Gary Hahn Suspended

15,879 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Marco
Wufpack17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

Didn't realize El Paso is operating under a state of emergency due to all the immigrants seeking asylum. Is it really that big of a deal for Gary to point out what has become a crisis situation down there??
They actually cancelled the Sun Bowl fan fest because the convention center was being used to house illegal immigrants/aliens. They've had a huge recent surge, hence the state of emergency was declared. Normal Sun Bowl activities were affected by the number of illegal aliens currently in the city, so Gary said nothing that was either wrong or political.

Illegal Aliens is not a political term. Now, how to deal with the illegal alien problem is a political issue. Gary said nothing that could be called political.

I agree with everything you said 100%. But GH shouldn't have used his platform to say what he said. I'm perfectly ok with him saying it using any avenue but the one his job provides. If I talk politics or religion at my work I get in trouble. It's a no no and it's written into my employment agreement. And we are encouraged to practice our faith and participate in the political process outside of work

I bet if you talked the correct politics you would be a-okay. Anything that is true and ruffles feathers? You are toast.

At least, that's how it is at my company. We have diversity trainings and every "example" they provide the offender is a white male.

Basically, corporations are kowtowing to the far left demands. Gary just a latest example of that.

The sun bowl was IN FACT played among illegal immigration crisis. Anyone paying attention to the national news understands that. The Sun Bowl even put out a PR regarding it.

Was the issue that Gary used "illegal aliens "?
DrummerboyWolf
Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

Have none of y'all worked jobs? When you say dumb **** there are consequences, it's a fairly simple concept. It has nothing to do with politics, ideology, whatever you want to call it.

Gary hopefully won't and shouldn't be fired over it but he goofed and Learfield did something about it. Big whoop. Readjust your tin foil hats and settle down.

It appears Gary was referencing the immigration crisis in El Paso. One that resulted in the Sun Bowl moving several activities and cancelling events because of it. Illegal immigrants are literally sleeping on sidewalks outside of the stadium.

It's a major national news story.

And now the Gary Hahn situation is a major national news story when it should not have been. Learfield should have had a private discussion with Gary and moved on, but now N. C. State is being pummeled by the news cycle. Nobody will know he works for Learfield, but for the generation that has the attention span of about 30 seconds will look upon N. C. State very badly. What else is new. UNC cheated their athletes and it's opponents with a scandal that went on for decades and it got less coverage than this will.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Glasswolf
Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

Didn't realize El Paso is operating under a state of emergency due to all the immigrants seeking asylum. Is it really that big of a deal for Gary to point out what has become a crisis situation down there??
They actually cancelled the Sun Bowl fan fest because the convention center was being used to house illegal immigrants/aliens. They've had a huge recent surge, hence the state of emergency was declared. Normal Sun Bowl activities were affected by the number of illegal aliens currently in the city, so Gary said nothing that was either wrong or political.

Illegal Aliens is not a political term. Now, how to deal with the illegal alien problem is a political issue. Gary said nothing that could be called political.

I agree with everything you said 100%. But GH shouldn't have used his platform to say what he said. I'm perfectly ok with him saying it using any avenue but the one his job provides. If I talk politics or religion at my work I get in trouble. It's a no no and it's written into my employment agreement. And we are encouraged to practice our faith and participate in the political process outside of work

I bet if you talked the correct politics you would be a-okay. Anything that is true and ruffles feathers? You are toast.

At least, that's how it is at my company. We have diversity trainings and every "example" they provide the offender is a white male.

Basically, corporations are kowtowing to the far left demands. Gary just a latest example of that.

The sun bowl was IN FACT played among illegal immigration crisis. Anyone paying attention to the national news understands that. The Sun Bowl even put out a PR regarding it.

The issue is Gary Hahn's job is to do play by play for Wolfpack Sports. What he said was not untrue or racist. It was not his platform to make that statement. I'm sure if he had made that comment on a private social media platform their would not have been a issue.
Glasswolf
Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

Define "correct politics" Everyone has a different view of what that is.
packgrad
Glass will always support conservative viewpoints being censored and liberal viewpoints being allowed. If you don't realize that by now, you have not been paying attention.

Also hilarious that we continue to propagate the myth that what he said was political.
Marco
Like i said,IP$ don't want that smoke!!!
caryking
Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

Glass, if you don't know what correct politics are, in our current societal place, then, you are about as mainstream of a news watcher/reader there is.

That's not meant to be disparaging at all, it's just that MSM is putting out one narrative and other media is putting out a different narrative. I mostly watch/read the other narrative; however, my most viewed media is Tim Poole.

Yes, I know… some will say they are not real media and to some degree, I would say… yep. That said, they certainly have an interesting societal take on where we are…. And that is from a bunch of people that toed the MSM line for a long time. Now, they question everything!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

Glass, if you don't know what correct politics are, in our current societal place, then, you are about as mainstream of a news watcher/reader there is.

That's not meant to be disparaging at all, it's just that MSM is putting out one narrative and other media is putting out a different narrative. I mostly watch/read the other narrative; however, my most viewed media is Tim Poole.

Yes, I know… some will say they are not real media and to some degree, I would say… yep. That said, they certainly have an interesting societal take on where we are…. And that is from a bunch of people that toed the MSM line for a long time. Now, they question everything!
I actually don't watch or listen to MSM much at all. I have weather apps to tell me the forecast. I've never listened to talk radio. Everyone has their own view of correct. Just like religion. Everyone has a different view of whats the correct view. Example, my father in law is a retired Baptist Minister with a Dr of Divinity degree from Seminary in WF. They (Seminary) is 100% Southern Baptist Convention. My FIL doesn't subscribe to their theology 100%. His son has a almost completely different view of Christianity as far as things like a womans role in church life in general.
Glasswolf
Sorry that was a bit off topic.
Wufpack17
DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

Have none of y'all worked jobs? When you say dumb **** there are consequences, it's a fairly simple concept. It has nothing to do with politics, ideology, whatever you want to call it.

Gary hopefully won't and shouldn't be fired over it but he goofed and Learfield did something about it. Big whoop. Readjust your tin foil hats and settle down.

It appears Gary was referencing the immigration crisis in El Paso. One that resulted in the Sun Bowl moving several activities and cancelling events because of it. Illegal immigrants are literally sleeping on sidewalks outside of the stadium.

And now the Gary Hahn situation is a major national news story when it should not have been. Learfield should have had a private discussion with Gary and moved on, but now N. C. State is being pummeled by the news cycle. Nobody will know he works for Learfield, but for the generation that has the attention span of about 30 seconds will look upon N. C. State very badly. What else is new. UNC cheated their athletes and it's opponents with a scandal that went on for decades and it got less coverage than this will.

To be fair, the sitting president has said worse but he gets away with because of the letter by his name and his "old age".

It's selective outrage.
Wufpack17
Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

In the corporate world it's whatever is being pushed by the left.
Nairo
http://es.pn/2yc3Z4W

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

I've been in senior leadership in fortune 40 companies for years but please tell me how the "real world" works. LOL

You and other snowflakes were butt hurt by him saying "illegal aliens". Let's all be real and agree that's not offensive in any way, shape or form and then reassess the situation.

Send an email to your entire organization on Tuesday about a new "fill in the blank" to be installed in southern Texas where all the illegal immigrants are, and see how that goes over for you , lol.

I can't imagine an industry where an out-of-context comment that is dripping in political sentiment like that would not draw extremely negative reaction.

Context matters. Discussion of illegal immigration is a major topic and should be able to be discussed, but when you tie a comment completely out of context, you reap what you sow

ESPN literally does this every day. Every single day. Gun control. "Racism". You name it. It is 100% allowed IF it follows the leftist playbook. Name a SINGE instance where someone went too far on the left on air with their opinions and got canceled. Please.

And, again, "illegal aliens" isn't offensive. LOL It's the legit term for people that are in ANY country illegally. JFC
bgr3
Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

To be fair, the sitting president has said worse but he gets away with because of the letter by his name and his "old age".

It's selective outrage.

It's just the exercise of power. The outrage itself is fake. Nobody is *genuinely personally offended* by the comments and those who say they are are lying.

Oh no, he used a phrase that it has been decided for us is off limits now. People heard some words they didn't like, quick, everyone overreact!
Wufpack17
bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

It's just the exercise of power. The outrage itself is fake. Nobody is *genuinely personally offended* by the comments and those who say they are are lying.

Oh no, he used a phrase that it has been decided for us is off limits now. **** them.

Who decided it's off limits?
Glasswolf
Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

Actually my company leans heavily to the Right. At least the ownership does.
bgr3
Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

Oh no, he used a phrase that it has been decided for us is off limits now. **** them.

Media-educational industrial complex. The same places push all sorts of fake language on the population. Here's a recent example, from Stanford: https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/stanfordlanguage.pdf
bgr3
bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

Media-educational industrial complex. The same places push all sorts of fake language on the population. Here's a recent example, from Stanford: https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/stanfordlanguage.pdf

And Brandeis: https://sites.google.com/brandeis.edu/parcsuggestedlanguagelist/categories

And in the works cited from Stanford, there it is, illegal immigrant/alien as a "slur."

Next question.

Bulldogwolf27
We haven't won a title in men's basketball since Gary's been at state. Maybe it's not a terrible thing for a change.
Wufpack17
Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Glasswolf said:

SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

Actually my company leans heavily to the Right. At least the ownership does.

Must be nice
Wufpack17
bgr3 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

And Brandeis: https://sites.google.com/brandeis.edu/parcsuggestedlanguagelist/categories

And in the works cited from Stanford, there it is, illegal immigrant/alien as a "slur."

Next question.

Oh, Stanford decided that? Now it makes sense.

They are in the same state that put a cat litter box in a girls bathroom because a 7 year old claimed to be a cat.

Wufpack17
Illegal immigration is an act of entering the US illegally. I'm not sure how that's a slur. Maybe the woke people out there can explain that one to me.
910wolf
bgr3 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

Next question.

This list has the word "guys" being offensive?!?!
bgr3
910wolf said:

bgr3 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

Next question.

This list has the word "guys" being offensive?!?!

Coming soon to a corporate sensitivity training seminar and public school curriculum near you!
ncsuchris
Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

Next question.

They are in the same state that put a cat litter box in a girls bathroom because a 7 year old claimed to be a cat.

(shhh...no one tell him the cat thing was debunked and never actually happened)
Wufpack17
ncsuchris said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

Next question.

Shh…no on tell him the cat comment was making light of Californian insanity.
Wufpack17
Can't use illegal alien, but can encourage children to change their identity.

What a sane world we live in.
wolf howl
ncsuchris said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

bgr3 said:

Wufpack17 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

KKandDD said:

It's selective outrage.

Next question.

It's literally happened in NC at my nieces high school and at a nearby high school of my son, also in NC.

I'm glad this story has gotten national attention. It needs to. Unfortunate NCSU will be associated with Learfield's idiotic decision but at the same time NCSU could have supported not having him suspended publicly but has chosen not to as far as I know, kowtowing to the left and their narratives.

To mention the word illegal immigrants brings to light the unmitigated complete human crisis happening at our southern border that the Biden administration has ignored and made into a disaster for the people and towns along the border. This is really what it's all about. No dissension is allowed.
Glasswolf
Wufpack17 said:

Illegal immigration is an act of entering the US illegally. I'm not sure how that's a slur. Maybe the woke people out there can explain that one to me.
Maybe the unwoke people out there can find out if he was suspended for using illegal immigrants or for using his platform as the Wolfpack play by play person to say that. There is a difference.
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

On Which game broadcast have you heard that plea?

At least compare apples to apples
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Maybe the unwoke people out there can find out if he was suspended for using illegal immigrants or for using his platform as the Wolfpack play by play person to say that. There is a difference.

Wouldn't matter to your folks. Just another head on the wall. Using his platform to say that lol.
birdiePack
This is about the dumbest thing to be "suspended" over that I have ever heard. Fake outrage is all the rage.
If you never allow for a little fun and relaxation you will become mentally unstable without knowing it.
packgrad
But he used a platform. Outrage!
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Didn't Bob Costas, go on about gun control during a broadcast? I can't remember if it was pre or during the game. You you think that's okay?
DrummerboyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Didn't Bob Costas, go on about gun control during a broadcast? I can't remember if it was pre or during the game. You you think that's okay?
It was twice on Sunday Night Football halftimes. One was gun control and I forget what the other was. Nobody on the left complained about that.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
bgr3
packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

Wufpack17 said:

Wouldn't matter to your folks. Just another head on the wall. Using his platform to say that lol.

"Using his platform" is literally just speaking. If you want someone punished for speech you don't like just admit it and say that. It's dangerous and authoritarian but at least it's honest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.