Ricky Logo fired at Washington State

24,581 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by caryking
cmball3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the best take. My wife and I are vaccinated. My almost 2 year old son is not yet. Baby coming in the next month will have antibodies. He is my biggest concern. I work in critical care areas with very sick covid patients. Don't want to bring any of that home. Still remove scrubs in the garage and put them in the wash. It's not about the chosen unvaccinated that vaccinated folks worry about. It's the unvaccinated that can't choose that I worry about. Personal freedoms are great until they infringe on the freedoms of others.
CLTWolf
caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

I am in the strange position of thinking pretty much everyone should get vaccinated for their own good while being completely against mandates.

The risk of the unvaccinated to the vaccinated doesn't rise to the level where we should violate folks bodily autonomy. As a vaccinated person I have no fear of being around unvaccinated folks.
This is pretty much me as well.

My only issue with being vaccinated around the unvaccinated is that I have 3 young children and I don't want them to get the rona.

You have a choice that will have consequences…. Don't take your kids anywhere people that are not vaccinated could be.

Actually, that may infringe upon your personal freedoms so you will mandate vaccination! See how this works! You have a choice!!!

Yea, I'm not sure what that means.
Basically same thing that I thought for your post. I guess it's just a fun way to respond to your frontier gibberish.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
CLTWolf
bgr3 said:

CLTWolf said:

bgr3 said:

Feel free to offer a substantive response to my point using actual logic if you wish, anytime.
Why? you'll probably completely miss the point just like you did in your initial triggered response.

Choices can have consequences. I don't like seatbelts but I choose to wear them b/c I don't want to get hurt in the event of an accident and I don't want to pay for tickets either.

I don't like vaccine mandates but we're in a global pandemic and sometimes you do sht you don't want/like to do for the greater good.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

On one hand you say choices have consequences and in the same breath you say people should have their ability to choose taken away from them. As I asked initially (and you ignored it), which is it? Should people have choice and face the consequences of those choices? Or should people be forced by law to make your preferred choice? You don't get to have it both ways.

I'm really not but you are free to believe whatever you need to sweetheart.
eccdogg
For those of you worried about kids I get it. I hope the FDA quits dragging its feet on vaccinations for kids and I personally lied to get my 11 year old vaccinated four months before her 12th birthday.

But the risk to kids is very low. An unvaccinated kid has the same risk of hospitalization as a vaccinated 50 year old.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/briefing/covid-age-risk-infection-vaccine.html

wolf howl
Let's be honest, if this were about something more than money there would a caveat to say if you have covid anitbodies you were fine too. Millions upon millions in the US have had covid, vast majority survived just fine and now have more protection than those that got the vaccine.

But who gets rich from that? No one. And we definitely can't have elites not benefiting from a pandemic now can we?

I'm proud of Ricky and the other coaches, airline pilots and flight attendants, police officers, doctors and nurses, etc. for taking a stand.
caryking
CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

I am in the strange position of thinking pretty much everyone should get vaccinated for their own good while being completely against mandates.

The risk of the unvaccinated to the vaccinated doesn't rise to the level where we should violate folks bodily autonomy. As a vaccinated person I have no fear of being around unvaccinated folks.

My only issue with being vaccinated around the unvaccinated is that I have 3 young children and I don't want them to get the rona.

You have a choice that will have consequences…. Don't take your kids anywhere people that are not vaccinated could be.

Actually, that may infringe upon your personal freedoms so you will mandate vaccination! See how this works! You have a choice!!!

Basically same thing that I thought for your post. I guess it's just a fun way to respond to your frontier gibberish.
ad hominem attacks shows your ignorance!!! Actually, your stupidity!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
the coaching staff quit on their players.....how brave of them
bgr3
CLTWolf said:

bgr3 said:

CLTWolf said:

bgr3 said:

Feel free to offer a substantive response to my point using actual logic if you wish, anytime.
Why? you'll probably completely miss the point just like you did in your initial triggered response.

Choices can have consequences. I don't like seatbelts but I choose to wear them b/c I don't want to get hurt in the event of an accident and I don't want to pay for tickets either.

I don't like vaccine mandates but we're in a global pandemic and sometimes you do sht you don't want/like to do for the greater good.

On one hand you say choices have consequences and in the same breath you say people should have their ability to choose taken away from them. As I asked initially (and you ignored it), which is it? Should people have choice and face the consequences of those choices? Or should people be forced by law to make your preferred choice? You don't get to have it both ways.

You keep ignoring that question because you are incapable of answering it without contradicting either of the things you originally said, and you know it.

CLTWolf
eccdogg said:

For those of you worried about kids I get it. I hope the FDA quits dragging its feet on vaccinations for kids and I personally lied to get my 11 year old vaccinated four months before her 12th birthday.

But the risk to kids is very low. An unvaccinated kid has the same risk of hospitalization as a vaccinated 50 year old.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/briefing/covid-age-risk-infection-vaccine.html

I would lie to get mine vaccinated as well. I'm trying to get my wife on board with it once 5 and up can get it. My son is 4 but could pass for 5, easy. haha My daughter is 6 so that would make two of my 3 kids vaccinated. My adopted son is 3 so I'm stuck there until he's old enough or it's approved for all ages.

CLTWolf
bgr3 said:

CLTWolf said:

bgr3 said:

CLTWolf said:

bgr3 said:

You keep ignoring that question because you are incapable of answering it without contradicting either of the things you originally said, and you know it.

Jesus Christ dude. I'm not ignoring anything you just completely missed the point and you know it. Well, I guess you don't know it. Like I said, feel free to believe what you need to.
BobbyCox95
BigLefty24 said:

g*d damn. Not another thread of this sh*t again.

1. If you want the shot, get the shot.
2. If you don't want the shot, don't get the shot.
3. If you have a strong opinion of the other side that doesn't coincide with your choice, shut the hell up. No one cares, and we've all heard it ad nauseum for two years.

Yep,

Either take the shot at your own risk or don't take the shot at your own risk. But the option is available to everyone. Now let's get back to normal life and everyone can deal with the consequences of their decision.

But to fire people for not getting a shot that has been available for less than a year is absolutely absurd. I will try my best to avoid those companies with my business from now on.
CLTWolf
caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

I know you are but what am I?!
packgrad
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

They didn't quit. No need to lie about what happened.
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

they chose not to do what was required of them to keep their job. so they quit
packgrad
BobbyCox95 said:

BigLefty24 said:

g*d damn. Not another thread of this sh*t again.

1. If you want the shot, get the shot.
2. If you don't want the shot, don't get the shot.
3. If you have a strong opinion of the other side that doesn't coincide with your choice, shut the hell up. No one cares, and we've all heard it ad nauseum for two years.

Yep,

Either take the shot at your own risk or don't take the shot at your own risk. But the option is available to everyone. Now let's get back to normal life and everyone can deal with the consequences of their decision.

But to fire people for not getting a shot that has been available for less than a year is absolutely absurd. I will try my best to avoid those companies with my business from now on.

Spot on. The celebration of people getting fired for not getting vaccinated is pretty disgusting as well. It's a cult.
Wolfpack
Y'all snowflakes don't know what real tyranny is and it shows. Go get on a plane, travel, and see the world
dogplasma
Tootie4Pack said:

Is this the Water Cooler thread?
Version 2.0. Or maybe 164.0. But the classics are always timeless.
packgrad
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

No, they didn't quit. They chose to not be forced to do something they were uncomfortable with. They showed character for standing up for themselves. You're showing your character by misrepresenting what happened.
Wolfpack
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-17/u-k-covid-case-load-prompts-gottlieb-call-for-urgent-research

Keep ****ing around with the vaccine and see what happens. I'm not talking about government or company regulations, I'm talking about common sense. You're quite literally dying on a mole hill by not getting it, and spawning variants that make the vaccine more ineffective. You're walking in a circle and leading yourself to the water saying "look how right we were!!!" We are simply animals on this planet and survival of the fittest is quite a real thing. If you can't break the circle of redundant thought and you don't get vaccinated for principles alone, it's entirely on you. And I'm not gonna feel sorry for you AT ALL
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

No, they didn't quit. They chose to not be forced to do something they were uncomfortable with. They showed character for standing up for themselves. You're showing your character by misrepresenting what happened.
they chose not to get a shot that millions of other people have gotten. good for them. I am sure their players and families are proud of them for making such a bold stand. we should erect a monument in their honor. SMH.....dudes are clowns that let their politics impact the young men that they are supposed to lead
Oldsouljer
Wolfpack said:

Y'all snowflakes don't know what real tyranny is and it shows. Go get on a plane, travel, and see the world
Can't. Too many restrictions on international travel. It's the tyranny, you see.
Wolfpack
Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

Can't. Too many restrictions on international travel. It's the tyranny, you see.

I'm sitting on a resort in Mexico doing just fine my friend!
Wufhart
DrummerboyWolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Hilarious.

"THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!"

also…

"THE GOVERNMENT (FDA) HASN'T APPROVED THE SHOT!!!!11. ITS NOT SAFE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT HASNT TOLD ME ITS SAFE YET!!!!11"

Lol.

I usually don't respond to you because I have you on ignore, but since Packgrad quoted you I will respond.

You are twisting what I said. The government is not going to tell me to do anything. Even if the vaccine were approved by the FDA, I am not getting it. If it's mandated, I am not getting it. Unfortunately many that have taken the vaccine have no idea it hasn't been approved yet and that the makers have no liability. I never said anything about waiting on government approval. What's hilarious is that I only gave facts and you chose to take in a totally different direction in which you are totally wrong. Imagine that.

Not sure what you are talking about. The FDA approved on August 23rd.
Oldsouljer
Wolfpack said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

Really? Well, since you took your own advice, I assume the tyranny down there is first-rate?
eccdogg
Wolfpack said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-17/u-k-covid-case-load-prompts-gottlieb-call-for-urgent-research

Keep ****ing around with the vaccine and see what happens. I'm not talking about government or company regulations, I'm talking about common sense. You're quite literally dying on a mole hill by not getting it, and spawning variants that make the vaccine more ineffective. You're walking in a circle and leading yourself to the water saying "look how right we were!!!" We are simply animals on this planet and survival of the fittest is quite a real thing. If you can't break the circle of redundant thought and you don't get vaccinated for principals alone, it's entirely on you. And I'm not gonna feel sorry for you AT ALL
Uh that article is about the UK where 90% of the adults have been vaccinated or have antibodies.

"Data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) suggests more than nine in 10 adults in the UK now have coronavirus antibodies - which is evidence of a past Covid infection or having received at least one dose of a vaccine."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
Wolfpack said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

what is it? a resort for ants? it needs to be at least 3 times bigger.
caryking
CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

My last comment... You are not a serious person.

Joe Biden
CLTWolf
caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

My last comment... You are not a serious person.
Yeah, I don't take you seriously either. fun stuff!
Wolfpack
Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

Really? Well, since you took your own advice, I assume the tyranny down there is first-rate?

Lol. Yeah I wouldn't equate "resorts" to "seeing the world". But hey, I'm vaccinated, I'm here, enjoying my life with my wife and not being controlled by 5G waves

We live, we'll also die, making some BS stand for your perceived "rights and freedoms"… well the only tyrant to yourself is, well, YOU
caryking
Wolfpack said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

Lol. Yeah I wouldn't equate "resorts" to "seeing the world". But hey, I'm vaccinated, I'm here, enjoying my life with my wife and not being controlled by 5G waves

We live, we'll also die, making some BS stand for your perceived "rights and freedoms"… well the only tyrant to yourself is, well, YOU
I think you are missing the point for most people. We have a bunch of people, on this site, saying: I disagree with mandates as it is tyrannical. These same people are fully vaccinated.

So, I recommend getting your arguments more clearly stated.

BTW, Southwest Airlines just dropped their forced mandate by December. Company's are getting the message and thats a good thing. These Woke companies need to be concerned about running a good company and get out of the political theatre!!!

Joe Biden
packgrad
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

they chose not to get a shot that millions of other people have gotten. good for them. I am sure their players and families are proud of them for making such a bold stand. we should erect a monument in their honor. SMH.....dudes are clowns that let their politics impact the young men that they are supposed to lead

Yes I know. You lied. They didn't quit. But your politics make you say they did. SMH.
Wolfpack
The beauty of the way our economy works is it will work itself out. Whether that's mandate it or not, money wins. Point taken there, but I do disagree (as others do) on the definition of "tyranny" here

Forcing companies from removing the mandate is just as totalitarian as forcing companies to impose a mandate. At the end of the day, they're doing this because people didn't get vaccinated in time. Just get vaccinated and all this will go away. It's entirely too fundamentalist to me, which detracts from the realities of every day life
Wolfpack
I've learned my lesson in these threads though. Passing time over coffee lol. Go Pack and Beat Miami!!
BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER
packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

packgrad said:

BUCKETTOFCOLDWATER said:

Yes I know. You lied. They didn't quit. But your politics make you say they did. SMH.
i am not being political. I do not care who gets the shot and who does not. but as others have said your choices impact more than just you sometimes. in this case it impacted their families and the young men that they promised to guide during their time at the school.

lord only knows what substances these guys have put into their bodies during their lifetimes, but they refuse to do this because someone told them they had to.....and to people like you they are heroes. i cannot wait for the lifetime movie about this
BobbyCox95
Wolfpack said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

Oldsouljer said:

Wolfpack said:

The better question is why are you posting and arguing on IPS if you are at a resort in Mexico? I love sharing ideas and debating on here like the rest of you but IPS is not on my radar when I am on vacation. "Enjoying my life with my wife" at a beach resort in Mexico as I argue on a message board. Sorry, thats hilarious to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.