Inflation

18,452 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by GuerrillaPack
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldsouljer said:

The ongoing bond market crash of the past month has hammered the precious metals but not as badly as you might think. Down over a hundred dollars, I'd have predicted at least $300 down which demonstrates gold's relative strength. After a weeks-long beatdown, gold went vertical tonight with a pattern suggesting more upside to come. Part of that is likely because a relief rally is about to start for Treasuries but I doubt it will last long.

What is REALLY interesting about where we are now, is that the Fed has to pick its poison. Buy bonds to stabilize all markets and let inflation's afterburners kick in, or don't, and watch an eventual market meltdown of unprecedented scale leading to social unrest, political upheaval, and more war.
Hasn't the Fed sold roughly 1T in bonds recently?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

The ongoing bond market crash of the past month has hammered the precious metals but not as badly as you might think. Down over a hundred dollars, I'd have predicted at least $300 down which demonstrates gold's relative strength. After a weeks-long beatdown, gold went vertical tonight with a pattern suggesting more upside to come. Part of that is likely because a relief rally is about to start for Treasuries but I doubt it will last long.

What is REALLY interesting about where we are now, is that the Fed has to pick its poison. Buy bonds to stabilize all markets and let inflation's afterburners kick in, or don't, and watch an eventual market meltdown of unprecedented scale leading to social unrest, political upheaval, and more war.
I think that's ballpark, they have reportedly reduced their balance sheet. But their damned finances are as arcane as particle physics, it's hard to figure them out. One reason is that their past Treasury purchases are technically underwater now, and by a significant margin, such that some have said that the Federal Reserve has taken a loss for the first time in its history. The problem is that the Fed, like a black hole, seems to distort the laws of physics and finance in ways that just don't make economic sense. But if the Fed doesn't buy Treasury's now, the bond vigilantes are treating Treasuries like junk and demanding ever-increasing premiums for the risk of holding this stuff. That's why this thing is getting scary.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

I think that's ballpark, they have reportedly reduced their balance sheet. But their damned finances are as arcane as particle physics, it's hard to figure them out. One reason is that their past Treasury purchases are technically underwater now, and by a significant margin, such that some have said that the Federal Reserve has taken a loss for the first time in its history. The problem is that the Fed, like a black hole, seems to distort the laws of physics and finance in ways that just don't make economic sense. But if the Fed doesn't buy Treasury's now, the bond vigilantes are treating Treasuries like junk and demanding ever-increasing premiums for the risk of holding this stuff. That's why this thing is getting scary.
Do you blame them? We have to balance the budget immediately!

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Love him or loathe him, Matt Gaetz seems to be the only one willing to call out the precarious state of U.S. finances.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Love him or loathe him, Matt Gaetz seems to be the only one willing to call out the precarious state of U.S. finances.
I agree! In fact, we wouldn't have the ability to call certain things into account, without his actions this year. Too many people are Party first people…

I am a Republican through and through; however, I know the Party has significant flaws and, more importantly, I appreciate people like Matt Gaetz calling things out, where needed. Unfortunately, for the country, we don't have a similar Democrat doing the same thing to their party.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Good time to buy........
Oldsouljer
I'm surprised DJT commented on things like that six years ago. In any event, silver has found support around $20 since he last commented on that, and when everyone loses faith in the currency, and despite plunging bond prices, there'll be a run in Silver like no other in history. For many, gold is simply unaffordable except in the smallest sizes now. I have far more Ag than Au.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

I'm surprised DJT commented on things like that six years ago. In any event, silver has found support around $20 since he last commented on that, and when everyone loses faith in the currency, and despite plunging bond prices, there'll be a run in Silver like no other in history. For many, gold is simply unaffordable except in the smallest sizes now. I have far more Ag than Au.
CD's are paying roughly 5% for an 18 month deal. I just popped 100K in one...

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

CD's are paying roughly 5% for an 18 month deal. I just popped 100K in one...
Yeah, I'm trying to get the spouse to agree to let me do the same.
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Value has been artificially suppressed........and its dipped even more the last couple of months. Stay tuned on this one..........I have invested in these silver coins too ..........and I'm let'n ride.
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Value has been artificially suppressed........and its dipped even more the last couple of months. Stay tuned on this one..........I have invested in these silver coins too ..........and I'm let'n ride.
With Silver I have, and generally prefer, bullion. The only exceptions are a few well worn "trimes" from the 1850s and an 1860 Canadian dime, handed down the generations in my family. With gold, I prefer numismatics, I'm currently collecting $2.50 Indianhead gold pieces from the early 20th century. They're not inherited so I've no idea how they escaped Roosevelt's confiscation. The Raleigh coin and stamp club has their quarterly exhibition next month at the fairgrounds, I'm going to try and scoop some more gold before the price rises above 2 kilo bucks again.
Werewolf
I have 1,000 silver bullion rounds in a safe in my home. Waiting for the price to correct but mostly as protection against what might occur these coming weeks or months. This goes along with approx 3 years of food supply which includes the 25-yr packaged foods and 3 freezers of vacuum sealed meats. Throw in several thousand rounds of ammo, 2 AR's, 4 9mm pistols, 1 Turkish style assault shotgun w a drum mag) and a bunch of hunting rifles/shotguns. Can't shoot but just one at a time though, ha.
caryking
Werewolf said:

I have 1,000 silver bullion rounds in a safe in my home. Waiting for the price to correct but mostly as protection against what might occur these coming weeks or months. This goes along with approx 3 years of food supply which includes the 25-yr packaged foods and 3 freezers of vacuum sealed meats. Throw in several thousand rounds of ammo, 2 AR's, 4 9mm pistols, 1 Turkish style assault shotgun w a drum mag) and a bunch of hunting rifles/shotguns. Can't shoot but just one at a time though, ha.
Were, man… you are indeed a prepper…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

The stolen 2020 election was all I needed. On top of the COVID scam, the mask, shutdowns and dangerous jabs......then throw in J6, 2022 stolen election, wide open borders, the WEF, WHO, the UN troop speculation, our so-called treaty with the WHO, UN and CCP troops in Canada..........how many unknowns/illegals are actually in this country.......its been reported at 11 million since back in the days of Ronald Reagan......LOL, it might be 40 million now.
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

The stolen 2020 election was all I needed. On top of the COVID scam, the mask, shutdowns and dangerous jabs......then throw in J6, 2022 stolen election, wide open borders, the WEF, WHO, the UN troop speculation, our so-called treaty with the WHO, UN and CCP troops in Canada..........how many unknowns/illegals are actually in this country.......its been reported at 11 million since back in the days of Ronald Reagan......LOL, it might be 40 million now.

The population of illegal immigrants is still around 11 million... surprisingly steady for decades. They come and go with available work, apparently. The overall population of foreign-born immigrants (including legal) has steadily risen over the decades, though (currently around 46 million), which is what all of the hysteria is really about.

Walls don't actually affect legal immigrant population growth, though, only laws can change that... I wonder why Fox News never mentions that, or Republicans never go to the mat for immigration laws? Weird, given how many calories they burn scaring people about it.
Oldsouljer
The 10-year Treasury yield within striking distance of 5.0% this morning at 4.86. Surprising that gold is rallying strongly at the same time, up over $30 this morning. Might imply that that buyers are turning from Treasurys to gold as the sole remaining safe harbor. Very bad news for government finance if so, these interest rates are going to kill more banks, small businesses, federal debt financing….. look out below!
Werewolf
Cary; the people behind the massive govt fiat dollar spending are the same ones behind the jabs, behind flooding our southern border w illegals, behind BLM and Antifa, behind Hamas in Israel, behind Ukraine and behind human trafficking. Your cost of groceries and energy are all tied to the same crowd.

As if we're spinning on the hamster wheel........how the he$$ do we get off!

Werewolf
Printing paper notes....... we'll be Venezuela before ya know it.....trading w toilet paper instead.

caryking
Oldsouljer said:

The 10-year Treasury yield within striking distance of 5.0% this morning at 4.86. Surprising that gold is rallying strongly at the same time, up over $30 this morning. Might imply that that buyers are turning from Treasurys to gold as the sole remaining safe harbor. Very bad news for government finance if so, these interest rates are going to kill more banks, small businesses, federal debt financing….. look out below!
The 10 year treasury has a real possibility of hitting 8%. If true, that is devastating to our country….

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

I'm game. Heading to the Raleigh coin and stamp show week after next to grab some new shiny.
Oldsouljer

Gold about to crack $2000 again this morning, something's cooking.
CALS grad
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

Gold about to crack $2000 again this morning, something's cooking.
other country's backing their currency on Gold, is what's up,,,

BRIC's is prime example!

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer

Gold ranging just below all-time high. Getting pricy but there are still bargains among the miners waiting to be snapped up before the sector begins to move.
CALS grad
Werewolf
At the center of all the chaos around the globe sits only a handful of people. Its right on the tip of our noses......just F'n look.
Oldsouljer
Look at that gorgeous chart and its classic cup and handle pattern. The mining sector is years overdue (decades actually, back to 1982) for a bull mania. II'm loading up on promising juniors, when the investing public panic buys into the sector, I might be able to significantly boost State's NIL profile, LOL.

CALS grad
Oldsouljer
Holy moly. I expect this to die down overnight, in fact I expected a pullback from Friday's highs, but this is a historic first. Unfortunately, when gold does this, it generally means something bad is happening somewhere around the globe.
CALS grad
Werewolf
Exciting times ahead….but very rough waters for a bit.
https://rumble.com/v3zgrfz-breaking-major-central-bank-admits-its-prepared-for-new-gold-standard-and-g.html

Werewolf
Guys like the Gobbler only care about themselves and their pocket book. The fact that so many Americans are struggling to feed their families and pay their rent means nothing to him. Its a joke and he's more interesting in asking about the poster's rap music interests. Remember guys like this..........

Werewolf
This is good
Oldsouljer
Went to the Raleigh coin show at the state fairgrounds yesterday. So did a lot of other people, interest in acquiring precious metals is spiking. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any deals this time around for gold, and really even quality silver bullion either. Then I ran across a dealer who'd just acquired a lot of inventory from an estate sale just days before the show, and he had PGM coins, which I rarely see at shows. Picked up a couple of nice platinum pieces. If you want some PM hedges and find gold too pricey, I recommend Platinum as a replacement, it's half the cost of gold right now, even though it was double that of gold a decade ago. Definitely a value play.
Werewolf
really good info Old Soldier.
Oldsouljer
Good read. A lot of people think Congress directly appropriated money from the Trust fund for other spending purposes, I knew that was true in a sense but not literally. I hadn't thought that SS was financing government spending by buying Treasuries which in hindsight, should have been obvious.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2024-01-18/breaking-down-coming-20-trillion-debt-tsunami
Oldsouljer
Gold up $124 bucks in just a month, people are waking up to the fact that the Fed doesn't have inflation under control. Central banks have been furiously buying gold the last few years and are not slowing down their purchases thus far.

Bid/Ask
Low/High
Change
+19.20+0.90%
30daychg
+124.10+6.14%
1yearchg
+325.40+17.87%
Oldsouljer
Interesting events at the market close going into Good Friday. Spot gold at all-time high $2232. Psychologically, the impact is even greater up north given that spot gold crashed above $3000 Canadian. Then the CBO Chief issued another warning to Congress about the debt level, also at all-time highs. The cheapest insurance you might now buy is Silver which at around $25 per ounce, isn't likely to stay there much longer given the current silver charts which are bullish as hell. Also still cheap but starting to climb are those normally despised junior mining stocks (see chart).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.