Trump/Biden debate

34,149 Views | 387 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by caryking
SupplyChainPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What does that have to do with Joe Biden fondling this innocent young woman?
cowboypack02
jadawson said:

cowboypack02 said:

SupplyChainPack said:

"Never let a good disaster go to waste."
-. Famous Democrat

This was Rahm Emmanual, who was Obama's Chief of Staff. I put the full quote below because I think it better captures the point in context:

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. I mean, it's an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before."

Im sure you're both aware that this was a Winston Churchill quote long before Emanuel was born, yes?
I am - but it was used in context of a democrat, so i was just giving the full quote.
SexualChocolate
Fake news
cmast
PackBacker07 said:

I'm referring to the photo/tweet that was posted with the rosary bracelet coming out from his sleeve. If you're referring to something else, not sure what you're talking about. A lot of triggered pubs on here. Sad to see.
oh they mad. I would be too if i was riding with trump. no problem with the conservative party, but that dude is a damn fool. and an amoral one at that.
SupplyChainPack
He's got a stunning list of accomplishments to be stool.

Not to mention being a billionaire.

If only you could be that foolish.
TopsailWolf
Instead you ride with demented, divisive, woman sniffer who hasn't done **** in 4 decades in politics. Congrats I guess?
jadawson
TopsailWolf said:

Instead you ride with demented, divisive, woman sniffer who hasn't done **** in 4 decades in politics. Congrats I guess?
demented, divisive, woman sniffer.....surely you notice the irony in this statement?
TopsailWolf
That was the point. You're describing both men without intending to and only pointing fingers at one side. You're just as hypocritical as the right.
jadawson
TopsailWolf said:

That was the point. You're describing both men without intending to and only pointing fingers at one side. You're just as hypocritical as the right.
Well for one I didn't describe either one that way, i was just laughing at that description of Biden comin from a Trump supporter. Two, i don't agree with all of it for Biden anyways, especially in comparison to Trump.

I find it baffling that you can take a look at the two candidates and come away describing Biden as the divisive one in particular. Even the staunchest Trump supporter surely has recognized his divisiveness? Hillary Clinton last time? I didn't agree with everything said about her but she was absolutely divisive in 2016. Biden in 2020? I really don't see it in comparison.
cmast
jadawson said:

TopsailWolf said:

demented, divisive, woman sniffer.....surely you notice the irony in this statement?

Still love all you guys, trump or biden, cause youre all pack fans!
cmast
SupplyChainPack said:

He's got a stunning list of accomplishments to be stool.

Not to mention being a billionaire.

If only you could be that foolish.

Yeah, he's made and lost more than i ever will. And climbed the ladder higher than i ever will.

Still think he's a damn childish fool and ill-equipped to lead anyone. Much less this country. And i respect that you dont agree.

I dont love biden like you probably love trump, but think biden will atleast surround himself with folks that are competent. Dont feel the same with trump. I'll take the bashing for that stance.
lumberpack5
cmast said:

jadawson said:

TopsailWolf said:

Still love all you guys, trump or biden, cause youre all pack fans!
I can see even that ending now.

Unless the 8th party system is born pretty soon, it will be difficult to keep things together.

A rural, white, less educated party versus one that includes everything else is unstable.

The education divide alone is slow suicide.

I like the athletic type
packgrad
The "educated" party is burning down cities. The "uneducated" party isn't going to take it much longer.

Hilarious that liberal elites consider their party "educated". I guess sender studies degrees mean more to radlibs than farmers, electricians, carpenters, mechanics, etc.
TopsailWolf
You called Trump a damn fool. They're both damn fools. Though, Only one of them incarcerated a generation of black fathers over petty drug crimes, flip flopped on abortion rights and gay marriage, deregulated the financial industry, and has literally spent an entire career working in politics.
TopsailWolf
What do you mean by education divide?
lumberpack5
TopsailWolf said:

What do you mean by education divide?
https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/11/education-gap-explains-american-politics/575113/

According to exit polls, 61 percent of non-college-educated white voters cast their ballots for Republicans while just 45 percent of college-educated white voters did so. Meanwhile 53 percent of college-educated white voters cast their votes for Democrats compared with 37 percent of those without a degree.
The diploma divide, as it's often called, is not occurring across the electorate; it is primarily a phenomenon among white voters. It's an unprecedented divide, and is in fact a complete departure from the diploma divide of the past. Non-college-educated white voters used to solidly belong to Democrats, and college-educated white voters to Republicans. Several events over the past six decades have caused these allegiances to switch, the most recent being the candidacy, election, and presidency of Donald Trump.

The way problems are approached, assessed, responded to, ignored, or feared are all warped in some way by education. White people without a college education tend to be older, tend to be more rural, tend to be more religious, and among many other things, tend to make their living in manufacturing, the trades, in construction, in extractive industries, in rural oriented industries.

This works together to create a certain mindset about risk, fault, blame, etc. Most importantly as the article above notes, white people without a college education had it much better than they do today as compared to the 1950's. A single white male used to be able to have a decent home, his wife not work, and get by with one car, maybe two, in the 1950's.

Just as a function of raw numbers, some of that prosperity came at the expense of black people who were kept down, and they didn't have to be kept down in your town, but writ large across the country. It's nothing new for a majority group to target a minority and redistribute what the minority had to the majority making the majority think the economy is better than it is. The most egregious for of this is Nazi Germany.

In short, the college education, tends to create a different person with different values than the person without said education. And that's not claiming that the education is really worth a damn.

The Republican party has jettisoned its intellectual links. William F. Buckley is out. But he is replaced not by a rival intellectual, but non-intellectuals like :"Joe the Plumber". This is an intellectual world view that is small, local, and based on the finances and accounting of a family. To the average person it seems reasonable.

However you can't run a nation state like that.

The unwillingness to accept evidence, to live in confirmation bias, and to refuse to see that "your man" has faults is killing America. I knew Bill Clinton was a damn dog. I watch women at the State Fairgrounds nearly toss their panties at him. Of course he was poking them. That Trump is an ******* is not the problem. The problem is a rejection the scientific process - belief rather than science. Belief is something for Sunday morning, the rest of the week you need science.

Two things a college education is good for is to beat simplistic belief out of you, and to make you think you solve all problems.

If two sides can not even agree on what is reality, how can they coexist for very long.

I like the athletic type
packgrad
Nm. I don't care.
SexualChocolate
Good post lumber no matter who you are voting for.
cmast
TopsailWolf said:

You called Trump a damn fool. They're both damn fools. Though, Only one of them incarcerated a generation of black fathers over petty drug crimes, flip flopped on abortion rights and gay marriage, deregulated the financial industry, and has literally spent an entire career working in politics.

That was actually me. And i called him a damn fool twice. Well three times now. He's a damn fool. And yall get butt hurt over me saying it. But its the damn truth. You can insult biden. Hooray beer!
packgrad

jadawson
lumberpack5 said:

If two sides can not even agree on what is reality, how can they coexist for very long.

This is a pretty solid single sentence summation of our country right now.

I've talked to my father many times about politics in recent months and one thing he continues to bring up is that in past years and decades while both parties disagreed on issues (sometimes vehemently) most of the time they could agree on what the issue was or what the problem was that needed solving and that simple understanding could lead to compromise because ultimately that was far better for the country than doing nothing.

Now what we seem to have is one side saying "oh this is democrat/republican nomination/bill/budget and im a member of the other party. I need to vote against/stall/deny/accuse because we can't let that party win."

Im certainly not innocent of mudslinging but it feels like everyone is so far deep in this behavior now that we can't even see the high road anymore.
lumberpack5
jadawson said:

lumberpack5 said:

This is a pretty solid single sentence summation of our country right now.

I've talked to my father many times about politics in recent months and one thing he continues to bring up is that in past years and decades while both parties disagreed on issues (sometimes vehemently) most of the time they could agree on what the issue was or what the problem was that needed solving and that simple understanding could lead to compromise because ultimately that was far better for the country than doing nothing.

Now what we seem to have is one side saying "oh this is democrat/republican nomination/bill/budget and im a member of the other party. I need to vote against/stall/deny/accuse because we can't let that party win."

Im certainly not innocent of mudslinging but it feels like everyone is so far deep in this behavior now that we can't even see the high road anymore.
The last 3 big changes were the Civil Rights Act, Reagan courting Evangelicals, and the Contract with America. The Civil Rights Act drove most white Southerners to the Republic Party where they joined Appalachian Mountain Pubs. By politicizing religion and Evangelicals in particular, they broke Republican and became nearly unrepresented in the Democratic Party. Finally Gingrich politicized anything that was left and began to destroy the clubish cordiality of the House which eventually infected the Senate.

You can only take so many rural, white, southern, evangelicals out of the Democratic Party until you tip their balance to a point where wackos can gain traction.

Wackos running their mouth in the Democratic Party is then used by predatory Republicans to get elected by running against folks like Bernie and AOC instead of formulating what they will do for the constituency in the rural area that has been left behind.

The right to high powered weapons and the prevention of public funding of abortions is nothing you can eat, educate your kid, protect the nation, or add to your take home pay.

A few changes that would help:

1. Restore the equal time rule and get rid of polarized political media that is allowed to pass for news.
2. Cull gerrymandering that creates safe districts for right or left wack jobs.
3. Teach civics in the grade school level
4. Stop making the Supreme Court do Congress' job and for Congress to do it's job, the Gingrich style partisanship has to end and your representative needs to vote on your behalf, not Democratic or Republican party's behalf.
5. Address the post Fordist collapse of Rural America honestly - do make a false promise that is no longer economically viable.
I like the athletic type
SupplyChainPack
Looks like the presidential debate commission just pulled a fast one.
packgrad
SupplyChainPack said:

Virtual lol. Boy, Biden is getting all the help he could ask for, and then some.
packgrad
metcalfmafia
Trump has to after performing horribly last debate.
SupplyChainPack
packgrad said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Virtual lol. Boy, Biden is getting all the help he could ask for, and then some.

There's never been anything like this. Not even close.
packgrad
metcalfmafia said:

He's crazy if he doesn't fight it. There is no reason for it to be virtual, other than trying to help a candidate with early onset dementia to answer questions.
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Anything like what?
Civilized
packgrad said:

metcalfmafia said:

He's crazy if he doesn't fight it. There is no reason for it to be virtual, other than trying to help a candidate with early onset dementia to answer questions.

When will Trump definitively not be contagious anymore?
FlossyDFlynt
packgrad said:

metcalfmafia said:

I think hes right to fight it, but he needs the debate WAY more than Biden does at this point. I dont see any way he will back out, even if it is virtual
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

metcalfmafia said:

Ha. Definitively? I'm sure Dems would say 11/4. The president's doctors are not trusted by the left about his well being. They will not "believe" when he is "definitively not contagious anymore" no matter when date that is. This is all about protecting Biden, and his mental deficiencies.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

metcalfmafia said:

Ha. Definitively? I'm sure Dems would say 11/4. The president's doctors are not trusted by the left about his well being. They will not "believe" when he is "definitively not contagious anymore" no matter when date that is. This is all about protecting Biden, and his mental deficiencies.

I think it's about both.

If I'm Trump's camp, I lever that point. I say "you tell us when you'll debate in person, we'll be there." Let the Biden camp squirm about what the date is.

Of course, that would require clarity about when Trump first tested negative, which to this point his medical team hasn't divulged.
PackBacker07
SupplyChainPack said:

packgrad said:

SupplyChainPack said:

A virtual debate?
Y'all means ALL.
packgrad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.