Wake to wear BLM on their helmets this season

33,310 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cowboypack02
SupplyChainPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

Apparently CBS is taking notice that people just want to watch sports.

Good. But I'm still not watching the ungrateful traitors.
DrummerboyWolf
Here you go. Just a little while ago in downtown Raleigh. BLM activists. And for you that do not know, that is the Wake County Sheriff's office and detention center on Salisbury Street in downtown.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Civilized
Pacfanweb said:

[
This whole line of BS that we are being fed that all black people have some cross to bear and have to live with this stuff daily is just b*******.

When you say "this stuff" what do you mean?
packgrad
Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

[
This whole line of BS that we are being fed that all black people have some cross to bear and have to live with this stuff daily is just b*******.

Not to speak for him, but stuff like this. Hyperbolic horse*****

DrummerboyWolf
I did not see a thread on this, but the two LA County Sheriff's deputies who were ambushed last night are expected to survive. I think both were shot in the head.

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

[

I'm a data guy so hyperbole isn't what resonates strongest with me either but I give folks grace with their frustration (about whatever) if they feel like they're not being heard.

This isn't limited to Black Americans and social justice. I see it with clients, my wife's class parents (she's a teacher), parents whose kids I coach, etc. Feeling like you're being truly heard is really, really important (and helpful) when there's a problem.
Pacfanweb
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

[

Exactly. Blacks have been told for so many decades now just how bad their plight is and how they're being "kept down by the system" that they simply repeat it to generation after generation, and they believe it.

Doesn't matter if you're like Lil Wayne, who says he's never encountered racism. I'd be willing to be that most black people have not as well. Not truly.

SupplyChainPack
Don't be let yourself be led around like a blind man.

Go out into the world with eyes wide open and judge it for what you actually see with your own eyes not what somebody tells you the world is.

If you were honest you simply could not conclude that there is any major racism issues prevalent in our nation. But to the extent that it exists, the preponderance of the racism is in two parts:
A) African American racism against Caucasians
B) the soft racism of white liberals who treat African Americans with lowered expectations.

cowboypack02
SupplyChainPack said:

Go out into the world without wide open and judge it for what you actually see with your own eyes not what somebody tells you the world is.

If you were honest you simply could not conclude that there is any major racism issues prevalent in our nation. But to the extent that it exists, the preponderance of the racism is in two parts:
B) the soft racism of white liberals who treat African Americans with lowered expectations.

This always amazes me.

Pacfanweb
SupplyChainPack said:

Go out into the world without wide open and judge it for what you actually see with your own eyes not what somebody tells you the world is.

Both of those examples are FAR more common than any racism towards blacks, and has been for a long time now.

"A", I've touched on...that's where this has been passed down and taught to young blacks for several generations now. They grow up hearing how they can't get a fair shake, whites hold them back, police hate them, etc.

So they think this because it's what they're taught. When a black person deals with a white person and the result isn't what they wanted, "It's racism". Anytime they're told "no", it's racism. They see racism because they've been TRAINED to see anything they don't like as that.

"B", is a more complicated issue. Lots of white guilt types do this, and don't even realize they are doing it. "Oh, those poor downtrodden blacks, they can't possibly be expected to do the right thing or learn like white kids, we'll create special classes for them so they can get better grades, or we'll create a new program to blow lots of money on so we can feel good about ourselves", etc.

They don't even realize just how racist that is.

Whereas the conservative approach is "Okay black people, you fought for equal rights, you got it 50 years ago. Now the world is your oyster. Go out and make the most of it". And then expecting them to actually take advantage of everything this country has to offer.

In reality...there has been concession after concession, advantage after advantage made and given to black people to help them get ahead, or at least get "up to speed".

Think about it: They can get admitted to college with lesser academic credentials, simply because of their color. They can get financial aid for the same reason.
They can get jobs over more-qualified white people at many places with hiring quotas.
The list goes on and on.

These types of things were specifically created to aid black people.

Yet since the Civil Rights era ended in the 60's, the black single mother rate has gone from in the 40% range to 73%.
The Great Society and the welfare state has destroyed the black family, which has led to blacks devaluing education and therefore, worse outcomes as adults.

So all the suggestions to stop the war on drugs, change sentencing, etc....they're all well and good, but they aren't going to change a thing. We can have police stop pulling black people at all, and it's not going to change things.
None of those things are why things are the way they are. Black men being so numerous in prison is not remotely why black kids are growing up without fathers. They wouldn't be doing their jobs as fathers if they were not in prison. The ones who are not in prison now aren't doing it.
That's a cultural thing, and it is what leads to the higher crime rates, and all the problems they have now.

They need better outcomes as adults. Period, end of story. That will only come with a cultural shift to where education is not shunned and fathers start doing their jobs. Until that happens, any other changes you make down the line is just polishing a turd. It's not going to help anything.

If you want to do like Civ wants, and make changes to the legal system as an olive branch to blacks in hopes they'll then come to the table and realize THEY are the ones who need to make the critical changes that will improve their outcomes....be my guest. But it's not going to help. Not enough to even make a ripple, until you fix the root of the problem. It's just another thing to make libs feel better.
GoPack2008
Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

[

Exactly. Blacks have been told for so many decades now just how bad their plight is and how they're being "kept down by the system" that they simply repeat it to generation after generation, and they believe it.

Doesn't matter if you're like Lil Wayne, who says he's never encountered racism. I'd be willing to be that most black people have not as well. Not truly.

Nobody knows what it's like to be black in America better than a white guy, that's for sure.

You've created a foolproof defense in your own mind:
-you doubt they've really experienced racism
-if they say they have, you think it's bull ****

Congrats! You never have to change.

To me an interesting question is what makes it so important for you to not believe that black people routinely encounter racism? Does it feel like an attack on this country? Something else?

Like I get the sense that you agree racism is bad, you just don't think it happens.
Pacfanweb
GoPack2008 said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

[

Nobody knows what it's like to be black in America better than a white guy, that's for sure.

Funny how you posted that right below a video of a black guy saying he's never experienced racism.
And many are now finally speaking up and saying the same thing.

I've seen many times where a black person has claimed racism and it wasn't so. In fact, had an older black lady try to say that about me at work once. I told her something wasn't covered by her warranty. She went around to the cashier's desk and was talking with them and said I wouldn't help her because she was black.
But then our black porters stepped up and defended me, saying of all white people there's no way I was treating her like that and she was just saying that because she didn't get the answer she wanted, and she backed off.
Guaranteed that wasn't the first time she'd done that.

Point is, they have been trained to think "racism" every time something doesn't agree with them. I've never said it doesn't exist....only that it's nowhere NEAR as prevalent as they'd have us believe. My views come from over 50 years of seeing black people claim racism where it isn't. I've also seen racism happen, up close. I know the difference. But I've seen FAR more cases of it being claimed or accused than of it really being the case.

SupplyChainPack
Pacfanweb said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Both of those examples are FAR more common than any racism towards blacks, and has been for a long time now.

"A", I've touched on...that's where this has been passed down and taught to young blacks for several generations now. They grow up hearing how they can't get a fair shake, whites hold them back, police hate them, etc.

So they think this because it's what they're taught. When a black person deals with a white person and the result isn't what they wanted, "It's racism". Anytime they're told "no", it's racism. They see racism because they've been TRAINED to see anything they don't like as that.

"B", is a more complicated issue. Lots of white guilt types do this, and don't even realize they are doing it. "Oh, those poor downtrodden blacks, they can't possibly be expected to do the right thing or learn like white kids, we'll create special classes for them so they can get better grades, or we'll create a new program to blow lots of money on so we can feel good about ourselves", etc.

They don't even realize just how racist that is.

Whereas the conservative approach is "Okay black people, you fought for equal rights, you got it 50 years ago. Now the world is your oyster. Go out and make the most of it". And then expecting them to actually take advantage of everything this country has to offer.

In reality...there has been concession after concession, advantage after advantage made and given to black people to help them get ahead, or at least get "up to speed".

Think about it: They can get admitted to college with lesser academic credentials, simply because of their color. They can get financial aid for the same reason.
They can get jobs over more-qualified white people at many places with hiring quotas.
The list goes on and on.

These types of things were specifically created to aid black people.

Yet since the Civil Rights era ended in the 60's, the black single mother rate has gone from in the 40% range to 73%.
The Great Society and the welfare state has destroyed the black family, which has led to blacks devaluing education and therefore, worse outcomes as adults.

So all the suggestions to stop the war on drugs, change sentencing, etc....they're all well and good, but they aren't going to change a thing. We can have police stop pulling black people at all, and it's not going to change things.
None of those things are why things are the way they are. Black men being so numerous in prison is not remotely why black kids are growing up without fathers. They wouldn't be doing their jobs as fathers if they were not in prison. The ones who are not in prison now aren't doing it.
That's a cultural thing, and it is what leads to the higher crime rates, and all the problems they have now.

They need better outcomes as adults. Period, end of story. That will only come with a cultural shift to where education is not shunned and fathers start doing their jobs. Until that happens, any other changes you make down the line is just polishing a turd. It's not going to help anything.

If you want to do like Civ wants, and make changes to the legal system as an olive branch to blacks in hopes they'll then come to the table and realize THEY are the ones who need to make the critical changes that will improve their outcomes....be my guest. But it's not going to help. Not enough to even make a ripple, until you fix the root of the problem. It's just another thing to make libs feel better.

Post of the month.
GuerrillaPack
Now NC State promotes this Marxist domestic terrorist group on their uniforms too:

caryking
GuerrillaPack said:

Now NC State promotes this Marxist domestic terrorist group on their uniforms too:

That's a real disappointment!
SupplyChainPack
I was afraid this was coming. Still, was hoping our guys could do a little better.
SupplyChainPack
I wonder if they've made coach DD wash their feet and beg them for forgiveness yet?

Or maybe he's the one running laps.
packgrad
Felt the same.
Civilized
GuerrillaPack said:

The PackUnited approach seems situationally appropriate.

Y'all were destined to be disappointed if you didn't think we'd acknowledge the movement in some way.
FlossyDFlynt
I think the message of the patch is fine. The symbol on the other hand....not what I would have done, but Im not on the team.

Not gonna stop me from watching though.
Colonel Armstrong
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Y'all were destined to be disappointed if you didn't think we'd acknowledge the movement in some way.
Yeah Pack United is a good middle ground
SupplyChainPack
Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Who hasn't acknowledged the movement?

It's just that it is idiotic, violent, and racist.

But I haven't seen anyone not acknowledge that it doesn't exist. It's hard not to acknowledge that they exist when they're burning down your business.
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

Civilized said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Who hasn't acknowledged the movement?

It's just that it is idiotic, violent, and racist.

But I haven't seen anyone not acknowledge that it doesn't exist. It's hard not to acknowledge that they exist when they're burning down your business.

If y'all want to keep conflating the organization and the social justice movement, that's your prerogative but it's tilting at windmills.

The movement is a general show of support for social justice for black Americans. That movement is not idiotic, violent, or racist.

There was zero chance that our team didn't show their support for the movement.

Knowing Doeren, I'd imagine his approach was extremely thoughtful and likely prominently involved the teams' leadership council. Discussing all these issues, including the importance of peaceful protest and discerning the difference between thoughtful and meaningful protest and rioting/looting, is very important developmentally for young adults.

I'd bet my house Doeren used it as a learning and leadership opportunity for him, his staff, and team leaders. I bet if we were a fly on the wall in those rooms when the discussions were taking place, we'd be proud of what was said and how it was handled.
packgrad
If it's anything like #1's twitter posts, I would not be proud.
SupplyChainPack
"The movement is a general show of support for social justice for black Americans. That movement is not idiotic, violent, or racist."

Of course it is.

"Discussing all these issues, including the importance of peaceful protest and discerning the difference between thoughtful and meaningful protest and rioting/looting, is very important developmentally for young adults."

If young adults haven't yet figured out that it's wrong to break windows, set cars on fire, and throw bricks at police officers, perhaps they're at the wrong kind of institution.
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

"The movement is a general show of support for social justice for black Americans. That movement is not idiotic, violent, or racist."

Of course it is.

"Discussing all these issues, including the importance of peaceful protest and discerning the difference between thoughtful and meaningful protest and rioting/looting, is very important developmentally for young adults."

If young adults haven't yet figured out that it's wrong to break windows, set cars on fire, and throw bricks at police officers, perhaps they're at the wrong kind of institution.

I'd love to have seen what you would have said about the civil rights protests in the 60's.

Were they idiotic, violent, and racist too?
Civilized
packgrad said:

If it's anything like #1's twitter posts, I would not be proud.

What/who is #1?

A uniform number or something else?
SupplyChainPack
Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Of course it is.

I'd love to have seen what you would have said about the civil rights protests in the 60's.

I find it hilarious that you even attempt to equate this BLM sh*# show with the civil rights movement of the sixties. Are you trying to work out your comedy routine on us before taking it on the road?

GoPack2008
Pacfanweb said:

GoPack2008 said:

Pacfanweb said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

Pacfanweb said:

[

Funny how you posted that right below a video of a black guy saying he's never experienced racism.
And many are now finally speaking up and saying the same thing.

I've seen many times where a black person has claimed racism and it wasn't so. In fact, had an older black lady try to say that about me at work once. I told her something wasn't covered by her warranty. She went around to the cashier's desk and was talking with them and said I wouldn't help her because she was black.
But then our black porters stepped up and defended me, saying of all white people there's no way I was treating her like that and she was just saying that because she didn't get the answer she wanted, and she backed off.
Guaranteed that wasn't the first time she'd done that.

Point is, they have been trained to think "racism" every time something doesn't agree with them. I've never said it doesn't exist....only that it's nowhere NEAR as prevalent as they'd have us believe. My views come from over 50 years of seeing black people claim racism where it isn't. I've also seen racism happen, up close. I know the difference. But I've seen FAR more cases of it being claimed or accused than of it really being the case.

Thank you for proving my entire point with this diatribe.

You only believe black people who say they've never experienced racism. You think the ones who say that have are, for the most part, either falsely claiming it or have been deceived into believing it. You'll probably grant that a small number of them are legit, which gives you an out in your argument.

It's a remarkable psychological construction that allows you to basically ignore anything that contradicts your view of the world in this regard.
GoPack2008
SupplyChainPack said:

Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Of course it is.

I find it hilarious that you even attempt to equate this BLM sh*# show with the civil rights movement of the sixties. Are you trying to work out your comedy routine on us before taking it on the road?

Attacking the question, rather than answering it. Nice.

The Civil Rights Movement used a lot of the same tactics and was extremely unpopular with certain segments of the population.

You guys are the reason for the protest. It is your disbelief that makes them necessary. That's why protests happen. If there was a large consensus around this issue, there wouldn't be a need for protest.
SupplyChainPack
^^ Pot, Kettle, etc. etc.
SupplyChainPack
"You guys are the reason for the protest. It is your disbelief that makes them necessary. That's why protests happen."

That's like the famous line, "Behead those who say Islam is violent!!!!"

Bas2020
FlossyDFlynt said:

I think the message of the patch is fine. The symbol on the other hand....not what I would have done, but Im not on the team.

Not gonna stop me from watching though.

Looks like the Pack athletics social media accounts are run by 18-24 yr old millennials with limited factual information for which they speak . Just regurgitated nonsense they pulled off a Shaun King twitter post . Heck many of them still drop Michael Browns name . Facts no longer matter . That Antifa fist symbol was on the neck of the domestic terrorist that murdered someone in Portland last week .

I'm partly giving these kids a pass because they are so young , 18-24 ish skulls full of mush but I don't give the adults in our administration a pass that know better .

DDs got much more important things to be doing right now but Boo Corrigan would be smart to get control of things before he loses a lot of support . This falls on him .
GuerrillaPack
These are not "protests", as if they are peaceful gatherings. They are mass RIOTS, and organized acts of terrorism and destruction of property.
Civilized
There's a really high likelihood they are run by college students or recent grads.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.