NCAA Regionals

33,515 Views | 328 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nryanh94
FLWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is still unreal-Ole Miss probably shouldn't of made the tourney over us and they are one game away from winning it all

This stuff only happens in baseball where the best teams (all year long) do not usually win but get hot and the chemistry kicks in. See Braves last year.
PackFansXL
FLWolf said:

This is still unreal-Ole Miss probably shouldn't of made the tourney over us and they are one game away from winning it all

This stuff only happens in baseball where the best teams (all year long) do not usually win but get hot and the chemistry kicks in. See Braves last year.
This is precisely why I think they should expand the number of teams in the post season for college baseball.
wilmwolf
PackFansXL said:

FLWolf said:

This is precisely why I think they should expand the number of teams in the post season for college baseball.

I agree. Would be easy to do. You could add more regionals, make the super regionals a multi team format just like the regionals, and keep the CWS the same. That would keep the total number of games that teams have to play tech the CWS the same, but give more teams a chance to make the field. Or expand the field and give the top teams a bye if you want, get creative. Honestly, the format as it is always seemed kinda weird to me. Of course, I also think they should do away with the conference tournaments, and I'm not sure that would be as popular of an idea.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Steve Videtich
Can't help but think this Ole Miss championship should've been our story last year!
DJncsu13
Steve Videtich said:

Can't help but think this Ole Miss championship should've been our story last year!

Two years in a row a team from Mississippi got our storybook.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
DrummerboyWolf
The sad part about Ole Miss winning is it gives the NCAA cover. They will be puffing out their chest, saying we got it right, the last team in the field won the whole thing. They will play this up for years like the jerks that they are.
Being an N. C. State Fan Builds Great Character
Cthepack
DrummerboyWolf said:

The sad part about Ole Miss winning is it gives the NCAA cover. They will be puffing out their chest, saying we got it right, the last team in the field won the whole thing. They will play this up for years like the jerks that they are.

But they are correct.
DrummerboyWolf
Cthepack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

But they are correct.
They pulled a rabbit out of their hind parts. We should have been in the field.
Cthepack
I totally agree we should have been in. That still does not mean they did not get the Ole Miss selection correct.
matracey
Yep we had a better RPI, more wins vs top 16 seeds, and more wins vs top 50 RPI teams
DrummerboyWolf
Cthepack said:

I totally agree we should have been in. That still does not mean they did not get the Ole Miss selection correct.
Well that depends. If it came down to Ole Miss and us as the last team in then they didn't get it right. Of course they are so secretive on their approach and what they look at, so we will never get the truth. If you are taking the top 64 teams with no automatic qualifiers, then yes Ole Miss should be in...but not at our expense.
Cthepack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

Well that depends. If it came down to Ole Miss and us as the last team in then they didn't get it right. Of course they are so secretive on their approach and what they look at, so we will never get the truth. If you are taking the top 64 teams with no automatic qualifiers, then yes Ole Miss should be in...but not at our expense.

We should have been in. But there is no circumstance that you can argue the committee got it wrong by including the eventual winner.
DrummerboyWolf
Cthepack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Cthepack said:

We should have been in. But there is no circumstance that you can argue the committee got it wrong by including the eventual winner.
Well we will have to agree to disagree if Ole Miss got in by taking our spot. That should be enough circumstance no matter what they did after.
nryanh94
Graphic design is my passion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.