Gary Hahn Suspended

15,884 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Marco
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DrummerboyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Can't use illegal alien, but can encourage children to change their identity.

What a sane world we live in.

On Which game broadcast have you heard that plea?

At least compare apples to apples

Didn't Bob Costas, go on about gun control during a broadcast? I can't remember if it was pre or during the game. You you think that's okay?
It was twice on Sunday Night Football halftimes. One was gun control and I forget what the other was. Nobody on the left complained about that.

That's kinda what I remember, but wasn't sure.
Werewolf
The woke guys here wouldn't have an inkling about being censored. In fact, they love it the way it has been….one sided. It's why our country has evolved into a cluster F…..

The evolution of wokeness is such that now some fully mature men argue that a sexual relationship with a young 12-13 yr old boy should be acceptable….it's a slippery slope that so many fools here cannot see …..where does it end….?
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
KKandDD
We've gone from a simple concept of actions have consequences in the professional world to paedophelia being acceptable in America. Lord have mercy, I knew I was in for a treat coming over to the water cooler, but damn some of y'all are off the rails.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Didn't Bob Costas, go on about gun control during a broadcast? I can't remember if it was pre or during the game. You you think that's okay?

He read a piece from Jason Whitlock on the day of the murder/suicide by a chiefs player .
He got lots of negative heat for it.

My thoughts on it.
1) I'd guess he got NBC's approval before hand
2) Costas is/was a made man. It's not necessarily fair, but in every walk of life, made people get benefits
3) and to answer your question - I think if he'd gone on the pre game talk show and done that, it would have been fine, but was wrong to do during the game.

Punishment? Like with Hahn, context and your personnel file should matter. Neither should be firable.

But I also think they aren't quite the same - Hahn's comment will be treats more negatively because it sounds harsher since he didn't give it any context. Costas read out two paragraphs. Hahns comment sounds like a shot.
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

He read a piece from Jason Whitlock on the day of the murder/suicide by a chiefs player .

My thoughts on it.
2) Costas is/was a made man. It's not necessarily fair, but in every walk of life, made people get benefits
3) and to answer your question - I think if he'd gone on the pre game talk show and done that, it would have been fine, but was wrong to do during the game.

Punishment? Like with Hahn, context and your personnel file should matter. Neither should be firable.

But I also think they aren't quite the same - Hahn's comment will be treats more negatively because it sounds harsher since he didn't give it any context. Costas read out two paragraphs. Hahns comment sounds like a shot.

Didn't a ESPN analyst do a moment of silence for I can't remember if it was for BYU volleyball fan's racist comment or something else I can't remember. Point being is that politics should be left out in sports, but once again I guess it depends on what side of the spectrum one is on.
DrummerboyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

It was twice on Sunday Night Football halftimes. One was gun control and I forget what the other was. Nobody on the left complained about that.

That's kinda what I remember, but wasn't sure.
The other was his rant about the Washington Redskins name being a racial slur. I just wish Daniel Snyder would have put a redskin peanut or potato as his logo and gone from there. That would have driven the left crazy.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

Didn't a ESPN analyst do a moment of silence for I can't remember if it was for BYU volleyball fan's racist comment or something else I can't remember. Point being is that politics should be left out in sports, but once again I guess it depends on what side of the spectrum one is on.

During a game? That would have been worse than what Hahn did, IMO.

Btw, if Hahn had expanded on his comments, amd referenced the impact to the bowl game planning because facilities were being used (like the Costas comments), I don't think he'd be getting nearly the heat

Instead, he sounded callous.

I'm not a "keep politics out of sports" guy. I just think there is a time, place and way. And because we measure things these days in sound bites, Hahn fed the wolves with a sound bite with no context
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

Btw, if Hahn had expanded on his comments, amd referenced the impact to the bowl game planning because facilities were being used (like the Costas comments), I don't think he'd be getting nearly the heat

I'm not a "keep politics out of sports" guy. I just think there is a time, place and way. And because we measure things these days in sound bites, Hahn fed the wolves with a sound bite with no context

Fair. I just wish politics would stay out, we have enough "news channels " and twitter for everyone's opinion. Just me.
Bulldogwolf27
We haven't won a title in men's basketball since Gary's been at state. Maybe it's not a terrible thing for a change.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

Fair. I just wish politics would stay out, we have enough "news channels " and twitter for everyone's opinion. Just me.

And I think athletes can be great engines of change. Now….commentators - that is where there do need to be lines. I don't want to hear Costas rail on about guns or Hahn about immigrants during a game. Taht makes it about themselves

In a panel, or a talks show format - that's where that belongs
But if it is in game, then add context!
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

Extreme context has to be given because 99% of Americans don't keep up with current events.
Wufpack17
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

And I think athletes can be great engines of change. Now….commentators - that is where there do need to be lines. I don't want to hear Costas rail on about guns or Hahn about immigrants during a game. Taht makes it about themselves

That's why it's so hypocritical of the local radio guys to make comments on what Hahn said. Ovies and Giglio literally spend hours a week at times on political non sense. Forcing their views on the audience.

But again, that's capital broadcasting, a liberal organization
birdiePack
Just dumb that we are even having this conversation. The thin skinned woke mob are the worst people on the planet. Here's a news flash.. It's ok for people to have different opinions than you. It's ok for feelings to get hurt from time to time. It's ok to face adversity. It's ok to face the truth. That's how people grow. Or you can become butt hurt by everything around you and be a miserable victim your entire life.
If you never allow for a little fun and relaxation you will become mentally unstable without knowing it.
ncsupack1
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

That's why it's so hypocritical of the local radio guys to make comments on what Hahn said. Ovies and Giglio literally spend hours a week at times on political non sense. Forcing their views on the audience.

I don't listen to anything on 99.9 the fan. Not my thing.
mrcpack17
The shut up and dribble crowd really did a 180 on this one huh?
GuerrillaPack
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here's audio of Gary saying this during the broadcast:

https://instagr.am/p/Cm1y9jjqRfG
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
mrcpack17 said:

I guess it needs to be repeated again...

Did conservatives cry and whine and demand that Lebron be fired? No.

But commie libtards are squealing and whining that people like Gary Hahn be fired, and supporting his suspension.

See the difference? One side wants to destroy the lives and careers of people for espousing opinions they don't like.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
And one more thing...this will end the MASSIVE commie libtard hypocrisy on this once and for all.

The libtard clowns want to say that Hahn should be rightfully suspended, because what he said has no place in sports and "we should keep politics out of sports".

You clowns have been ramming this George Floyd and "Black Lives Matter" horse $h** down our throats for how many years now?? "Keep politics out of sports"?? My ***. They are still kneeling at the beginning of games with the announcer asking for a "moment of silence", at games at NC State before the national anthem over this garbage.

How many times have these sports leagues used their power to push the LGBTQ agenda? How many rainbow flags and pro-LGBTQ campaigns plastered everywhere on uniforms and at these sports events to promote the transgender and Sodomite insanity?

You people are the ultimate hypocrites in everything. You blatantly use sports to push your ideological and political agenda. You aren't against injecting politics into sports. You only have a problem with it when someone voices a conservative, right-wing, anti-Establishment opinion. You have no problem at all with the NBA, NFL, and entire NCAA using sports to shove the "Black Lives Matter" and LGBTQ and other Leftist agendas down our throats at every turn.

BigYank1
At least there is one conservative leaning news outlet out there standing up to the woke mob:

https://www.outkick.com/learfield-stays-quiet-after-n-c-state-announcer-gary-hahn-was-suspended-for-illegal-aliens-comment/
bgr3
GuerrillaPack said:

And one more thing...this will end the MASSIVE commie libtard hypocrisy on this once and for all.

The libtard clowns want to say that Hahn should be rightfully suspended, because what he said has no place in sports and "we should keep politics out of sports".

You clowns have been ramming this George Floyd and "Black Lives Matter" horse $h** down our throats for how many years now?? "Keep politics out of sports"?? My ***. They are still kneeling at the beginning of games for NC State before the national anthem over that garbage.

You people are the ultimate hypocrites in everything. You blatantly use sports to push your ideological agenda.

It isn't hypocrisy, it's hierarchy. The double standard is the point. You are under the charitable impression that they want to live in a society with neutral rules but just that the rules be different. They want power and to wield it over others, nothing more, nothing less.
packgrad
mrcpack17 said:

This is just stupid.
packgrad
BigYank1 said:

At least there is one conservative leaning news outlet out there standing up to the woke mob:

https://www.outkick.com/learfield-stays-quiet-after-n-c-state-announcer-gary-hahn-was-suspended-for-illegal-aliens-comment/

He makes too much sense for liberals and pretindependents.
Packchem91
Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

Again, comparing a talk show to a game broadcast seems to miss the point entirely. The whole idea of a talk show, as I understand it, is to say things often controversial to stimulate conversation

I would fully expect things to get political or confrontational there. This is why I haven't watched a no -game broadcast on ESPN in about 15 years. When you tune into a game broadcast, you are going to hear about the game
caryking
NM
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
wolf howl
Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

Again, comparing a talk show to a game broadcast seems to miss the point entirely. The whole idea of a talk show, as I understand it, is to say things often controversial to stimulate conversation

I would fully expect things to get political or confrontational there. This is why I haven't watched a no -game broadcast on ESPN in about 15 years. When you tune into a game broadcast, you are going to hear about the game
The illegal immigrants impacted the bowl game activities. Sounds relevant to me. As much as LeBron spouting his bunch of nonsense after every game about whatever leftist topic is given to him that day.

If he'd said, "How about the Democrats in congress signing every single person in the United States up for an additional $10k in personal debt to fund their pet projects, Ukraine, woke bs, etc." then I'd agree it had no place being mentioned, though true.
jkpackfan
GuerrillaPack said:

You clowns have been ramming this George Floyd and "Black Lives Matter" horse $h** down our throats for how many years now?? "Keep politics out of sports"?? My ***. They are still kneeling at the beginning of games with the announcer asking for a "moment of silence", at games at NC State before the national anthem over this garbage.

How many times have these sports leagues used their power to push the LGBTQ agenda? How many rainbow flags and pro-LGBTQ campaigns plastered everywhere on uniforms and at these sports events to promote the transgender and Sodomite insanity?

You people are the ultimate hypocrites in everything. You blatantly use sports to push your ideological and political agenda. You aren't against injecting politics into sports. You only have a problem with it when someone voices a conservative, right-wing, anti-Establishment opinion. You have no problem at all with the NBA, NFL, and entire NCAA using sports to shove the "Black Lives Matter" and LGBTQ and other Leftist agendas down our throats at every turn.

I can't like this post enough.
Werewolf
jkpackfan said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I can't like this post enough.
Yep, GP nailed it.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
TheStorm
Spectrum News had it plastered all over their newscast second half of the afternoon yesterday... of course they didn't play the actual transcript, because that wouldn't be "sensational" enough for their needs.

Him getting suspended over such an inane remark, may be about the dumbest thing of this nature that I've seen in my entire lifetime.
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

AnaeAnae said:

Asylum seekers aren't "illegal aliens"
I'm not sure if this is a joke…

That said, the US does not have anything like an economic asylum laws. These people are coming here for a better (I can't blame them). While we're at it, let's just open things up for an additional 4B people. Most, in the world are seeking a better life…
Yes, they yearn to live in the land of the free. Stuff.
Packchem91
wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wufpack17 said:

My thoughts on it.

The illegal immigrants impacted the bowl game activities. Sounds relevant to me. As much as LeBron spouting his bunch of nonsense after every game about whatever leftist topic is given to him that day.

If he'd said, "How about the Democrats in congress signing every single person in the United States up for an additional $10k in personal debt to fund their pet projects, Ukraine, woke bs, etc." then I'd agree it had no place being mentioned, though true.

Likewise, if he'd have said "team x won today down in El Paso, where the bowl prep and facilities were impacted by the city trying to accommodate the illegal aliens influx, but the bowl was still played and team x prevailed", he'd have been ok

-
Again, context matters. Imagine if on the Panthers game today, the announcer says, later today, the 49ers will temporarily escape the land of the gays and lesbians amd will head over to Oakland to play ".
Or, the Falcons players are hosting today just down the road from where some racist red necks chased down and killed a man running thru a neighborhood

Both are technically true like all of you keep harping on. Do you think both / either of those just get a pass?

Of course not.
packgrad
caryking
packgrad said:

I agree…

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

packgrad said:

I agree…

Well now we get input from a guy who has experience making a firable comment!
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

I agree…

2023 has spoken!

Joe Biden
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

I agree…

Dude let it go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.