The Masters

14,906 Views | 254 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Like him or not, Tiger being in the thick of things makes any tournament that much more special. For me, the energy level feels different when he's on the leader board…
the impact is indescribable. Two of my sons are huge Tiger fans...they've been talking about this all week. He is one of the very few athletes from any sport who transcends and will bring in folks who are not fans of the sport to watch.

I think his injuries, and his involvement with his son (now he's a man, not a machine) will make him even more legendary. I've become a fan, and never was before.

I rode the love hate relationship with Tiger. When everyone was Tiger this, Tiger that, I wanted to see him lose. After his first problem with his divorce, everyone (well a lot of people) were happy to see him fall off his pedestal because of the Infidelity's. That's when I got on his bandwagon because I wanted to see him rebound in his life.

as I heard this week

Tiger does not move the needle in pro golf tv viewing, he is the needle
gtman49
Whitetailpack said:

Should be an interesting day for sure. I think today is more about survival than anything else. It's going to be really windy today. Definitely going to have to create some shots and be shotmaker today. No better at that than Tiger Woods.
See if he still has that stinger 2 iron in the bag.
Steve Videtich
gtman49 said:

Whitetailpack said:

Should be an interesting day for sure. I think today is more about survival than anything else. It's going to be really windy today. Definitely going to have to create some shots and be shotmaker today. No better at that than Tiger Woods.

He hit one yesterday that looked like the stinger. It'll be interesting to see how he feels today.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

gtman49 said:

Whitetailpack said:

He hit one yesterday that looked like the stinger. It'll be interesting to see how he feels today.
agreed with this -- it was amazing he held up so well late yesterday....but does his body recover for today. If it does....the dude is superhuman (physically and mentally)
TheStorm
Yep. Never had a love / hate relationship with Tiger.

He was the phenom that I read about in the N&O at the fraternity house everytime he'd win a major junior tournament... three US Amateurs including that incredible comeback against Steve Scott on TV for the last one... then with my wife at a local restaurant / bar, watching him shoot 30 on the back nine at Augusta in his first round there as a professional.

Have always pulled for him. He was a legend before I ever saw him play the 1st time. I think he's done a fairly decent job of living up to the hype, I suppose...
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

He was the phenom that I read about in the N&O at the fraternity house everytime he'd win a major junior tournament... three US Amateurs including that incredible comeback against Steve Scott on TV for the last one... then with my wife at a local restaurant / bar, watching him shoot 30 on the back nine at Augusta in his first round there as a professional.

Have always pulled for him. He was a legend before I ever saw him play the 1st time. I think he's done a fairly decent job of living up to the hype, I suppose...
For the bold part -- perhaps moreso than any other athlete of our time?
bgr3
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

For the bold part -- perhaps moreso than any other athlete of our time?

Honestly, if you look at the stretch of 97-08, I dont see how anyone could've realisticly predicted him being as dominate as he was.. You could argue he didn't get to Jack I guess, but that stretch was as dominate a stretch of golf that has ever been (I'm a Hogan fan but his dominant stretch just wasn't as long or against anywhere near the same level of competition).

That 10 year stretch by Tiger is like UCLA's 7 straight NCAAs, a feat that will never come close to being topped, IMO.
SexualChocolate

Wolfer79
2 leaders in clubhouse at -3
mother nature taking over
Steve Videtich
That's awesome compared to most events these days!
Steve Videtich
Wolfer79 said:

2 leaders in clubhouse at -3
mother nature taking over

The wind is kicking in big time. Hoping Tiger can get it back to even.
Bell Tower Grey
Watching him after his drive on 14, you could see by the look on his face that he is in some pain.
caryking
Both the egg salad and pimento cheese sandwiches are damn good. I think they have been 1.50 for 30 years…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
Bell Tower Grey said:

Watching him after his drive on 14, you could see by the look on his face that he is in some pain.

I think he's definitely feeling some pain. But it seems like the first 3-4 holes are his warmup. If he can get to even for the day...weekend could be interesting.
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Videtich said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

I think he's definitely feeling some pain. But it seems like the first 3-4 holes are his warmup. If he can get to even for the day...weekend could be interesting.
Hope he does. Would like to see him in the mix, if for nothing more than to make those ahead of him just know he's there.....I think he can still get into their heads. The fact that he's playing in Augusta right now at all has to give them pause.
DrummerboyWolf
SexualChocolate said:

When I was there in 2008 they had Lance Toastchee crackers but they had a Master's logo on them also. I think they were under a dollar then. Prices have not changed much in 14 years. Now their concessions are very inexpensive with good quality. They make their money off of the merchandise tents they have set up.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfer79
Golf
Men's
The Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA
3rd Round
Featured Groups Masters Live/ESPN+/CBSSports.com, 10:15 a.m.
Holes 4, 5 and 6 Masters Live/ESPN+, 10:30 a.m.
Amen Corner Masters Live/ESPN+/CBSSports.com, 11:45 a.m.
Holes 15 & 16 Masters Live/ESPN+/CBSSports.com, 12:30 p.m.
Main Feed CBS, 3 p.m.
Live From The Masters Golf Channel, 9 a.m.
Masters on the Range CBS Sports Network, 11 a.m.
The Masters: Moving Day CBS, 1:30 p.m.
The Masters: Jack and Gary CBS, 2 p.m.
Live From The Masters Golf Channel, 7 p.m.
3rd Round Replay CBS Sports Network, 8 p.m.
ShaggyWolf
Really excited about Tiger and Kiz being paired
Wolfer79
Saturday at #TheMasters

Featured Groups on @ESPNPlus:
10:30a ET | Viktor Hovland, Min Woo Lee
11:30a ET | Tony Finau, Cameron Champ
1p ET | Tiger Woods, Kevin Kisner
2p ET | Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris
2:50p ET | Scottie Scheffler, Charl Schwartzel

Wolfer79
SexualChocolate
Think it's going to be a tough scoring day today. Some of the -3 players are going to have to take some chances to catch Scheffler.
Steve Videtich
SexualChocolate said:

Think it's going to be a tough scoring day today. Some of the -3 players are going to have to take some chances to catch Scheffler.

Scheffler would have to take a big step back today to get everyone back into involved. He's swinging with no fear right now, lots of confidence. We'll see if anyone can make an early charge. How will the cooler weather affect Tiger as well? Ready to watch!
wilmwolf
Finau out there dressed like an ice cream cone.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
DrummerboyWolf
Temperature is 51 right now and with the wind it feels like 47 degrees. Ball will not go far at all today. Probably a lot of laying up on the par 5's. 2 or 3 guys on the course are -2 for their rounds, but they are only 3 or 4 holes in. Most everybody else on the course is over par.
DrummerboyWolf
On the Live feed from the Masters they just said it was 48 degrees and Bill Kratzert was saying the wind was a steady 12-14 mph and it's cold.
Bell Tower Grey
DrummerboyWolf said:

On the Live feed from the Masters they just said it was 48 degrees and Bill Kratzert was saying the wind was a steady 12-14 mph and it's cold.
Kizner put his toboggan on. Can't say I blame him. I'd have my thermal draws on as well.
DrummerboyWolf
Woods bogey the first with a 3 putt then birdied #2. Just missed chipping in for an eagle as it just skimmed the edge of the hole.

Boy if you don't hit it flush it's going to sting with the weather.
Bell Tower Grey
wilmwolf80 said:

Finau out there dressed like an ice cream cone.
He just needs those pink and white pants today that Hovland was wearing on Thursday or Friday.
Steve Videtich
Tiger about to fall apart or go on a tear!
DrummerboyWolf
Steve Videtich said:

Tiger about to fall apart or go on a tear!
Nobody is doing great. Mark Leishman was the only one at minus 2 for the day. Maybe 10-15 at -1 but most guys are over par.
DrummerboyWolf
Tiger does look like he is limping more than he had been.
Packchem91
Lowry playing well - this cool windy weather is made for him

barnburner
DrummerboyWolf said:

Tiger does look like he is limping more than he had been.

I hope he is not doing more damage to himself
Bell Tower Grey
Packchem91 said:

I would not be surprised at all to see him win it. I hope he's paired with Scheffler on Sunday. That will be a fun group to watch.
Packchem91
Bell Tower Grey said:

Packchem91 said:

I would not be surprised at all to see him win it. I hope he's paired with Scheffler on Sunday. That will be a fun group to watch.

He or Cam Smith would be good by me with Scheffler. Just no more Charl!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.