CNN says InfoWars and "conspiracy theories" should be banned from the internet

42,350 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Werewolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GuerrillaPack
Alex Jones is just the first major target of the Left. If they can get away with banning him from most sites, the floodgates will open and they will begin censoring a vast number of conservative and alternative media voices.

Next they will be coming after hundreds/thousands of other prominent conservative, libertarian, and even anti-establishment left-wing YouTubers, Twitter and Facebook users, bloggers, and news outlets -- such as Paul Joseph Watson, Mike Cernovich, Lauren Southern, Candace Owens, Breitbart News, etc.

First they censored white nationalists. But I wasn't a white nationalist, so I didn't care.
Next they censored Alex Jones. But I wasn't a "conspiracy theorist", so I didn't care.
Then they censored Trump supporters. But I didn't support Trump, so I didn't care.
Then they censored climate change deniers, those who oppose illegal immigration, those who oppose the homosexual/transgender agenda, and those who oppose feminism.
Then...only those who toe the line with the Leftist/Establishment agenda can speak.

Here is Vox pushing for vast censorship of "extremist" right-wing and "conspiracy theorists" on YouTube:

Wolfer79
PackBacker07
I'm not going to debate the First Amendment here, but I will chime in and say Alex Jones is one of the worst people on the face of this earth. I'm glad some folks are coming around to this.
GuerrillaPack
PackBacker07 said:

I'm not going to debate the First Amendment here, but I will chime in and say Alex Jones is one of the worst people on the face of this earth. I'm glad some folks are coming around to this.
Why do you believe Alex Jones is so bad?
GuerrillaPack
Laura Ingraham covers the purge of Alex Jones and the mass censorship of conservatives by Facebook and other Big Tech companies:

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Conservative talk host trying to silence someone, guess it is not just liberals that try to silence people they do not agree with on topics

GuerrillaPack
The commie Lamestream media does not think Alex Jones has been censored enough.

They are still foaming-at-the-mouth, now focusing on having him banned from Twitter as well.

CNN: "Twitter says Infowars hasn't 'violated our rules.' It looks like that's not the case"

Here is a disgusting Chicago Tribune article smearing Alex Jones and his listeners as "white supremacists" -- which is completely false, as Alex Jones is an anti-racist that is in favor of multiculturalism, which I know first hand having listened to his show for years. This is just all the Left knows how to do -- play the Race Card.

The article goes on to defend the recent racist tweets by Sarah Jeong (now of the New York Times) against white people, and to demonize white men, saying that "minorities and women" are justified to discriminate against white men because of all the "historical persecution by white men against others".
BP Cox
Staff
Wolfer79 said:

Conservative talk host trying to silence someone, guess it is not just liberals that try to silence people they do not agree with on topics

With all due respect she's not closing down his social media accounts. Bad comparison.

I think this gets back to the ultimate goal of trying to take down talk radio...the one area that the right actually has a free platform to speak.

And yet some will cheer this...which is seriously political fascism at its finest form.

Free speech includes the freedom to ignore people you don't care to hear the opinions of. More people need to learn how to do this instead of being "offended" at every turn in their daily lives. Offended culture status is political correctness on steroids.
Wolfer79
BP Cox said:

Wolfer79 said:

With all due respect she's not closing down his social media accounts. Bad comparison.

I think this gets back to the ultimate goal of trying to take down talk radio...the one area that the right actually has a free platform to speak.

And yet some will cheer this...which is seriously political fascism at its finest form.

Free speech includes the freedom to ignore people you don't care to hear the opinions of. More people need to learn how to do this instead of being "offended" at every turn in their daily lives. Offended culture status is political correctness on steroids.

Thank you
I was thinking this morning on walk, has radio been replaced by podcasts?
Wolfer79
BP Cox said:

Wolfer79 said:

I wish more people would ignore,instead each side has decided the other side has no right to exist and we end up with childish name calling that all liberals/progressives are Communists and all conservatives are Nazis.
GuerrillaPack
BP Cox said:

100% correct with the comparison to talk radio. This is all about political power. The Left just wants to shut down their competition. And the internet, where real freedom of speech exists (unlike Leftist-controlled press, television, and Hollywood), is where the right has the platform to speak, and as a result is now making gains in the culture war and politically.

Here is an excellent video on the whole situation, that brings up a number of very good points, including:

1. The Left hysterically argued that a few Russian bots supposedly "undermined our democracy" by allegedly promoting a few stories in the media. Yet, the Left cheers the draconian censorship of a vast number of conservatives on social media platforms. Isn't this a REAL case of attempting to "undermine our democracy" by trying to shut down the political speech of the conservative/right side?

2. The premise of a democratic form of government is that the average person is smart enough to analyze a ton of information and make intelligent decisions on how to govern our nation. Yet, the Left and Establishment are making the argument that the opinions of the "conspiracy theorists" and conservatives are too "dangerous" to allow the public to even hear these arguments. They argue that the masses must be told how to think and vote by the Left/Establishment, and not be allowed to even consider alternative viewpoints.

3. The Left uses "hate speech" as the excuse to censor conservatives. But "hate speech" IS protected by the First Amendment. Furthermore, it is a subjective standard and it is enforced with a huge double standard. The Left hates Christians, conservatives, and white people. But they do not censor Leftists on these platforms when they espouse their hatred against Christians, conservatives, and white people. For example, Twitter does not censor prominent Leftist actors/etc when they openly call for Trump to be assassinated, or the thousands of tweets espousing hatred of white people (such as those by Sarah Jeong of the New York Times). And conservatives are censored for "Islamophobia", but Leftists openly espouse their hatred of Christianity without being censored.

GuerrillaPack
Stefan Molyneux defends Alex Jones:

Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack said:

BP Cox said:

100% correct with the comparison to talk radio. This is all about political power. The Left just wants to shut down their competition. And the internet, where real freedom of speech exists (unlike Leftist-controlled press, television, and Hollywood), is where the right has the platform to speak, and as a result is now making gains in the culture war and politically.

Here is an excellent video on the whole situation, that brings up a number of very good points, including:

1. The Left hysterically argued that a few Russian bots supposedly "undermined our democracy" by allegedly promoting a few stories in the media. Yet, the Left cheers the draconian censorship of a vast number of conservatives on social media platforms. Isn't this a REAL case of attempting to "undermine our democracy" by trying to shut down the political speech of the conservative/right side?

2. The premise of a democratic form of government is that the average person is smart enough to analyze a ton of information and make intelligent decisions on how to govern our nation. Yet, the Left and Establishment are making the argument that the opinions of the "conspiracy theorists" and conservatives are too "dangerous" to allow the public to even hear these arguments. They argue that the masses must be told how to think and vote by the Left/Establishment, and not be allowed to even consider alternative viewpoints.

3. The Left uses "hate speech" as the excuse to censor conservatives. But "hate speech" IS protected by the First Amendment. Furthermore, it is a subjective standard and it is enforced with a huge double standard. The Left hates Christians, conservatives, and white people. But they do not censor Leftists on these platforms when they espouse their hatred against Christians, conservatives, and white people. For example, Twitter does not censor prominent Leftist actors/etc when they openly call for Trump to be assassinated, or the thousands of tweets espousing hatred of white people (such as those by Sarah Jeong of the New York Times). And conservatives are censored for "Islamophobia", but Leftists openly espouse their hatred of Christianity without being censored.

Not all Christians are conservatives. To say the Left hates Christians is not true.

To say some on the Left and some on the Right hate Christians is true.

To say some on the Left and some on the Right have displayed behavior that is not Christian is true, as it is also true some on the Left and some on the Right have displayed behavior that is Christian.
Wolfer79
Saying the Left hates Christians is a much of a false statement as saying the Right cares about unborn children but are ok with children being shot while in school.
GuerrillaPack
Jordan Peterson joins Steven Crowder to discuss Alex Jones/InfoWars being banned from various social media/tech sites and how it relates to the free speech issue:

For those who don't know Crowder, he's wearing a fake mustache and pretending to be a hippie leftist in the interview.
GuerrillaPack
Joe Rogan and Jimmy Dore talk about Alex Jones from Infowars being deplatformed

GuerrillaPack
Vimeo just banned Alex Jones as well:

GuerrillaPack
To my surprise, The Washington Times comes to the defense of Alex Jones:

packgrad
Wolfer79 said:

Saying the Left hates Christians is a much of a false statement as saying the Right cares about unborn children but are ok with children being shot while in school.
This explains a lot.
GuerrillaPack
So Lester Holt of NBC interviewed Jack Dorsey of Twitter a few days ago, and falsely accused Jones of "calling for violence against the mainstream media".

On the basis of these lies, Twitter then locked Alex's account for a week.

They are intentionally misrepresenting what Alex Jones actually said, by distorting what Alex actually said and taking quotes out of context, as Alex explains in the video here:

https://www.infowars.com/alex-jones-its-a-blatant-lie-im-calling-for-violence-its-a-hoax/

By the way, Mark Zuckerberg personally ordered the ban of InfoWars on Facebook, and Apple CEO Tim Cook personally made the decision to ban certain InfoWars podcasts from iTunes and Apple Podcasts. And all of these bans are happening at the same time. More evidence that this was all a coordinated attack against Jones by Big Tech.
Wolfer79
GuerrillaPack said:

By the way, Mark Zuckerberg personally ordered the ban of InfoWars on Facebook.

All I can picture is Zuckerberg dressed like Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men"

Did you order the Code Red?

Your darn right I did.
PackBacker07
Checking back in here and Wolfer is bringing the heat. To no one's surprise, it's going unnoticed.
Y'all means ALL.
GuerrillaPack
Tucker Carlson is back from vacation, and covers the censorship of Alex Jones and plans by the Left to censor all conservatives and anti-Establishment voices on the internet. See opening segment of the show:

GuerrillaPack
Trump responds to the massive censorship of conservatives by Big Tech:

Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

I hope you're a parody poster.

Why is he "so bad"? Because he preys on gullible, less intelligent, desperate, and uneducated to either make himself rich or make himself feel important. OKC bombing, 9/11, vaccines, staged moon landings, NWO, etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/08/16/alex-jones-top-10-health-claims-and-why-they-are-wrong/#68b5935f3e7f

https://www.infowars.com/fbi-says-no-one-killed-at-sandy-hook/

https://www.infowars.com/proof-the-okc-bombing-was-an-inside-job/

He's either a complete loon or a moderate loon that's completely opportunistic and has made himself rich peddling this tribal, pseudo-anti-establishment tripe. Either way, pushing these conspiracy theories has direct and extremely significant negative effects on American health and culture.

No one that's a reasonably critical thinker denies that he's a loon. The only question is what to do about it.
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

PackBacker07 said:

I hope you're a parody poster.

Why is he "so bad"? Because he preys on gullible, less intelligent, desperate, and uneducated to either make himself rich or make himself feel important. OKC bombing, 9/11, vaccines, staged moon landings, NWO, etc.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/08/16/alex-jones-top-10-health-claims-and-why-they-are-wrong/#68b5935f3e7f

https://www.infowars.com/fbi-says-no-one-killed-at-sandy-hook/

https://www.infowars.com/proof-the-okc-bombing-was-an-inside-job/

He's either a complete loon or a moderate loon that's completely opportunistic and has made himself rich peddling this tribal, pseudo-anti-establishment tripe. Either way, pushing these conspiracy theories has direct and extremely significant negative effects on American health and culture.

No one that's a reasonably critical thinker denies that he's a loon. The only question is what to do about it.
I'm not a parody. Everything I'm posting in these forums is what I believe. Is it really that hard to believe that someone supports Alex Jones when he is one of the most popular media figures in the nation, and was one of the top media figures who backed Trump and helped him get elected?

I disagree with Alex Jones on a few important issues, but have found that ~98% of what he says is completely accurate, and backed up by evidence. His positions are only "shocking" because they so drastically differ from the narratives force fed by the Establishment media. But it is actually the Establishment media that cannot be trusted, and who has deceived the public over and over on issues of great importance -- eg: 2003 Iraq War, arming of ISIS in Syria, JFK assassination, and many other examples.

The only way someone can call Alex Jones a "loon" is if they trust the government/Establishment on all these issues, and have not truly investigated and considered alternative viewpoints. If someone actually looks into the arguments for Jones' positions, they will find that there is abundant evidence supporting them.

As an example, I will show you evidence from one of the issues you mentioned -- the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. Are you aware that there were bombs that exploded inside the building? Eyewitnesses (and even seismographs) testified/recorded that there was more than one explosion that caused the building to collapse. And local news channels in Oklahoma City had multiple reports of unexploded bombs being removed from inside the building! Explosive experts analyzed the bombing, and have shown that there is no way an ANFO truck bomb located across the street could have caused the damage. There had to be explosives placed on structural support columns in order to cause that damage.

Here is a short video with Oklahoma City local news channels giving many reports of the multiple explosions and unexploded bombs removed from inside the building:

Now...if you are going to seriously argue against Alex Jones, you need to address substantive evidence such as this. Calling him a "loon" 4 times is not a valid argument. It's smear tactics.
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

I'm not a parody. Everything I'm posting in these forums is what I believe. Is it really that hard to believe that someone supports Alex Jones when he is one of the most popular media figures in the nation, and was one of the top media figures who backed Trump and helped him get elected?

I disagree with Alex Jones on a few important issues, but have found that ~98% of what he says is completely accurate, and backed up by evidence. His positions are only "shocking" because they so drastically differ from the narratives force fed by the Establishment media. But it is actually the Establishment media that cannot be trusted, and who has deceived the public over and over on issues of great importance -- eg: 2003 Iraq War, arming of ISIS in Syria, JFK assassination, and many other examples.

The only way someone can call Alex Jones a "loon" is if they trust the government/Establishment on all these issues, and have not truly investigated and considered alternative viewpoints. If someone actually looks into the arguments for Jones' positions, they will find that there is abundant evidence supporting them.

As an example, I will show you evidence from one of the issues you mentioned -- the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. Are you aware that there were bombs that exploded inside the building? Eyewitnesses (and even seismographs) recorded that there were more than one explosion that caused the building to collapse. And local news channels in Oklahoma City had multiple reports of unexploded bombs being removed from inside the building! Bomb experts analyzed the bombing, and have shown that there is no way an ANFO truck bomb located across the street could have caused the damage. There had to be explosives placed on structural support columns in order to cause that damage.

Here is a short video with Oklahoma City local news channels giving many reports of the multiple explosions and unexploded bombs removed from inside the building:

Now...if you are going to seriously argue against Alex Jones, you need to address substantive evidence such as this. Calling him names such as "loon" is not a valid argument. It's smear tactics.

How many of the following do you NOT side with Alex Jones on:

The government is employing weather weapons
The government is using chemicals to turn people and frogs gay
The fluoride in drinking water is making people dumb
The life-ruining Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine is being pushed on young women around the world
Bill Gates' philanthropic work is part of a mass eugenics effort
The government created the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) epidemic
Government climate change data is fabricated
Vaccines cause autism and this has been covered up by the government, and the pharmaceutical industry
The Sandy Hook shooting was staged to promote gun control
9/11 was an inside job by the U.S. government as a pretext for going to war
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

The life-ruining Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine is being pushed on young women around the world
Vaccines cause autism and this has been covered up by the government, and the pharmaceutical industry
I agree with essentially all of those points, more or less. Although I might phrase some of the statements slightly differently -- for example, it's not the "government" using chemicals to turn frogs gay. But this is actually occurring.

And I could cite a massive amount of evidence to prove the point on all of those issues-- which is readily available. But that would obviously take a lot of time.

So I'll just address one of the issues you brought up -- the chemicals turning frogs gay. Do you think Alex Jones just "dreamed that up" out of nowhere? No, he's simply citing scientific studies.

Here:

UC Berkely News: "Pesticide atrazine can turn male frogs into females"

US National Library of Medicine: "Atrazine induces complete feminization and chemical castration in male African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis)"

Amphibious
I think it is pretty clear that Guerilla was NorthWolf on PP. lol
GuerrillaPack
Amphibious said:

I think it is pretty clear that Guerilla was NorthWolf on PP. lol
No. No idea who you are talking about.
NatePait94
I enjoy reading this stuff
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
GuerrillaPack
Civilized said:

Let's address the issue of fluoride.

Here is a Harvard study from 2012 that Alex Jones routinely cites. It says that even slight exposure to fluoride is toxic, and that fluoride can lower IQ from around 7-15 points, and they recommend that more study be done to determine it's negative impact on children's cognitive development.

Harvard School of Public Health: "Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children"

Quote:

"In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride's impact on the developing brain is warranted.

[...]

The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas."
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

Civilized said:

Let's address issue of fluoride.

Here is a Harvard study that Alex Jones routinely cites. It says that even slight exposure to fluoride is toxic, and that fluoride can lower IQ from around 7-15 points, and they recommend that more study be done to determine it's negative impact on children's cognitive development.

Harvard School of Public Health: "Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children"

Quote:

"In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride's impact on the developing brain is warranted.

[...]

The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas."

This is what conspiracy theorists do though - they take a theory that has some kernel of truth, embellish it, ascribe nefarious and malicious intent to it, and wrap it into the guise of some covert, powerful, elite establishment puppeteer using it as a means to get one over on the unwashed masses for their own gain.

Fluoride is simply an example of a chemical with some benefits also having side effects.

Frogs' hormones are extremely sensitive to environmental pollutants. Some of those pollutants impact their sex hormones.

These things are not news.

They cross the line into lunacy when it's suggested that the government secretly orchestrates these things for nefarious purposes.

And those are probably the two least-crazy theories. 9/11? Sandy Hook? Mass Eugenics? Weaponizing HIV? It's all lunacy peddled to suggestive government skeptics.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.