2 more yesterday morning

Both sets r sec 104. 2 say row G, seats 7 and 8. Other 2 are row H, seats W7 and C8, general admission. So is part of that section GA and the other assigned seats? Thx in advance. Figured someone's been in lew of calling the dbap.
Struttingwolf96
unc-cheat up 3-1 on BC in the bottom of 3rd with no outs & bases loaded. Man I swear if unc wins another ACC Championship this year that's gonna suck for Avent who has never won anything at State. I would have traded being swept in crapel hill for winning the tourney or unc NOT winning it. The Pack have to win this thing this year, come on. I pray the tar holes don't. Gonna make Avent look even worse as a coach that can't win the big one.
WarrenPeace
State/Carolina would be a lot of fun tomorrow but we got to get there first. Maybe tomorrow will be the day we actually beat them when it counts!
edb5s
But like, he's not even good at trolling.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.