The Economy

16,567 Views | 257 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Werewolf
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ha! Beat you!
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

Macumbe said:

My original point was that I think gov't should do whatever it must do to get companies to bring manufacturing back....then collect taxes on the wages of more people working & higher incomes. Hopefully, if more people pay taxes, then each person's tax rate should go down...not to mention people also getting off the gov't handouts.
Unfortunately that isn't the way that it works. If the government collects more in taxes they're just going to spend more, not cut the tax rates. In fact you'll have politicians saying that the taxes need to be higher
agree there is a spending problem not a tax revenue problem in this country federally.

I'll respond to you, since you were first, ha! You nailed it! Like GP talks about, the government keeps getting involved in things more and more as time goes by. Many things they shouldn't be involved in (looking at you department of education). Add this to all the personal pet projects that each politician has, and you get what we have.

There's so much waste in our government. I think I read something like 20% easy. I honestly think it could be even more than that if we really looked. In always reminded of the quote from Independence Day when the president asks, "How do you get funding for something like this?" And the old man responds, "You don't actually think they spent $20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat, do you?"
Steve Videtich
DOJ will appeal federal judge's ruling dropping COVID masks for public transport if CDC deems it necessary

https://www.foxnews.com/us/doj-appealing-federal-judges-ruling-eliminating-covid-masks-public-transportation

Like our government has nothing better to do. I was actually flying yesterday when this got overturned. They made the announcement that a mask was now optional. There were cheers from most. Less that 10% of the plane kept theirs on. Even the flight attendants celebrated!

I can't figure why they keep fighting this when 1) seems most are over it, 2) the left themselves are caught constantly not wearing them, and 3) midterms are coming. You would think they would back off of this to help, but they aren't.

I have heard one theory that come September, they will start another outbreak story, so that they can restart mandates in order to allow for mail in voting again. Thinking that's the only chance they have in the midterms.
hokiewolf
Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

Macumbe said:

My original point was that I think gov't should do whatever it must do to get companies to bring manufacturing back....then collect taxes on the wages of more people working & higher incomes. Hopefully, if more people pay taxes, then each person's tax rate should go down...not to mention people also getting off the gov't handouts.
Unfortunately that isn't the way that it works. If the government collects more in taxes they're just going to spend more, not cut the tax rates. In fact you'll have politicians saying that the taxes need to be higher
agree there is a spending problem not a tax revenue problem in this country federally.

I'll respond to you, since you were first, ha! You nailed it! Like GP talks about, the government keeps getting involved in things more and more as time goes by. Many things they shouldn't be involved in (looking at you department of education). Add this to all the personal pet projects that each politician has, and you get what we have.

There's so much waste in our government. I think I read something like 20% easy. I honestly think it could be even more than that if we really looked. In always reminded of the quote from Independence Day when the president asks, "How do you get funding for something like this?" And the old man responds, "You don't actually think they spent $20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat, do you?"
the issue that I see is that there isn't the political will to actually take the time to craft sound legislation. A lot of the real big spending legislation has been rushed and are these huge thousands of pages bills that no one reads.

The laws that have stood the test of time in the US are the ones where they were throughly crafted and rigorously debated.

It's unfortunate that our law makers bend to the pressures of a perceived mob on Twitter because that's where all the east coast news folks and our law makers go to see what legislation the mob wants.
Steve Videtich
hokiewolf said:

Steve Videtich said:

hokiewolf said:

cowboypack02 said:

Macumbe said:

the issue that I see is that there isn't the political will to actually take the time to craft sound legislation. A lot of the real big spending legislation has been rushed and are these huge thousands of pages bills that no one reads.

The laws that have stood the test of time in the US are the ones where they were throughly crafted and rigorously debated.

It's unfortunate that our law makers bend to the pressures of a perceived mob on Twitter because that's where all the east coast news folks and our law makers go to see what legislation the mob wants.

100% agree! 2-3000 pages dropped in the middle of the night, put to vote the next day. Plus they throw a heartfelt title on it, so that if you don't approve of it, you can be called any of a number of -ists or -isms that they can come up with.

It should be mandatory that each part that had a number attached to it, should individually face a debate and vote. But, that won't happen anytime soon, as I previously stated, everybody's pet projects and such.
PackFansXL
If Biden had any sense, he would sit down with Manchin and truly understand what moderates want. His complete allegiance to the extreme Progressives has doomed the Democratic party for the next two election cycles. Joe Biden is a disaster for the Democrats. The worst POTUS of all time!
cowboypack02
PackFansXL said:

If Biden had any sense, he would sit down with Manchin and truly understand what moderates want. His complete allegiance to the extreme Progressives has doomed the Democratic party for the next two election cycles. Joe Biden is a disaster for the Democrats. The worst POTUS of all time!
True Story
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Yep. And that even now he's not seeing that is a testament to the how far left the folks he has surrounded himself are.
I can see the misjudge the first year or so…but the failure to course correct is inexcusable (amd the inability of the GOP to not make him pay in 22 and 24 will be inexcusable)
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

PackFansXL said:

True Story

Yep, if the country can hang on, this is the best thing that can happen. We need a complete eradication of the Democratic Party!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
FlossyDFlynt
PackFansXL said:

Manchin has given any democrat in a moderate district the perfect blue print on how to remain in power. Instead of taking his lead, they have done nothing but ostracize him.

When the democrats get crushed in November, they will have no one to blame but themselves
ncsualum05
PackFansXL said:

Biden doesn't have any sense b/c he is basically gone at this point. You're assuming Biden is actually running the country or thinking on his own... which of course he is not. The progressive communist left is running the country. Shadow govt in the White House. Biden is a vegetable and everyone knows it. It takes everything for them to prepare him for brief public appearances. Biden probably doesn't know where he is when he wakes up in the morning. He probably has dementia or something of the like. He should not be where he is he should be at home resting with loved ones and enjoying the last years of his life. It's actually pretty cruel what is being done. The only reason I do not feel sad for him is b/c when he was of sound mind he was an arrogant, corrupt, ***** who feasted off of hard working people and sold America up the river to China, Russia, and more to increase his wealth.
Werewolf
If you want a perspective on what's happening with China's exports take a look at yesterday's Monkey Werx which illustrates the container ships parked off the coast of China. Essentially shut down so look for major shortages to start in the coming months after we deplete what's already over here and on the shelf.
caryking
Werewolf said:

If you want a perspective on what's happening with China's exports take a look at yesterday's Monkey Werx which illustrates the container ships parked off the coast of China. Essentially shut down so look for major shortages to start in the coming months after we deplete what's already over here and on the shelf.
I said it in the original post. We could be in for an awakening in the coming months. BTW, this was probably going to happen even if Trump was in office.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

I said it in the original post. We could be in for an awakening in the coming months. BTW, this was probably going to happen even if Trump was in office.
Agree. It's about world-wide dominance. A multi-dimensional war that quite possibly you and I don't agree on the extent of it quite completely.
caryking
Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Agree. It's about world-wide dominance. A multi-dimensional war that quite possibly you and I don't agree on the extent of it quite completely.
Werewolf, China (The CCP that is) is the biggest threat we have outside of our own internal collapse. That said, China is helping create some of our internal collapse.

I think we probably have the same opinion on China.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Yes, we do 100%. I think there is a multi-dimensional front to this war we're in. It's across a number of fronts but I also question who is actually aligned with who. For instance, I think Russia may be more aligned with the American Patriot side here. I assume you know that Putin has never allowed the City of London central bankers to set up shop in Russia. This is why he's always been such an easy pick for the villain here in the West. I thnk India would take the side of Russia in most instances and although China seems to side with Russia it may be simply their attempt to weaken the central banker cabal NWO crowd. It is really complicated, and I don't know if each side really knows who is on who's side when it comes to crunch time. The CCP wants all the marbles though and I think they're pushing away from the Cabal too.......just like the American Patriots are. I think the CCP worked with the Cabal to oust Trump in the election but now wishes to make a move for it all.

Anyway, there are a lot of possibilities there and just my hunch right now.

America is about to have some serious hardship to endure. We'll see who's done their planning and prepared.
Steve Videtich
Werewolf said:

Yes, we do 100%. I think there is a multi-dimensional front to this war we're in. It's across a number of fronts but I also question who is actually aligned with who. For instance, I think Russia may be more aligned with the American Patriot side here. I assume you know that Putin has never allowed the City of London central bankers to set up shop in Russia. This is why he's always been such an easy pick for the villain here in the West. I thnk India would take the side of Russia in most instances and although China seems to side with Russia it may be simply their attempt to weaken the central banker cabal NWO crowd. It is really complicated, and I don't know if each side really knows who is on who's side when it comes to crunch time. The CCP wants all the marbles though and I think they're pushing away from the Cabal too.......just like the American Patriots are. I think the CCP worked with the Cabal to oust Trump in the election but now wishes to make a move for it all.

Anyway, there are a lot of possibilities there and just my hunch right now.

America is about to have some serious hardship to endure. We'll see who's done their planning and prepared.

China is trying to win the economic war over everybody. I don't think China aligns with anyone unless there is something in it for them economically.

They are taking over green energy all the way to the rare earth minerals they all require. I've heard they were taking over faltering Russian banks through third party institutions. They are growing their roots in Africa and South America. All of this with out hardly a military initiative in any of it.
caryking
How's the economy in and around Orlando today?

I'm a firm believer that corporations should stay the hell out of politics; if they do, well…. they get actions like the Florida congress is going through.

My family has been to Disney more than 20 times. In fact, we have a trip scheduled for later in the year. If we could get our deposit money back, we would not go. The very idea that it is good for a corporation to express such divisive opinions as well as say they will work hard to overturn a bill is not good.

I know the country has people with different opinions than mine; so, my opinion is that a corporation needs to stay neutral is the best way to straddle the opinions in this country.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
I've been looking at Toy Haulers for the last several months. One place I won't buy from is Camping World because of their political posturing.
caryking
Werewolf said:

I've been looking at Toy Haulers for the last several months. One place I won't buy from is Camping World because of their political posturing.
Werewolf, unfortunately, I try not to find out about the companies I buy from…. If I did, I would probably need to create a self-sustaining life, off the grid.

The Disney deal is just up in our grill!

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
Werewolf said:

The guy who puts up giant American flags is bad?
Packchem91
caryking said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackFansXL said:

True Story

Yep, if the country can hang on, this is the best thing that can happen. We need a complete eradication of the Democratic Party!!

Lol, come on man, do you really believe crap like this? While I lean right, this is a ludicrous, scary notion. America is awesome and stands the test of time because of the balance.

I get the distaste for the far left, but most of America has (amd should) a similar distaste for the far right.
packofwolves
If the CDC and Biden administration were seriously considering not extending the mask mandate beyond May 3rd, why file an appeal? Maybe to ensure they can impose masks at any time in the future. They are going to further anger the voters.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/justice-department-appeal-ruling-striking-down-travel-mask-mandate
Steve Videtich
packofwolves said:

If the CDC and Biden administration were seriously considering not extending the mask mandate beyond May 3rd, why file an appeal? Maybe to ensure they can impose masks at any time in the future. They are going to further anger the voters.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/justice-department-appeal-ruling-striking-down-travel-mask-mandate

Agreed, it really doesn't make sense other than the power or some sort of long play.
Packchem91
caryking said:

I'm a firm believer that corporations should stay the hell out of politics; if they do, well…. they get actions like the Florida congress is going through.

My family has been to Disney more than 20 times. In fact, we have a trip scheduled for later in the year. If we could get our deposit money back, we would not go. The very idea that it is good for a corporation to express such divisive opinions as well as say they will work hard to overturn a bill is not good.

I know the country has people with different opinions than mine; so, my opinion is that a corporation needs to stay neutral is the best way to straddle the opinions in this country.

So how will you get there? You can't use gas because oil companies are always trying to influence policy. Don't ride in a car and the way the auto industry tries to affect legislation. Or can't give bidness to those policy advocating crazies with the airlines.

You don't like companies to get involved when they disagree with your beliefs is what you must mean. That's ok, but it is different from just saying Disney should it be trying to influence (which of course, they were doing king long before this current left wing nut took over)
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

So how will you get there? You can't use gas because oil companies are always trying to influence policy. Don't ride in a car and the way the auto industry tries to affect legislation. Or can't give bidness to those policy advocating crazies with the airlines.

You don't like companies to get involved when they disagree with your beliefs is what you must mean. That's ok, but it is different from just saying Disney should it be trying to influence (which of course, they were doing king long before this current left wing nut took over)
Chem, look at my response to werewolf's post about Camping World. It paints my picture perfectly!!!!

Joe Biden
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackFansXL said:

True Story

Lol, come on man, do you really believe crap like this? While I lean right, this is a ludicrous, scary notion. America is awesome and stands the test of time because of the balance.

I get the distaste for the far left, but most of America has (amd should) a similar distaste for the far right.
Yes I do!

BTW, what policies make up the far right?

Joe Biden
caryking
Chem, go buy this book and start there…. This should help build your worldview…

https://www.amazon.com/Road-Serfdom-Documents-Definitive-Collected/dp/0226320553/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1SHX665Y926XG&keywords=The+road+to+serfdom&qid=1650551989&sprefix=the+road+to+serfdom%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-1

Here is one reviewers comment:

This is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. I feel that it has shaped my worldview. This is an extremely difficult book to read. Like the great philosophers, you must reread each passage to fully understand it. It is astonishing how pertinent this book is to the current state of the economy. Government encroachment, I suppose, is timeless. People perpetually want benefits and power they don't deserve and that will never end. That is why this book must be republished for centuries to uphold individual responsibility and accountability in the highest regard. Facts don't change, and likewise people will always try to get their "something for nothing" or "free lunch" This book attempts to prevent the collectivization of resources since that process destroys the production that the citizenry depends on for their existence. This book sheds light on The Fatal Conceit; that the market is both more intelligent and just than any individual, which helps promote morality through freedom of choice.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

Werewolf, unfortunately, I try not to find out about the companies I buy from…. If I did, I would probably need to create a self-sustaining life, off the grid.

The Disney deal is just up in our grill!
Disney certainly is. I think the Camping World CEO said something along the lines of "Trump voters can shop elsewhere" and I'm simply obliging.

hokiewolf
caryking said:

Chem, go buy this book and start there…. This should help build your worldview…

https://www.amazon.com/Road-Serfdom-Documents-Definitive-Collected/dp/0226320553/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1SHX665Y926XG&keywords=The+road+to+serfdom&qid=1650551989&sprefix=the+road+to+serfdom%2Caps%2C69&sr=8-1

Here is one reviewers comment:

This is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. I feel that it has shaped my worldview. This is an extremely difficult book to read. Like the great philosophers, you must reread each passage to fully understand it. It is astonishing how pertinent this book is to the current state of the economy. Government encroachment, I suppose, is timeless. People perpetually want benefits and power they don't deserve and that will never end. That is why this book must be republished for centuries to uphold individual responsibility and accountability in the highest regard. Facts don't change, and likewise people will always try to get their "something for nothing" or "free lunch" This book attempts to prevent the collectivization of resources since that process destroys the production that the citizenry depends on for their existence. This book sheds light on The Fatal Conceit; that the market is both more intelligent and just than any individual, which helps promote morality through freedom of choice.

I am surprised you're recommending a book from a guy who was a staunch defender of classical liberalism
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackFansXL said:

True Story

Yes I do!

I'm not going to get distracted into a debate on what is and what is not…if you think it's smart to get rid of the counter balance then I think you are either naive or dangerous. One of the things that keeps us from having a bigger right or left wing is that we have a counter balance
hokiewolf
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackFansXL said:

True Story

Yes I do!

I'm not going to get distracted into a debate on what is and what is not…if you think it's smart to get rid of the counter balance then I think you are either naive or dangerous. One of the things that keeps us from having a bigger right or left wing is that we have a counter balance
agree what we need is to elect more people who are interested in crafting sound legislation in lieu of rushing things to appease the Twitter mob
PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackFansXL said:

True Story

Yes I do!

I'm not going to get distracted into a debate on what is and what is not…if you think it's smart to get rid of the counter balance then I think you are either nave or dangerous. One of the things that keeps us from having a bigger right or left wing is that we have a counter balance
As long as you project the "far left" and the "far right" as if they are equally opposing forces, you miss the dramatic imbalance we are presently enduring. What you call "far right" is an extremely small minority with no power. What we are experiencing from the current administration is complete submission to the most progressive ideas within that party. They have immense power and influence and are extremely determined. THEY are the dangerous folks we all need to protect against.
PackFansXL
Twitter, like dynamite, may be more harmful than beneficial. We definitely need folks to stop being cowed by the mob.
Werewolf
hokiewolf said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

cowboypack02 said:

PackFansXL said:

True Story

Yes I do!

agree what we need is to elect more people who are interested in crafting sound legislation in lieu of rushing things to appease the Twitter mob
The twitter mob? LMAO

There are very few small govt people left on twitter, they have been banned and had their accounts removed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.