Wake to wear BLM on their helmets this season

33,000 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cowboypack02
Pacfanweb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I cannot imagine being so upset that black people don't want murdered by cops that you say you'll stop watching sports. What is wrong with some of you?

I cannot imagine being so ignorant to believe police murdering black people is a big problem in this country.
I can't imagine thinking that even a single use of excessive force that results in death isn't a HUGE matter. This is coming from a huge supporter of the Police as my dad moonlighted as an officer when I was a kid to help support us while getting his business up and going.

I will also say that I think systemic racism in policing is a problem, as well as in other areas of society. I am NOT a supporter of the BLM organization, but highly support the underlying message and efforts related to establishing equality across the board for everyone. I also don't have a problem with Wake choosing to do this. If State does similar, I really hope it's not BLM, but will support it either way.

Oh, I think the murder of innocent black people is terrible. I don't think black lives are indiscriminately being taken by police though. The whole narrative is horse*****
You uh, sure you're not racist?

Cuz buddy, this is pretty damn racist.

"I think black people upset over the killing of black people by police officers are full of ****" is a position you are perfectly entitled to, but it's definitely, definitely racist.
You improperly re-stated what he said. You went straight to the un-intellectual "I don't really have any facts on my side so here's this" of "Racist". When it was anything but.

He said:
"
Quote:

Oh, I think the murder of innocent black people is terrible. I don't think black lives are indiscriminately being taken by police though. The whole narrative is horse*****

"I don't think black lives are indiscriminately being taken by the police".

That's a big difference from "I think blacks upset over police killing black people are FOS"

Not what he said at all. He said he thinks that police aren't willy-nilly just killing blacks. And the numbers show that is EXACTLY the case. Police kill more whites than they do blacks.

Blacks kill more whites than whites kill blacks. Blacks kill more people than ANYONE. And they're only 13% of the population.

Police killings of blacks is such a small issue, that it really shouldn't even be an issue, compared to other types of killings.
If you look at a graph of all the blacks killed in any given year, the ones killed by police will be a TINY percentage. And then the ones that are controversial....TRULY controversial, meaning that "the police officer outright F-ed up"....those are an even smaller sliver of the total.

But every time the cell phone cameras come out, and something happens.....we never see the entire incident. We'll see a snippet. Enough to get everyone outraged. And THEN we'll eventually see the whole thing, and nearly every time we see it and say "Oh...no wonder it ended up where it did".

That is a fact. But before we finally see that complete video in all these very few cases, (relatively speaking) the protests and riots and reporting and outrage has already happened. And you can't dial it back at that point.

jadawson
Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I cannot imagine being so upset that black people don't want murdered by cops that you say you'll stop watching sports. What is wrong with some of you?

I cannot imagine being so ignorant to believe police murdering black people is a big problem in this country.
I can't imagine thinking that even a single use of excessive force that results in death isn't a HUGE matter. This is coming from a huge supporter of the Police as my dad moonlighted as an officer when I was a kid to help support us while getting his business up and going.

I will also say that I think systemic racism in policing is a problem, as well as in other areas of society. I am NOT a supporter of the BLM organization, but highly support the underlying message and efforts related to establishing equality across the board for everyone. I also don't have a problem with Wake choosing to do this. If State does similar, I really hope it's not BLM, but will support it either way.

"I think black people upset over the killing of black people by police officers are full of ****" is a position you are perfectly entitled to, but it's definitely, definitely racist.

It's not racist at all. I mean if we're using definitions and all. I know the woke like to make up words and definitions though.

You said quite clearly you think the narrative is horse *****

Maybe that isn't racist, but it does look pretty damn racist, you gotta admit. But I could be wrong, so let's discuss:

Why do you think so many black people think it's not horse ***** Do you think they've been deceived? If so, by whom? Do you think they're pushing it disingenuously for some sort of ulterior motive? If so, why? Is it something else entirely that I haven't asked?
Oh, you're definitely wrong. The numbers bear that out.

Have they been deceived? Yes.
By whom? The Left. Democrats. And their own leaders, who make a lot more money off stoking the racial fires than by actually getting any perceived problems solved.
Ulterior motive? Yes, see the above, and then the BLM organization: Stated Marxists.

Just look at the facts. Go look at crime statistics. 13% of the population commits most of the crime, when you break it down by per capita. Hell, 13% of the population commits over half the murders straight up, not even breaking it down by percentages.
Human beings aren't a statistic. Unless you think race is a factor in why someone chooses to commit a crime then these statistics are meaningless. Poverty/income inequality is the cause of most criminal behavior and that has been studied and proven time and time again. Breaking down stats like this without discussing poverty percentages or historical context as to why those percentages exist is dishonest.

Also you were on a good path in the 1st paragraph. It's a perfectly defensible position to take to think the people are being misled and not looking at facts properly. But when you go from "Black people aren't being indiscriminately killed by police" to "why? look at the facts, black people are the criminals" it does make someone question where you're coming from.
Pacfanweb
jadawson said:

Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

It's not racist at all. I mean if we're using definitions and all. I know the woke like to make up words and definitions though.

Maybe that isn't racist, but it does look pretty damn racist, you gotta admit. But I could be wrong, so let's discuss:

Why do you think so many black people think it's not horse ***** Do you think they've been deceived? If so, by whom? Do you think they're pushing it disingenuously for some sort of ulterior motive? If so, why? Is it something else entirely that I haven't asked?

By whom? The Left. Democrats. And their own leaders, who make a lot more money off stoking the racial fires than by actually getting any perceived problems solved.
Ulterior motive? Yes, see the above, and then the BLM organization: Stated Marxists.

Just look at the facts. Go look at crime statistics. 13% of the population commits most of the crime, when you break it down by per capita. Hell, 13% of the population commits over half the murders straight up, not even breaking it down by percentages.
Human beings aren't a statistic. Unless you think race is a factor in why someone chooses to commit a crime then these statistics are meaningless. Poverty/income inequality is the cause of most criminal behavior and that has been studied and proven time and time again. Breaking down stats like this without discussing poverty percentages or historical context as to why those percentages exist is dishonest.

Also you were on a good path in the 1st paragraph. It's a perfectly defensible position to take to think the people are being misled and not looking at facts properly. But when you go from "Black people aren't being indiscriminately killed by police" to "why? look at the facts, black people are the criminals" it does make someone question where you're coming from.
It's not just poverty. There are FAR more whites in poverty than are blacks. Almost 3X more.

Why aren't they committing most of the crime, then? Why are blacks committing over 50% of homicides, year after year, while being only 13% of the population?

If it was poverty, then whites should be leading all those categories. And they're not.

It's the culture. Poverty certainly doesn't help, but the culture is the #1 thing, and that means a TON of things that need to be fixed.

And blacks AREN'T "indiscriminately killed by the police". Not any more than whites. But whites don't film every encounter and then cherry pick the worse looking part of it and start riots over it when one of them are killed and it's questionable.

So the point stands. The police are human beings, and human beings f-up sometimes. And when you're in a job like that, that's really bad occasionally.
But the numbers simply don't show that it happens to blacks (killings) more than it does to whites.....yet they DO show that blacks commit a lot more crime per capita and therefore have more encounters with police per capita.....so it's pretty easy to see why they think the cops are picking on them, whether that's right or not.
MrStateFanGuy
WarrenPeace
Need to do what the English Premier League has done. Get rid of the BLM mess and put a "No racism" patch on the shirts.
WarrenPeace
GuerrillaPack said:

Why are my posts getting deleted?

I'll say it again...

I'm so sick and tired of all of this.

Why is it that what is, as a matter of fact, a domestic terrorist organization, is being promoted like this?

I was wondering the same thing. All I did was tell a poster he was misinformed and my post was deleted.
Smittywolf
GoPack2008 said:

Smittywolf said:

I support free speech so I support the option of allowing the players to choose to do this. At the same time, the option to wear the confederate flag should be allowed as well. Equality goes both ways. If they start playing the national anthem after the team comes out of the tunnel somebody is going to kneel. That would be on the athletic department and I would be out.

LOL. This is a joke right?

Their putting BLM on their helmets is NOT equivalent to you displaying or wearing a confederate flag.

You are, of course, free to do that. But it sounds like you want to do a thing that makes people angry without actually experiencing their anger toward you.
I am very serious. I am not a die hard flag supporter but if you want to have free speech then have free speech. BLM is an extremely racist and divisive organization. At least with the flag it was "the way it was back then" and a different time with a different way of life. BLM is nothing but hate. They do absolutely NOTHING for the black race. Nothing! Name one thing that they have done besides spread hate and violence. Give me one example of something positive that they have done for the black community.
"If I could hit you, I would hit you so hard you would forget what school you were flipping too" - Drake Thomas on Sam Howell
GoPack2008
Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

You improperly re-stated what he said. You went straight to the un-intellectual "I don't really have any facts on my side so here's this" of "Racist". When it was anything but.

He said:
"
Quote:

That's a big difference from "I think blacks upset over police killing black people are FOS"

Not what he said at all. He said he thinks that police aren't willy-nilly just killing blacks. And the numbers show that is EXACTLY the case. Police kill more whites than they do blacks.

Blacks kill more whites than whites kill blacks. Blacks kill more people than ANYONE. And they're only 13% of the population.

Police killings of blacks is such a small issue, that it really shouldn't even be an issue, compared to other types of killings.
If you look at a graph of all the blacks killed in any given year, the ones killed by police will be a TINY percentage. And then the ones that are controversial....TRULY controversial, meaning that "the police officer outright F-ed up"....those are an even smaller sliver of the total.

But every time the cell phone cameras come out, and something happens.....we never see the entire incident. We'll see a snippet. Enough to get everyone outraged. And THEN we'll eventually see the whole thing, and nearly every time we see it and say "Oh...no wonder it ended up where it did".

That is a fact. But before we finally see that complete video in all these very few cases, (relatively speaking) the protests and riots and reporting and outrage has already happened. And you can't dial it back at that point.

You seem to be splitting hairs without much significance, and also confused in your read of my post.

"The whole narrative is horse****"="people who are making this case are full of *****"

These aren't the concrete, literal same words. But is a synthesis of the same idea.

Is not what I was addressing. It's also a weird, sort of vague statement. "Indiscriminately" could mean "randomly" a "unsystematically," in which case packgrad would have actually agreed with the BLM movement without realizing it. "Indiscriminately" can also mean without care or reasonable judgment, in which case this becomes a self-defining perspective because one can always say that every murder of a black person by police was "within reasonable judgment" if they work hard enough to justify it.

And since you've chosen to try to argue your case through pedantry:

"But every time the cell phone cameras come out, and something happens.....we never see the entire incident. We'll see a snippet. Enough to get everyone outraged. And THEN we'll eventually see the whole thing, and nearly every time we see it and say "Oh...no wonder it ended up where it did".

That is a fact."

No, it isn't. That's literally your opinion. Plenty of people see the evidence and DON'T conclude the same thing you do.

Which, to be clear, you get an opinion. But you really do need to know the difference between a fact and your own opinion.
GoPack2008
Pacfanweb said:

jadawson said:

Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

It's not just poverty. There are FAR more whites in poverty than are blacks. Almost 3X more.

Why aren't they committing most of the crime, then? Why are blacks committing over 50% of homicides, year after year, while being only 13% of the population?

If it was poverty, then whites should be leading all those categories. And they're not.

It's the culture. Poverty certainly doesn't help, but the culture is the #1 thing, and that means a TON of things that need to be fixed.

And blacks AREN'T "indiscriminately killed by the police". Not any more than whites. But whites don't film every encounter and then cherry pick the worse looking part of it and start riots over it when one of them are killed and it's questionable.

So the point stands. The police are human beings, and human beings f-up sometimes. And when you're in a job like that, that's really bad occasionally.
But the numbers simply don't show that it happens to blacks (killings) more than it does to whites.....yet they DO show that blacks commit a lot more crime per capita and therefore have more encounters with police per capita.....so it's pretty easy to see why they think the cops are picking on them, whether that's right or not.
"Blacks" is such a freaking weird way of phrasing things. Attacking "the culture" as the cause is...eyebrow raising. It implies that they're culturally inferior and more culturally prone to violence and, well, that's...I mean you need to understand how that looks to another person.

Most mass shootings are committed by white men. Are white men more prone to violence? Is it a problem of culture?

You point out that cops are humans--do you see "blacks" as humans? You seem quick to dismiss other explanations of crime in black communities, while simultaneously justifying actions by cops. You may not even notice this, but it's pretty striking.

Lastly, more black people, per capita, are killed by police than white people. When you add a denominator, it's very clear why people are upset.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Yes. I can disagree with a black narrative and it not be racist. I know that's traumatizing for you to hear, but it's true.

To the rest of your questions, yes.

You can indeed disagree with a position held by one or many black people without being racist.

I would suggest that thinking an entire group of people is lying, simply because of the color of their skin, is indeed the definition of racism.

To angrily and reflexively dismiss something as a "black narrative" as if it's representative of a monolithic "blackness," without actually being curious to understand where they are coming from is also pretty unequivocally racist.

It's not about whether you agree or disagree. It's about the assumptions that got you to that point, and the positions you take.

It's adorable how you try to justify disagreement equals racism. So woke. So stupid. Lol.

Is disagreeing with an entire group of people who disagree with BLM racist? Using your logic it has to be.
"You can indeed disagree with a position held by one or many black people without being racist."

I said the exact opposite of what you think I said. Try actually reading what's been written.
GoPack2008
Smittywolf said:

GoPack2008 said:

Smittywolf said:

I support free speech so I support the option of allowing the players to choose to do this. At the same time, the option to wear the confederate flag should be allowed as well. Equality goes both ways. If they start playing the national anthem after the team comes out of the tunnel somebody is going to kneel. That would be on the athletic department and I would be out.

Their putting BLM on their helmets is NOT equivalent to you displaying or wearing a confederate flag.

You are, of course, free to do that. But it sounds like you want to do a thing that makes people angry without actually experiencing their anger toward you.
I am very serious. I am not a die hard flag supporter but if you want to have free speech then have free speech. BLM is an extremely racist and divisive organization. At least with the flag it was "the way it was back then" and a different time with a different way of life. BLM is nothing but hate. They do absolutely NOTHING for the black race. Nothing! Name one thing that they have done besides spread hate and violence. Give me one example of something positive that they have done for the black community.
"The black race." Welp.

The confederate flag represents slavery to a lot of people. You may say you're "celebrating heritage" or "it was about states rights," but it was about the heritage of slavery and the rights of states to keep owning slaves.

To my knowledge, BLM has no connecting to slavery or lynchings or anything of the sort. So, false equivalence.

Of course you get free speech. You can wave a confederate flag all you want. It's not a crime. That's all that's protected by free speech. People can call it racist, or object to it, or #cancel you, or anything else they want that isn't illegal because that's also free speech.

Lastly, what is this mythical "organization?" Who's the president of it? Where do they hold their meetings? How does one become a member of it?
GoPack2008
WarrenPeace said:

GoPack2008 said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

I appreciate your take on this.

I'm curious what your concern about the "BLM organization" is, though. It's my understanding that there isn't a central BLM organization, rather it's a diffuse movement of protest that people take part in.

You are very misinformed.
Maybe I am. I did say it was my understanding, so I'm open to new information. I would welcome you informing me. Do you have links or sources you can share that would correct my misinformation?
jadawson
Pacfanweb said:

jadawson said:

Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Yes there is a homicide issue within black communities, mostly in poverty stricken urban areas. That is something that needs to be discussed. But generally the outrage over police using force against black people isn't when they are arresting murderers, it is mostly for nonviolent offenders or completely innocent people.

The numbers show that black people are arrested more often than other races, not that they commit more crime than other races. Those are two very different things. Black people are over 3 times more likely to be arrested for petty marijuana possession than white people even though every single study shows that usage rates are nearly the exact same. The police aren't sending patrol cars through white neighborhoods on the regular or stopping and frisking white people on the regular. As one would expect, studies show that contraband is found on those who are searched for it. Studies have been performed in NC showing that black people are twice as likely to be pulled over by police for traffic stops, and the threshold for what constitutes a justifiable search is lower for black men.

I don't necessarily disagree with your last paragraph. Everybody is better off in a country where everyone trusts the police. I don't get why we cant have a conversation in good faith as a country without people taking a firm stance in opposition just because. It surely doesn't help black people who think that the police are out to get them when they protest an unjust use of police force that resulted in a death and a segment of the population nitpicks to look for a reason to justify why the person died (as if someone dying in a traffic stop should ever be an allowable conclusion if they didn't threaten the officer with a weapon). Every once in a while protests may spike up over something that shouldn't be defined as homicide. But people tend to hang their hats on that and ignore the situations like Philando Castile. If im the NRA i would have freaked out over Castile's death as he was a legal gun owner who was gunned down for no reason other than fear. And this wasn't a white/black thing as the officer was hispanic. It was a police/black thing.

packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Yes. I can disagree with a black narrative and it not be racist. I know that's traumatizing for you to hear, but it's true.

You can indeed disagree with a position held by one or many black people without being racist.

I would suggest that thinking an entire group of people is lying, simply because of the color of their skin, is indeed the definition of racism.

To angrily and reflexively dismiss something as a "black narrative" as if it's representative of a monolithic "blackness," without actually being curious to understand where they are coming from is also pretty unequivocally racist.

It's not about whether you agree or disagree. It's about the assumptions that got you to that point, and the positions you take.

It's adorable how you try to justify disagreement equals racism. So woke. So stupid. Lol.

Is disagreeing with an entire group of people who disagree with BLM racist? Using your logic it has to be.
"You can indeed disagree with a position held by one or many black people without being racist."

I said the exact opposite of what you think I said. Try actually reading what's been written.

No, you're trying so hard to make a comment racist.

"To angrily and reflexively dismiss something as a "black narrative" as if it's representative of a monolithic "blackness," without actually being curious to understand where they are coming from is also pretty unequivocally racist"

How many times are you going to cry wolf about racism?

BLM isn't just black people that are propagating a false narrative about black people. I'd argue it's more woke white people. To assert that someone isn't "curious" about where they are coming from after watching hours of riots and protests is just sheer ignorance. Why do you feel there is not enough info out there to see where they're coming from? They're a terrorist organization. They don't denounce the rioting, the looting, the killing. A black life to these terrorists only holds value if it was taken by a white police officer. It is staggering how stupid that position is to people that supposedly are trying to improve race relations.

But they're monolithically black in your eyes, so they need to be handled with kids gloves, because the truth shows their narrative is hogwash.
Civilized
MrStateFanGuy said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Wow. Yikes.

Welcome to the Brickyard!
ciscopack
I understand the hurt and things that have happened that should not have and I understand everyone should be treated equally! I'd also tell all black and all white people on earth if you add both races together.....you're less than 50%! You ain't as important as you think! Can't we treat every human as a good person and give them all the benefit of the doubt? If I was black seeing some of the crap....I'd be pissed too! Police have a tough job and need to be able to do things in certain instances to protect themselves but most of the lately big time instances were murder and nothing else. Brown, red, yellow and mixed are people too!!! Their lives matter!

In the US we should all be on the same team! People with different opinions but on the same team....pulling the rope in the same direction. In the 21st century earth is smaller than it was in the 1800's....the US and all nations must work to help make mankind tolerable with one another! Watching the 1st NFL game....fight for social justice is fine but don't take it too far! If you piss off white America and they quit watching football (the NFL had 46 of 50 top live broadcasts last year). Patrick M. next contract will be $150,000/year and Mike Kski will make $45,000/yr.. Can't we all get along?
Pacfanweb
It wasn't a police/black thing. It was a police officer who messed up. It didn't have anything to do with the color of Castile.
Again... These types of situations happen more often in encounters with police and white people than they do with police and black people.
You just don't see white people complaining about it all the time. And if they did, the media would not pick up on it anyway.

I will say this: I would not be surprised if police did view black people a bit differently since they are the ones that commit most of the crime per capita. Since they have so many run-ins with them, they probably do look at them a little more suspiciously. That's what their job has told them over the years.

But just like people here saying that black people feel the police pick on them too much... Even though numbers don't really show that's the case, at least not the actual crime numbers. I'm not talking about traffic stops and minor things.... Police probably do believe black people are criminals more often than they really are, based on perception they have gotten over the years. Just like the black people view the police. There has to be a common ground somewhere in there where it can be worked out.
PackBacker07
A lot of conservative snowflakes on here scared of college (and pro) athletes finally finding their voice and power.
Y'all means ALL.
jadawson
Pacfanweb said:

It wasn't a police/black thing. It was a police officer who messed up. It didn't have anything to do with the color of Castile.
Again... These types of situations happen more often in encounters with police and white people than they do with police and black people.
You just don't see white people complaining about it all the time. And if they did, the media would not pick up on it anyway.

I will say this: I would not be surprised if police did view black people a bit differently since they are the ones that commit most of the crime per capita. Since they have so many run-ins with them, they probably do look at them a little more suspiciously. That's what their job has told them over the years.

But just like people here saying that black people feel the police pick on them too much... Even though numbers don't really show that's the case, at least not the actual crime numbers. I'm not talking about traffic stops and minor things.... Police probably do believe black people are criminals more often than they really are, based on perception they have gotten over the years. Just like the black people view the police. There has to be a common ground somewhere in there where it can be worked out.
i definitely agree with the part after the ellipses.

Im done with the discussion for now as im getting off the computer and I dont come into the water cooler section often. Just wanted to say i appreciate you discussing this maturely with me. Have a good night.
Smittywolf
GoPack2008 said:

Smittywolf said:

GoPack2008 said:

Smittywolf said:

"The black race." Welp.

The confederate flag represents slavery to a lot of people. You may say you're "celebrating heritage" or "it was about states rights," but it was about the heritage of slavery and the rights of states to keep owning slaves.

To my knowledge, BLM has no connecting to slavery or lynchings or anything of the sort. So, false equivalence.

Of course you get free speech. You can wave a confederate flag all you want. It's not a crime. That's all that's protected by free speech. People can call it racist, or object to it, or #cancel you, or anything else they want that isn't illegal because that's also free speech.

Lastly, what is this mythical "organization?" Who's the president of it? Where do they hold their meetings? How does one become a member of it?
""The black race." Welp" ??? Not sure what that means.

I can see that you are on of those liberals that when they can't make a valid point they just kind of ramble and make statements that don't make a lot of sense. I know, I know. You will call me ignorant next, that's what the liberals do when they can't make a valid argument.

"#cancelyou" Is that a threat or a promise?

"Lastly, what is this mythical "organization?" " And if all else fails, then deny that the whole thing exists. Not there so they can't be doing anything wrong. Except for all of the donations that all of the large corporations are making that no one is asking where the money is going, probably because they are scared of being called racist. Is it Antifa or BLM that doesn't exist and is just a bunch of good old boys that are expressing their 1st Amendment Rights? At least those people are getting paid. You are just providing support for them and their business.

"If I could hit you, I would hit you so hard you would forget what school you were flipping too" - Drake Thomas on Sam Howell
packgrad
PackBacker07 said:

A lot of conservative snowflakes on here scared of college (and pro) athletes finally finding their voice and power.

A lot of woke liberals think turning off the tv equals scared. Too bad y'all are more interested in burning down buildings than watching sports so ratings will continue to decline, like every other woke sport.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

"To angrily and reflexively dismiss something as a "black narrative" as if it's representative of a monolithic "blackness," without actually being curious to understand where they are coming from is also pretty unequivocally racist"

BLM isn't just black people that are propagating a false narrative about black people. I'd argue it's more woke white people. To assert that someone isn't "curious" about where they are coming from after watching hours of riots and protests is just sheer ignorance. Why do you feel there is not enough info out there to see where they're coming from? They're a terrorist organization. They don't denounce the rioting, the looting, the killing. A black life to these terrorists only holds value if it was taken by a white police officer. It is staggering how stupid that position is to people that supposedly are trying to improve race relations.

But they're monolithically black in your eyes, so they need to be handled with kids gloves, because the truth shows their narrative is hogwash.
1) I don't think you understand what "crying wolf" means. No alarm is being raised here, just an opinion that offends you.

2) You're just illustrating my point. I'll elaborate:

-Dismissing hard evidence that black people are killed, per capita, more often by police than white people as "hore****"==racist

-Being more angry over the destruction of property than the murder of black people==racist. It means you value property more than the lives of black people.

You get to have your opinions. It's a free country. But don't be shocked if someone points out racism when they see it.
Civilized
WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

Great, balanced post.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

A lot of woke liberals think turning off the tv equals scared. Too bad y'all are more interested in burning down buildings than watching sports so ratings will continue to decline, like every other woke sport.
But I thought conservatives hated cancel culture?

Now y'all wanna cancel college sports and cancel your WPC memberships.

What's the deal?
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

1) I don't think you understand what "crying wolf" means. No alarm is being raised here, just an opinion that offends you.

2) You're just illustrating my point. I'll elaborate:

-Dismissing hard evidence that black people are killed, per capita, more often by police than white people as "hore****"==racist

-Being more angry over the destruction of property than the murder of black people==racist. It means you value property more than the lives of black people.

You get to have your opinions. It's a free country. But don't be shocked if someone points out racism when they see it.

Neither of your examples mean racist. Try again. Neither are even close to meaning someone is racist.

Don't be shocked if people call out your stupid "cry wolf"'s about racism. It's a free country though. You can have those stupid thoughts.
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

What's the deal?

People pay to watch sports. That it. Pretty simple if you have an ounce of intelligence.
Bas2020
GoPack2008 said:

Bas2020 said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

WolfQuacker said:

packgrad said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

If it's so pervasive why do they have to blatantly make up or manufacture cases of racism like Jessee Smollett, Michael Brown, Bubba Wallace etc ?

Seems if this was such a real issue you wouldn't have to deceive or make up fairy tales ...

Who is "they?" All black people?

Do you think all, or even most, black people are fabricating this issue?

Has there been even a shred of evidence that any of the police arrests /shootings have been racially motivated? Are these cops secret klan members ? Do they have racist social media ? What is the evidence ?

When Sessoms killed the Hinnant boy it's not racial ?

I'm confused on how one incident is deemed race related and the other is not ?

Heck many times the cops are black like in Baltimore and it's still called racist lol !!???

Black Pres
Black DA
Black Sheriff
Black Cops
Black City Council
Black suspect Freddie Gray

Fault : White people

Just literally crazy if you have even an ounce of common sense or rational fair thought .

Ripper
packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Some woke people riot, other woke people boycott great products like Goya, and the super virtue signaler woke put idiotic signs on their front lawns telling people that they are good.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

What's the deal?

People pay to watch sports. That it. Pretty simple if you have an ounce of intelligence.

Oh I understand it. And what you said is EXACTLY how cancel culture works. See the wonderful Goya example that Ripper just gave.
GoPack2008
Ripper said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Some woke people riot, other woke people boycott great products like Goya, and the super virtue signaler woke put idiotic signs on their front lawns telling people that they are good.

Are the people talking about boycotting football or the WPC woke?

Or is it only woke to cancel some things?
Pacfanweb
Ground_Chuck said:

King Leary said:

Are they supporting BLM the phrase or BLM the organization? Big difference
There is no BLM organization in any meaningful way.
https://blacklivesmatter.com/

https://blacklivesmatter.com/chapters/

They are significant and meaningful.
DrummerboyWolf
Pacfanweb said:

Ground_Chuck said:

King Leary said:

Are they supporting BLM the phrase or BLM the organization? Big difference
There is no BLM organization in any meaningful way.
https://blacklivesmatter.com/

https://blacklivesmatter.com/chapters/

They are significant and meaningful.
Read their charter. They want to destroy the nuclear family along with other things. Also look up Patrice Colours(I think that is how you spell it) on video saying her and the other founders are "trained Marxist." It's out there if you want to find it. Look up Marcellus Wiley, former NFL player and now a commentator and find his remarks on BLM. Another really easy to find if you want to look.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packgrad
GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

What's the deal?

Oh I understand it. And what you said is EXACTLY how cancel culture works. See the wonderful Goya example that Ripper just gave.

Goya didn't put TTTRRRRUUUMMMMPPP on their cans. Not apples to apples at all. But please continue...
Ripper
GoPack2008 said:

Ripper said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

Are the people talking about boycotting football or the WPC woke?

Or is it only woke to cancel some things?
you'd have to ask the boycotters.
GoPack2008
packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

GoPack2008 said:

packgrad said:

PackBacker07 said:

What's the deal?

Goya didn't put TTTRRRRUUUMMMMPPP on their cans. Not apples to apples at all. But please continue...

Oh, are we now making meaningless distinctions? Fun!

Here's one: you can't eat college football!

Boycotting something because it offends you is the essence or cancel culture. You're woke after all!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.