Gary Hahn Suspended

15,889 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Marco
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Have none of y'all worked jobs? When you say dumb **** there are consequences, it's a fairly simple concept. It has nothing to do with politics, ideology, whatever you want to call it.

Gary hopefully won't and shouldn't be fired over it but he goofed and Learfield did something about it. Big whoop. Readjust your tin foil hats and settle down.
I've been in senior leadership in fortune 40 companies for years but please tell me how the "real world" works. LOL

You and other snowflakes were butt hurt by him saying "illegal aliens". Let's all be real and agree that's not offensive in any way, shape or form and then reassess the situation.

Send an email to your entire organization on Tuesday about a new "fill in the blank" to be installed in southern Texas where all the illegal immigrants are, and see how that goes over for you , lol.

I can't imagine an industry where an out-of-context comment that is dripping in political sentiment like that would not draw extremely negative reaction.

Context matters. Discussion of illegal immigration is a major topic and should be able to be discussed, but when you tie a comment completely out of context, you reap what you sow

ESPN literally does this every day. Every single day. Gun control. "Racism". You name it. It is 100% allowed IF it follows the leftist playbook. Name a SINGE instance where someone went too far on the left on air with their opinions and got canceled. Please.

And, again, "illegal aliens" isn't offensive. LOL It's the legit term for people that are in ANY country illegally. JFC

In what context? If an espn game announcer said, "at abgame in Lubbock today where gun proliferation is responsible for hundreds of Texans getting killed every year the Raiders beat the….", that announcer would get into trouble.

Because it's completely out of context. What happens on sports center or their liberal talk shows has zero to do with what happens on a game broadcast.
Werewolf
910wolf said:

I get the argument that it wasn't the appropriate time or place for the comment.

But I've seen people call this a racist comment. Have we really gotten to the point that people think "Illegal aliens" is racist? It's a factual term.
precisely.

We all need to be thinking long and hard about where all this **** goes over time.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
wolf howl
Werewolf said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

wolf howl said:

I'm done here at IPS and at State if you can't have an opinion or voice that dissents from the woke. It's ridiculous. Refuse to give my money to people that want to control narratives.
LOL at this poster literally threatening to cancel this website and his university over opinions that dissent from his. Talk about wanting to control narratives.
He's standing up for the right to speak freely. Something we're all too ready to give up. IPS does a fantastic job with allowing free speech here.......

I'd been banned on twitter for 4-5 years until recently. Facebook took me down numerous times for freely speaking and I managed to discontinue posting such that I was restored from FB jail. Later, FB determined I was participating and sharing info via MESSENGER and removed my account permanently. You just don't get it I'm sure.
People like him will never get it. They think ANY dissenting opinion should be eradicated. Even in the face of Twitterfiles and sharing of internal emails and messages literally proving exactly what has been said for years about suppression and controlling narratives by the left, they are ok with it. I'd argue the vast majority have no clue about #TwitterFiles as they only slurp what is fed to them by main stream media.
wolf howl
Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Have none of y'all worked jobs? When you say dumb **** there are consequences, it's a fairly simple concept. It has nothing to do with politics, ideology, whatever you want to call it.

Gary hopefully won't and shouldn't be fired over it but he goofed and Learfield did something about it. Big whoop. Readjust your tin foil hats and settle down.
I've been in senior leadership in fortune 40 companies for years but please tell me how the "real world" works. LOL

You and other snowflakes were butt hurt by him saying "illegal aliens". Let's all be real and agree that's not offensive in any way, shape or form and then reassess the situation.

Send an email to your entire organization on Tuesday about a new "fill in the blank" to be installed in southern Texas where all the illegal immigrants are, and see how that goes over for you , lol.

I can't imagine an industry where an out-of-context comment that is dripping in political sentiment like that would not draw extremely negative reaction.

Context matters. Discussion of illegal immigration is a major topic and should be able to be discussed, but when you tie a comment completely out of context, you reap what you sow

ESPN literally does this every day. Every single day. Gun control. "Racism". You name it. It is 100% allowed IF it follows the leftist playbook. Name a SINGE instance where someone went too far on the left on air with their opinions and got canceled. Please.

And, again, "illegal aliens" isn't offensive. LOL It's the legit term for people that are in ANY country illegally. JFC

In what context? If an espn game announcer said, "at abgame in Lubbock today where gun proliferation is responsible for hundreds of Texans getting killed every year the Raiders beat the….", that announcer would get into trouble.

Because it's completely out of context. What happens on sports center or their liberal talk shows has zero to do with what happens on a game broadcast.

Can you name a single announcer suspended or canceled for being too far left and saying that? Announcer, news anchor, talk show host, radio personality, anything? You can't.

That's the issue here. No dissenting opinions are allowed. You are fine with that control of everything, I am not.
MrStateFanGuy
Werewolf said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

wolf howl said:

I'm done here at IPS and at State if you can't have an opinion or voice that dissents from the woke. It's ridiculous. Refuse to give my money to people that want to control narratives.
LOL at this poster literally threatening to cancel this website and his university over opinions that dissent from his. Talk about wanting to control narratives.
He's standing up for the right to speak freely. Something we're all too ready to give up. IPS does a fantastic job with allowing free speech here.......

I'd been banned on twitter for 4-5 years until recently. Facebook took me down numerous times for freely speaking and I managed to discontinue posting such that I was restored from FB jail. Later, FB determined I was participating and sharing info via MESSENGER and removed my account permanently. You just don't get it I'm sure.
Hmm. Out of curiosity, what were you talking about on Twitter on Facebook that got you banned?
Packchem91
wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Can you name a single announcer suspended or canceled for being too far left and saying that? Announcer, news anchor, talk show host, radio personality, anything? You can't.

That's the issue here. No dissenting opinions are allowed. You are fine with that control of everything, I am not.

Can you name one who said taht in a game situation amd got away with it

How about. Hey joe, I'm Oklahoma City tonight, where right wing rads are threats to blowing up federal buildings, the Thunder beat xxxx?

Give me an example?
Not sports center crap….. An in-game game discussion.
hokiewolf
I think people seem to be conveniently ignoring that Gary is a contract employee with Learfield, not NC State. Not knowing what is exactly in his contract with them, I can only speculate that he broke something in the contract language where the punishment became an indefinite suspension.

This is really not a free speech issue, the man signed a contract, made a clunky attempt at a joke that probably violated the contract he signed.

This whataboutism about double standards is a really shoddy argument at this point. I recognize there's the possibility of a double standard every day with respect to all media, but it really has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Remember, contracts don't have feelings.
DJncsu13
Didn't realize El Paso is operating under a state of emergency due to all the immigrants seeking asylum. Is it really that big of a deal for Gary to point out what has become a crisis situation down there??
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
KKandDD
wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

It's not remotely close to being a racist comment. That's absurd. It was unprofessional, unnecessary, and completely random, but not racist.
Do you say the same every time ESPN spouts their woke values? Gun control, racism, etc.? Or we driving on a one way street here?

I don't watch ESPN for the reasons you state. Are you ok?
AnaeAnae
ANGRY NOISES
AnaeAnae
Asylum seekers aren't "illegal aliens"
wolf howl
KKandDD said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

It's not remotely close to being a racist comment. That's absurd. It was unprofessional, unnecessary, and completely random, but not racist.
Do you say the same every time ESPN spouts their woke values? Gun control, racism, etc.? Or we driving on a one way street here?

I don't watch ESPN for the reasons you state. Are you ok?
So you agree it's a one way street. Glad we agree there.
wolf howl
Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

How about. Hey joe, I'm Oklahoma City tonight, where right wing rads are threats to blowing up federal buildings, the Thunder beat xxxx?

Give me an example?
Go back to 2020 leading up to the election and they all were talking about how racist you were. I stopped watching sports because every single broadcast included leftist talking points to open every contest and during it.

https://mashable.com/article/college-gameday-kirk-herbstreit-racism-speech

Is saying the words "illegal aliens" hurtful to you? Is that "right wing" to you?
PackFansXL
Quote:

". . . the Sun Bowl and amongst all the illegal aliens down in El Paso, it's UCLA 14 and Pittsburgh 6,"
I wonder what Learfield is actually concerned about here.
Marco
Birds of tha same feathers flock together!!
Marco
When someone show you who they are,believe them!!I see you Gary!!
Marco
Concerned about what you would be concerned about if you own Learfield!!
FinsUp
Well, the man has had a front row seat for 31 years of NC State $h!t, and had to smile while telling us about it. Guess even he couldn't take it anymore.
Packchem91
wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Give me an example?
Go back to 2020 leading up to the election and they all were talking about how racist you were. I stopped watching sports because every single broadcast included leftist talking points to open every contest and during it.

Is saying the words "illegal aliens" hurtful to you? Is that "right wing" to you?

Lol, that's your example? So you chose something that is definitely NOT like what Hahn did?
I asked you for an example where a game announcer makes a blatant regional political statement , and you reference a game day feature where Herbstreit implores people to do better?

Yeah, with rationalizations like yours, no wonder we can't all just get along.
DrummerboyWolf
AnaeAnae said:

Oh the "undocumented" immigrants" sighting. If you cross the border illegally, then you are indeed an illegal alien. There is a lawful way to get into the United States, but if you choose to come in and cross the border in the dark of night in the desert or the Rio Grande Valley, you are breaking the law. Unfortunately the law is not getting enforced anywhere near enough.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
KKandDD
Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Give me an example?

Lol, that's your example? So you chose something that is definitely NOT like what Hahn did?
I asked you for an example where a game announcer makes a blatant regional political statement , and you reference a game day feature where Herbstreit implores people to do better?

Just give up. You can't win with the binary brainwashing, unfortunately too many people have gotten completely sucked in and lost their common sense.
Tootie4Pack
Gary made an attempt at humor that wasn't in some people's eyes, most likely it violated his contract , and a slip of the tongue creates a way too big of a discussion.

He's human , he made a mistake , we all make mistakes each and every day. He can apologize and then continue on as our long time announcer. Move on.
Packchem91
KKandDD said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Give me an example?

Just give up. You can't win with the binary brainwashing, unfortunately too many people have gotten completely sucked in and lost their common sense.

It's amazing this isn't more obvious. It's one thing when you see the idiots on Twitter / FB trying to defend the comment; but these are college grads?
And business people?
Packchem91
Tootie4Pack said:

Gary made an attempt at humor that wasn't in some people's eyes, most likely it violated his contract , and a slip of the tongue creates a way too big of a discussion.

He's human , he made a mistake , we all make mistakes each and every day. He can apologize and then continue on as our long time announcer. Move on.

I would agree an apology "should " be enough. Maybe a week long suspension or some such (need other input on personnel file). But I do think the run this is getting on SM will make it much tougher on him. Once the ball starts rolling downhill there….and sadly, he should have been aware of that
SaltWaterWolf
DJncsu13 said:

Didn't realize El Paso is operating under a state of emergency due to all the immigrants seeking asylum. Is it really that big of a deal for Gary to point out what has become a crisis situation down there??
They actually cancelled the Sun Bowl fan fest because the convention center was being used to house illegal immigrants/aliens. They've had a huge recent surge, hence the state of emergency was declared. Normal Sun Bowl activities were affected by the number of illegal aliens currently in the city, so Gary said nothing that was either wrong or political.

Illegal Aliens is not a political term. Now, how to deal with the illegal alien problem is a political issue. Gary said nothing that could be called political.
Glasswolf
wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Did you complain when Jemelle Hill got suspended by ESPN for calling Trump a White Supremacist?
packgrad
KKandDD said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

Packchem91 said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Give me an example?

You need an example? Mark Jones and Jacob Blake.

packgrad
Glasswolf said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Did you complain when Jemelle Hill got suspended by ESPN for calling Trump a White Supremacist?

Lol. That's untrue though. What Hahn said wasnt.
Glasswolf
packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Untrue to some, true to others. See how this works? And nobody tried to cancel this being discussed. Steve/James just didn't want it on the sports forums.
Glasswolf
SaltWaterWolf said:

DJncsu13 said:

They actually cancelled the Sun Bowl fan fest because the convention center was being used to house illegal immigrants/aliens. They've had a huge recent surge, hence the state of emergency was declared. Normal Sun Bowl activities were affected by the number of illegal aliens currently in the city, so Gary said nothing that was either wrong or political.

Illegal Aliens is not a political term. Now, how to deal with the illegal alien problem is a political issue. Gary said nothing that could be called political.

I agree with everything you said 100%. But GH shouldn't have used his platform to say what he said. I'm perfectly ok with him saying it using any avenue but the one his job provides. If I talk politics or religion at my work I get in trouble. It's a no no and it's written into my employment agreement. And we are encouraged to practice our faith and participate in the political process outside of work
packgrad
Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Untrue to some, true to others. See how this works? And nobody tried to cancel this being discussed. Steve/James just didn't want it on the sports forums.

That's fine they didn't want it on the sports board. Untrue to some and true to others is complete nonsense, and again the situation is not even remotely comparable anyway. See how this works?
caryking
AnaeAnae said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke…

That said, the US does not have anything like an economic asylum laws. These people are coming here for a better (I can't blame them). While we're at it, let's just open things up for an additional 4B people. Most, in the world are seeking a better life…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Werewolf
MrStateFanGuy said:

Werewolf said:

MrStateFanGuy said:

wolf howl said:

Hmm. Out of curiosity, what were you talking about on Twitter on Facebook that got you banned?
Politics my friend; the non-woke thinking. Any hoot, its fine when the other thought is suppressed but your thoughts are allowed to flow freely..............CCP style.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
Glasswolf said:

packgrad said:

Glasswolf said:

wolf howl said:

KKandDD said:

Glass, the "true" statement is not accurate, at all. No one can prove (essentially saying it's true) anyone as a racist, unless the person comes out and says they are. Now, you can have an opinion…. That, is fair game, all day long.

So, be careful when using "matter of fact" comments, when accusing someone of being a racist.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wufpack17
KKandDD said:

It appears Gary was referencing the immigration crisis in El Paso. One that resulted in the Sun Bowl moving several activities and cancelling events because of it. Illegal immigrants are literally sleeping on sidewalks outside of the stadium.

It's a major national news story.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.