Trump/Biden debate

34,129 Views | 387 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by caryking
TraCha4
How long do you want to ignore this user?

DrummerboyWolf
TraCha4 said:

Only 15 minutes more. LOL
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
TraCha4
Over 300 million people in the US yet here we are with these two.

HOW?
RunsWithWolves26
TraCha4 said:

Over 300 million people in the US yet here we are with these two.

HOW?

I've been saying that since I could vote. I voted today and even wearing a mask, I walked in holding my nose. The lady at the front ask if I was ok and I simply replied that I was fine but I was holding my nose yet again to vote for the lesser of two evils. She smiled and said she completely understood and felt the same.
TraCha4
Joe can't keep a thought longer than 20 seconds.

Trump just said wind turbines will kill all the birds.

Is this real?
Bas2020
Biden is done . Not much else to really say .
DrummerboyWolf
TraCha4 said:

Joe can't keep a thought longer than 20 seconds.

Trump just said wind turbines will kill all the birds.

Is this real?
A lot of birds do get killed by wind turbines. If you increase them then the bird deaths will go up. Fish and Wildlife Service estimates between 140,000-500,000 per year.

https://www.fws.gov/birds/bird-enthusiasts/threats-to-birds/collisions/wind-turbines.php
GoPack2008
LOL @ you two.
ciscopack
Pretty lady working for NBC!...smart too.
cowboypack02
WarrenPeace said:

So sick of her interrupting Trump and allowing Biden to go on and on.

According to the Fox News could Trump was interrupted 24 times tonight to Biden's 2 times
metcalfmafia
I thought Trump won this one. Biden won the last. Guess the election is game three.
mdreid
metcalfmafia said:

I thought Trump won this one. Biden won the last. Guess the election is game three.
except its going to go into quadruple overtime....pregnant chad except worse
Bas2020
mdreid said:

metcalfmafia said:

There are ALOT more stories coming digging into the Biden Crime Family Corruption racket . I think once that marinates Biden has next to zero chance even if they try to cheat with mail in ballots
Civilized
Trump's style was definitely less caustic this time around. Aside from that though, was the content of what he said any different?

I think both of them did better than the first go-round, when Trump embarrassed himself. I guess by that metric, you could say Trump improved more than Biden, maybe?

Trump needed to land a huge uppercut to move the needle, or Biden needed to commit a serious gaffe.

Unfortunately for Trump, neither happened.
GoPack2008
Civilized said:

Trump's style was definitely less caustic this time around. Aside from that though, was the content of what he said any different?

I think both of them did better than the first go-round, when Trump embarrassed himself. I guess by that metric, you could say Trump improved more than Biden, maybe?

Trump needed to land a huge uppercut to move the needle, or Biden needed to commit a serious gaffe.

Unfortunately for Trump, neither happened.

This is correct.

Trump needed to make a big move and he didn't. The final outcome of this debate is minimal overall impact, which is not what Trump needed.
GoPack2008
Bas2020 said:

mdreid said:

metcalfmafia said:

There are ALOT more stories coming digging into the Biden Crime Family Corruption racket . I think once that marinates Biden has next to zero chance even if they try to cheat with mail in ballots

Literally nobody gives a crap about this nonsense other than a small silo of right wing twitter.
GuerrillaPack
Trump didn't "need" some big win in this debate. Even the Establishment polls are now saying the race is a dead heat. In reality, Trump is winning/leading right now. And he's going to win the election.
GoPack2008
GuerrillaPack said:

Trump didn't "need" some big win in this debate. Even the Establishment polls are now saying the race is a dead heat. In reality, Trump is winning/leading right now. And he's going to win the election.

Which establishment polls show this?

Every single polling average has Biden well ahead. Trump COULD still win. It's absolutely possible. But I haven't seen anything that has the race tied or Trump ahead.
GuerrillaPack
And as far as Biden making a big mistake in this debate...how about admitting that he plans to "shut down the oil industry"??

Fracking and oil is big in Pennsylvania, for one. Many believe that Trump will win PA again, and more easily now due to Biden's stance on "phasing out fossil fuels" and banning fracking. If Biden loses PA he has no chance of winning the election.
Bas2020
GoPack2008 said:

Bas2020 said:

mdreid said:

metcalfmafia said:

Literally nobody gives a crap about this nonsense other than a small silo of right wing twitter.

Lol , sure buddy .

Only thing Dems can hang their hat on right now is biased poll numbers and cheering for Covid #s . Every other metric favors Trump being relected . Registration , Enthusiasm , Economy, Ground game , Approval ratings , 56% saying they are better off now than under Obama /Biden . And yes , the massive Biden corruption story will cost Biden 3-4 pts .

Heck , Biden can't get more than 5 people at a rally .

Trump can get 20,000.

Dems argue that stuff doesn't matter to their own peril.

And btw , nearly every Indy on these focus groups are voting for Trump now they say , not to mention the shy voter affect . 30% have already voted in FL and Trump is set to win unless something crazy happens .First dominoe about to fall ...

packgrad
Remember, Biden took the week off to prepare. Imagine that guy running the country. He took the week off to prepare and that was the result.
IseWolf22
Trump "won" this one. But it wasn't resounding and I don't think it moved the needle with many people
RunsWithWolves26
One of the big things I've heard being talked about after the debate is Pennsylvania. Many talking heads on both sides are saying what biden said about fracking and the oil industry at the debate could cost him that state. Some on the right are saying it cost him the election. Even if biden loses Pennsylvania, he can still win the election without much issue. Trump had the perfect storm happen to him in 2016 so, while important, Pennsylvania is not the end all, be all of this election.
IseWolf22
Bas2020 said:

GoPack2008 said:

Bas2020 said:

mdreid said:

metcalfmafia said:

Lol , sure buddy .

Only thing Dems can hang their hat on right now is biased poll numbers and cheering for Covid #s . Every other metric favors Trump being relected . Registration , Enthusiasm , Economy, Ground game , Approval ratings , 56% saying they are better off now than under Obama /Biden . And yes , the massive Biden corruption story will cost Biden 3-4 pts .

Trump can get 20,000.

And btw , nearly every Indy on these focus groups are voting for Trump now they say , not to mention the shy voter affect . 30% have already voted in FL and Trump is set to win unless something crazy happens .First dominoe about to fall ...

I'm curious where you're getting numbers from. Ive now seen multiple articles showing a significant Democratic advantage in early voting in almost every swing state.
On approval ratings, you're cherry picking one poll while ignoring the aggregate, where his approval rating is still 43% with 52% disapproving
DrummerboyWolf
Great column by Steve Deace of BlazeTV. Maybe you guys can share this with your "Suburban Moms" who might be considering voting for Joe.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/commentary-suburban-women-being-played
Civilized
RunsWithWolves26 said:

One of the big things I've heard being talked about after the debate is Pennsylvania. Many talking heads on both sides are saying what biden said about fracking and the oil industry at the debate could cost him that state. Some on the right are saying it cost him the election. Even if biden loses Pennsylvania, he can still win the election without much issue. Trump had the perfect storm happen to him in 2016 so, while important, Pennsylvania is not the end all, be all of this election.

And despite Trump's claims to the contrary, PA is roughly split pro- and against fracking. It's an important issue in the state but not one with a clear-cut lean.
1MANWOLFPAK
No one who's a DEMOCRAT cares that Biden corrupt as hell, lies his ass off, 47 years hasn't done a goddam thing except get rich by serving in public office. Real Americans care and you are going to find out the hard way in 11 days. Irrefutable evidence that he is guilty - named witnesses (not BS anonymous sources), signatures, verified emails... Guilty of the crimes you lying ass democrats manufactured and accused trump of for over 3 years and used to try and impeach the president of the United States. And that's just what we know so far.... This just serves as further proof TDS is REAL. Democrat corruption is ok, not a problem, whatever it takes to defeat orange man. It's no big deal, fake news , RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA. Y'all love to talk **** about the Trump kids and fabricate stories about them using the office to get rich, but when there's actual proof that the democrat presidential candidates POS son has already done this exactly, your don't care! Nothing! No big deal! You people are truly sick, hypocrites of the highest order. I can't wait to watch your temper tantrums in 2 weeks. You should prob go ahead and take the rest of that week off and have your emotional support animal ready to go. Have the cry closet fully stocked with Kleenex, you're gonna need it.
GoPack2008 said:

Bas2020 said:

mdreid said:

metcalfmafia said:

ncsualum05
RunsWithWolves26 said:

PA is a tough state and a toss up. The corrupt Philly machine is hard to overcome but I think Trump will win it. Honestly I think Trump was going to win it before last night anyway. I don't think you understand how this is shaping up. Biden has to sweep the rust belt to win... not the other way around.

Trump has AZ, NC, FL. You watch... he's got them. Those are the 3 closest states outside of the rust belt and keep an eye on NV and NH b/c they are tight as well and by no means automatic for Biden. Trump's got a firewall that puts him in a position to win the election with 1 rust belt state. But he's probably going to win 3 of them or maybe all 4 (MN, MI, WI, PA). At worst Trump wins MI and WI. Remember this post in a couple weeks. I also post my prediction map on the poll thread.
packgrad
ncsualum05 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

PA is a tough state and a toss up. The corrupt Philly machine is hard to overcome but I think Trump will win it. Honestly I think Trump was going to win it before last night anyway. I don't think you understand how this is shaping up. Biden has to sweep the rust belt to win... not the other way around.

Trump has AZ, NC, FL. You watch... he's got them. Those are the 3 closest states outside of the rust belt and keep an eye on NV and NH b/c they are tight as well and by no means automatic for Biden. Trump's got a firewall that puts him in a position to win the election with 1 rust belt state. But he's probably going to win 3 of them or maybe all 4 (MN, MI, WI, PA). At worst Trump wins MI and WI. Remember this post in a couple weeks. I also post my prediction map on the poll thread.

If you're wrong I'm coming after you. Haha. Just kidding. I hope you're right. It frightens me to think of Kamala as president.
Civilized
IseWolf22 said:

Trump "won" this one. But it wasn't resounding and I don't think it moved the needle with many people

I don't think it matters either way but I don't think Trump did better than Biden in this debate.

He clearly did better than himself in his previous embarrassing debate performance. That's what people are responding to whether they realize/admit it or not. It feels like he did 'well' because he didn't embarrass himself again and acted as normal as he's capable of acting.

It was a low bar and he largely got out of his own way. That's about all you can say about his performance.

Listen, a month ago the right was saying Biden would never debate because he was too old, too slow, too drugged, too incapable.

The first debate proved that wrong.

This week the right was clamoring for Biden to answer to the American public about Hunter's emails and business dealings.

Biden said emphatically that he's never made money from foreign interests, that prior intelligence due diligence on the matter corroborated that Hunter's dealings did not shape US policy, and that he has released 22 years of tax returns while all we get from Trump are empty promises he'll one day release his, and now recent evidence of undeclared bank accounts in China.

That line of inquiry did not do what Trump needed it to do, which was make Biden look rattled, defensive, or corrupt.

It's absolutely straw-grasping time for the right; their best hope is to keep digging and clawing and hope to find another Comey letter-level bombshell in there somewhere.

Civilized
1MANWOLFPAK said:

No one who's a DEMOCRAT cares that Biden corrupt as hell, lies his ass off, 47 years hasn't done a goddam thing except get rich by serving in public office. Real Americans care and you are going to find out the hard way in 11 days. Irrefutable evidence that he is guilty - named witnesses (not BS anonymous sources), signatures, verified emails... Guilty of the crimes you lying ass democrats manufactured and accused trump of for over 3 years and used to try and impeach the president of the United States. And that's just what we know so far.... This just serves as further proof TDS is REAL. Democrat corruption is ok, not a problem, whatever it takes to defeat orange man. It's no big deal, fake news , RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA. Y'all love to talk **** about the Trump kids and fabricate stories about them using the office to get rich, but when there's actual proof that the democrat presidential candidates POS son has already done this exactly, your don't care! Nothing! No big deal! You people are truly sick, hypocrites of the highest order. I can't wait to watch your temper tantrums in 2 weeks. You should prob go ahead and take the rest of that week off and have your emotional support animal ready to go. Have the cry closet fully stocked with Kleenex, you're gonna need it.

He mad.
Bas2020
IseWolf22 said:

Bas2020 said:

GoPack2008 said:

Bas2020 said:

mdreid said:

metcalfmafia said:

Lol , sure buddy .

Trump can get 20,000.

I'm curious where you're getting numbers from. Ive now seen multiple articles showing a significant Democratic advantage in early voting in almost every swing state.
On approval ratings, you're cherry picking one poll while ignoring the aggregate, where his approval rating is still 43% with 52% disapproving

Republicans will swamp dems on Election Day typically 65% - 35%.

Follow @larryschweikart if you want real time Florida numbers . DEMS need to be up early by 600-750K votes. Right now they are only up 400,000 or so with Red counties yet to open and with more pubs voting on weekends because they have actual jobs during the week.

Right now Trump will win FL by more than 2016.

Some of that is due to Trumps gains with blacks & Hispanics . There was a poll last night that Trump is at 46% with black males . That incredible . That gives Trump 23% of the black vote . Even say it's only 20% no pub has gotten more than 10%.

Again dems only bright spot is national poll numbers . This isn't a national election . It's FL, NC, AZ, NV, and the rest belt . Only 10 states matter .
RunsWithWolves26
If Trump gets 20% of the black vote, I will never post here again.
Steve Williams
Staff
Wondering if anyone noticed besides me- I thought Biden was super sharp for about the first 45 minutes or so. I felt that was one of the better versions of Biden that I've seen and whether you agree or not with his policies, I thought he did a very good job of communicating. By the one hour mark, he really seemed to start struggling and at the end he was having difficulty putting sentences together. I told my wife, if this thing went another 30 minutes I'm not sure he could've told you what his name was. Maybe just me though.
DrummerboyWolf
Steve Williams said:

Wondering if anyone noticed besides me- I thought Biden was super sharp for about the first 45 minutes or so. I felt that was one of the better versions of Biden that I've seen and whether you agree or not with his policies, I thought he did a very good job of communicating. By the one hour mark, he really seemed to start struggling and at the end he was having difficulty putting sentences together. I told my wife, if this thing went another 30 minutes I'm not sure he could've told you what his name was. Maybe just me though.
No you are right. He was definitely declining as the debate went on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.