Wake to wear BLM on their helmets this season

33,001 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cowboypack02
GoPack2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Francis said:

statefan91 said:

Francis said:

King Leary said:

Are they supporting BLM the phrase or BLM the organization? Big difference
This is the big issue. Many are upset because the black athletes and coaches will not differentiate from the 2. When I see BLM on uniforms, shoes, helmets, etc.. that's telling me they support Marxist/Terrorist organization. Maybe most are uninformed, but sure its dividing people into different camps. I'm sure 100% of Pack nation agrees with the phrase, but it sure would be nice if Kevin Keatts would make a statement on how they really feel?
Can you let me know what terrorist attacks have been committed in the name of BLM? What were the death tolls? I can find a lot of terror events in the US due to right wing terrorism but let me know if you need me to track down that information for you.
Turn on the news!!! Cities are being burned and looted. People are getting assaulted, shot and a few instances killed. BLM has teamed up with Antifa and are supported by George Soros.

Lol. To quote something you said to me recently on another thread: "grow up."
DrummerboyWolf
packfan1221 said:

I don't care which it is. This is America. They have free speech and free press. So I dont care. I'm glad they are exercising their constitutionally protected freedoms. You can choose to feel however you want to. Just applaud the exercising of the freedoms they have been awarded.
They do have freedom of speech, but they need to this as individuals and not in the name of Wake Forest University, N. C. State University, the Carolina Panthers and so on. Especially pro sports. You are getting paid to represent that team. Protest all you want on your time. When you are representing somebody else then your rights are not guaranteed.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Ground_Chuck
Not that most care, but here are some statistics related to the protests over the summer.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

Quote:

While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020. Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these or nearly 95% involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 or approximately 5% involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ground_Chuck
Wlfpackamk said:

If only the organization actually backed what the intention of the phrase is. Over $1 Billion dollars donated and not one penny has helped a community. They have some nice buses though.
Do you have a link for the $1 billion number? I'm not seeing numbers greater than $10 million, but most of those articles are from around mid June.

Regarding the buses, are you talking about the Toronto Raptors buses? There was some memes/fake news going around saying they were owned by BLM.

Snopes did a write up on it with the original image.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/blm-buses-photo/
Smittywolf
I support free speech so I support the option of allowing the players to choose to do this. At the same time, the option to wear the confederate flag should be allowed as well. Equality goes both ways. If they start playing the national anthem after the team comes out of the tunnel somebody is going to kneel. That would be on the athletic department and I would be out.
"If I could hit you, I would hit you so hard you would forget what school you were flipping too" - Drake Thomas on Sam Howell
packgrad
Meh. Down with college sports too then I guess. Two more years to get their **** straight or PG bounces.
GoPack2008
Smittywolf said:

I support free speech so I support the option of allowing the players to choose to do this. At the same time, the option to wear the confederate flag should be allowed as well. Equality goes both ways. If they start playing the national anthem after the team comes out of the tunnel somebody is going to kneel. That would be on the athletic department and I would be out.

LOL. This is a joke right?

Their putting BLM on their helmets is NOT equivalent to you displaying or wearing a confederate flag.

You are, of course, free to do that. But it sounds like you want to do a thing that makes people angry without actually experiencing their anger toward you.
GoPack2008
Ground_Chuck said:

Not that most care, but here are some statistics related to the protests over the summer.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

Quote:

While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020. Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these or nearly 95% involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 or approximately 5% involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic.

Additionally, the leading cause of death among police officers in 2020 is the coronavirus.
MrStateFanGuy

I cannot imagine being so upset that black people don't want murdered by cops that you say you'll stop watching sports. What is wrong with some of you?
packgrad
MrStateFanGuy said:

I cannot imagine being so upset that black people don't want murdered by cops that you say you'll stop watching sports. What is wrong with some of you?

I cannot imagine being so ignorant to believe police murdering black people is a big problem in this country.
MrStateFanGuy
packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I cannot imagine being so ignorant to believe police murdering black people is a big problem in this country.
Wow. Yikes.
WolfQuacker
packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I can't imagine thinking that even a single use of excessive force that results in death isn't a HUGE matter. This is coming from a huge supporter of the Police as my dad moonlighted as an officer when I was a kid to help support us while getting his business up and going.

I will also say that I think systemic racism in policing is a problem, as well as in other areas of society. I am NOT a supporter of the BLM organization, but highly support the underlying message and efforts related to establishing equality across the board for everyone. I also don't have a problem with Wake choosing to do this. If State does similar, I really hope it's not BLM, but will support it either way.
packgrad
WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I can't imagine thinking that even a single use of excessive force that results in death isn't a HUGE matter. This is coming from a huge supporter of the Police as my dad moonlighted as an officer when I was a kid to help support us while getting his business up and going.

I will also say that I think systemic racism in policing is a problem, as well as in other areas of society. I am NOT a supporter of the BLM organization, but highly support the underlying message and efforts related to establishing equality across the board for everyone. I also don't have a problem with Wake choosing to do this. If State does similar, I really hope it's not BLM, but will support it either way.

Oh, I think the murder of innocent black people is terrible. I don't think black lives are indiscriminately being taken by police though. The whole narrative is horse*****
GoPack2008
WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I appreciate your take on this.

I'm curious what your concern about the "BLM organization" is, though. It's my understanding that there isn't a central BLM organization, rather it's a diffuse movement of protest that people take part in.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Oh, I think the murder of innocent black people is terrible. I don't think black lives are indiscriminately being taken by police though. The whole narrative is horse*****
You uh, sure you're not racist?

Cuz buddy, this is pretty damn racist.

"I think black people upset over the killing of black people by police officers are full of ****" is a position you are perfectly entitled to, but it's definitely, definitely racist.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

"I think black people upset over the killing of black people by police officers are full of ****" is a position you are perfectly entitled to, but it's definitely, definitely racist.

It's not racist at all. I mean if we're using definitions and all. I know the woke like to make up words and definitions though.
GuerrillaPack
Why are my posts getting deleted?

I'll say it again...

I'm so sick and tired of all of this.

Why is it that what is, as a matter of fact, a domestic terrorist organization, is being promoted like this?
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

It's not racist at all. I mean if we're using definitions and all. I know the woke like to make up words and definitions though.

You said quite clearly you think the narrative is horse *****

Maybe that isn't racist, but it does look pretty damn racist, you gotta admit. But I could be wrong, so let's discuss:

Why do you think so many black people think it's not horse ***** Do you think they've been deceived? If so, by whom? Do you think they're pushing it disingenuously for some sort of ulterior motive? If so, why? Is it something else entirely that I haven't asked?
Bas2020
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Maybe that isn't racist, but it does look pretty damn racist, you gotta admit. But I could be wrong, so let's discuss:

Why do you think so many black people think it's not horse ***** Do you think they've been deceived? If so, by whom? Do you think they're pushing it disingenuously for some sort of ulterior motive? If so, why? Is it something else entirely that I haven't asked?

If it's so pervasive why do they have to blatantly make up or manufacture cases of racism like Jessee Smollett, Michael Brown, Bubba Wallace etc ?

Seems if this was such a real issue you wouldn't have to deceive or make up fairy tales ...

GuerrillaPack
You want to talk about racism? It's racist that all white people are being put on a guilt trip over the statistically rare cases of police unjustifiabably killing a black person.

Oh, and btw, more white people are murdered by police in America than black people -- if we want to actually look at facts and data and look at this rationally...as opposed to being whipped into a hysteria over a few individual cases by the communist/Leftist Establishment.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GoPack2008
Bas2020 said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

If it's so pervasive why do they have to blatantly make up or manufacture cases of racism like Jessee Smollett, Michael Brown, Bubba Wallace etc ?

Seems if this was such a real issue you wouldn't have to deceive or make up fairy tales ...

Who is "they?" All black people?

Do you think all, or even most, black people are fabricating this issue?
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Yes. I can disagree with a black narrative and it not be racist. I know that's traumatizing for you to hear, but it's true.

To the rest of your questions, yes.
GoPack2008
GuerrillaPack said:

You want to talk about racism? It's racist that all white people are being put on a guilt trip over the statistically rare cases of police unjustifiabably killing a black person. Oh, and, more white people are murdered by police in America than black peoples...if we want to look at facts and data...and not be whipped into a hysteria over a few individual cases by the communist/Leftist Establishment.

Yes! We found common ground. More total white people are murdered by cops in America than black people! Absolutely! I care about this too.

Why should ANY person be murdered by police in America?
packgrad
Bas2020 said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Exactly. Why do they include Trayvon Martin in BLM?
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Yes. I can disagree with a black narrative and it not be racist. I know that's traumatizing for you to hear, but it's true.

You can indeed disagree with a position held by one or many black people without being racist.

I would suggest that thinking an entire group of people is lying, simply because of the color of their skin, is indeed the definition of racism.

To angrily and reflexively dismiss something as a "black narrative" as if it's representative of a monolithic "blackness," without actually being curious to understand where they are coming from is also pretty unequivocally racist.

It's not about whether you agree or disagree. It's about the assumptions that got you to that point, and the positions you take.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

You can indeed disagree with a position held by one or many black people without being racist.

I would suggest that thinking an entire group of people is lying, simply because of the color of their skin, is indeed the definition of racism.

To angrily and reflexively dismiss something as a "black narrative" as if it's representative of a monolithic "blackness," without actually being curious to understand where they are coming from is also pretty unequivocally racist.

It's not about whether you agree or disagree. It's about the assumptions that got you to that point, and the positions you take.

It's adorable how you try to justify disagreement equals racism. So woke. So stupid. Lol.

Is disagreeing with an entire group of people who disagree with BLM racist? Using your logic it has to be.
WarrenPeace
GoPack2008 said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I appreciate your take on this.

I'm curious what your concern about the "BLM organization" is, though. It's my understanding that there isn't a central BLM organization, rather it's a diffuse movement of protest that people take part in.

You are very misinformed.
SupplyChainPack
statefan91 said:

Sounds good

- Good way to continue to drive awareness for an issue they feel strongly about
- I believe the majority of their players are black so obviously something important to them
- Peaceful way to protest and raise awareness

It's an awful idea.
It's a violent, mob rule movement, based on a false premise, led and funded by marxists.

All happening while blacks are doing better than at any time in our nation's history - and better than they would do anywhere else on earth.
packgrad
Terrorists.

MrStateFanGuy
GuerrillaPack said:

You want to talk about racism? It's racist that all white people are being put on a guilt trip over the statistically rare cases of police unjustifiabably killing a black person.
Oh wow, cry me a friggin' river about that "guilt trip". Your life has not been made any harder in any significant way because you're white. That's not to say that your life isn't hard. But it hasn't been more difficult because you are white.

A guilt trip? GTFO. As a white person, any short-term "guilt trip" you're talking about pales in comparison to the stuff that our Black/Latino/Asian/Middle Eastern/etc. friends have gone through in this country for decades.
Ground_Chuck
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Black communities have been saying for decades that police treat in a certain way and white people, in general, haven't believed them. We didn't believe them because their description didn't match our experience.

Then we started seeing the videos, and things have changed.

Pacfanweb
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Disgusting. I hoped our colleges would stay above the fray. I won't watch pro sports anymore. Not sure what I'm going to do if the ACC starts parroting this.

I'll say it again... disgusting!
Byeeeeeeeeee. ESPN has professional cornhole coverage you can watch once you've decided you won't watch any sports where black people dare voice their opinion on social issues.
I don't want to watch ANY sports where ANY people voice their opinions about social issues.

It's entertainment. STFU and play. I couldn't care less what players, the vast majority of whom would not be in college based on their academics, think about anything, really, other than the game they're playing.

It's entertainment, not "time for social awareness lesson".

What's next? They going to start putting "Biden for President" or "Trump 2020" on their helmets because they're passionate about that?
SupplyChainPack
MrStateFanGuy said:

Well, it's a good thing they aren't being murdered by cops. Makes everything a lot easier.

I will be skipping all pro sports until they wake up from their wokeness.
Pacfanweb
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Oh, you're definitely wrong. The numbers bear that out.

Have they been deceived? Yes.
By whom? The Left. Democrats. And their own leaders, who make a lot more money off stoking the racial fires than by actually getting any perceived problems solved.
Ulterior motive? Yes, see the above, and then the BLM organization: Stated Marxists.

Just look at the facts. Go look at crime statistics. 13% of the population commits most of the crime, when you break it down by per capita. Hell, 13% of the population commits over half the murders straight up, not even breaking it down by percentages.
MrStateFanGuy
SupplyChainPack said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Well, it's a good thing they aren't being murdered by cops. Makes everything a lot easier.

I will be skipping all pro sports until they wake up from their wokeness.

Guess you missed how pro athletes have dealt with excessive force from the police as well.

But anyways, good for you. Nobody cares that you won't be watching. And if you're over 50 years old, I guarantee 100% that the networks who hand out those big TV rights fees don't care either.

Still can't imagine being that bothered by athletes voicing their opinion. That's pretty soft for folks who I presume loves living in a free country. Oh well. You do you. I'll be watching sports.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.