NCAA Regionals

34,189 Views | 328 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nryanh94
Bas2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas might score 20 tonight ....
Wolfpack
Good
CLTWolf
DJncsu13 said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Dang.. Texas is hitting beach balls out there. 8-1 and still batting in the 2nd

Pirates churning through arms too. 4th pitcher taking the mound through 1 1/3.
They hit any of those midweek guys yet or they saving those arms?
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
WolfQuacker
Why didn't they just play this tomorrow? 10:15 restart seems silly to me, but I guess is due to Texas travel should they advance?
PackCPA
WolfQuacker said:

Why didn't they just play this tomorrow? 10:15 restart seems silly to me, but I guess is due to Texas travel should they advance?
Read that the winner of this game has to play the first game Friday. Not sure the difference in tonight vs. tomorrow morning, but I guess the rules are the rules.
DJncsu13
Pirates were 6 outs away on Saturday and up 3 runs. That will haunt them for a long time.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
SportManagementEngineer
DJncsu13 said:

Pirates were 6 outs away on Saturday and up 3 runs. That will haunt them for a long time.
Yep. We know the feelings.

Add in VT who had their best chance in program history to make it to Omaha, but couldn't beat unseeded Oklahoma 2 out of 3. They may never have another chance like that.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfpack
SportManagementEngineer said:

DJncsu13 said:

Add in VT who had their best chance in program history to make it to Omaha, but couldn't beat unseeded Oklahoma 2 out of 3. They may never have another chance like that.

We think it only happens to us when it does, but it doesn't haha. Sports!
DJncsu13

DJncsu13 said:

There were a lot of folks who thought Oklahoma should've been hosting. I think them and ND both proved to be worthy.

Baseball is a funny sport. The first 24 outs can be the easiest you've ever gotten and the last 3 the toughest.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Civilized
DJncsu13 said:

DJncsu13 said:

There were a lot of folks who thought Oklahoma should've been hosting. I think them and ND both proved to be worthy.

Baseball is a funny sport. The first 24 outs can be the easiest you've ever gotten and the last 3 the toughest.

For sure.

It's what made Evan such a weapon last year. I was as confident with him coming in to lock it down as I ever could be with anyone but still there were no guarantees.
FlockaWolf
Great day to be a razorback and horns fan!
wilmwolf
I didn't really think UNC or ECU were worthy of a top 8 seed, and if they were, I'm still not sure how we didn't make the field. Either way, we're all sitting at home now.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Gopack80
Thank you Arkansas and Texas.

It would have been a nightmare for State fans to have to listen/watch UNC and ECU both make it to Omaha, in a year where we were utterly screwed out of a bid, and a year after the pain from getting booted from a shot at the national championship after not losing a game in the CWS.
Packsd14me
wilmwolf80 said:

I didn't really think UNC or ECU were worthy of a top 8 seed, and if they were, I'm still not sure how we didn't make the field. Either way, we're all sitting at home now.
ECU was, won 20 straight against lowly ranked teams after losing their second game to us. I am not sure why the committee ranked them so highly. I am not so sure what the committee thought on a lot of these seedings and pairings. Poor job overall. and sadly affects the tournament. For example, Tennessee vs Notre Dame and Louisville vs Tex A&M play while So Miss, Ga Southern and ECU host????

.....UNC got lucky to be paired with a team that lost to an under ranked Arkansas team.
PackCPA
wilmwolf80 said:

ECU was one of the worst over seeds I've seen for a national/top 8 seed. Racking up a bunch of wins in a one-bid conference and a win over Maryland is not a super regional host resume. Outside of Maryland, their record against quality teams was awful -- 0-2 against State, 1-2 against UNC, 0-1 against VT, 0-2 against Old Dominion.

UNC's seeding was about right in my mind. Winning the ACCT and series against ECU, Wake, FSU, Coastal, and State is a pretty strong resume.

Us not making the field is still a travesty, especially when you see Ole Miss in Omaha. No doubt in my mind we would've made some noise.
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpacklife said:

That's interesting!

Also weird as heck but I just got back from Colorado and they said they have Buffalo trace all of the time, it's Woodford that's hard to find. I love Woodford too so I told them we need to just have a meet up and swap in Missouri
One thing I did forget to add about the Buffalo Trace. The ABC stores only get deliveries once every quarter. Another reason it is in short supply.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
FourOaksWolf
Gopack80 said:

Thank you Arkansas and Texas.

It would have been a nightmare for State fans to have to listen/watch UNC and ECU both make it to Omaha, in a year where we were utterly screwed out of a bid, and a year after the pain from getting booted from a shot at the national championship after not losing a game in the CWS.

Sums it up totally for myself and many other State fans. Good riddance to both fan bases.

I can watch the College World Series now in peace.
TheStorm
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

That's interesting!

Also weird as heck but I just got back from Colorado and they said they have Buffalo trace all of the time, it's Woodford that's hard to find. I love Woodford too so I told them we need to just have a meet up and swap in Missouri
One thing I did forget to add about the Buffalo Trace. The ABC stores only get deliveries once every quarter. Another reason it is in short supply.
DBW... Check out the "All About Bourbon" thread... good stuff.
DrummerboyWolf
TheStorm said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

That's interesting!

DBW... Check out the "All About Bourbon" thread... good stuff.
I don't drink any hard liquor. Thanks. I only know this as I was looking some for my friend. First time I looked I found some. 2nd time I looked I had to hit about 3 stores. Since then, no luck, but again not for me.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
TheStorm
PackFansXL
The ACC's only CWS representative, ND, is currently leading UT 6 -1 middle of the 5th.
BigLefty24
The park out there plays to a lot of Notre Dames advantages.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Tom OBriens Smile
Its really tough to see them doing this on the same path State took.
FLWolf
Totally agree-I really hope ND can do some damage-
DecaturWolf
Liked the props announcers were giving to the Pack last night, saying ND knocked off #1 seed like the Pack did to Arkansas. And then saying ND, like the Pack before being cancelled, may be the best team right now among the field.
Posted for years as ColoradoWolf and Rick from Littleton. On Twitter as @espwapoujacmel
PackFansXL
It was nice to see ND shut down the arrogant UT folks. On the Horns' local station in Austin, they have already broken down their advantages against everyone in their side of the bracket. They were worried about UT Knoxville when the tourney brackets were announced because UT K beat UT A early this season. They thought getting to play ND would be easier, although the play-by-play announcer warned that ND was no slouch and the fans should not overlook them. I am hoping for a two and bbq result for the Horns this year.
Pakbackr
DecaturWolf said:

Liked the props announcers were giving to the Pack last night, saying ND knocked off #1 seed like the Pack did to Arkansas. And then saying ND, like the Pack before being cancelled, may be the best team right now among the field.
Kinda makes you wonder 'what if' - Had we won last year and ND this year, would the Jarretts be the first father son duo to win NCs? For sure back-to-back NCs!
FLWolf
ole Miss went from not supposed to make the 64 to a favorite now
Wolfpack
Texas TAMU will be fun! Big time rivalry
AlleyPack
Haha, go home Longhorns.
CLTWolf
Jacob Godman's brother is now pitching for the Sooners against the Irish.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
PackFansXL
Given the fact that Ole Miss didn't have the resume to get in the tourney without some favoritism and now have played their way to the CWS finals, perhaps it is time to expand the tourney size for baseball. There are too many good teams who could play well enough in the tourney to make it to Omaha who get left out.
FLWolf
just choose the right teams
JCooke93
Go Rebels

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.