NCAA Regionals

34,193 Views | 328 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nryanh94
Borowolf10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfpacklife said:

Borowolf10 said:

ECU starting their closer in a huge elimination game. We should have started Villaman vs UNC.

I mean its 4-0 coastal

Check that again.
BigLefty24
DJncsu13 said:

Really sucks these daytime games are on ESPN+. I'd love to have ECU/Coastal on in the background while I work.
Its absolutely absurd that I have 6 ESPN channels, plus access to the B10 Network, ACC Network, and SEC Network, and the only damn game ESPN is showing on any of them is Florida vs Oklahoma. Meanwhile, First Take reruns are showing. Idiots.

Ridiculous that I cant watch the ECU game right now.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf
Borowolf10 said:

ECU starting their closer in a huge elimination game. We should have started Villaman vs UNC.

If their Friday night starter was available on 4 days rest the Friday night starter would be throwing today not the closer.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpacklife said:

Borowolf10 said:

I mean its 4-0 coastal
It's 4-2 ECU
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
castlewood107
It's 4-2 ECU and they are in cruise control almost. I dont think Costal has put a runner past 1B beside their one HR.

Huge break to draw the worst team in the field (Coppin w/ RPI near 300) so you dont have to throw anyone Game 1. They have a massive pitching advantage today and they are cashing in.

Them vs. Texas will be fascinating. Texas was preseason No 1 and has super talent on paper, just didnt click on a high, high level this year yet.
Wolfpacklife
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Borowolf10 said:

I mean its 4-0 coastal
It's 4-2 ECU

Gah lee I'm blind. I did see the colors for the score and the ncaa site shows teal on ecu lol.
DrummerboyWolf
Wolfpacklife said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wolfpacklife said:

Borowolf10 said:

I mean its 4-0 coastal
It's 4-2 ECU

Gah lee I'm blind. I did see the colors for the score and the ncaa site shows teal on ecu lol.
I understand. I need my reading glasses up close all the time now.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Tom OBriens Smile
The way these sites work, and the way teams can be designated home and away during regionals, scoreboards get off track a lot. The NCAA website absolutely had Coastal leading 4-0 through at least three innings, and I don't need my eyes checked lol. Its been an issue all weekend tracking through there or D1, numerous games showing flipped - one would think it wouldn't be a problem for the deciding game on a fresh start to a day but alas...
FlockaWolf
Man had us coastal/vcu fans excited for a moment
Packamylase
Tom OBriens Smile said:

The way these sites work, and the way teams can be designated home and away during regionals, scoreboards get off track a lot. The NCAA website absolutely had Coastal leading 4-0 through at least three innings, and I don't need my eyes checked lol. Its been an issue all weekend tracking through there or D1, numerous games showing flipped - one would think it wouldn't be a problem for the deciding game on a fresh start to a day but alas...
First time I checked the State-UNC ACC Championship score, it was 2-1 State, then next time I checked, it was 7-1 UNC. What a letdown...
Wolfpacklife
Tom OBriens Smile said:

Lol I knew I wasn't crazy! I could have sworn it said coastal 4-0
DJncsu13
Pirates pouring it on. 13-2 headed to bottom of the 8th (ECU home team).
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
DJncsu13
Louisville was up 7-2 on Michigan after 1, now down 9-7 headed into Bottom 8. Cardinals are the home team and have 6 outs left.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
Packamylase
DJncsu13 said:

Louisville was up 7-2 on Michigan after 1, now down 9-7 headed into Bottom 8. Cardinals are the home team and have 6 outs left.

Louisville wins 11-9.
Wolfpack
Easy to apply revisionist history on ECU starting their closer, but if we scored 13 runs we would have won too. Villaman's 4th highest pitch count of the season was the ACC-CG. ECU's bats got it done, ours didn't.
BigLefty24
Wolfpack said:

Easy to apply revisionist history on ECU starting their closer, but if we scored 13 runs we would have won too. Villaman's 4th highest pitch count of the season was the ACC-CG. ECU's bats got it done, ours didn't.

ECU's closer got it done too.

Five innings pitched, three hits, no walks. He completely shut down Coastal until ECU was able to blow it open with 8 runs in the 7th inning.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

SportManagementEngineer
BigLefty24 said:

Wolfpack said:

ECU's closer got it done too.

Five innings pitched, three hits, no walks. He completely shut down Coastal until ECU was able to blow it open with 8 runs in the 7th inning.

Yup. And I think if you told Avent that if we didn't win, we'd be out of the tournament he would've started Villaman.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
CLTWolf
Wolfpack said:

I start Whitaker on 4 days rest just about every time if given the choice in that situation. You know you have Willadsen in your back pocket to come in and give you a couple innings before you bring Villaman to lock it down. Both Whitaker and Willadsen were very good against the tarholes in the regular season. Both gave up 2 runs in their starts, one of which was earned for both. Oddly enough, Villaman was not good against the holes in the regular season.

Unfortunately, the 2nd inning got away from both Whitaker and Willy. In a microcosm of the regular season, that inning started out on what should've been an out but was an error instead putting the leadoff man on.
FLWolf
yep-You can't play defense like we did this year and win these tough games

Baseball is such a detail sport and doing the little to win and we were just missing that this year (unlike last year)

We will bounce back
Borowolf10
The only positive I see here is the hilarity of seeing UNC fans having to interact with Arkansas fans. The Pearl clutching will be off the charts. You know Arkansas fans are gonna travel for a super regional, they love baseball.
FlockaWolf
Huge Texas & Arkansas fan here
BigLefty24
Greenville will be an absolute madhouse for that Super Regional.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Bell Tower Grey
BigLefty24 said:

Yep. And, at least the Texas fans will get to find out what true bbq is all about.
BigLefty24
Bell Tower Grey said:

BigLefty24 said:

Yep. And, at least the Texas fans will get to find out what true bbq is all about.
Just picture the scene:

Diehard ECU fan walks up to Texas fan..."You want some real BBQ?? Hop in the truck and let me take you to B's BBQ!"

Texas fan hops in the truck and they head west. ECU fan hangs a left into B's. Upon seeing where he's at, Texas fan breaks into hysterics and panic dials 911...

911 operator: "911, how may I help you?"

Texas fan: "Help! I think I'm about to be skinned alive like the movie Deliverance!"

911 operator: "What's your location sir?"

Texas fan: "I'm at some rundown hole called B's BBQ!"

911 operator: "Sir, I'm gonna need you to calm it down and order me a combination plate with dark meat."

@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Bell Tower Grey
Awesome....and, you're spot on.
CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

BigLefty24 said:

Just picture the scene:

Diehard ECU fan walks up to Texas fan..."You want some real BBQ?? Hop in the truck and let me take you to B's BBQ!"

Texas fan hops in the truck and they head west. ECU fan hangs a left into B's. Upon seeing where he's at, Texas fan breaks into hysterics and panic dials 911...

911 operator: "911, how may I help you?"

Texas fan: "Help! I think I'm about to be skinned alive like the movie Deliverance!"

911 operator: "What's your location sir?"

Texas fan: "I'm at some rundown hole called B's BBQ!"

911 operator: "Sir, I'm gonna need you to calm it down and order me a combination plate with dark meat."

True story: I was working in Temple, TX for several months about 10 years ago and I was running my mouth about how Texas BBQ wasn't real BBQ, etc. Well, 'ol boy tells me I'm eatin lunch with him that day and I hop into his truck and we set out for some 'q. He proceeds to pull into an old service station with old pumps that couldn't have worked in 20 years. Little did I know THAT was the BBQ joint. As I live and breathe that was some of the best brisket and sausage I've ever had in my damn life. I didn't know what to think when he pulled into this place in a not so great part of Temple might've even thought I might regret it. NOPE. It was so damn good I took my then girlfriend, now wife back a couple days later when she came to visit.

Moral of the story, I doubt any real Texan will be scared of a hole in the wall BBQ joint.

I'm supposed to head to Ayden/Greenville for a dealer visit soon....now you got me wanting some 'q from B's and Skylight Inn.
CLTWolf
Garner's very own Nolan McLean just made one helluva play at 3rd on a former Wake player.

The UConn/MD game is a good one too.
PB13
No way he didn't push him off the bag right? Still a great play either way.
CLTWolf
PB13 said:

No way he didn't push him off the bag right? Still a great play either way.
I didn't think so and Lanzilli didn't act like he was pushed in any way. He thought he was safe.

Maybe he was, I dunno.
Ellesdad
That Arkansas/OSU regional was amazing.

Hogs will demolish Heels.
Tom OBriens Smile
Stanford-Texas State has been great too, clutch pitching through 8 and now clutch hitting late.

Brutal loss for the Bobcats.
cowboypack02
Ellesdad said:

Isn't that all we're really hoping for at this point?
WolfQuacker
cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

I wouldn't say it's ALL we are hoping for. ECU fans are going to become insufferable if they finally make the CWS.
BigLefty24
WolfQuacker said:

cowboypack02 said:

Ellesdad said:

I wouldn't say it's ALL we are hoping for. ECU fans are going to become insufferable if they finally make the CWS.

I dont get the angst with ECU baseball. Lord, let those folks have something. Coach Godwin is a great dude, he deserves his chance on the big stage.

And if they do make the CWS, you can always reply that in their best year ever, they still went 0-2 against State. UNC on the other hand, they can go kick rocks.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*

Pakbackr
UConn's win at Maryland was unreal, and full of controversy, if you didn't see it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.