Inflation

19,199 Views | 235 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by barelypure
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A massive cup and handle pattern for Silver, dating back nearly a half century is nearly complete. Last chance to buy dirt cheap insurance against currency depreciation is at hand, my friends. Load up while you can.

GuerrillaPack
How can we allow the traitors in the federal government (both R and D) to send another $95 BILLION to Ukraine and the state of fake "Israel" every few months, and add a couple TRILLION to the national debt every year, and expect the U.S. dollar to not eventually collapse and hyperinflation to occur?

Do people comprehend the enormity of these numbers. This isn't millions of dollars. It's BILLIONS and TRILLIONS.

You think inflation is bad now....it's going to be orders of magnitude worse over the coming years.

SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

A massive cup and handle pattern for Silver, dating back nearly a half century is nearly complete. Last chance to buy dirt cheap insurance against currency depreciation is at hand, my friends. Load up while you can.

Technical analysis is basically financial astrology. Good luck with that!

P.S. Did silver provide a hedge against recent inflation? I seem to remember the opposite.
Oldsouljer
GuerrillaPack said:

How can we allow the traitors in the federal government (both R and D) to send another $95 BILLION to Ukraine and the state of fake "Israel" every few months, and add a couple TRILLION to the national debt every year, and expect the U.S. dollar to not eventually collapse and hyperinflation to occur?

Do people comprehend the enormity of these numbers. This isn't millions of dollars. It's BILLIONS and TRILLIONS.

You think inflation is bad now....it's going to be orders of magnitude worse over the coming years.

Most probably. And debt is the reason. Deflation punishes debtors and that the Federal Reserve cannot allow though they were complicit to this mess in the first place. Inflation is their only recourse. Impoverishment for all is dead ahead, only procuring hard assets right now will let any of us survive if not prosper.
hokiewolf
GuerrillaPack said:

they and you dont either because the aid bills are a rounding error compared to SS and Medicare. It doesn't matter at this point unless you fix those issues.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
GuerrillaPack
hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

they and you dont either because the aid bills are a rounding error compared to SS and Medicare. It doesn't matter at this point unless you fix those issues.
I'm in favor of phasing out and abolishing SS and Medicare. Problem solved.
Oldsouljer
GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

There's the small matter of my decades of earnings that were confiscated to support these programs. A more practical abolition is that of any federal student loan programs which have generated extreme fiscal problems by their very existence. Start there.
GuerrillaPack
Oldsouljer said:

GuerrillaPack said:

hokiewolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

There's the small matter of my decades of earnings that were confiscated to support these programs. A more practical abolition is that of any federal student loan programs which have generated extreme fiscal problems by their very existence. Start there.
That's why I said phase it out. Pay "back" what was paid in. But stop all the payments that go "in".
GuerrillaPack
Did you IDIOTS who support massive government spending and debt think that the communist scum who run the government would not RAISE TAXES on the pretext of "fighting the national debt"?

The Biden regime is proposing massive hikes in the capital gains tax rate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-capital-gains-tax-proposal-could-have-major-economic-impact-experts-say.amp

They are going to steal half of your 401k, stock, real estate and other "gains" to then launder hundreds of billions per year in "aid to Ukraine", etc….stealing that money to make their cronies rich.

Inflation is a "hidden tax", primarily hurting the middle class and poor.

This is all deliberate and by design. It is the Marxist-Communist plan to impoverish and enslave everyone (transferring that wealth to the ruling communist hierarchy), so the masses can be totally subjugated and dominated.

Look up the "Cloward-Piven strategy" by the Marxists to deliberately force governments in to massive debt.
Oldsouljer
The "Inflation Reduction Act"….a truly Orwellian jest. At our expense, of course.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

The "Inflation Reduction Act"….a truly Orwellian jest. At our expense, of course.

Some on here don't think spending money, into oblivion, is bad for economy.
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Yes, I think it's called Modern Monetary Theory, and it's the latest sophistry in which some people like Dumbbell laureate Paul Krugman peddle for public consumption. Intellectual snake oil.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Yes, I think it's called Modern Monetary Theory, and it's the latest sophistry in which some people like Dumbbell laureate Paul Krugman peddle for public consumption. Intellectual snake oil.

Krugman, Smapty's life coach!
erniencsu02
message boards.

everybody knows everything. lol
ncsupack1
erniencsu02 said:

message boards.

So true..lol
caryking
erniencsu02 said:

message boards.

Actually, isn't that very statement portending you know everything?
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Krugman, Smapty's life coach!
That made me genuinely LOL. Krugman is a hoot with his usual message to Joe Public…"who you gonna belief, your struggling-to-make-a-living self or me? Everything's fine!
SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Lol, pretty clear you only read "about" Krugman, and never actually read his work. He smacks MMT people around almost as much as he smacks around Libertarian derp!

But speaking of intellectual snake oil! Here's a fun fact:

You could completely eliminate Medicaid and the entire domestic budget and half the defense budget and STILL we wouldn't cut our annual deficit to zero. If you're serious about our budget, there are exactly two choices:
  • Stop providing health care to everyone's elderly parents, who are otherwise uninsurable.
  • Raise taxes a little.

That's it! Two choices!

So please spare us the endless mountain of irrelevant crap like gutting the Dept of Ed or whatever. Either make the headline of your movement that you want to eliminate Medicare or you want to raise taxes... otherwise please shut up about the deficit. Everything else is snake oil.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Lol, pretty clear you only read "about" Krugman, and never actually read his work. He smacks MMT people around almost as much as he smacks around Libertarian derp!

You could completely eliminate Medicaid and the entire domestic budget and half the defense budget and STILL we wouldn't cut our annual deficit to zero. If you're serious about our budget, there are exactly two choices:
  • Stop providing health care to everyone's elderly parents, who are otherwise uninsurable.
  • Raise taxes a little.

That's it! Two choices!

So please spare us the endless mountain of irrelevant crap like gutting the Dept of Ed or whatever. Either make the headline of your movement that you want to eliminate Medicare or you want to raise taxes... otherwise please shut up about the deficit. Everything else is snake oil.
Based on what revenue?
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

• Raise taxes a little.

That's it! Two choices!

Based on what revenue?

Current tax revenue.

You guys have spent years cheering on one deficit-funded tax cut after the next, gutting our revenue to a point that guaranteed high deficits... because you WANTED to create a "crises" so that you can solve it by cutting popular government programs that you hate. Strangely no mention of adding back revenue as a possible solution to our "crises".

So now we have to pretend that your decades-long deficit scam (a.k.a. "Starving the Beast") is somehow related to lefty snake oil? You guys really are the worst.
TheStorm
I paid $3.71 / Gallon for Plus again over the weekend at my local station... keep waiting for that "natural" cycle that Civ claims runs the gas prices...
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

I paid $3.71 / Gallon for Plus again over the weekend at my local station... keep waiting for that "natural" cycle that Civ claims runs the gas prices...
There is more than one cycle impacting gas prices. Some are short term, some are not. An example of the former is the seasonal formula switchovers thanks to EPA regs. We're going to the more expensive warm weather formulation now. The longest cycle has to do with Voltaire's admonition that in time, the value of (fiat) money proceeds to zero.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

• Raise taxes a little.

That's it! Two choices!

Based on what revenue?

Current tax revenue.

You guys have spent years cheering on one deficit-funded tax cut after the next, gutting our revenue to a point that guaranteed high deficits... because you WANTED to create a "crises" so that you can solve it by cutting popular government programs that you hate. Strangely no mention of adding back revenue as a possible solution to our "crises".

So now we have to pretend that your decades-long deficit scam (a.k.a. "Starving the Beast") is somehow related to lefty snake oil? You guys really are the worst.

What is the current revenue? Actually, what has been the revenues over the last 10 years…. The revenues are not the problem. Revenues will run a percent of GDP always. Again, you can ***** about revenues and tax cuts; however, I personally pay enough and they are not the problem.

You know it; you just don't want realize it, in words, because of your sick obsession with big government!
hokiewolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

• Raise taxes a little.

That's it! Two choices!

Based on what revenue?

Current tax revenue.

What is the current revenue? Actually, what has been the revenues over the last 10 years…. The revenues are not the problem. Revenues will run a percent of GDP always. Again, you can ***** about revenues and tax cuts; however, I personally pay enough and they are not the problem.

You know it; you just don't want realize it, in words, because of your sick obsession with big government!
You never factor in the service on the debt when you say this. That is going to explode in the next 10 years. So he's right, we're going to have to raise taxes on everyone, including the middle class, and substantially just to get the debt where it's serviceable vs. the GDP. It's never going to get to zero, and I would argue it doesn't need to be. But at its current pace, we've been screwed for several years now.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

• Raise taxes a little.

That's it! Two choices!

Based on what revenue?

Current tax revenue.

You never factor in the service on the debt when you say this. That is going to explode in the next 10 years. So he's right, we're going to have to raise taxes on everyone, including the middle class, and substantially just to get the debt where it's serviceable vs. the GDP. It's never going to get to zero, and I would argue it doesn't need to be. But at its current pace, we've been screwed for several years now.
Sure I'm including the debt service. It's basically at 1T right now. Nothing in the foreseeable future says that the refinancing is going to be cheaper, so, yes, it's going to explode, especially running 2T in deficits for the short-term.

The people can't handle more tax dollars going to the coffers. It's past time to tighten the belt really, really tight! Now, if someone told me that they would a real billionaire tax out there, I'd say go for it. We all know why they will not…
barelypure
Cuts in revenue?? Not according to this chart

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200405/receipts-of-the-us-government-since-fiscal-year-2000/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.