NCAA Regionals

34,183 Views | 328 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nryanh94
Ellesdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Completely agree. Pulling for Pirates this weekend. They deserve some good fortune.
BigLefty24
Pakbackr said:

UConn's win at Maryland was unreal, and full of controversy, if you didn't see it.
watching that game and the Maryland fans made me remember why I hated Maryland as much, if not more than UNC. Talk about some obnoxious ass fans.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Ellesdad
Amen to that
Civilized
What did y'all think of that call at first in the MD game?

Packsd14me
BigLefty24 said:

Pakbackr said:

UConn's win at Maryland was unreal, and full of controversy, if you didn't see it.
watching that game and the Maryland fans made me remember why I hated Maryland as much, if not more than UNC. Talk about some obnoxious ass fans.
It's funny, I couldn't root for them either, even against UConn.
statefan91
Civilized said:

I didn't understand why the runner was out until someone linked me a video explaining the running lane from home to 1b is actually in foul territory until it gets to the base; makes sense now. Runner ran straight down the line, not in what is technically the running lane
Wolfpack91
Ellesdad said:

Completely agree. Pulling for Pirates this weekend. They deserve some good fortune.
Why they are not playing UNC?

Only time I would want ECU to win anything.
Civilized
statefan91 said:

Civilized said:

I didn't understand why the runner was out until someone linked me a video explaining the running lane from home to 1b is actually in foul territory until it gets to the base; makes sense now. Runner ran straight down the line, not in what is technically the running lane

Correct, but their collision was literally on top of the base.

Think of it this way, if the runner had wanted to take a turn and go two, which would obviously have been ill-advised but he's within his rights to try, the base path would've been completely obstructed.

The umps obviously agreed with you, I just don't see how the base itself could ever be construed as not being in the base path.
PackCPA
BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

That Arkansas/OSU regional was amazing.

Hogs will demolish Heels.
Isn't that all we're really hoping for at this point?
I wouldn't say it's ALL we are hoping for. ECU fans are going to become insufferable if they finally make the CWS.

I dont get the angst with ECU baseball. Lord, let those folks have something. Coach Godwin is a great dude, he deserves his chance on the big stage.

And if they do make the CWS, you can always reply that in their best year ever, they still went 0-2 against State. UNC on the other hand, they can go kick rocks.
I think you can respect their program and baseball fan base without wishing them success -- not that it matters anyway since we have no impact on the games. Nothing angsty about not wanting them or UNC/South Carolina/Virginia to have success and make our job harder IMO. Coach Godwin is a real one though, no doubt about that.
Wolfpack
ECU Twitter fans tore into us about the CWS last year and again for the snub this year. They get nothing from me.
wilmwolf
Yeah, not gonna root for ECU ever.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
DrummerboyWolf
Ellesdad said:

I don't know where you get that from. Last year, Arkansas was the consensus #1 team and we went into Fayetteville and won the Super Regional despite getting shellacked the first game. This year, Arkansas did not even host a regional, is a lower seed than UNC and has to travel to Chapel Hill.

First it's baseball and anything can happen and I hope the Hogs do pound them. Second, what I mentioned above is all true and UNC is hot right now. To say that Arkansas will demolish UNC is just a fantasy. It might happen but there is nothing to suggest it will.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Ellesdad
Who do you think is more hot right now? Arkansas or UNC?
PackFansXL
Wolfpack said:

ECU Twitter fans tore into us about the CWS last year and again for the snub this year. They get nothing from me.
That sucks! It sounds like a regional where you hope they both lose. UT-Austin is more arrogant than unc-ch if you can get your head around that. They believe they are baseball royalty and should receive a bye all the way to the CWS each season. It's fun to beat UT in any sport but it's not easy. NIL will soon make it much more difficult as well.
DrummerboyWolf
Ellesdad said:

Who do you think is more hot right now? Arkansas or UNC?
I haven't looked at what Arkansas has done lately. UNC went from 8-13 in the ACC and possibly not being invited to the NCAA, to winning an ACC Championship, hosting a Regional, and now a Super. Just based on those facts alone it would appear UNC is hotter. The Hogs did not host and were a #2 seed in their region. Hey I hope you are right and Arkansas wins big, but to say that after Carolina has only lost 3 times in about a month does not portend that will happen.
ecbwolf
As bad as some may hate it, UNC & ECU are playing very good baseball right now! I think they both advance to World Series.
Wolfpacklife
ecbwolf said:

As bad as some may hate it, UNC & ECU are playing very good baseball right now! I think they both advance to World Series.

They definitely are playing good right now. But I sure as crap don't want them to ever win. Both fan bases are insufferable. Mainly because they are 1 in the same
Borowolf10
BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

I wouldn't say it's ALL we are hoping for. ECU fans are going to become insufferable if they finally make the CWS.

I dont get the angst with ECU baseball. Lord, let those folks have something. Coach Godwin is a great dude, he deserves his chance on the big stage.

And if they do make the CWS, you can always reply that in their best year ever, they still went 0-2 against State. UNC on the other hand, they can go kick rocks.

Nah they show their ass towards us any chance they get. Screw them.
BigLefty24
Borowolf10 said:

BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Bell Tower Grey
BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

I don't begrudge EC's baseball success. They've seemingly always had good teams - I remember LeClaire had a good run before Godwin. I'd like to see them do well also.

As for the holes, piss on them.
BigLefty24
Bell Tower Grey said:

BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

I don't begrudge EC's baseball success. They've seemingly always had good teams - I remember LeClaire had a good run before Godwin. I'd like to see them do well also.

As for the holes, piss on them.
I had three roommates that were ECU baseball players in the early 90's. That 1993 team broke a lot of records for ECU. My best friend shut down UNC at Chapel Hill that year and threw a three hitter I believe. Roger Williams, the current pitching coach for Louisville, was the pitching coach at ECU, and we spent 2-3 days a week at his house or playing golf. Great dude.

I've been around baseball for 40+ years.. Funniest thing I've ever seen on a baseball field. ECU was playing Va Tech (could have been UVA?) at home. Va Tech had this kid that chirped non-stop and was a complete jackass. I thought the ECU students from The Jungle were gonna climb the fence and kill him. About midway through the game, ECU Coach Gary Overton had had enough. I was at near the end of the bench just outside the dugout, and Coach Overton spun around and asked the entire bench "anyone in here got the balls to knock the **** out of that sum*****?". It took about 2 seconds for one of the relief pitchers, who was half crazy himself, to jump up and say "hell yea, I'll hit him". Coach Overton says, "you're going in next inning". Dude says "you want me to go to eh pen and warm up?". Coach Overton says "hell no, you're only gonna throw 2-3 pitches anyways"

So, here the entire bench is over there knowing whats about to happen...Dude from Va Tech steps in the box, and the first pitch, the pitcher drills him with a 90+ mph fastball right between the shoulder blades. Dude from Va Tech knew it was on purpose, threw his bat down and faced the pitcher. The pitcher from ECU dropped his glove, sprinted at him, and speared his ass in the batters box. Funniest thing I have ever seen. Benches cleared, and a full fledged brawl ensued.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

WolfQuacker
BigLefty24 said:

Borowolf10 said:

BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

Go to boneyardbanter.com and read any State ("Cow College" "Moo U" "Wolfpuppy" "Wolfpecker") thread there. The constantly piss on State and hate us with a passion and constantly talk **** about Avent. Nothing "Fake News" about it. I have ECU in-laws and get it constantly from their acquaintances. My FIL is awesome and so I want him to be happy, but at the same time they think they are superior in every sport but basketball and then they just become UNC fans.
CLTWolf
WolfQuacker said:

BigLefty24 said:

Borowolf10 said:

BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

Go to boneyardbanter.com and read any State ("Cow College" "Moo U" "Wolfpuppy" "Wolfpecker") thread there. The constantly piss on State and hate us with a passion and constantly talk **** about Avent. Nothing "Fake News" about it. I have ECU in-laws and get it constantly from their acquaintances. My FIL is awesome and so I want him to be happy, but at the same time they think they are superior in every sport but basketball and then they just become UNC fans.
There are a good number of ECU grads that are State fans too. Let's not forget that. Several post here.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
WolfQuacker
CLTWolf said:

WolfQuacker said:

BigLefty24 said:

Borowolf10 said:

BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

There are a good number of ECU grads that are State fans too. Let's not forget that. Several post here.
Point being??? I'm simply stating facts and reasoning behind my lack of supporting them. On the whole, ECU fans hate State - there are exceptions to every rule. Ever been to a losing game in Greenville? I have... not fun. I even had one tell me to die in a fire after we beat them there in '07. With that said, one of my VERY best friends is an ECU guy and we have a lot of fun back and forth and same with my FIL. This is a State site and I am not being irreverent in any way.
CLTWolf
WolfQuacker said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfQuacker said:

BigLefty24 said:

Borowolf10 said:

BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

Point being??? I'm simply stating facts and reasoning behind my lack of supporting them. On the whole, ECU fans hate State - there are exceptions to every rule. Ever been to a losing game in Greenville? I have... not fun. I even had one tell me to die in a fire after we beat them there in '07. With that said, one of my VERY best friends is an ECU guy and we have a lot of fun back and forth and same with my FIL. This is a State site and I am not being irreverent in any way.
I guess there's no point and you seem pretty passionate about this subject. I'm just saying there are a lot of ECU grads that are big State fans and there is a good chunk of them here that post, that's all. I graduated from State and don't care about ECU one way or another.

Carry on, brother.
WolfQuacker
CLTWolf said:

WolfQuacker said:

CLTWolf said:

WolfQuacker said:

BigLefty24 said:

Borowolf10 said:

BigLefty24 said:

WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

I guess there's no point and you seem pretty passionate about this subject. I'm just saying there are a lot of ECU grads that are big State fans and there is a good chunk of them here that post, that's all. I graduated from State and don't care about ECU one way or another.

Carry on, brother.
All good man. I mainly am here to say I think I have enough experience w/ ECU fans to definitely claim, on the whole, they despise State. I pulled for them in the Regionals, but I honestly hope it stops there so the smack talk stays at a minimum. I'm going to get an earful should they finally make it to Omaha, and God forbid.... I'm REALLY hoping to avoid that.

I meant to add a funny anecdote... I've been to a few ECU FB games over the years when State was away. I had a great laugh one game when they were getting drilled, and one of the loudest moments in the stadium was when they showed scores and it flashed up that State was losing. My FIL looked at me with a wry smile and a \_()_/
DJncsu13
My boss is a ECU guy and HATES State. Hopes we lose every game we play. I have no fault in cheering against the Pirates for that reason. My wife graduated from ECU, but has fully converted to a Pack fan. I've been to plenty of their games as well (against State and against others), including the Miami game at Carter Finley in 99 when we loaned them our stadium and they tore down our goalposts. Never forgive them for that crap either.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Cthepack
Roger Williams (aka money box) played for UNC.
Cthepack
Cthepack said:

Sorry it may be a different Roger Williams. The one I am referencing played at Rose then at UNC. He may currently be the current UNC pitching coach.
Glasswolf
DJncsu13 said:

My boss is a ECU guy and HATES State. Hopes we lose every game we play. I have no fault in cheering against the Pirates for that reason. My wife graduated from ECU, but has fully converted to a Pack fan. I've been to plenty of their games as well (against State and against others), including the Miami game at Carter Finley in 99 when we loaned them our stadium and they tore down our goalposts. Never forgive them for that crap either.
I've never forgiven them for 1987 and what they did against us
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

TraCha4
I guess the ECU thing is really just about who you know. My wife has 2 degrees from ECU and a couple other family members that went there. They all like State and hate UNC.
CLTWolf
Cthepack said:

Cthepack said:

Sorry it may be a different Roger Williams. The one I am referencing played at Rose then at UNC. He may currently be the current UNC pitching coach.

Roger is from Greenville as his dad coached ECU back in the day. Roger also went to unc so you're thinking of the same dude.

Bryant Gaines is the current unc pitching coach.

Roger coached me at camps back in the day and years later I worked camps with Roger. Dude knows his sht.
Cthepack
CLTWolf said:

Cthepack said:

Cthepack said:

Roger is from Greenville as his dad coached ECU back in the day. Roger also went to unc so you're thinking of the same dude.

Bryant Gaines is the current unc pitching coach.

Roger coached me at camps back in the day and years later I worked camps with Roger. Dude knows his sht.

I know him because I played baseball at rose. A few years after him. He and Gordon Douglas both pitched at Rose and UNC. Roger was all ACC and Gordon was the team MVP at UNC as a closer. With two pitchers like that Rose still did not win state their senior year.
wilmwolf
TraCha4 said:

I guess the ECU thing is really just about who you know. My wife has 2 degrees from ECU and a couple other family members that went there. They all like State and hate UNC.
Must be, because every ECU grad in my life has a UNC basketball jersey hanging in their closet that they put on come basketball season. And every one of them loves to take shots at State any time anything goes wrong. It's not that they are all bad people or anything, just obnoxious.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
DrummerboyWolf
TraCha4 said:

Agree! My wife went to ECU. My best friend started at State, then ended up graduating from ECU. His late wife is an ECU grad too. Growing up in Jacksonville, I have lots of friends who went to ECU. I have no problem with them advancing. If they make it to Omaha, then that would be fine by me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.