Ricky Logo fired at Washington State

25,183 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by caryking
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

How is it political? Probably because the CDC had completely failed and become a political organization. They are but an arm of the Democrat party now.

LOLOL

Being overly conservative on masks is pure political theater, but manipulating scientists' reports to support your political agenda is kosher?

What party were they an arm of when they were being manipulated by the previous administration?

CNBC: Trump officials bragged about pressuring CDC to alter Covid reports, emails reveal

"Congressional investigators released emails and documents Friday that show Department of Health and Human Services appointees under former President Donald Trump regularly bragged about their efforts to alter staff scientists' reports on the coronavirus.

Officials tried to rewrite the weekly scientific reports so Trump could use the data to support his political positions on wearing masks and reopening the economy, according to the emails released Friday by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus."

LOLOL. Now officials don't have to pressure the CDC at all. They just work hand in hand to drive unscientific narratives.

To what end? What possible/useful purpose would that serve for anyone? It certainly doesn't help the incumbent party as a fully open society would mean jobs( elections are generally about the economy and/or safety) and in theory higher ratings for the president and the Democratic Party. I don't buy the theory that "hmmm- let's keep up the masking guidance for school children even though we know it doesn't work- just to piss people off. That should give us a big bump in the polls". I mean c'mon man.
Because they're no good at disease control, and they found out that they're better at people control?
Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

How is it political? Probably because the CDC had completely failed and become a political organization. They are but an arm of the Democrat party now.

LOLOL

Being overly conservative on masks is pure political theater, but manipulating scientists' reports to support your political agenda is kosher?

What party were they an arm of when they were being manipulated by the previous administration?

CNBC: Trump officials bragged about pressuring CDC to alter Covid reports, emails reveal

"Congressional investigators released emails and documents Friday that show Department of Health and Human Services appointees under former President Donald Trump regularly bragged about their efforts to alter staff scientists' reports on the coronavirus.

Officials tried to rewrite the weekly scientific reports so Trump could use the data to support his political positions on wearing masks and reopening the economy, according to the emails released Friday by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus."

LOLOL. Now officials don't have to pressure the CDC at all. They just work hand in hand to drive unscientific narratives.

To what end? What possible/useful purpose would that serve for anyone? It certainly doesn't help the incumbent party as a fully open society would mean jobs( elections are generally about the economy and/or safety) and in theory higher ratings for the president and the Democratic Party. I don't buy the theory that "hmmm- let's keep up the masking guidance for school children even though we know it doesn't work- just to piss people off. That should give us a big bump in the polls". I mean c'mon man.
Because they're no good at disease control, and they found out that they're better at people control?

Like Wufhart said, "people control" for its own sake is a losing electoral strategy and politicians aren't in the business of doing things against their own self-interests.
Civilized
packgrad said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Good for him! Hope he tears them a new one.

https://www.cougcenter.com/2021/10/20/22736594/nick-rolovich-fired-lawsuit-wsu-cougars-pat-chun

You knew this was coming.

Rolovich wasn't 'sacrificing' his salary; his endgame was always to take a stand and get his money too, via litigation.

You know both sides had their attorneys tell them that their position was legally defensible leading up to this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

My money is on a settlement rather than a drawn out legal battle.

Civ pulls out his crystal ball and tells us exactly what Rolovich's end was! Civ, you handing around Stevie Nicks too much with your crystal ball!

Funny that's the angle he takes on this. Rolovich's endgame wasn't to coach the team and continue the season. It was to get fired and sue the school. Zzzzzzzz.

Rolovich had the opportunity to coach the team and continue the season.

He opted to violate the state's mandate without a halfway decent medical or religious reason, get terminated, and sue the school instead.

He ain't the COVID William Wallace y'all think he is.

As a related aside, he's either unmarried or has a different gig with his wife than I do. If I was pulling down 3 mil a year and a condition of my continued employment was that I take a vaccine that would protect me, my family, those I came into contact with for work from getting seriously ill or dying, and that had already been safely administered 3.x billion times and I told my wife "Baby, I know this vaccine works awesome and is safe but I'm not gonna do it. I'ma take a stand against tyranny instead" I better prepare myself for two lawsuits, not just one.
statefan91
Bell Tower Grey said:

https://www.cougcenter.com/2021/10/20/22736594/nick-rolovich-fired-lawsuit-wsu-cougars-pat-chun
It doesn't seem like there's much traction at this point, 42 lawsuits challenging it have already been denied:

https://mynorthwest.com/3189717/judge-denies-request-to-halt-washington-state-worker-vaccine-mandate/
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Rolovich wasn't 'sacrificing' his salary; his endgame was always to take a stand and get his money too, via litigation.

You know both sides had their attorneys tell them that their position was legally defensible leading up to this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Civ pulls out his crystal ball and tells us exactly what Rolovich's end was! Civ, you handing around Stevie Nicks too much with your crystal ball!

Funny that's the angle he takes on this. Rolovich's endgame wasn't to coach the team and continue the season. It was to get fired and sue the school. Zzzzzzzz.

He opted to violate the state's mandate without a halfway decent medical or religious reason, get terminated, and sue the school instead.

As a related aside, he's either unmarried or has a different gig with his wife than I do. If I was pulling down 3 mil a year and a condition of my continued employment was that I take a vaccine that would protect me, my family, those I came into contact with for work from getting seriously ill or dying, and that had already been safely administered 3.x billion times and I told my wife "Baby, I know this vaccine works awesome and is safe but I'm not gonna do it. I'ma take a stand against tyranny instead" I better prepare myself for two lawsuits, not just one.

He had a religious reason. Because he's Catholic and you're a partisan hack, you say it's not a valid reason without knowing anything about it. He didn't violate the state mandate. He did not take the job with the requirement that he receive arbitrary vaccinations as determined by radical leftists. He did not comply with the mandate.

He is a hell of a lot more a Covid William Wallace than most are. I think it's hilarious you said he didn't sacrifice. You are so blinded by partisanship you think getting fired is not a sacrifice. Regardless if he knew he was going to sue. It is a sacrifice. They wouldn't even let him say goodbye to his team. But he didn't sacrifice.

And to your last point. It's obvious he has a different "gig" than you do. Cool story though. Sorry your wife doesn't support your religious convictions.
Ripper
LOL. The debunked Bangladesh mask study makes another appearance. It is mind boggling that people still latch on to that falsehood.
Werewolf
https://www.kusi.com/more-vaccinated-people-tested-positive-for-covid-19-than-unvaccinated-in-san-diego-county/
Bell Tower Grey
statefan91 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

It doesn't seem like there's much traction at this point, 42 lawsuits challenging it have already been denied:

https://mynorthwest.com/3189717/judge-denies-request-to-halt-washington-state-worker-vaccine-mandate/
Well, this one will either be successful or piled into the denied heap. Will be interesting to see what happens.
caryking
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

He had a religious reason. Because he's Catholic and you're a partisan hack, you say it's not a valid reason without knowing anything about it. He didn't violate the state mandate. He did not take the job with the requirement that he receive arbitrary vaccinations as determined by radical leftists. He did not comply with the mandate.

He is a hell of a lot more a Covid William Wallace than most are. I think it's hilarious you said he didn't sacrifice. You are so blinded by partisanship you think getting fired is not a sacrifice. Regardless if he knew he was going to sue. It is a sacrifice. They wouldn't even let him say goodbye to his team. But he didn't sacrifice.

And to your last point. It's obvious he has a different "gig" than you do. Cool story though. Sorry your wife doesn't support your religious convictions.

You have to have a religious conviction for it to be supported…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

LOLOL

Like Wufhart said, "people control" for its own sake is a losing electoral strategy and politicians aren't in the business of doing things against their own self-interests.

Yep! And we keep electing them! When will we learn? Biden and team has the lost self interest of any administration I can remember!

Hell, they make the Obama admin look like a welfare case!

Joe Biden
statefan91
According to this: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/Epidemiology/COVID-19%20Vaccinations%20Demographics.pdf

80.3% of the 12 and older population vaccinated (2,273,957 people) and 19.7% are unvaccinated (558,183 people)

So using the numbers from your link, unvaccinated residents of San Diego County were 3.4x more likely to test positive for COVID.

MrStateFanGuy
Werewolf said:

https://www.kusi.com/more-vaccinated-people-tested-positive-for-covid-19-than-unvaccinated-in-san-diego-county/

It is so ironic that you question science and facts with your conspiratorial paranoia, whine about the media lying to you, then take to heart highly misleading articles from conservative shock jock radio. Who, by the way, wrote this piece to lie to you.

The vaccines work. Your article literally proves it. They just framed the stats in a way to trick people. And I guess it worked on you.
DrummerboyWolf
A report from Alex Berenson that over 70% of Covid deaths in England were vaccinated. He is interviewed by Joe Rogan.

https://kanekoa.substack.com/p/alex-berenson-tells-joe-rogan-over-b43
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
DrummerboyWolf
Nothing to see here.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
wolfman18
Could you tell me what I'm seeing here, Doctor?
statefan91
DrummerboyWolf said:

A report from Alex Berenson that over 70% of Covid deaths in England were vaccinated. He is interviewed by Joe Rogan.

That makes sense, since there are significantly more people that are vaccinated than not unvaccinated.

Here's a table of the rate per 100k from the same report that Alex Berenson references on your link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

packgrad
statefan91 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

That makes sense, since there are significantly more people that are vaccinated than not unvaccinated.

Here's a table of the rate per 100k from the same report that Alex Berenson references on your link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

Those aren't very compelling numbers for 59 and under to have a vaccine mandate.

Cumulative 2.2 deaths 59 and under per 100,000 vaccinated within 28 days, or .000022

Cumulative 17.7 deaths 59 and under per 100,000 unvaccinated within 28 days , or .000177

What are we doing here???
wolfman18
What gets lost is that most of that WSU staff is out of a job most likely. The next coach likely won't keep the majority of coaches currently there.
Werewolf
MrStateFanGuy said:

Werewolf said:

It is so ironic that you question science and facts with your conspiratorial paranoia, whine about the media lying to you, then take to heart highly misleading articles from conservative shock jock radio. Who, by the way, wrote this piece to lie to you.

The vaccines work. Your article literally proves it. They just framed the stats in a way to trick people. And I guess it worked on you.
whatever you insist, fellow Wolfpacker.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Catholic? No wonder his "religious" exemption got denied.

The Catholic Church has resoundingly supported the ethics of vaccination generally, and early on navigated the fetal tissue issue with COVID vaccine development and production such that US bishops either recommend Pfizer or Moderna over J&J, or just acknowledged that given he totality of the circumstances all COVID vaccines can be considered moral amongst the flock.

The Pope himself is vaccinated and repeatedly has encouraged people to get vaccinated for the common good. LOLOL

And you championing COVID William Wallace for his Catholic objections is especially ironic, since the Catholic Church's stance on vaccination flies directly in the face of your stance that we shouldn't vaccinate for the benefit of others.

"The Catholic Church strongly supports vaccination and regards Catholics as having a prima facie duty to be vaccinated, not only for the sake of their own health but also out of solidarity with others, especially the most vulnerable. We believe that there is a moral obligation to guarantee the vaccination coverage necessary for the safety of others. Avoidance of vaccination carries with it dangerous and potentially grave consequences for the most vulnerable in society, and we recognise the anxiety which this is causing to those most at risk.

https://www.cbcew.org.uk/home/our-work/health-social-care/the-catholic-position-on-vaccination/

"Some U.S. bishops have made formal statements answering this question. On March 5th, 2020, a group of bishops in leadership positions within the USCCB published a statement on the USCCB website stating, "if one can choose among equally safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines, the vaccine with the least connection to abortion-derived cell lines should be chosen. Therefore, if one has the ability to choose a vaccine, Pfizer or Moderna's vaccines should be chosen over Johnson & Johnson's." Other bishops have made official statements that do not discuss the issue of brand choice and emphasize that all currently available COVID vaccines may be used in good conscience."

https://mycatholicdoctor.com/our-services/vaccines/

packgrad
Such a simpleton you are if you think the Pope speaks for what Catholicism means to the individual. I presume you also think all Catholics should support pedophilia amongst their priests since the Catholic Church, popes, and bishops harbored priests that molested children. Can you pull some quotes there too?

It's sad that you're cheerleading person losing their job because their religious exemption was denied. Such a good Democrat you are. Such a "common good" person. You've even given him a nickname.
Wufhart
DrummerboyWolf said:

Not sure that I am taking info from a fiction writer regardless of whether he is a NYT reporter. And the data he references was misinterpreted.

https://fullfact.org/health/joe-rogan-alex-berenson-covid-vaccines-phe/

Civilized
packgrad said:

Such a simpleton you are if you think the Pope speaks for what Catholicism means to the individual. I presume you also think all Catholics should support pedophilia amongst their priests since the Catholic Church, popes, and bishops harbored priests that molested children. Can you pull some quotes there too?

It's sad that you're cheerleading person losing their job because their religious exemption was denied. Such a good Democrat you are. Such a "common good" person. You've even given him a nickname.

Comparing the ethics of pedophilia to vaccination???

You're being about as persuasive around here as COVID William Wallace was to the review committee for his "religious" exemption. LOLOLOL
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Comparing the ethics of pedophilia to vaccination???

You're being about as persuasive around here as COVID William Wallace was to the review committee for his "religious" exemption. LOLOLOL

So, no quotes?

Too bad.

Keep cheerleading people losing their jobs. It accentuates the person you are.

Common good, lol.

A couple pages ago civilized was saying he agreed with "all of this" to pack99. Part of which was not liking government mandates. 2 pages later he's cheerleading a former State player getting fired because of a government mandate.

To seem rather than to be.
Wufhart
packgrad said:

A lot of conflation here but since you seem so passionate about the right to object on religious grounds what is the Catholic religious objection to the vaccine? I have more than a few close friends that are Catholic and all are vaccinated and have honestly never heard any of them mention an objection , or for that matter, the basis for a religious objection. Birth control objections yes, vaccines no. Edit: I do see their reasoning ,or reason, on the J&J version but not the others.
packgrad
Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

A lot of conflation here but since you seem so passionate about the right to object on religious grounds what is the Catholic religious objection to the vaccine? I have more than a few close friends that are Catholic and all are vaccinated and have honestly never heard any of them, or for that matter, the basis for a religious objection. Birth control objections yes, vaccines no. Edit: I do see their reasoning ,or reason, on the J&J version but not the others.

That would be a question for him. Not me. I'm (formerly) Catholic and vaccinated.

You don't think there is a right to object on religious grounds?
Wufhart
packgrad said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

A lot of conflation here but since you seem so passionate about the right to object on religious grounds what is the Catholic religious objection to the vaccine? I have more than a few close friends that are Catholic and all are vaccinated and have honestly never heard any of them, or for that matter, the basis for a religious objection. Birth control objections yes, vaccines no. Edit: I do see their reasoning ,or reason, on the J&J version but not the others.

That would be a question for him. Not me. I'm (formerly) Catholic and vaccinated.

No I didn't say that someone should not be able to object on religious grounds, only that I have not heard or seen the reason for objection other than for the J&J shot and there's kind of a split among the Catholic clergy in that. That leaves two other options. But the WS coach is Catholic and is objecting for religious reasons. That said, if there are to be grounds for a religious objection in my opinion it should be based on core tenant of that religion. Not a one off or something created for the sole purpose of a grounds for objection.
Steve Videtich
Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

No I didn't say that someone should not be able to object on religious grounds, only that I have not heard or seen the reason for objection other than for the J&J shot and there's kind of a split among the Catholic clergy in that. That leaves two other options. But the WS coach is Catholic and is objecting for religious reasons. That said, if there are to be grounds for a religious objection in my opinion it should be based on core tenant of that religion. Not a one off or something created for the sole purpose of a grounds for objection.

There are different kinds of Catholicism. Actually there are 7 different kinds.
Werewolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Nothing to see here.

this is one of thousands of videos........She along with Dr Sheri Tenpenny, Dr Judy Mikovits, Dr Robert Malone, Dr Michael Yeadon, Dr Peter McCullough and several thousand other scientists and doctors have been sounding the alarm.......risking their livelihoods........and I suspect family's safety.

Former Chief Scientist and VP at Pfizer

Ask this scientist

Look; I'm not going to go back n forth with those of you who've gotten the JABs.....it doesn't matter. It's done.......and you're in the boat you're in.

I'll stay in my boat, I like it. I think it floats better. My choice.

I share a few tidbits here in hopes of reinforcing those unvaccinated persons to stick with their decision. Do NOT allow yourself to be coerced into taking this experimental JAB. Make your employer fire you before you quit.

caryking
Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Catholics probably have the biggest objection to the vaccine because of their pro-life stance. The vaccine did use aborted tissues for testing; so, this make sense!

Joe Biden
Steve Videtich
caryking said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Catholics probably have the biggest objection to the vaccine because of their pro-life stance. The vaccine did use aborted tissues for testing; so, this make sense!

So, you're saying that some Catholics have chosen to take the vaccine and others have chosen not to? Based on their own thoughts and convictions?
Werewolf
'Pro-Vaccine' Doctor Byram Bridle Issues Warning… CITIZEN FREE PRESS
Wufhart
Werewolf said:

'Pro-Vaccine' Doctor Byram Bridle Issues Warning… CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Ok Bridle is at a vet school. Not to disparage veterinarians but this particular one was basically spreading debunked info on a noted antivaxer's radio show.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-canada-technology-gun-politics-religion-a7dd90823ca346534f1087ba0b1071b1
caryking
Steve Videtich said:

caryking said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

So, you're saying that some Catholics have chosen to take the vaccine and others have chosen not to? Based on their own thoughts and convictions?
Yea, that's a fair question...

Joe Biden
Wufhart
Steve Videtich said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

Wufhart said:

packgrad said:

There are different kinds of Catholicism. Actually there are 7 different kinds.

The "two options" wasn't a reference to different types of Catholicism but options for shots besides J&J. That said after further research on the vaccine testing if they are basing their objection on pro-life then I guess they would object to all of the options. But a somewhat ironic objection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.