Ricky Logo fired at Washington State

24,553 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by caryking
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jaxpack said:

Hey mods and admins,

No one is going to change their opinions on COVID based on this message board. These threads are consistently blowing up and are off the rails almost immediately and are not productive.

Can we move this stuff over to the water cooler? Im tired of seeing this every damn day on here.
As with the vaccine for Ricky Logo, you have a choice!!! You can keep opening the threads or you can say NO!! I'm just not going to read it anymore!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Bell Tower Grey
If it is so important to the state of Washington governor, then why hasn't he proclaimed that schools in the state can't play home games against teams whose coaches and players aren't shot? Hypocrite.

caryking
statefan91 said:

FLWolf said:

I appreciate the mods letting it go-I really find it helpful to see other educated people's views. I am pretty opened minded about the subject because it is such a moving target. Hell, our leaders (both sides) have changed the rules through out the past 20 months.

Couple of observation:
1. I am shocked that so many people are open to getting their 4-6 year olds the shot so quickly without even asking the question why is there a delay. What are they looking at that it may not be safe for a developing child. Healthy kids are virtually at no risk at all as less than 500 under 12 YOs have died from COVID, and we have no idea how many of those under 500 have underlying conditions. I assume that the news just scares the **** out people as they love to show stories of a 10 YO who has died but you never hear the whole thing. I have two healthy teenagers and I have zero fear as I believe I am following the science. I will definitely do more research when it gets approved but I am not going to be the first in line.

2. People that have such absolute views on either side should keep the door open on either side. This thing could go away or develop more deadly variants in the future. If you develop such strong opinions now, it may prevent you from looking threw a different lens as variables change.

Stay safe and go Pack
There's not a delay - FDA requested that vaccine producers expand the amount of participants in their studies to ensure safety and efficacy. Request for EUA was just recently submitted and is projected for approval around end of the month.

Here's more info if you would like to read up: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/us/politics/fda-covid-vaccine-trials-children.html
The way some on here act, they should just get their kids vaccinated without the FDA approval. Hell, BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER admitted he violates the law all the time and doesn't care who it affects...

Joe Biden
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
caryking said:

statefan91 said:

FLWolf said:

I appreciate the mods letting it go-I really find it helpful to see other educated people's views. I am pretty opened minded about the subject because it is such a moving target. Hell, our leaders (both sides) have changed the rules through out the past 20 months.

Couple of observation:
1. I am shocked that so many people are open to getting their 4-6 year olds the shot so quickly without even asking the question why is there a delay. What are they looking at that it may not be safe for a developing child. Healthy kids are virtually at no risk at all as less than 500 under 12 YOs have died from COVID, and we have no idea how many of those under 500 have underlying conditions. I assume that the news just scares the **** out people as they love to show stories of a 10 YO who has died but you never hear the whole thing. I have two healthy teenagers and I have zero fear as I believe I am following the science. I will definitely do more research when it gets approved but I am not going to be the first in line.

2. People that have such absolute views on either side should keep the door open on either side. This thing could go away or develop more deadly variants in the future. If you develop such strong opinions now, it may prevent you from looking threw a different lens as variables change.

Stay safe and go Pack
There's not a delay - FDA requested that vaccine producers expand the amount of participants in their studies to ensure safety and efficacy. Request for EUA was just recently submitted and is projected for approval around end of the month.

Here's more info if you would like to read up: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/26/us/politics/fda-covid-vaccine-trials-children.html
The way some on here act, they should just get their kids vaccinated without the FDA approval. Hell, BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER admitted he violates the law all the time and doesn't care who it affects...
which law did i say i violate? i stated that the items you mentioned were commonly done all the time. i did not say they were done by me.
Wufhart
FLWolf said:

I meant delay from adults to children

Either way, why was it safe for a 13 YO and not a 12 YO-

It may be but that's why they are expanding the studies. 12 has, I think, always been a jump off point. Look at the back of a lot of OTC medicines. I think the irony is that this vaccine has probably had the most scrutiny and testing by agencies all over the world, with published results of safety and efficacy, and yet somehow we still need more info? I get the reluctance by some with younger kids waiting for the studies but for the rest of us I just smh.
Civilized
Pocketflask said:

FLWolf said:

Couple of observation:

Stay safe and go Pack
I have two 9 year olds and my concern for their wellbeing isn't about them dying but having long term residual effects. That concern could certainly be unwarranted but I'm not sure we fully understand the disease or possible long term impacts. I agree completely with your point about absolute views. I don't see this as clear cut as many folks seem to. So much ambiguity. It has been a very trying time to be a parent.

Agree with the spirit of both of these posts.

I especially agree that long-term effects (whether true "long COVID" or just a protracted full recovery) are a dramatically under-weighted consideration in all this calculus.

It's estimated that 20x as many people will have long-term effects from COVID as die from covid. That's over half of those diagnosed. Given the way COVID deaths stratify, long-term effects are a much more salient consideration than death for most age groups.
FLWolf
Pocketflask-I agree about the long term affects of children-we just do not know either way because we do not have long term data. Is COVID worse on children than a bad strand of the flu. I asked the CMO at All Children's in Tampa and he said you just do not know yet.

I will weigh the studies of long term on lungs of younger children to the potential heart linings issues of the vaccine that they are studying.

The doctors and CMO's I deal with, feel that healthy children are very safe from this virus. You rarely see or hear informative studies about effects of COVID on children because we are only talking about 1.75 years of data.

Like I stated earlier, I still do not know why people or doctors would line up up young people to take this without a few more years of normal research. Normal FDA approval takes 2+ years to really study long term affects. I get why we rushed it out for adults but I think we should be much more conservative with kids. Use the normal channels and time sequences. I think this is where the media has created a frenzy and people are begging for it because some are so scared.
Bellhenmar
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

86wolf said:

Choices come with consequences.
Submitting to authoritarians and getting injected with poison has consequences too.

Why do you call the vaccine 'poison'?

6.7 billion doses have now been administered around the world and all of a sudden the vaccinated stopped dying from COVID.

Worst 'poison' ever.
Tell that to Collin Powell's family.
FLWolf
It's estimated that 20x as many people will have long-term effects from COVID as die from covid. That's over half of those diagnosed. Given the way COVID deaths stratify, long-term effects are a much more salient consideration than death for most age groups.

20Xs????

Where do you find this and back this up with facts? We have 1.75 years of data so this is guess I have to imagine or you just heard it on the news??

I have been watching this closely and I can't find anything that validates this with healthy kids. I google this topic almost weekly as I will have a decision to make on my kids in time.

From a personal stand point, I know of over 100 kids (almost all were healthy) who have had COVID and I have not heard one kid who has lasting issues. Not saying it doesn't happen but that is just a personal experience.

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
Bellhenmar said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

86wolf said:

Submitting to authoritarians and getting injected with poison has consequences too.

6.7 billion doses have now been administered around the world and all of a sudden the vaccinated stopped dying from COVID.

Worst 'poison' ever.
Immunocompromised 84 year olds are a little different story. everyone knows that
caryking
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

FLWolf said:

Couple of observation:

Stay safe and go Pack

which law did i say i violate? i stated that the items you mentioned were commonly done all the time. i did not say they were done by me.

You are correct, you didn't say whether you did any of my examples or not. It's too easy to not have a conviction unless it suits your narrative…

Joe Biden
caryking
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

Bellhenmar said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

86wolf said:

Worst 'poison' ever.
Immunocompromised 84 year olds are a little different story. everyone knows that

Why should they have a different story?

Joe Biden
Wufhart
Bellhenmar said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

86wolf said:

Worst 'poison' ever.

As already posted Colin Powell was already fighting cancer prior to contracting Covid along with being 84. And as most would agree ,whether for or against the vaccine, underlying immunity compromised conditions weaken the efficacy of the vaccine. No one ever said the vaccine was 100% effective against mortality or even contracting Covid. Only that your odds as an otherwise healthy adult, of surviving and staying out of the hospital were significantly increased.
FLWolf
drawing conclusions about the vaccine (good or bad) from a very sick, vaccinated 84 YO is probably not a great case study
GuerrillaPack
BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

packgrad said:

CLTWolf said:

Hilarious.

"THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!"

also…

"THE GOVERNMENT (FDA) HASN'T APPROVED THE SHOT!!!!11. ITS NOT SAFE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT HASNT TOLD ME ITS SAFE YET!!!!11"

Lol.

Now do "My body My choice!!!"

lol.
It is hilarious. Lots of folks are all of sudden "pro-choice". Weird.

And likewise….a lot of prochoice folks are all of a sudden not prochoice
Actually, there is a HUGE difference here...

When you are talking about forcing someone to take an injection that actually is THEIR BODY. When you kill an unborn child that is NOT "the mother's body". That a separate human being.

So the Left is actually consistent. They force their will upon OTHER people against their will...including that unborn child.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Civilized
Bellhenmar said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

86wolf said:

Worst 'poison' ever.

The vaccine killed Colin Powell?
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
caryking said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

Bellhenmar said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

86wolf said:

Worst 'poison' ever.

Why should they have a different story?
because they have had a different story since this entire thing began. They have always been more at risk. And as has been stated the vaccine gives you a better chance of avoiding a SEVERE COVID CASE leading to hospitalization or death. When someone is 84 and immunocompromised they have an INCREASED chance of having a SEVERE CASE. So see the vaccine is not going to be as effective for them. So that makes them a but of an outlier when looking at vaccination results.
eccdogg
I guess Ricky will just have to settle for his old job as a Samoan King.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1992/08/29/Lineman-who-would-be-chief/5496715060800/
BobbyCox95
GuerrillaPack said:

BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

packgrad said:

CLTWolf said:

Hilarious.

"THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!"

also…

"THE GOVERNMENT (FDA) HASN'T APPROVED THE SHOT!!!!11. ITS NOT SAFE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT HASNT TOLD ME ITS SAFE YET!!!!11"

Lol.

Now do "My body My choice!!!"

lol.
It is hilarious. Lots of folks are all of sudden "pro-choice". Weird.

And likewise….a lot of prochoice folks are all of a sudden not prochoice
Actually, there is a HUGE difference here...

When you are talking about forcing someone to take an injection that actually is THEIR BODY. When you kill an unborn child that is NOT "the mother's body". That a separate human being.

So the Left is actually consistent. They force their will upon OTHER people against their will...including that unborn child.

I agree. Prochoice is a stance so many support because they feel they have to to be apart of the liberal left. Too afraid to take a stance that goes against the agenda. Bernie even said so and it didn't get nearly the publicity it should have. People choose a party and just fall in line with all the things they are supposed to believe. Worst part about our 2 party system.
IseWolf22
eccdogg said:

I am in the strange position of thinking pretty much everyone should get vaccinated for their own good while being completely against mandates.

The risk of the unvaccinated to the vaccinated doesn't rise to the level where we should violate folks bodily autonomy. As a vaccinated person I have no fear of being around unvaccinated folks.
The vaccines are a good idea for the vast majority of adults. I trust doctors and scientists I know that have reviewed the clinical data.

I also think that the government mandating vaccination through things like OSHA is scary expansion of Federal authority. It sets a precedent that could be abused in the future and in general, we should be prioritizing bodily autonomy where at all possible.
James Henderson
Staff
Can we please keep this to sports or should I move it over to the Water Cooler?
ntcstate13
James Henderson said:

You know the answer to this…
BobbyCox95
James Henderson said:

Lol keep it to sports? It hasn't had anything to do with sports for 5 pages
James Henderson
Staff
BobbyCox95 said:

James Henderson said:

Yeah, I don't read it just assumed given the length and the very first post I read
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
James Henderson said:

i thought we were talking about coaches of a college football team. so it is sports right?
James Henderson
Staff
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

James Henderson said:

i thought we were talking about coaches of a college football team. so it is sports right?
Abortion and vaccine rates isn't talking about coaches of a football team.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
caryking said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

FLWolf said:

Couple of observation:

Stay safe and go Pack

You are correct, you didn't say whether you did any of my examples or not. It's too easy to not have a conviction unless it suits your narrative…
lets see

drive over speed limit - sure i will drive with the flow of traffic
stop signs - only the ones with white trim
drink and drive - nah man......that is a good way to spill a perfectly good beer
phone while driving - bluetooth - hands free.......what year is it?

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
James Henderson said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

James Henderson said:

Abortion and vaccine rates isn't talking about coaches of a football team.
Ahh man we were talking about abortion too? I missed it. I will have to go back and read more closely.
CLTWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

James Henderson said:

I tried to make it a Blazing Saddles thread, but failed.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
WolfQuacker
CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

James Henderson said:

First time on the Alpha Wolf forum I simply pull up the latest post to show the thread as "read".
BobbyCox95
CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

James Henderson said:

Sign me up for a blazing saddles thread! If I mention Monty python in that thread will someone tell me to stay on topic?
Oldsouljer
I feel for you, especially as I was not blessed with children. And of the flood of misinformation out there, at least half of it seems to come from "reputable sources" which is why I hold the leadership of HHS and their sub agencies, the CDC, the NIH, and the FDA in absolute contempt for forfeiting the trust of the people they supposedly serve, and who depended on them for the truth. It's also worth calling out those who cite equivalency between Covid vaccines and other vaccinations, the latter having undergone years of safety and efficacy trials before approval.
Oldsouljer
BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

James Henderson said:

Sign me up for a blazing saddles thread! If I mention Monty python in that thread will someone tell me to stay on topic?
Both of you go away or I shall taunt you again!
CLTWolf
Oldsouljer said:

BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

James Henderson said:

Both of you go away or I shall taunt you again!

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Civilized
FLWolf said:

20Xs????

Where do you find this and back this up with facts? We have 1.75 years of data so this is guess I have to imagine or you just heard it on the news??

I have been watching this closely and I can't find anything that validates this with healthy kids. I google this topic almost weekly as I will have a decision to make on my kids in time.

From a personal stand point, I know of over 100 kids (almost all were healthy) who have had COVID and I have not heard one kid who has lasting issues. Not saying it doesn't happen but that is just a personal experience.

Yeah. More than 20x.

Recently published Penn State study.

https://news.psu.edu/story/672142/2021/10/13/research/how-many-people-get-long-covid-more-half-researchers-find

Shouldn't be too surprising; more than 50x people catch symptomatic COVID than die from it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.