Local Restaurant Thread

15,764 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tootie4Pack
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Glasswolf said:

How about some recommendations for Biltmore/Asheville. Going in December to celebrate our 25th wedding anniv. Not interested in the brewery's since I stopped drinking but more on the food side.
If you had the time to work it in I'd drive over to Waynesville and hit up the Haywood Smokehouse. Nothing fancy but some of the best BBQ and selection of sauces around. Highly recommend.
SexualChocolate
In Asheville, if you like Nashville Hot Chicken, then Rocky's is the place to go for lunch. Just don't get the hottest!

I also like a few places for Dinner, Jettie Rae's Oyster House, Vinnies and Limones. I have not eaten at 9 mile but have heard it was really good from a friend.
smitt86
SexualChocolate said:

In Asheville, if you like Nashville Hot Chicken, then Rocky's is the place to go for lunch. Just don't get the hottest!

I also like a few places for Dinner, Jettie Rae's Oyster House, Vinnies and Limones. I have not eaten at 9 mile but have heard it was really good from a friend.
Haha, stopped at Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack a few years ago with some buddies from college. Everyone loved it but one buddy was crying and hiccuping because it was too hot for him, haha, and don't even think he got the "hottest".
Bell Tower Grey
This is part of a post I have in the Grilling thread. Not sure how close Littleton (NC) is to any of you, but this restaurant is worth a visit:

A couple of weeks ago, some friends of ours from Lake Gaston invited us to have dinner with them at Blue Jay Bistro in downtown Littleton. Short rib was on the menu. It was smoked, then braised. Served with puereed white sweet potatoes, honey & chili roasted squash, pickled apples and a corn w/ lightly ground peanuts. The entire dish was outstanding.

Look up the restaurant. Had no idea a white table cloth, very high end restaurant was in Littleton, but I'm glad I do now because we definitely will go back.

The backstory of the place is fascinating. A Littleton native, and State grad, named Ed Fitts, has come back home and along with his wife, is pumping millions into the town to make it a regional destination spot in addition to what Lake Gaston brings. Look up Ed Fitts, too. Great read.
Bell Tower Grey
For those of us that have dined there, some sad news. The owner of the Ruddy Duck in Morehead City has announced that the restaurant will be closing at the end of business today (Nov. 6, 2022) .

We had a lot of very good, and a couple of not so good, meals there over the years. It's disappointing, because we're going to be in the area the last 2 weeks of November and had planned on going there.

Great little waterfront place with fantastic views that will certainly be missed.
Tootie4Pack
We enjoyed good meals twice there in August. Hate to see it , hopefully another good quality seafood restaurant will go in there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.