Wake to wear BLM on their helmets this season

33,009 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cowboypack02
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SupplyChainPack said:

"You guys are the reason for the protest. It is your disbelief that makes them necessary. That's why protests happen."

That's like the famous line, "Behead those who say Islam is violent!!!!"

I thought it was about the police. Who knew it was about me disagreeing with the mob?
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

"The movement is a general show of support for social justice for black Americans. That movement is not idiotic, violent, or racist."

You would have been fine with the rise of black militancy, dozens of cities burning, rampant looting and rioting, hundreds dead, and thousands injured?

Or would those in that movement have been accused of doing it wrong, too?

Of course it is.

"Discussing all these issues, including the importance of peaceful protest and discerning the difference between thoughtful and meaningful protest and rioting/looting, is very important developmentally for young adults."

If young adults haven't yet figured out that it's wrong to break windows, set cars on fire, and throw bricks at police officers, perhaps they're at the wrong kind of institution.

I'd love to have seen what you would have said about the civil rights protests in the 60's.

Were they idiotic, violent, and racist too?

I find it hilarious that you even attempt to equate this BLM sh*# show with the civil rights movement of the sixties. Are you trying to work out your comedy routine on us before taking it on the road?

Not sure what happened to the body of my post.

So you would have been OK with the rise of black militants, dozens of cities burning, hundreds killed, and thousands injured during the protests and widespread looting and rioting?

Or would they have been doing it wrong, too?
SupplyChainPack

"Princeton faces federal probe for admitting racism remains 'embedded' there"

https://nypost.com/2020/09/17/princeton-faces-federal-probe-for-saying-racism-is-embedded-there/

It's going to be interesting to see if Princeton continues to self-identify as horrible anti-black racist miscreants if it costs them 10s of millions of federal dollars in doing so.

Should be interesting....
IseWolf22
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Now NC State promotes this Marxist domestic terrorist group on their uniforms too:

The PackUnited approach seems situationally appropriate.

Y'all were destined to be disappointed if you didn't think we'd acknowledge the movement in some way.

Yep, this was going to happen.
Be happy "BLM" is not there. There were probably some discussions about the org vs the movement and this was their compromise.
And is the black power fist even controversial anymore? It's existed forever. It's been on t shirts for decades.
FlossyDFlynt
IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Now NC State promotes this Marxist domestic terrorist group on their uniforms too:

Y'all were destined to be disappointed if you didn't think we'd acknowledge the movement in some way.

Be happy "BLM" is not there. There were probably some discussions about the org vs the movement and this was their compromise.
And is the black power fist even controversial anymore? It's existed forever. It's been on t shirts for decades.
It is a communist symbol as well as a BLM symbol, which has been connected (arguable, I know..) to marxism. If everyone wants to make the argument that statues have meaning behind them, then you cannot argue that symbols do not. The swastika is still used by Hindu/Buddhist as a symbol of divinity and spirituality, but thats not what people think about when they see it.

As I said in my previous post, I have zero issues with the message. As for the symbolism that comes along with it, I just wish they have chosen differently.
caryking
IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I don't have a problem with it if you don't have a problem with the confederate flag...
IseWolf22
FlossyDFlynt said:

IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

It is a communist symbol as well as a BLM symbol, which has been connected (arguable, I know..) to marxism. If everyone wants to make the argument that statues have meaning behind them, then you cannot argue that symbols do not. The swastika is still used by Hindu/Buddhist as a symbol of divinity and spirituality, but thats not what people think about when they see it.

As I said in my previous post, I have zero issues with the message. As for the symbolism that comes along with it, I just wish they have chosen differently.

Not arguing about statues, or the Confederate flag. In general people get far too worked up over symbols IMO.
But the graphic on that patch is much more readily identifiable with the black power movement of the 60s, not communist movements. Communists did use the raised fist before and since, but it's been used as far back as the French resolution. I just can't get worked up over a symbol kids that I frequently saw worn in highschool in the 2000s
FlossyDFlynt
IseWolf22 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Not arguing about statues, or the Confederate flag. In general people get far too worked up over symbols IMO.
But the graphic on that patch is much more readily identifiable with the black power movement of the 60s, not communist movements. Communists did use the raised fist before and since, but it's been used as far back as the French resolution. I just can't get worked up over a symbol kids that I frequently saw worn in highschool in the 2000s
Definitely agree on this part, but I am going to disagree on the second part. I saw kids in high school with Che Guevara and Confederate flag shirts, doesnt mean they are fine in today's hyper sensitive world.

Im not worked up about the patch. Im still going to watch and probably yell at my TV a lot, like I would any other State sporting event. My point is that even if they are using it as a symbol of unity, that symbol has other nefarious connotations associated with it. To ignore those connotations is ignorant.
IseWolf22
FlossyDFlynt said:

IseWolf22 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Definitely agree on this part, but I am going to disagree on the second part. I saw kids in high school with Che Guevara and Confederate flag shirts, doesnt mean they are fine in today's hyper sensitive world.

Im not worked up about the patch. Im still going to watch and probably yell at my TV a lot, like I would any other State sporting event. My point is that even if they are using it as a symbol of unity, that symbol has other nefarious connotations associated with it. To ignore those connotations is ignorant.

People interpret the same image differently *shrug*. I'm not going to get worked up over culture war BS just because the left is.

I bet if you showed every American that exact image and asked what it stood for, a large majority would say "black power" and not communism.
The Confederate flag would be much more mixed. Che is funny because I don't think 95% of people who wear his image have any idea what he actually did or stood for.
SupplyChainPack
Do you think bubba wallace overreacted to the symbol of a noose?
Ripper
IseWolf22 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

IseWolf22 said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

McFly, are you in there? The black power movements in the 60's were in large part Marxist movements.
acslater1344
If nothing else, I'm really excited for woke athletes at the college level to drive some of our more disgusting posters away from college sports all together. It's a beautiful thing.
caryking
I think the real issue is, as stated above, people, in general, get way too "triggered" by others and/or things. I could care less about other people's sayings or things. The only place that gets me fired up is when others get their panties in a wod without realizing they are doing the same thing.

We are seeing that example showing loud and clear with the raised black fist. I don't support the thinking of this as being acceptable when we have People that are not willing to accept statues, confederate flag, etc... it's just crazy, in my mind, the hypocrisy of this thinking.

I want to be triggered by the following:

BET
Black Caucus
Miss Black USA
What else?
packgrad
Guess this can fit in here. What a woke disaster in Steeler country.

Ripper
packgrad said:

Guess this can fit in here. What a woke disaster in Steeler country.

Looks like Villanueva is the only Steeler with his dignity intact. What is the fascination with honoring scumbags?
Civilized
caryking said:

I think the real issue is, as stated above, people, in general, get way too "triggered" by others and/or things. I could care less about other people's sayings or things. The only place that gets me fired up is when others get their panties in a wod without realizing they are doing the same thing.

We are seeing that example showing loud and clear with the raised black fist. I don't support the thinking of this as being acceptable when we have People that are not willing to accept statues, confederate flag, etc... it's just crazy, in my mind, the hypocrisy of this thinking.

BET
Black Caucus
Miss Black USA
What else?

*** are you talking about?
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

BET
Black Caucus
Miss Black USA
What else?

I'm talking about exactly what I said. I'm not sure I understand your question...
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

BET
Black Caucus
Miss Black USA
What else?

I'm talking about exactly what I said. I'm not sure I understand your question...

What are you talking about when you say you "want to be triggered" by BET, the Black Caucus, etc?

caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

BET
Black Caucus
Miss Black USA
What else?

What are you talking about when you say you "want to be triggered" by BET, the Black Caucus, etc?

It was meant to be satirical. It's interesting that you commented on that part of my post?
Ripper
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

BET
Black Caucus
Miss Black USA
What else?

It was meant to be satirical. It's interesting that you commented on that part of my post?
He was "triggered".
DrummerboyWolf
Figured here would be good place for this. BLM is scrubbing their anti-American Marxist language from their web site. I wonder why in the world would they be doing that?

https://thepostmillennial.com/exposed-blm-quietly-scrubs-anti-american-marxist-language-from-its-website
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packgrad
DrummerboyWolf said:

Figured here would be good place for this. BLM is scrubbing their anti-American Marxist language from their web site. I wonder why in the world would they be doing that?

https://thepostmillennial.com/exposed-blm-quietly-scrubs-anti-american-marxist-language-from-its-website

Dem polling strikes again.
TheStorm
packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Yep. The Dems have been funding the riots from the very start...
Civilized
TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Yep. The Dems have been funding the riots from the very start...

LOLOLOL So you jumped from talking about BLM website verbiage changing to the Dems funding riots? Makes perfect sense.

Even reading that uber-right wing description of the language on their website it seems pretty clear that BLM is trying to reinforce that children raised by single moms, grandparents, aunts, uncles, or in less orthodox family settings aren't made to feel like second class citizens.

Or, if you're conspiratorial,

"Couched in language about liberation, this section intended to foster the idea that a person's immediate, nuclear family, mother, father, sisters, brothers, is less important than the movement."

The only person describing the nuclear family as "less important than the movement" is the Post Millennial author. Nobody on the BLM side is saying that.

What is threatening to any of you about not looking down on unorthodox family settings or fostering community bonds?

What would blowing up the nuclear family look like, anyway? Are they going to ban marriage? To euthanize fathers? To give tax incentives to single mothers as long as they stay single? What exactly are you afraid of?
TheStorm
I stand corrected... the riots are back on now again in Portland as of last night.
GuerrillaPack
Americans rejecting Leftist politicization of sports: NFL viewership continues to crash and burn, with "Monday Night Football" ratings down as much as 38%

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/crash-and-burn-monday-night-football-ratings-crater-some-games-down-38/
vanuel
Worth a listen.

DrummerboyWolf
Marcellus Wiley comes out and rips BLM for scrubbing their web site about the nuclear family.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/former-nfl-player-marcellus-wiley-rips-black-lives-matter-after-it-removes-page-on-disrupting-nuclear-family-structure
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packgrad
packgrad
packgrad
Terrorists

cowboypack02
packgrad said:

Terrorists

I think you misunderstand whats going on here..

those aren't firebombs.....they are fire starters and the purpose is to help the police stay warm through the night because there is a chill in the air.....peacefully of course
packgrad
An agenda driven media. I will be happy if he needs the police.

packgrad
Terrorists.

Wolfblood
packgrad said:

An agenda driven media. I will be happy if he needs the police.

Mark Jones has always come across to me as a real dick, but it seems I have even underestimated just how much.

My question is why do these police departments continue to provide security for any of these college or professional sporting events?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.