Inflation

18,319 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by GuerrillaPack
jadawson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Economists are starting to project when and how much inflation will start dropping. Though the reports seem to hinge on natural gas prices staying relatively constant. So this coming winter heating season will be interesting to watch. I'm not sure im as optimistic as they are.

https://www.kiplinger.com/economic-forecasts/inflation#:~:text=Inflation%20will%20end%202022%20at,the%20economy%20slows%20next%20year.

edit: changed source from CNBC link to the quoted Economists twitter feed. dont want the conversation to be about the website instead of what was said
packgrad
jadawson said:

Economists are starting to project when and how much inflation will start dropping. Though the reports seem to hinge on natural gas prices staying relatively constant. So this coming winter heating season will be interesting to watch. I'm not sure im as optimistic as they are.

https://www.kiplinger.com/economic-forecasts/inflation#:~:text=Inflation%20will%20end%202022%20at,the%20economy%20slows%20next%20year.

edit: changed source from CNBC link to the quoted Economists twitter feed. dont want the conversation to be about the website instead of what was said

The tweet from Zandi is from a year ago. Hopefully the Kiplinger writer is a better forecaster.
jadawson
packgrad said:

jadawson said:

The tweet from Zandi is from a year ago. Hopefully the Kiplinger writer is a better forecaster.

Sorry about that. Didn't catch the dates. Found a different site than cnbc for the newer interview

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/inflation-outlook-cpi-report-federal-reserve-tightening-interest-rates-moodys-2022-10?amp
PackFansXL
Inflation will definitely be higher next month because of the actions of the Saudi's. Will we not call it a recession if we continue to have negative growth? How long do Democrats get to move the goalposts? Note his quote below assumes getting back to 2.5% is the desired target. He is saying we will easily get back to 4% in 6 months but have great difficulty going from 4% back to 2.5%.

Quote:

"But If I'm wrong… and inflation remains more stubborn, then they'll step on the brakes again and then we'll go into recession," Zandi added.
Werewolf
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/forecast-for-us-recession-within-year-hits-100-in-blow-to-biden/ar-AA133nzh?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d3b8d92c52984b37b342992c42eb8c07

LET'S GO BRANDON!
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
Inflation @ 75-yr hight and real unemployment @ 24%? Greg Hunter w Economist John Williams

https://rumble.com/v1nksj6-inflation-75-year-high-unemployment-24-john-williams.html
Gulfstream4
Werewolf said:

Inflation @ 75-yr hight and real unemployment @ 24%? Greg Hunter w Economist John Williams

https://rumble.com/v1nksj6-inflation-75-year-high-unemployment-24-john-williams.html

Well done Mr. President.
Werewolf
https://gab.com/Not_U/posts/109258782911800995
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/11/republicans-must-plan-for-the-coming-perfect-storm/

Quote:

Only once since World War II have we seen two negative quarters for GDP growth outside of a recession. While many economists have calculated that a recession is likely next year, for the most part there has been quite a bit of recession denial this year, especially by Democrats and members of the Biden administration. The denial chorus became Wagnerian after the release of third-quarter data, which showed that GDP had increased by 2.6 percent.

The problem is that the third-quarter report was worse in terms of the state of the economy than those of the first half of the year. Can a positive be worse than a negative? It can when the positive happens for bizarre reasons.

Net exports added 2.77 percentage points to economic growth in the third quarter. Absent this net-export surge, GDP growth would have been negative for the third quarter in a row, and nobody outside of the West Wing would dare deny the recession. The problem is that the net-export spike, which caused the trade deficit to decline so much, was a result of final demand's dropping faster in the U.S. than it did in our trading partners. This is in part because we had a bigger stimulus over the past couple of years, and the removal of a bigger stimulus has a larger negative effect. Adding to that drag, however, is the Fed's tightening, which is more aggressive than that of our trading partners' central banks', and Biden's tax hikes and runaway regulation. So, we imported less because our consumers and businesses are cutting back expenditures sharply, while our exports held steady because our foreign customers are doing better than we are.

This bizarre net-export spike is a regular pattern in the history of U.S. recessions. Indeed, a spike in growth from declining trade deficits happened at the beginning of every single one of the five recessions we've experienced since 1980. And the only quarter that saw a bigger impact from net exports was the third quarter of 1980, when net exports added 4 percentage points to GDP in a deep recession that was destined to turn into an economic rout in 1981. As was the case back then, the rest of the world catches up to the U.S. with a short lag; the negative effect on GDP from the reversal of this blip is sudden and about the same size as the positive blip. It happens virtually every time.
Quote:

This brings us to the election. The odds are that the recession we are probably now in is about to get much worse, while inflation stays stubbornly high. This will cause the deficit to skyrocket, a movement that will be exacerbated as the Fed continues to hike interest rates. Normally, a deep recession leads to bipartisan discussion of stimulus, but in this case, given how little fiscal ammunition is left, discussion of stimulus would likely lead to a bond disaster at least on the scale of that which upended the government in the U.K.

When a country is on the ropes financially, a major "fiscal consolidation" that slashes government transfers and spending to restore fiscal sanity has been shown over and over to have big positive effects on output. Deficit reduction through tax hikes has not been shown to work, but spending cuts are powerful medicine. The reason is simple. Looking ahead to the worsening mess, investors and consumers are frightened and keep their powder dry. But if the government gets its act together, fear of future tax hikes or meltdowns goes away, and economic activity heads back to normal.
Quote:

Given what sharp net-export reversals have historically signaled, restoring spending sanity is the best shot we have for avoiding a sharp and enduring contraction. If Republicans control Congress, they should start designing a major consolidation immediately.
Werewolf

Inflation = the federal reserve act of 1913's produced the fiat dollar and JFK's EO 11110 is the primary reason for his assassination

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest. With the stroke of a pen, President Kennedy declared that the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank would soon be out of business. The Christian Common Law Institute has exhaustively researched this matter through the Federal Register and Library of Congress and can now safely conclude that this Executive Order has never been repealed, amended, or superceded by any subsequent Executive Order. In simple terms, it is still valid…
President Kennedy's Executive Order 11110 [the full text is displayed further below] gave the Treasury Department the explicit authority: "to issue silver certificates against any silver bullion, silver, or standard silver dollars in the Treasury."
"…... "The Federal Reserve is a total money-making machine. It can issue money or checks. And it never has a problem of making its checks good because it can obtain the $5 and $10 bills necessary to cover its check simply by asking the Treasury Department's Bureau of Engraving to print them". Any one person or any closely knit group who has a lot of money has a lot of power. Now imagine a group of people who have the power to create money. Imagine the power these people would have. This is exactly what the privately owned FED is!"
http://www.apfn.net/doc-100_bankruptcy31.htm
Pres Abraham Lincoln & others opposed to Fed Reserve
http://www.kamron.com/economics/people_who_opposed_the_frb.htm

Five Months before his Assassination, President John F. Kennedy issued this executive order that would give the American currency back to the People by printing Money based on a Silver Standard, Taking away the power of the Federal Reserve Banking cartel.
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/hey-remember-inflation-it-never-really-left/

Quote:

This morning, the CPI came in at 7.1 percent. Last month, the figure came in at 7.7 percent. By the standards of that miserable stretch from March to September, when the CPI came in at above 8 percent or higher, today's numbers are an improvement.
Oldsouljer
PackFansXL said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/hey-remember-inflation-it-never-really-left/

Quote:

This morning, the CPI came in at 7.1 percent. Last month, the figure came in at 7.7 percent. By the standards of that miserable stretch from March to September, when the CPI came in at above 8 percent or higher, today's numbers are an improvement.

Not sure that anything short of a massive asset crash will beat this kind of inflation, and even this month's figures aren't calculated the way they should be, or the way they were in 1980.
hokiewolf
Oldsouljer said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Not sure that anything short of a massive asset crash will beat this kind of inflation, and even this month's figures aren't calculated the way they should be, or the way they were in 1980.
I saw that too, did they just start juking the stats, or has this been an ongoing thing for a while?
Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

I saw that too, did they just start juking the stats, or has this been an ongoing thing for a while?
Gradual changes over time, I suspect. Governments want what inflation can do for them but don't want the political damage that it does. That's why the Department of Commerce isn't an unbiased arbiter of inflation stats.
hokiewolf
Oldsouljer said:

hokiewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Gradual changes over time, I suspect. Governments want what inflation can do for them but don't want the political damage that it does. That's why the Department of Commerce isn't an unbiased arbiter of inflation stats.
Makes sense, and really never thought about the Dept of Commerce like that, just out my own ignorance on everything they report on.
Werewolf
1.7 trillion......passed in minutes and few will even know what's in the bill. Monopoly money.at some point.

caryking
Werewolf said:

1.7 trillion......passed in minutes and few will even know what's in the bill. Monopoly money.at some point.

That is such an important speech for the people, of this country, to hear. Unfortunately, most want understand what being said and congress doesn't care what's being said…

It's sad!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

That is such an important speech for the people, of this country, to hear. Unfortunately, most want understand what being said and congress doesn't care what's being said…

It's sad!!
Will have an economic crash in the coming months. I suspect before the end of 2023. Exactly what that looks like remains to be seen.
TheStorm
And it seems to be fully on purpose...
Werewolf
TheStorm said:

And it seems to be fully on purpose...
Agree 100%
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

It's sad!!
Will have an economic crash in the coming months. I suspect before the end of 2023. Exactly what that looks like remains to be seen.
Probable. The excesses of the past decades cannot be borne forever. Two possible silver linings for me….if the crash is severe enough, it might burn a lot of inflation out of the system and I'm in better shape to withstand deflation. Two, I'm part of a citizens alliance fighting the powerful home builders lobby in Raleigh, I wouldn't mind seeing them crash too, before their runaway development overloads our local resources.
Ground_Chuck
TheStorm
Your boys have had free reign to do whatever they've wanted for almost a full two years now...
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

It's sad!!
Probable. The excesses of the past decades cannot be borne forever. Two possible silver linings for me….if the crash is severe enough, it might burn a lot of inflation out of the system and I'm in better shape to withstand deflation. Two, I'm part of a citizens alliance fighting the powerful home builders lobby in Raleigh, I wouldn't mind seeing them crash too, before their runaway development overloads our local resources.
If you're in RDU now..... I can barely find my way around there nowadays. It's not Chicago but it's not the old Raleigh anymore either.
caryking
Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

It's sad!!
If you're in RDU now..... I can barely find my way around there nowadays. It's not Chicago but it's not the old Raleigh anymore either.
I think you have to be careful regarding development. I understand the need to curtail home building, in the area; however, with less new construction, housing prices will continue to go up. Simple supply and demand...

I'd love to hear more about the issues, Oldsouljer, you are wanting to change...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

It's sad!!
I think you have to be careful regarding development. I understand the need to curtail home building, in the area; however, with less new construction, housing prices will continue to go up. Simple supply and demand...

I'd love to hear more about the issues, Oldsouljer, you are wanting to change...
I live in a county bordering the Triangle, whose existing subdivisions in unincorporated areas depend on ground water for private residential wells. The research we've done is data incomplete and we don't know what is the carrying capacity of the existing water tables. Local governments making policy don't have an answer to this either. The last major USGS survey was done in the seventies which means current development and policy is proceeding on the basis of half century-old data. County governments have no contingency plans in place if existing wells go dry and if that happens, you can visualize what happens to property values.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

It's sad!!

I live in a county bordering the Triangle, whose existing subdivisions in unincorporated areas depend on ground water for private residential wells. The research we've done is data incomplete and we don't know what is the carrying capacity of the existing water tables. Local governments making policy don't have an answer to this either. The last major USGS survey was done in the seventies which means current development and policy is proceeding on the basis of half century-old data. County governments have no contingency plans in place if existing wells go dry and if that happens, you can visualize what happens to property values.
How long does it take for a new study to be done?

How much does it cost?

It appears to me (only with the knowledge I currently have) is that the county and/or city's haven't done the necessary planning to keep the development working in a manner needed for all involved... is the right?
Whitetailpack
Damn eggs are 3.99 a dozen. That's insane.
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

It's sad!!

Chatam?
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

It's sad!!

Chatam?
Virginia border county
TheStorm
Person or Vance?
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

Person or Vance?
Person
packgrad
Oldsouljer said:

TheStorm said:

Person or Vance?
Person

We're neighbors. I'm in N Durham.
TheStorm
I'm a firm believer in Landowner's rights... so we are probably going to disagree on this particular topic.
Werewolf

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.