NCAA Regionals

34,194 Views | 328 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nryanh94
DrummerboyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpacklife said:

SouthernPinesWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

PackCPA said:

FourOaksWolf said:

TheStorm said:

SportManagementEngineer said:

WarrenPeace said:

Thank God. One more Horns!
Horns and Hogs baby
Damn right.

I second it.

I third it.
4th it

It

Shoot if you can find it!
A very good friend of mine loves her Buffalo Trace. If you are in South Carolina it's much easier to find as I had another friend of mine pick her up some when he was down at North Myrtle. He and his wife bought some for themselves and they also love it.

The ABC stores only order so much and then distribute it around the state. I have no idea why they buy in limited quantities when they could sell a ton of Buffalo Trace and that would help their bottom line.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Wolfpacklife
That's interesting!

Also weird as heck but I just got back from Colorado and they said they have Buffalo trace all of the time, it's Woodford that's hard to find. I love Woodford too so I told them we need to just have a meet up and swap in Missouri
PackCPA
If y'all are ever up in Chicago, bring a carry-on and you can take back however much BT or Weller Special Reserve you want. BT in CVS/Target for ~$25, Weller SR at liquor stores for ~$40 usually. Hate not living in NC but the bourbon availability and pricing is unmatched; to the extent that BT is a mixer.

As for the baseball, how did they manage to have eight games and none between 6.30-9p CT?

ETA: BT (the distillery) is adding a significant number of warehouses. Will take a few years of course but would expect BT to be more available. ER/EHT/etc. probably a longer lead time though.
SportManagementEngineer
PackCPA said:

If y'all are ever up in Chicago, bring a carry-on and you can take back however much BT or Weller Special Reserve you want. BT in CVS/Target for ~$25, Weller SR at liquor stores for ~$40 usually. Hate not living in NC but the bourbon availability and pricing is unmatched; to the extent that BT is a mixer.

As for the baseball, how did they manage to have eight games and none between 6.30-9p CT?

ETA: BT (the distillery) is adding a significant number of warehouses. Will take a few years of course but would expect BT to be more available. ER/EHT/etc. probably a longer lead time though.
I had this same question earlier today when looking at the schedule. There were a ton on at the same time this afternoon and now nothing until 10:30 eastern. Weird.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
DrummerboyWolf

PackCPA said:

I had this same question earlier today when looking at the schedule. There were a ton on at the same time this afternoon and now nothing until 10:30 eastern. Weird.
ESPN may have wanted more eyes on the Hockey game tonight.
SportManagementEngineer
DrummerboyWolf said:

PackCPA said:

ESPN may have wanted more eyes on the Hockey game tonight.
That's all I could think of, and I'm watching that but I can't imagine there's a huge crossover audience for the two. There's also a UFC event tonight on ESPN+.
Ellesdad
It really blows my mind how our stadium compares to others. Even teams that come from lesser conferences (ECU and southern miss for example since they're still playing) have better stadiums than us.

SEC stadiums are basically minor league parks.

Obviously we are doing some upgrades, how did we end up with such a small stadium that seemingly isn't expandable?
PackCPA
Ellesdad said:

It really blows my mind how our stadium compares to others. Even teams that come from lesser conferences (ECU and southern miss for example since they're still playing) have better stadiums than us.

Obviously we are doing some upgrades, how did we end up with such a small stadium that seemingly isn't expandable?
Don't think you're the only one that shares that frustration. We tried to sneak a baseball stadium and tennis facility into the existing campus framework with no vision or desire to go outside the existing box. Devils advocate says the schools you're referencing have unlimited space to build due to being in more rural areas, which is true to an extent, but I don't subscribe to that limitation for State. Sullivan Lot behind the third base line and especially Lee Field could be re-developed easily. Why we don't wish to do that, I don't know.

What I do know is we have a cheap ass grandstand with uncomfortably cramped seats built on a foundation not too different than Garner High's away stand (their home stand is actual concrete) and no apparent desire to improve the visitor experience or capacity. Unless Lee Field's usage has increased exponentially since I graduated in '14, why we can't expand capacity there at a relatively low cost is beyond me. Must be a lack of political/administrative will, because it surely wouldn't cost much.
BobbyCox95
Ellesdad said:

But at least we're getting tailgate tents, grills and corn hole down the first base line! Nothing says big time college baseball quite like tailgate tents inside the stadium
PackCPA
Pac-12 looking like hot ass tonight.
PoleD
Not to get too far of topic but I found a place in Bloomington, IN that has $3 Buffalo Trace on mondays. Had a flight of Buffalo Trace, Wellers SR and EHTaylor for $13
FLWolf
They like afternoon games for the supers so it gives them time if they have weather issues. The feel 3 games in 3 days is part of the test to get through to the CWS

Read about this in the past
AlleyPack
The ending of the UConn/Stanford game was crazy.
Tons of homers in the ninth, and Stanford almost came all the way back.
Bell Tower Grey
aTm advances to Omaha by beating Louisville 4 - 3.
Glasswolf
Wow. Per the broadcast Mac Horvath had successful emergency appendectomy surgery. Obviously not in the lineup. #UNC
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Civilized
Glasswolf said:

Wow. Per the broadcast Mac Horvath had successful emergency appendectomy surgery. Obviously not in the lineup. #UNC

Dang, hate it for him. Never like seeing dudes or gals get hurt or sick no matter what team they're on.
Glasswolf
Lightning in the area at the Bosh. Now in a weather delay

JCooke93
These games so far ugh
Glasswolf
Irish power their way to a 4-3 lead

Bell Tower Grey
ND now up 4 - 3. Two homers in their half of the inning. UT fans are in shock.
BigLefty24
Irish have dropped the hammer on Tennessee. That game changed in a damn hurry.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Packsd14me
Notre Dame is well coached. Link is good. 7-3 lead and 6 outs from Omaha.
SportManagementEngineer
Wow Notre Dame. Huge!
BigLefty24
Packsd14me said:

If that has been State, this whole thread would have been a pissing contest about Avent and the two bunts.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

Packsd14me said:

If that has been State, this whole thread would have been a pissing contest about Avent and the two bunts.

Ain't that the truth. Haha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Packsd14me
BigLefty24 said:

Packsd14me said:

Just the base running vs Tennessee. ND gets caught in a run down not allowing the throw home without making second base. The cutoff and eventual out ensures the 7th run. Tennessee runs on a close blocked pitch and is the second out of the inning down 4. Coaching..again Link is good. 3 outs from Omaha.
Bell Tower Grey
Hope the Irish can add a couple more this inning just for the good of the country.
Bell Tower Grey
kmb717
Tennessee really seemed unhinged from a composure standpoint all weekend. I know it's how they've been all season but kind of seemed like they were too amped.
DrummerboyWolf
kmb717 said:

Tennessee really seemed unhinged from a composure standpoint all weekend. I know it's how they've been all season but kind of seemed like they were too amped.
It's like John Wooden used to always say: "Be quick, but not in a hurry." If a team is too amped up then they don't play like they normally do.
BruceDouble
Crazy that the #1 seed hasn't won CWS since Miami in 1999.
DJncsu13
Baseball karma got Tennessee. Happy for Notre Dame. Still not over us not getting a chance. Again.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Packsd14me
Maybe Tennessee lost the same way they earned their lofty rating. The cracker box park allowed home runs to a good visiting team instead of only Tennessee getting them. And their pitching staff and coach weren't quite as good as ND's.
SportManagementEngineer
UNC stays the luckiest school ever. Ties the game on a 2 out wild pitch.
EthanBarry
Staff
ECU gonna regret letting yesterday getting away for a loooooong time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.