Gary Hahn Suspended

16,058 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Marco
Mormad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wish he had not have said it. It wasn't smart. But the fact that he was suspended indefinitely for such an inane comment is a perfect example of the pansy ass society we have become.
ncsupack1
The only reason we haven't heard anymore is pretty simple. It's a holiday weekend and I assume parties are waiting to get legal advice from lawyers to see what direction said parties go. Basically, get everyone at the table.
packgrad
Mormad said:

I wish he had not have said it. It wasn't smart. But the fact that he was suspended indefinitely for such an inane comment is a perfect example of the pansy ass society we have become.

100%. Can't imagine being someone that complained to the powers that be, or justify the decision. What a miserable life.
caryking
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

100%. Can't imagine being someone that complained to the powers that be, or justify the decision. What a miserable life.

I agree!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
Mormad said:

I do think the media company should address the situation. Someone posted an article yesterday with some questions that were sent to them - like what policy did he break and who decides on the recourse, etc, and it seems completely appropriate to have addressed those over the past 48 hours, especially given the national coverage this has gotten
DrummerboyWolf
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

WRAL is probably the one who complained since they are our flagship station. Jesse Helms has to be rolling in his grave at how far left WRAL has become.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
ncsuchris
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/nc-state-broadcaster-suspended-after-illegal-aliens-comment-during-bowl-broadcast/20652415/

*grabs popcorn*
packgrad
ncsuchris said:

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/nc-state-broadcaster-suspended-after-illegal-aliens-comment-during-bowl-broadcast/20652415/

*grabs popcorn*

I'm sure you're happy. You've been cheerleading that side the whole time. Congratulations?
ncsuchris
Huh? I don't think that was me

packgrad said:

ncsuchris said:

*grabs popcorn*

I'm sure you're happy. You've been cheerleading that side the whole time. Congratulations?
ncsuchris
I said he shouldn't have said it, like any reasonable person would. I certainly don't think he should be punished.
packgrad said:

ncsuchris said:

*grabs popcorn*

KKandDD
ncsuchris said:

I said he shouldn't have said it, like any reasonable person would. I certainly don't think he should be punished.
packgrad said:

ncsuchris said:

*grabs popcorn*

A rational thought? No no, that's not allowed here.
bgr3
Anybody interested in joining together to make a bit of noise and resistance about this? I wouldn't have said that in that moment per se but Hahn being suspended and fired is absurd.

Squeaky wheels get the grease (I know he hasn't been fired, I know this will go that way if the public sentiment goes a certain way with no pushback)
PackDaddy
I guess Gary could now say escaped inmates instead of illegal aliens
Wolfpack91
Free Gary Hahn.
GuerrillaPack
Hahn's comment was completely relevant to what's been going on in El Paso.

Here's what's been going on in El Paso recently. The mayor of El Paso declared a state of emergency a couple weeks ago due to the massive increase in the invasion of illegal aliens into the area.

And get this...the Sun Bowl had to cancel their fan fest due to the convention center being used as a migrant shelter!

https://www.ktsm.com/local/el-paso-news/2022-sun-bowl-fiesta-canceled-due-to-convention-center-being-used-as-migrant-shelter/

Quote:

2022 Sun Bowl Fan Fiesta canceled due to convention center being used as migrant shelter

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) The Sun Bowl Association canceled its 2022 Sun Bowl Fan Fiesta on Wednesday, due to the convention center currently being used as a migrant shelter.

The Sun Bowl Fan Fiesta was originally scheduled to take place on Dec. 29. Bernie Olivas, Sun Bowl Association Executive Director, cited the state of emergency for the City of El Paso earlier this week.

"Our Fan Fiesta scheduled for Dec. 29 has now been canceled due to the state of emergency that has been declared. They are using the convention center to house some of these poor migrants that are looking for shelter somewhere, so we have canceled the Fan Fiesta." said Sun Bowl Association Executive Director, Bernie Olivas.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Packchem91
Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

I do think the media company should address the situation. Someone posted an article yesterday with some questions that were sent to them - like what policy did he break and who decides on the recourse, etc, and it seems completely appropriate to have addressed those over the past 48 hours, especially given the national coverage this has gotten

Cannot believe this has still not been reconciled / updated?
Even if you give a pass for the weekend and then the holiday, would have thought they'd have addressed this by today

Fortunately for Gary, the events last night and the Skip Bayless's comments have taken all the attention now, but games are coming soon.
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Even if you give a pass for the weekend and then the holiday, would have thought they'd have addressed this by today

Fortunately for Gary, the events last night and the Skip Bayless's comments have taken all the attention now, but games are coming soon.

What did Skip Bayless say?
gtman49
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

What did Skip Bayless say?

He took a beating for that, though clearly the NFL was considering playing, so i think he perhaps caught more flak because he usually is looking for it (I don't follow him or watch him, but many others sure love to show everything dumb he says)
Bell Tower Grey
If the Carter - Finley Mexi Cam jumbotron culprit didn't get fired, there's no way in hell Hahn should be. What a total bunch of bulllsht.
Wufpack17
gtman49 said:

I'm not a fan of Bayless, but what in the hell is wrong with this tweet?

It was tweeted in the middle of the game, when there was discussion as to whether or not the NFL would suspend the game. He simply was asking how they are going to do that, and immediately stated the obvious that none of that matters.

Are people terrible with reading comprehension? I don't get the hate for this tweet. It makes 100% sense based on when it was tweeted.
Oldsouljer
Wufpack17 said:

gtman49 said:

It was tweeted in the middle of the game, when there was discussion as to whether or not the NFL would suspend the game. He simply was asking how they are going to do that, and immediately stated the obvious that none of that matters.

Are people terrible with reading comprehension? I don't get the hate for this tweet. It makes 100% sense based on when it was tweeted.
Absolutely nothing, this is witch hunting pure and simple.
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

gtman49 said:

I think it's ultimately "guilt by accumulation of saying dumb things for shock value"? So that people thought this was same?
When I saw all the anger last night, I kept rereading it, thinking I must have missed something.
Again, clearly the NFL was considering options, so not sure why voicing that was an issue. He even referenced it was no longer significant given the health issue
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

gtman49 said:

I think it's ultimately "guilt by accumulation of saying dumb things for shock value"? So that people thought this was same?
When I saw all the anger last night, I kept rereading it, thinking I must have missed something.
Again, clearly the NFL was considering options, so not sure why voicing that was an issue. He even referenced it was no longer significant given the health issue

Seems to me that he metaphorically asked a question, and then he gave his personal opinion to the answer to that same question...

Where is the outrage over ESPN sensationalizing the tragedy by having their reporter outside of the hospital trying to interview players, staff, etc... coming there to check on the situation? I mean I get that to them it's "news", but they really took a "vulture" type of approach to their overnight coverage of this, and I personally felt that it was more than borderline "over the top".

Give the damn family some initial privacy... not to mention common courtesy re: HIPAA "guidelines"... why do these things NEVER apply to the press?!?
packgrad
Sounds like this board and our moral arbiters.

TheStorm
To further expound about my previous comments regarding ESPN and what I personally feel is a rather sensationalized - and even "self-serving" coverage of this tragedy... it continued all day and all night again yesterday.

The local dude out of Cincinnati stationed outside the hospital, trying to make a name for himself under the "guise" of "covering" the "news event"... stopping people still as they come and go, probing for anything that he can get out of them... even went as far the first night to state that he was personally responsible to helping Stephon Diggs get in past the security guard by telling him "don't you know this is one of the best receivers in the entire league?"... and you actually toot your own horn by saying that on the air? Geez... it was so cringeworthy - but maybe that's just me...

They start off "Around The Horn" with the first round being everybody's opinion about what happened last night?!? Really?!? A show where "points" are awarded to 4 different participants based on the host's opinion of the quality of their answers?!? Completely sickening...

Pardon The Interruption to hear Wilbon pontificating on the subject for the first five minutes of the show...

Show. Some. Damn. Respect. And. Common. Courtesy.

Please.
KKandDD
i think people just hate Skip Bayless. can't say i'm a huge fan
AnaeAnae
DrummerboyWolf said:

AnaeAnae said:

Asylum seekers aren't "illegal aliens"
Oh the "undocumented" immigrants" sighting. If you cross the border illegally, then you are indeed an illegal alien. There is a lawful way to get into the United States, but if you choose to come in and cross the border in the dark of night in the desert or the Rio Grande Valley, you are breaking the law. Unfortunately the law is not getting enforced anywhere near enough.
But DJ referred to people "seeking asylum" and that is not illegal

This is basic stuff
packgrad
AnaeAnae said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

AnaeAnae said:

Oh the "undocumented" immigrants" sighting. If you cross the border illegally, then you are indeed an illegal alien. There is a lawful way to get into the United States, but if you choose to come in and cross the border in the dark of night in the desert or the Rio Grande Valley, you are breaking the law. Unfortunately the law is not getting enforced anywhere near enough.

This is basic stuff

It's also basic stuff that people truly seeking asylum are being put in danger because of this bull**** problem that democrats have created. Just basic. Congratulations!
AnaeAnae
packgrad said:

AnaeAnae said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

AnaeAnae said:

This is basic stuff

It's also basic stuff that people truly seeking asylum are being put in danger because of this bull**** problem that democrats have created. Just basic. Congratulations!
LOL you are not in the least bit concerned with the wellbeing of anyone "truly seeking asylum"

What's happening in El Paso has no impact on your life, you just enjoy the outrage
packgrad
AnaeAnae said:

packgrad said:

AnaeAnae said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

AnaeAnae said:

This is basic stuff

LOL you are not in the least bit concerned with the wellbeing of anyone "truly seeking asylum"

What's happening in El Paso has no impact on your life, you just enjoy the outrage

Says the guy saying they're asylum seekers. You don't care about a single one of them. You care about your woke social media scorecard.

Also, I don't care about the outrage. I care about Gary Hahn being suspended I'm sure you don't though. Got a scalp.
AnaeAnae
packgrad said:

AnaeAnae said:

packgrad said:

AnaeAnae said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

AnaeAnae said:

This is basic stuff

Says the guy saying they're asylum seekers. You don't care about a single one of them. You care about your woke social media scorecard.

Also, I don't care about the outrage. I care about Gary Hahn being suspended I'm sure you don't though. Got a scalp.
I actually never called them asylum seekers, I simply said seeking asylum seeking isn't illegal

What is a woke social media scorecard and where do I get one?
PackMom
Heard Gary is returning Jan 14.
packgrad
AnaeAnae said:

packgrad said:

AnaeAnae said:

packgrad said:

AnaeAnae said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

AnaeAnae said:

This is basic stuff

I actually never called them asylum seekers, I simply said seeking asylum seeking isn't illegal

What is a woke social media scorecard and where do I get one?

That's cool. I simply said true asylum seekers are in danger because of a problem democrats created. You can find your social media scorecard the same place you found how much I cared about true asylum seekers.
Wolfpack91

Probably piss folks off on both sides of this controversy. Gary gets a two week unpaid vacation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.