TRUMP 2024

212,734 Views | 3446 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BBW12OG
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

I read a comment on X this morning from a DC insider who said that the Senate GOP caucus was rebelling against McConnell and that rebellion was gaining momentum, hence, McConnell saw the handwriting on the wall.
I certainly hope that's true. The established Republicans need to get in line or move on... It's my opinion, they are as dangerous as most Dems.

First off: our deficits are a staggering number in perpetuity... We will probably never make a dent in our debt; so, let's at least not continue to run deficits that add to the debt. 1T in debt service is not a healthy place to be!

I know some will disagree with deficits and/or debts being at an alarming place; well, we will just have to disagree.
Your preferred candidate doesn't want to do anything with entitlement spending.
1T in debt service is a lot!!! How much are we over paying in entitlements?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

I read a comment on X this morning from a DC insider who said that the Senate GOP caucus was rebelling against McConnell and that rebellion was gaining momentum, hence, McConnell saw the handwriting on the wall.
I certainly hope that's true. The established Republicans need to get in line or move on... It's my opinion, they are as dangerous as most Dems.

First off: our deficits are a staggering number in perpetuity... We will probably never make a dent in our debt; so, let's at least not continue to run deficits that add to the debt. 1T in debt service is not a healthy place to be!

I know some will disagree with deficits and/or debts being at an alarming place; well, we will just have to disagree.
entitlements are what is leading to the deficits in the budget and the ballooning of debt service.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

entitlements are what is leading to the deficits in the budget and the ballooning of debt service.
Hokie, with all due respect, that's just not true, right now. Entitlements are going to be a problem in the future; however, not right now..

Remember, during the COVID years, we really never slowed down some of the balloon spending, we were doing. It's almost as if it's baked into the numbers now.

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Hokie, with all due respect, that's just not true, right now. Entitlements are going to be a problem in the future; however, not right now..

Remember, during the COVID years, we really never slowed down some of the balloon spending, we were doing. It's almost as if it's baked into the numbers now.
that's a rounding error compared to entitlement spending over the next ten years. You boomers have screwed us Cary! Lol
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

that's a rounding error compared to entitlement spending over the next ten years. You boomers have screwed us Cary! Lol

Cut off all of the Water Cooler fogies' Social Security checks, and dump them off of Medicare. For the country!!!
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

58 in March. I'm a borderline problem person. Yes, I agree.. entitlement spending will get out of control real soon. Theirs no doubt about it. That said, entitlement spending and servicing the debt is probably about the same size, plus add in another 1T for defense and we are spending a ton of money…

Joe Biden
jkpackfan
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

I've gotta agree with hokie here, it's definitely a problem.
SmaptyWolf
jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

The problem is that since these "entitlements" (which are actually "earned benefits") have existed conservatives have wanted to get rid of them, so for decades they've gutted taxes while spiking the deficit in an effort to starve them to death.

If it's such a huge problem, maybe stop doing that?
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Before this conversation goes any further, I think it best to have a consensus on the definition of "entitlement".
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

The problem is that since these "entitlements" (which are actually "earned benefits") have existed conservatives have wanted to get rid of them, so for decades they've gutted taxes while spiking the deficit in an effort to starve them to death.

no, the issue is that there aren't enough people in Gen X to mooch off of to get to the next generation. So, to keep benefits the same, you're going to have to double the tax rate on all tax brackets.
Werewolf
The swamp is deep and vast......the judicial system filled with corruption.

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

I've gotta agree with hokie here, it's definitely a problem

no, the issue is that there aren't enough people in Gen X to mooch off of to get to the next generation. So, to keep benefits the same, you're going to have to double the tax rate on all tax brackets.
I think most people will receive far more, than they put in, using a reasonable return rate. Also, (and I don't know this for sure) Medicare probably receives far less than is put out each year.

Regarding Social Security, I am very confident I will never get out what I put in, even with the cap, on earnings, we've seen for so long. Now, if they continue to increase, or do away with, the cap, I will continue to subsidize the program. As far as I'm concerned, that was never the intentions of the program. It's now became a Ponzi scheme.

Joe Biden
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Before this conversation goes any further, I think it best to have a consensus on the definition of "entitlement".
That's actually is a good point. People who pay into a program expect a return; therefore, none are entitlements. Unfortunately, too many people take out more than they put in, so, damn near every program is an entitlement, for some…

Joe Biden
packgrad
TheStorm
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

58 in March. I'm a borderline problem person. Yes, I agree.. entitlement spending will get out of control real soon. Theirs no doubt about it. That said, entitlement spending and servicing the debt is probably about the same size, plus add in another 1T for defense and we are spending a ton of money…
If you were born in 1966, you are in the 2nd year of Generation X...
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Conservatives have been insisting that these programs are unworkable since they've existed, doom is always just around the corner, you'll never get what you paid in, moochers are stealing your money, etc, etc, etc. And of course there's the endless scam of Republicans jacking up the deficit and then saying "I declaya! Would you just look at this deficit! I'm afraid we got no choice but to slash these big gubmint programs!"

But yeah, sorry, even with Boomers blowing things up the problem just isn't that intractable. For Social Security, ditching the rich guy cap alone would get you 80% of the way towards solvency. From there you could raise payroll taxes from like 6.2% to 6.4% and the system is completely solvent with full benefits. Or don't raise the cap and let the working stiffs pay like 7.6% instead. Either way, not exactly the end of the world.

Medicare is also not that hard to fix, and in many ways the ACA has put the program in much better shape anyway.

Funny how an ideology that wants to prove that anything we do collectively is a catastrophe always sees a catastrophe.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Conservatives have been insisting that these programs are unworkable since they've existed, doom is always just around the corner, you'll never get what you paid in, moochers are stealing your money, etc, etc, etc. And of course there's the endless scam of Republicans jacking up the deficit and then saying "I declaya! Would you just look at this deficit! I'm afraid we got no choice but to slash these big gubmint programs!"

But yeah, sorry, even with Boomers blowing things up the problem just isn't that intractable. For Social Security, ditching the rich guy cap alone would get you 80% of the way towards solvency. From there you could raise payroll taxes from like 6.2% to 6.4% and the system is completely solvent with full benefits. Or don't raise the cap and let the working stiffs pay like 7.6% instead. Either way, not exactly the end of the world.

Medicare is also not that hard to fix, and in many ways the ACA has put the program in much better shape anyway.

Funny how an ideology that wants to prove that anything we do collectively is a catastrophe always sees a catastrophe.
All good thoughts, just completely wrong.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Lol, which part? That you guys have been trying to gut these programs since they've existed? Or that you've been swimming for a lifetime in anti-"entitlement" propaganda using endless statistical tricks to "prove" that the programs need to be gutted soon or we're doomed?
Werewolf
LOL ;-)

hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Lol, which part? That you guys have been trying to gut these programs since they've existed? Or that you've been swimming for a lifetime in anti-"entitlement" propaganda using endless statistical tricks to "prove" that the programs need to be gutted soon or we're doomed?
we are doomed. Stagflation will occur if we don't get entitlement spending under control. When in 10 years we're at 180% of the GMP on entitlements, then what?
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

we are doomed. Stagflation will occur if we don't get entitlement spending under control. When in 10 years we're at 180% of the GMP on entitlements, then what?

I dunno, wait for the boomers to die off and then watch the deficit drop like a rock again? Japan's been at like 230% of GDP for a while and they're doing pretty well these days actually, so I think we'd survive in the meantime.

If it really bothers you though we could always -gasp- raise taxes a percent or two. DOOM!!!

You guys talk about tax cuts as if the lower bound is zero. Maybe it's actually not. But you see the deficit now and say the only solution is to get grandma back on the street eating cat food... we just can't afford you, granny! Couldn't possibly be that you handed the Great Gatsby one too many tax breaks?
Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

There's no question that we're facing a sovereign debt crisis. I remember stagflation in the seventies, this will likely be far worse. The only medicine would be just as harsh…a cataclysmic crash in the equity and credit markets wrenching massive liquidity out of the system leading to full blown deflation…just as awful in its own way, particularly for debtors. China is reportedly getting a small taste of this now, painful, but not yet on the scale I'm describing. The Fed will fight this scenario at all costs, as continual inflation is their life raft for attempting to deal with a sovereign debt crisis that perhaps cannot really be dealt with.
SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

There's no question that we're facing a sovereign debt crisis. I remember stagflation in the seventies, this will likely be far worse. The only medicine would be just as harsh…a cataclysmic crash in the equity and credit markets wrenching massive liquidity out of the system leading to full blown deflation…just as awful in its own way, particularly for debtors. China is reportedly getting a small taste of this now, painful, but not yet on the scale I'm describing. The Fed will fight this scenario at all costs, as continual inflation is their life raft for attempting to deal with a sovereign debt crisis that perhaps cannot really be dealt with.

Lol, you know you're talking to a macroeconomic expert when they break out the term "sovereign debt crises".

caryking
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Liberals are always looking to find a way for some to support the many. I will never get out what I put in. This program was supposed to work as an investment; however, it has been turned into an entitlement for many.

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of paying into something that I'll never see a complete return. As a person, that is a so-called Wall Street guy, a negative return doesn't work…. Wait, that's right, he wanted a bailout!!

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Liberals are always looking to find a way for some to support the many. I will never get out what I put in. This program was supposed to work as an investment; however, it has been turned into an entitlement for many.

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of paying into something that I'll never see a complete return. As a person, that is a so-called Wall Street guy, a negative return doesn't work…. Wait, that's right, he wanted a bailout!!

Lol, it cracks me up that you think you're trolling me about Lehman Brothers going under. Ancient history.

Since you're clearly not a Wall St guy, let me help you out. Conservative fan fiction aside, you actually aren't getting a negative return from Social Security, although thinking of it in terms of a "return" is a little wacky since it's more like a pension or an annuity. But regardless, even at the worst case edge of the spectrum of income and age variables, your getting a "return" of around 4.52% (best case around 6.52%). Risk free! For most folks who are financially illiterate you could do much worse.

I think you're confusing reality with your fear that conservative efforts to screw people out of their payments might become a reality. They won't. I can guarantee no politician would survive that electoral stupidity. America has seen tent cities in Central Park and parents eating cat food. We ain't going back there, no matter how many moronic Ayn Rand books you guys read.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Lol, it cracks me up that you think you're trolling me about Lehman Brothers going under. Ancient history.

Since you're clearly not a Wall St guy, let me help you out. Conservative fan fiction aside, you actually aren't getting a negative return from Social Security, although thinking of it in terms of a "return" is a little wacky since it's more like a pension or an annuity. But regardless, even at the worst case edge of the spectrum of income and age variables, your getting a "return" of around 4.52% (best case around 6.52%). Risk free! For most folks who are financially illiterate you could do much worse.

I think you're confusing reality with your fear that conservative efforts to screw people out of their payments might become a reality. They won't. I can guarantee no politician would survive that electoral stupidity. America has seen tent cities in Central Park and parents eating cat food. We ain't going back there, no matter how many moronic Ayn Rand books you guys read.
Can I get mine now? I want to cash out. At the same time, I don't want to invest anymore.

Thoughts?

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Can I get mine now? I want to cash out. At the same time, I don't want to invest anymore.

Thoughts?

Nope! Sorry, that's the price of living in the strongest economy on the planet. Our safety net is part of the reason why. Just ask China right now... among a few other systemic problems, their aversion to having a safety net (which forces their people to save way too much) has absolutely screwed them.

Here's a thought! Pack up and move your extended family to Haiti. It's a Libertarian paradise! Barely any federal government to speak of, and definitely no safety net. Your ancestors will thank you for such a smart, tax saving move.

Anyway, hopefully now you can stop bawling about all of your hard earned money going to the poors. Social Security ain't Welfare.
hokiewolf
This is a good representation of the real state of things.

caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Thoughts?

Nope! Sorry, that's the price of living in the strongest economy on the planet. Our safety net is part of the reason why. Just ask China right now... among a few other systemic problems, their aversion to having a safety net (which forces their people to save way too much) has absolutely screwed them.

Here's a thought! Pack up and move your extended family to Haiti. It's a Libertarian paradise! Barely any federal government to speak of, and definitely no safety net. Your ancestors will thank you for such a smart, tax saving move.

Anyway, hopefully now you can stop bawling about all of your hard earned money going to the poors. Social Security ain't Welfare.
That's exactly what it is, for some.

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

If you're interested in the real state of things, you should probably avoid "economists" that work for partisan think tanks.
packgrad
Vote Trump.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

If you're interested in the real state of things, you should probably avoid "economists" that work for partisan think tanks.
I tend to believe a guy who is trying to feed you spinach instead of painting a rosy picture.
Werewolf
Time to pick a side if you havent already... This dying Marine has.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLeUYKRA/
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

I tend to believe a guy who is trying to feed you spinach instead of painting a rosy picture.

This guy has a bachelors in economics and has spent his career writing right wing policy papers.

I tend to believe economists who actually work in the field of economics.
SmaptyWolf
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Trump is in the process of fleecing his gullible followers again, so be warned.

Truth Social is about to go public via a SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Vehicle), a highly dubious way of going public that avoids the IPO process. Currently the company has net revenues of a FEW MILLION DOLLARS, basically equivalent to a small dental practice. Yet they are counting on YOU to pump the stock's value up into the billions.

Trump employed a very similar strategy during his Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts scam in the 90s, in which he also brought the failing casino public, pumped the price into the stratosphere, got out making a bunch of money, then left his adoring fans broke when the bubble quickly burst soon afterwards.

So yeah, if you're going to invest in Truth Social, here are a couple investment tips:
  • Get out before 6 months. Due to SPAC merger regulations Trump can't get out before then. But he will get out the day after. You don't want to be invested then.
  • Otherwise, think of it as a donation to Trump. You will be losing this investment. Because it is a transparent scam.

Have a nice day!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.