TRUMP 2024

211,315 Views | 3413 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by ncsupack1
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Werewolf
Addendum to PackGrad's post.
Werewolf
Addendum #2.

Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Vivek is as good a communicator as we've seen in a long time, pure and simple…
Evidence that his education was funded by Soros. He talks a great game and I have no issues with his words. He's spot on but could he be a Soros shill. Just sayin'.

Trust but verify or don't trust and attempt to verify. It's nearly impossible when the news media is controlled.
Oh, I'm not going to vote for him, don't get me wrong. But he's doing amazing job of putting other candidates on the spot who haven't called out her pathetic excuse for leadership.
Werewolf
He's damn good at it.......
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Evidence that his education was funded by Soros. He talks a great game and I have no issues with his words. He's spot on but could he be a Soros shill. Just sayin'.

Trust but verify or don't trust and attempt to verify. It's nearly impossible when the news media is controlled.
Oh, I'm not going to vote for him, don't get me wrong. But he's doing amazing job of putting other candidates on the spot who haven't called out her pathetic excuse for leadership.
If my guy goes to prison, like some want, then I'll be voting for Vivek.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

β€œthey built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

I think he's an idiot and a jackass.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
jkpackfan
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Thanks Hokie, we were all on the edge of our seats waiting for your opinion on him We also know you won't vote for the Republican nominee regardless.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Hokie, who are you liking?

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Someone who will be the brakes off of Biden, and it ain't going to be Trump or Vivek. In current polling "generic republican" beats the brakes off of Biden. Give me a generic Republican, not some lunatic.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Someone who will be the brakes off of Biden, and it ain't going to be Trump or Vivek. In current polling "generic republican" beats the brakes off of Biden. Give me a generic Republican, not some lunatic.

C'mon Nikki!
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

You know the Water Cooler is full of radical nutcases when two of the three "liberals" are just Republicans who aren't down with the MAGA cult.
packgrad
Lol
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

You know the Water Cooler is full of radical nutcases when two of the three "liberals" are just Republicans who aren't down with the MAGA cult.

I'm sure the "Never Dem" crowd on here will get a chuckle out of that.

Hell they think it's funny I'm a pretindependent.

If I were voting Pub, Haley is clearly the most palatable and compassionate of the Pub field, especially given her softened or better-explained stances on gay marriage and abortion.

Ramaswamy and DeSantis are Trump wannabe loons. Scott was interesting as a candidate given his positivity and it's ironic and hilarious he got chased out by donors for maybe being gay but he's convinced it's because he's black, neither of which are exactly ringing endorsements of the humanity of the party but do illustrate perfectly where the party is right now.

We'd all be much much better off with a Buttigieg - Haley race (or Wes Moore or Shapiro or Whitmer or whoever) than Biden-Trump for sure.
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

If I were voting Pub, Haley is clearly the most palatable and compassionate of the Pub field, especially given her softened or better-explained stances on gay marriage and abortion.

Ramaswamy and DeSantis are Trump wannabe loons. Scott was interesting as a candidate given his positivity and it's ironic and hilarious he got chased out by donors for maybe being gay but he's convinced it's because he's black, neither of which are exactly ringing endorsements of the humanity of the party but do illustrate perfectly where the party is right now.

We'd all be much much better off with a Buttigieg - Haley race (or Wes Moore or Shapiro or Whitmer or whoever) than Biden-Trump for sure.
I definitely agree that Haley is a throwback to yesteryear when Republicans were at least somewhat moored to reality... which is of course why she has no chance atm. Hopefully this current cult with burn itself out soon and they'll get back to a conservative party run by adults... not sure how our 2-party system can survive much longer without one.

I am curious... aside from his age (though his "frailty" is way overstated by right wingers), what are your main hang-ups with Biden? If Trump had unemployment numbers this low they'd have already chiseled his face on Mt Rushmore.
Civilized
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

I definitely agree that Haley is a throwback to yesteryear when Republicans were at least somewhat moored to reality... which is of course why she has no chance atm. Hopefully this current cult with burn itself out soon and they'll get back to a conservative party run by adults... not sure how our 2-party system can survive much longer without one.

I am curious... aside from his age (though his "frailty" is way overstated by right wingers), what are your main hang-ups with Biden? If Trump had unemployment numbers this low they'd have already chiseled his face on Mt Rushmore.

Age is my biggest hangup with Biden. I'm ageist AF when it comes to presidents. We shouldn't have 70 YO presidents, much less octogenarians.

My concerns with Biden's age are both performance-related and also the somewhat unlikely (but not terribly-so) possibility that he dies or otherwise becomes unable to continue and Kamala gets to sit in the big girls' chair. She ain't my favey.

I also think he's bent over too much for the wingnuts on the far-left. My hope when he was elected was he would be more centrist and look for more bipartisan solutions than he has to-date (which given the polarized nature of politics now it probably shouldn't be so surprising he had a hard time finding common solutions with a party that's being held hostage by Trump). I think our country needs more centrist, pragmatic, non-partisan solutions and I could easily get behind someone that's actually fairly centrist like Manchin making a run.

My biggest concern with Biden this cycle is that I think running him again is the only way Trump sniffs the Oval Office again. I think any normal, rational, not-elderly Dem candidate beats the breaks off Trump. The irony is that I think someone like Haley would also win resoundingly over Biden. Biden and Trump are two quite unpopular candidates at this point (much like in '16). I voted for Biden in '20 and I would hold my nose and do it again in '24 if he's facing Trump. If Haley actually won the nomination facing Biden (she won't), it would give me pause.

Long story short, Biden's warts don't hold a candle to Trump's but if the world was my oyster neither would be on the ticket next year.
TheStorm
"It would give me pause"

That's hilarious...
packgrad
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

Shows what a moron that guy is when he thinks you're Republican, or hell independent. You supported BLM, Defund the police, every government mandate during covid, you're fine with men pretending to be women showering with girls, you believe in dozens of genders. It shows how far the left has gone when someone that holds these positions think they're independent and the morons on the left think that person is Republican.
packgrad
TheStorm said:

"It would give me pause"

That's hilarious...

Classic.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

Shows what a moron that guy is when he thinks you're Republican, or hell independent. You supported BLM, Defund the police, every government mandate during covid, you're fine with men pretending to be women showering with girls, you believe in dozens of genders. It shows how far the left has gone when someone that holds these positions think they're independent and the morons on the left think that person is Republican.

LOL.

You're batting 0.000 on this post.

You inaccurately described 100% of my positions on these issues. My only surprise is that you didn't throw Russia collussion in there.

Good job.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

LOL.

You're batting 1.000 on this post.

You accurately described 100% of my positions on these issues. My only surprise is that you didn't throw Russia collussion in there.

Good job.

FTFY.
caryking
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

LOL.

You inaccurately described 100% of my positions on these issues. My only surprise is that you didn't throw Russia collussion in there.

Good job.

Civ, what is your position on the following:

BLM
Defund the police
Any government mandate on Covid, whether State or Federal
Men in women's sports
Is gender a male and female or a spectrum

Honestly, I don't know your positions; so, enlighten everyone would probably help so you aren't miss associated with certain beliefs…

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

Age is my biggest hangup with Biden. I'm ageist AF when it comes to presidents. We shouldn't have 70 YO presidents, much less octogenarians.

My concerns with Biden's age are both performance-related and also the somewhat unlikely (but not terribly-so) possibility that he dies or otherwise becomes unable to continue and Kamala gets to sit in the big girls' chair. She ain't my favey.

I also think he's bent over too much for the wingnuts on the far-left. My hope when he was elected was he would be more centrist and look for more bipartisan solutions than he has to-date (which given the polarized nature of politics now it probably shouldn't be so surprising he had a hard time finding common solutions with a party that's being held hostage by Trump). I think our country needs more centrist, pragmatic, non-partisan solutions and I could easily get behind someone that's actually fairly centrist like Manchin making a run.

My biggest concern with Biden this cycle is that I think running him again is the only way Trump sniffs the Oval Office again. I think any normal, rational, not-elderly Dem candidate beats the breaks off Trump. The irony is that I think someone like Haley would also win resoundingly over Biden. Biden and Trump are two quite unpopular candidates at this point (much like in '16). I voted for Biden in '20 and I would hold my nose and do it again in '24 if he's facing Trump. If Haley actually won the nomination facing Biden (she won't), it would give me pause.

Long story short, Biden's warts don't hold a candle to Trump's but if the world was my oyster neither would be on the ticket next year.

Despite the Fox News fan fiction I actually think Biden has been surprisingly sharp for his age... he's pretty effectively maneuvered through some real legislative accomplishments so far despite Republican craziness, and has Europe as united as it's been in ages to smack Putin around. But I agree about Kamala... if he were to keel over it wouldn't be ideal.

Are there particular things he's done so far that you consider far left? It's funny... there's a rule in politics that when one party has gone so far off the edge of the right wing, they always have to paint their adversaries as equal and opposite. So now a Dem who likes Social Security is obviously an OMG MARXIST VERMIN! Yes, the woke stuff annoys even most Dems at this point, but honestly, the farthest left position I can think of any Democrat having seriously considered is "universal health care", something that literally every other first world country on Earth already has. I can't imagine what conservatives would do if we had an actual far left in this country.

The thing is, before Trump we had Obama, who drove Dems nuts with how badly he wanted to be bipartisan. Of course Republicans went scorched Earth on him, refusing to let anything pass, but that didn't dissuade him. His signature accomplishment, Obamacare, was actually him disregarding Dem calls for universal health care and instead taking Romney's free market health care solution instead. He figured how could Republicans not get excited about their own plan? Boom, bipartisanship! Welp, the second the ink was dry it magically transformed into an OMG SOCIALIST TAKEOVER THAT WILL KILL GRANDMA! The same thing happened repeatedly during Obama's tenure, Lucy pulling the football again and again. Democrats (including Biden) learned this lesson well, and it's only gotten worse since Trump.

Manchin knows this well, too... he's just a preening tool with a singular focus on teaming up with Republicans occasionally to stop Dems from ever addressing climate change. He definitely won't be missed.
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

LOL.

Good job.

BLM
Defund the police
Men in women's sports

Honestly, I don't know your positions; so, enlighten everyone would probably help so you aren't miss associated with certain beliefs…

BLM:
The organization is cooky as hell but social justice is terribly important. I've said on here countless times there's no reason why we can't implement common sense measures like de-escalation training, blind charging and sentencing, bias training, selective drug de-criminalization, etc. to draw POC criminal justice outcomes in line with those for whites especially for petty drug offenses. POC shouldn't be pulled by cops, arrested, charged, convicted, and/or sentenced at significantly higher rates than whites that commit the same crimes.

Defund the police:
Dumb as ****

Any government mandate on Covid, whether State or Federal:
Government as an employer? Fine with employers doing what they feel they legally need to do. Employers in most states have the right to prescribe such mandates if they believe their business is best-served by doing so. If you don't like that, change the applicable laws like the Pubs are doing in NC. I don't have problems with using the legislative process to effect change. I do think it's rationally inconsistent to allow private businesses to mandate vaccines but not government (in an employer role). Like I've said on here before I did not require my staff to vaxx but believe there are valid reasons and situations for doing so.

Men in women's sports: Fine with it through middle school. At that age and level of competition, who cares? I would not allow it in high school and up. At some point after boys hit puberty at 15/16 it needs to stop. I think it's ridiculous to allow it in college/professional/Olympic environments. However I also think people are big Puritanical drama queen babies that sexualize bodies and simple anatomy in ways that are completely unhealthy - and this far transcends the issue of trans athletes. I also think the issue of trans athletes is a completely fringe issue that, while important to trans athletes and their families, has been turned into a the right's new "family values" placeholder, like gay marriage was in the early aughts. Much like gay marriage I also think it's a loser for the right to continue obsessing over it.

Is gender a male and female or a spectrum:
A spectrum, obv. Do I think 90%+ of people are just guys or gals? Yes. Do I think the simple matter of being born with a dick or vagina makes this open and shut for 100% of people? No. Why would gender be any different in this way than sexuality? If there are valid biological/hormonal drivers for a small fraction men to be attracted to men and women to women, it makes sense there is a biological/hormonal reason for a small fraction of people born with a vagina to feel and want to live like a man. I don't think it's too big an ask to continue trying to better understand this phenomenon medically and psychologically and meanwhile support such people with some grace when and where possible.
packgrad
Lol

SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

LOL.

Good job.

BLM
Defund the police
Men in women's sports

The real question is, are these really the most pressing issues facing our country? Or are you looking for any excuse to be outraged?

Incidentally it was lefty activists (e.g. BLM) calling to defund the police... the vast majority of Dem politicians wanted nothing to do with that. Republicans from top to bottom, on the other hand, as we speak are calling to Defund the FBI. Funny how that works.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

LOL.

Good job.

BLM
Defund the police
Men in women's sports

BLM:
The organization is cooky as hell but social justice is terribly important. I've said on here countless times there's no reason why we can't implement common sense measures like de-escalation training, blind charging and sentencing, bias training, selective drug de-criminalization, etc. to draw POC criminal justice outcomes in line with those for whites especially for petty drug offenses. POC shouldn't be pulled by cops, arrested, charged, convicted, and/or sentenced at significantly higher rates than whites that commit the same crimes.

Defund the police:
Dumb as ****

Government as an employer? Fine with employers doing what they feel they legally need to do. Employers in most states have the right to prescribe such mandates if they believe their business is best-served by doing so. If you don't like that, change the applicable laws like the Pubs are doing in NC. I don't have problems with using the legislative process to effect change. I do think it's rationally inconsistent to allow private businesses to mandate vaccines but not government (in an employer role). Like I've said on here before I did not require my staff to vaxx but believe there are valid reasons and situations for doing so.

Men in women's sports: Fine with it through middle school. At that age and level of competition, who cares? I would not allow it in high school and up. At some point after boys hit puberty at 15/16 it needs to stop. I think it's ridiculous to allow it in college/professional/Olympic environments. However I also think people are big Puritanical drama queen babies that sexualize bodies and simple anatomy in ways that are completely unhealthy - and this far transcends the issue of trans athletes. I also think the issue of trans athletes is a completely fringe issue that, while important to trans athletes and their families, has been turned into a the right's new "family values" placeholder, like gay marriage was in the early aughts. Much like gay marriage I also think it's a loser for the right to continue obsessing over it.

A spectrum, obv. Do I think 90%+ of people are just guys or gals? Yes. Do I think the simple matter of being born with a dick or vagina makes this open and shut for 100% of people? No. Why would gender be any different in this way than sexuality? If there are valid biological/hormonal drivers for a small fraction men to be attracted to men and women to women, it makes sense there is a biological/hormonal reason for a small fraction of people born with a vagina to feel and want to live like a man. I don't think it's too big an ask to continue trying to better understand this phenomenon medically and psychologically and meanwhile support such people with some grace when and where possible.
Civ, thanks for the responses... I think you clearly stated what I thought you would say. As you probably realize, we differ on a number of items; however, that's ok... That's what makes this country great!

Not that anyone asked; rather, I'll just put it out there... In terms of the MAGA movement, I believe we will see a much more hard-lines representative compared to Trump. Lets be honest... Trump is really more moderate compared to most people that support America First! Me included!

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

C'mon Nikki!

LOL.

Good job.

BLM
Defund the police
Men in women's sports

BLM:

Defund the police:
Dumb as ****

Civ, thanks for the responses... I think you clearly stated what I thought you would say. As you probably realize, we differ on a number of items; however, that's ok... That's what makes this country great!

Not that anyone asked; rather, I'll just put it out there... In terms of the MAGA movement, I believe we will see a much more hard-lines representative compared to Trump. Lets be honest... Trump is really more moderate compared to most people that support America First! Me included!

Lol, man, let that sink in for a sec.
Civilized
caryking
Civilized said:

He's right!

Joe Biden
packgrad
Vivek hits the nail on the head again. Trigger alert for the usuals.

Civilized
Yeah, because Trump only rarely and randomly dropped isolated misspoken words to obsess over. It definitely wasn't a daily deluge of Twitter-raging or nominally-sensical word salad.

Accurate portrayal there Vivek!
TheStorm
packgrad said:

Lol. Where does CNN even find these "on-air personalities" anymore? That was pathetic... I can only imagine what was being said to her through the earpiece while he just completely "dismantled" her "attempted trap-ambush"...
packgrad
Lol!

" because Trump only rarely and randomly dropped isolated misspoken words to obsess over"

TDS much?
caryking
packgrad said:

That is prototypical MSM, at its best…. The usuals, as you've called them, would have a field day, supporting commentators like her. Keep on Vivek!! You're touching a nerve, they can't handle!

Look at her, she started cowering and didn't know what to say and/or do…

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.