Ricky Logo fired at Washington State

24,563 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by caryking
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
CLTWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Hasn't started well either! haha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
mdreid
CLTWolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Hasn't started well either! haha
ive got my Water Cooler bingo card out!
eccdogg
I am in the strange position of thinking pretty much everyone should get vaccinated for their own good while being completely against mandates.

The risk of the unvaccinated to the vaccinated doesn't rise to the level where we should violate folks bodily autonomy. As a vaccinated person I have no fear of being around unvaccinated folks.
CLTWolf
eccdogg said:

I am in the strange position of thinking pretty much everyone should get vaccinated for their own good while being completely against mandates.

The risk of the unvaccinated to the vaccinated doesn't rise to the level where we should violate folks bodily autonomy. As a vaccinated person I have no fear of being around unvaccinated folks.
This is pretty much me as well.

My only issue with being vaccinated around the unvaccinated is that I have 3 young children and I don't want them to get the rona.
BobbyCox95
CLTWolf said:

packgrad said:

CLTWolf said:

Hilarious.

"THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!"

also…

"THE GOVERNMENT (FDA) HASN'T APPROVED THE SHOT!!!!11. ITS NOT SAFE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT HASNT TOLD ME ITS SAFE YET!!!!11"

Lol.

Now do "My body My choice!!!"

lol.
It is hilarious. Lots of folks are all of sudden "pro-choice". Weird.

And likewise….a lot of prochoice folks are all of a sudden not prochoice
YouPeople

Remember when taking a stand was "cool?" Somehow I bet this doesn't get the same applause.
CLTWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

packgrad said:

CLTWolf said:

Hilarious.

"THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!"

also…

"THE GOVERNMENT (FDA) HASN'T APPROVED THE SHOT!!!!11. ITS NOT SAFE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT HASNT TOLD ME ITS SAFE YET!!!!11"

Lol.

Now do "My body My choice!!!"

lol.
It is hilarious. Lots of folks are all of sudden "pro-choice". Weird.

And likewise….a lot of prochoice folks are all of a sudden not prochoice
stop deflecting....haha
Gost8
Good for him!!!!
FLWolf
have the vax-do not care if the person next to me in not vaxed. This is not a conversation about the effectiveness of the vaccine but more about the governments role-are they over stepping??

I do not believe in mandates for COVID at this point-Is herd immunity a thing anymore? There is no goal anymore at this stage because there are some unknowns. The messaging is really bad by our leaders. I wish we had a goal.

I just have a hard time firing people if they choose not to take the jab. Children are very safe at this point (less than 500 deaths) across the US so fearing for your kids is real but not a reason to mandate a vaccine.
Oldsouljer
TraCha4 said:

Thank you for your service. I sincerely mean that.
I won't claim noble purposes for what I did, I was a hungry boy who at 17, needed a job. (I wouldn't proceed to get my degrees and my current career until I was in my forties) But I'd like to think that I helped someone else out as a result of all that.
Steve Williams
Staff
IIRC the last time I saw Ricky Logo was down in Jacksonville at the Fog Bowl. Can't believe that was like 30 years ago.
baxterC
CLTWolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Kgar2121 said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

86wolf said:

Choices come with consequences.
Submitting to authoritarians and getting injected with poison has consequences too.

Why do you call the vaccine 'poison'?

6.7 billion doses have now been administered around the world and all of a sudden the vaccinated stopped dying from COVID.

Worst 'poison' ever.
I may be wrong, but didn't someone pretty important just pass yesterday from COVID complications, despite being vaccinated?
You are leaving out the small, slightly important detail that he was immunocompromised and fighting cancer as well
and he was like 84 years old as well.

And also the small fact the vaccine does not always 100% stop one from getting covid, but typically results in more manageable cases and helps limit the spread. The thing isn't a silver bullet but it clearly HELPS. Not sure why some folks refuse to acknowledge that.

The way some act on here, you'd think that 70-80% of posters are dead from this "poison" that was injected in us.
"That's a big deal," Doeren said. "Now we have five days of five different potatoes and the guys are fired up about it."
Kgar2121
cmball3 said:

Kgar2121 said:

cmball3 said:

Wait until he learns about all the "apparently unimportant" unvaccinated people that have died from covid
What does that even mean? Was just pointing out someone EVERYONE should have heard of that had indeed passed from COVID after being vaccinated. I consider EVERY life important.

Don't back off your original statement now dude. Every life is important. That's why we should get vaccinated.

But as was said above, leave out major details and your point doesn't work.
I'm not backing off any statement, DUDE. I gave an example contrary to the generalization, and you made a statement that you think made a point, although I have no idea what it is or why you're arguing that point w me. But I do know that I'm not about to get into a pissing contest with someone I dont know, and dont care to know, on a sports message board. Have a great day!
TriangleDreamer
Reading this thread like...

"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
Civilized
Steve Williams said:

IIRC the last time I saw Ricky Logo was down in Jacksonville at the Fog Bowl. Can't believe that was like 30 years ago.

Craziest game I ever saw, or more accurately, didn't see. LOL

From our upper deck vantage point we couldn't see ****, all we got were the cheers from Florida fans when they scored.
CLTWolf
TriangleDreamer said:

THis got me. hahahaha
bgr3
CLTWolf said:

78wilsonpack said:

We are losing our freedoms quickly and this needs to stop.

They didn't lose any freedoms. They were free to chose and chose they did. America. They are free to find employment elsewhere.

I don't like wearing a seatbelt. Why should I be mandated to do that? Im free not to wear it but after that 2nd ticket I started wearing it.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequenes
Good point, you shouldn't. If you want to fly through your windshield that should be up to you.

Freedom of choice doesn't not mean freedom from consequences, right? Which one is it?

It takes some real olympic level mental gymnastics to contradict yourself that hard in just a few sentences.

TriangleDreamer
CLTWolf said:

TriangleDreamer said:

THis got me. hahahaha

I knew you'd appreciate it. I found that video this morning and converted to a gif because as a husky owner I needed it in my life. lol
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
CLTWolf
bgr3 said:

CLTWolf said:

78wilsonpack said:

They didn't lose any freedoms. They were free to chose and chose they did. America. They are free to find employment elsewhere.

I don't like wearing a seatbelt. Why should I be mandated to do that? Im free not to wear it but after that 2nd ticket I started wearing it.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequenes
Good point, you shouldn't. If you want to fly through your windshield that should be up to you.

Freedom of choice doesn't not mean freedom from consequences, right? Which one is it?

It takes some real olympic level mental gymnastics to contradict yourself that hard in just a few sentences.

L O L. I think you're the one doing the mental gymnastics. How dense are you?
bgr3
eccdogg said:

The risk of the unvaccinated to the vaccinated doesn't rise to the level where we should violate folks bodily autonomy.
As a vaccinated person I have no fear of being around unvaccinated folks.
Don't let media/political people fool you, this is the reasonable position held by a much larger portion of the population than most people think.

It's not a strange position. The screaming people are the minority, it just doesn't feel like it.
caryking
CLTWolf said:

78wilsonpack said:

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequence.

Every choice a person makes has a consequence. Not making a choice has a consequence!!

That being said, a government forcing you to make a choice is tyranny, anyway you look at it…. I agree, wearing a seatbelt was a forced choice as well. That being said, nobody was willing to die on that sword, they are on the vaccine.

Remember, you will have a day when something becomes that sword you will die on. I'm sure you will want to support from others when that happens!!!

People have a myriad of reasons to not take the vaccine. Our very own Steve Williams just went through, what appears to be a rough bought of COVID. It's none of our business whether he had the vaccine or whether he plans on getting the vaccine now. Right now, the science says he is more protected than any of the people who have had the vaccine.

If you were in power, would you force him to make a choice?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
kwolf93
CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

My only issue with being vaccinated around the unvaccinated is that I have 3 young children and I don't want them to get the rona.

Same here!

My wife and I are vaxxed, but our daughter (11) isn't, so her health and safety take priority for us. This whole argument baffles me that it's even an argument. I don't get why folks "choose" to not be interested in keeping their family, friends, neighbors and the public at-large safe over a political stance.

Its not about "you".....its about "us".

Ok, I said my peace and sure I'll get blasted. Just know that I also care about you and your family's safety and got my shot with you all in mind too.
bgr3
Feel free to offer a substantive response to my point using actual logic if you wish, anytime.
Kmcpack
Only problem with this argument is that vaccine only limits transmission for a short amount of time (3 months or so). I'm vaccinated and got covid and gave covid to 2 other vaccinated people. The whole for the good of everyone ship has sailed. Ow the vaccine has benefit as far as keeping you from becoming as sick (on average). But it doesn't do much in the long term for keeping transmission down. Which is why we had another spike in cases 4-6 months after initially getting vaccine out. So therefore I don't believe in forcing anyone to do it if it really only hurts themselves.
caryking
CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

You have a choice that will have consequences…. Don't take your kids anywhere people that are not vaccinated could be.

Actually, that may infringe upon your personal freedoms so you will mandate vaccination! See how this works! You have a choice!!!

Joe Biden
CLTWolf
bgr3 said:

Feel free to offer a substantive response to my point using actual logic if you wish, anytime.
Why? you'll probably completely miss the point just like you did in your initial triggered response.

Choices can have consequences. I don't like seatbelts but I choose to wear them b/c I don't want to get hurt in the event of an accident and I don't want to pay for tickets either.

I don't like vaccine mandates but we're in a global pandemic and sometimes you do sht you don't want/like to do for the greater good.

CLTWolf
caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

You have a choice that will have consequences…. Don't take your kids anywhere people that are not vaccinated could be.

Actually, that may infringe upon your personal freedoms so you will mandate vaccination! See how this works! You have a choice!!!
bgr3
CLTWolf said:

bgr3 said:

Why? you'll probably completely miss the point just like you did in your initial triggered response.

Choices can have consequences. I don't like seatbelts but I choose to wear them b/c I don't want to get hurt in the event of an accident and I don't want to pay for tickets either.

I don't like vaccine mandates but we're in a global pandemic and sometimes you do sht you don't want/like to do for the greater good.

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

On one hand you say choices have consequences and in the same breath you say people should have their ability to choose taken away from them. As I asked initially (and you ignored it), which is it? Should people have choice and face the consequences of those choices? Or should people be forced by law to make your preferred choice? You don't get to have it both ways.
BigLefty24
g*d damn. Not another thread of this sh*t again.

1. If you want the shot, get the shot.
2. If you don't want the shot, don't get the shot.
3. If you have a strong opinion of the other side that doesn't coincide with your choice, shut the hell up. No one cares, and we've all heard it ad nauseum for two years.

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Tootie4Pack
Is this the Water Cooler thread?
caryking
CLTWolf said:

caryking said:

CLTWolf said:

eccdogg said:

Yea, I'm not sure what that means. When I first saw your response, I thought... how juvenile is this person. Then, I thought, yea, she is a good actress...

Joe Biden
caryking
BigLefty24 said:

g*d damn. Not another thread of this sh*t again.

1. If you want the shot, get the shot.
2. If you don't want the shot, don't get the shot.
3. If you have a strong opinion of the other side that doesn't coincide with your choice, shut the hell up. No one cares, and we've all heard it ad nauseum for two years.

You know, you don't have to respond... You can choose to look away...

Joe Biden
ChicagoSmack
Theres a Forrest Gump quote that applies here ... not the one about a box of chocolates
wufpak
Civilized said:

Steve Williams said:

Craziest game I ever saw, or more accurately, didn't see. LOL

From our upper deck vantage point we couldn't see ****, all we got were the cheers from Florida fans when they scored.

We were there too, your post gave me flashbacks.
The government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases:  If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.