Trump/Biden debate

34,105 Views | 387 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by caryking
RunsWithWolves26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wondering if anyone has heard when or IF they will debate this year. I've heard conflicting reports one way or the other. If they do debate, I will have my popcorn ready because it will be extremely funny at some points but probably really depressing at others. The popcorn will be for the laughs and to eat my depressed feelings away. What say you? Will they or won't they debate and if so, how do you think it will go?
Glasswolf
1st one is schedule 9-29-2020 from Cleveland. Chris Wallace will be the Moderator.

1st VP debate is Oct 7th
RunsWithWolves26
Glasswolf said:

1st one is schedule 9-29-2020 from Cleveland. Chris Wallace will be the Moderator.

1st VP debate is Oct 7th

Thank you kind sir. I'll admit, I haven't watched the news in close to 2 months now so I was unaware of that. Thank you for the up to date info!
IseWolf22
Yes,

I will be watching with popcorn as well. It is going to be hilarious in the moment, then I'll feel really bad about what I just saw.

packgrad
It's going to be awful. Biden's mental deficiency will be exposed. He will withdraw shortly thereafter and Kamala will be the formal candidate.
IseWolf22
IseWolf22 said:

Yes,

I will be watching with popcorn as well. It is going to be hilarious in the moment, then I'll feel really bad about what I just saw.

Lol, this image is now showing a black box for me because it was "flagged." Is that IPS or imgFlip (where this came from)?

It was just the classic, double spiderman meme with "No, you have dementia" across the top

Edit to add, now both aren't showing. Ok I give up
packgrad
IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Yes,

Lol, this image is now showing a black box for me because it was "flagged." Is that IPS or imgFlip (where this came from)?

It was just the classic, double spiderman meme with "No, you have dementia" across the top

It was always a black box for me. Said image unavailable.
ncsualum05
I know dates are set and I know it's got moderators but I do not believe Biden will debate until I see him walk out on stage. Their campaign has carefully placed every event he has done from teleprompter speeches, teleprompter Q&A, vetted people, reporters, questions ahead of time. Everything is scripted and within acceptable topics. I don't see how the campaign allows him to expose himself in an environment where they can't control all those aspects. They could probably convince the other moderators to set things up in Biden's favor but Wallace ain't going to play that *****
GuerrillaPack
ncsualum05 said:

I know dates are set and I know it's got moderators but I do not believe Biden will debate until I see him walk out on stage. Their campaign has carefully placed every event he has done from teleprompter speeches, teleprompter Q&A, vetted people, reporters, questions ahead of time. Everything is scripted and within acceptable topics. I don't see how the campaign allows him to expose himself in an environment where they can't control all those aspects. They could probably convince the other moderators to set things up in Biden's favor but Wallace ain't going to play that *****
Agree with everything you said except for the part on Wallace. Wallace is just another fake conservative shill, as with 99% of those on FoxNews. Wallace and FauxNews are part of the Establishment. What we really have is a one party system. Both R and D parties are controlled by the same super elites, and have basically the same agenda (minus the empty rhetoric). Wallace will "play ball", and help install Biden as President, if that is the plan.
Francis
Trump will rip Biden apart.
ncsualum05
GuerrillaPack said:

ncsualum05 said:

Agree with everything you said except for the part on Wallace. Wallace is just another fake conservative shill, as with 99% of those on FoxNews. Wallace and FauxNews are part of the Establishment. What we really have is a one party system. Both R and D parties are controlled by the same super elites, and have basically the same agenda (minus the empty rhetoric). Wallace will "play ball", and help install Biden as President, if that is the plan.
Respectfully disagree. You might have a point on establishment culture. Wallace is not conservative and does not like Trump. But he prides himself on hitting everyone hard. Did you watch the 2016 debate that he moderated? The other debates were reduced to partisan hackery by the moderators but Wallace was hitting Clinton with everything as well as Trump.
IseWolf22
packgrad said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Yes,

It was always a black box for me. Said image unavailable.
On mine it was appearing correctly for 15 min or so. Then it was a big black box with text saying something like "This image has been flagged for content moderation review." Now it's showing as a plain black box.
I can still see the 2nd image in preview view, but not in the main thread.
RunsWithWolves26
With a supreme court seat now up for grabs, the next couple of months and especially the debates, should be interesting.
RunsWithWolves26
BTTT ahead of the debates tomorrow
SupplyChainPack
ncsualum05 said:

The questions were fed to Hillary ahead of time last go around. It only be surprising if they didn't do the same for Biden this time.

He's going to need all the help he can get.
ciscopack
SupplyChainPack said:

ncsualum05 said:

The questions were fed to Hillary ahead of time last go around. It only be surprising if they didn't do the same for Biden this time.

I doubt it but I don't know. Hillary definitely has more brain power.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2016/10/who_did_viewers_say_won_the_three_presidential_debates.html
RunsWithWolves26
Today is the day and honestly, the more I think about it, the worse I feel about watching this debate tonight. I know Biden has cognitive issues and I can't take any joy in watching tonight knowing that. If Trump gets him off schedule just a little, I worry Biden will start to show more struggles and that to me, will not be fun to watch. Lord I hope it's just a clean debate but I know that won't be the case.
Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

ncsualum05 said:

For weeks the party line around here was that Biden wouldn't be caught dead on stage debating Trump. Now it's "Yeah, but he's probably getting questions in advance."

Y'all just sit back and enjoy the show you said would never happen.
TheStorm
I'd love to see Biden try to handle a speech like Trump did when he introduced Amy Barrett as the Supreme Court nominee. While he did in fact have a written copy of the speech in front of him on the podium. He never looked at it the entire time he spoke. That speech was easily in excess of 5 minutes. Delivered flawlessly.

Biden wouldn't even make it through the first 2-3 sentences without having to read from somewhere...
packgrad
For weeks, Democrat leadership said he should not debate. Is that the party line you are referring to?
SupplyChainPack
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Today is the day and honestly, the more I think about it, the worse I feel about watching this debate tonight. I know Biden has cognitive issues and I can't take any joy in watching tonight knowing that. If Trump gets him off schedule just a little, I worry Biden will start to show more struggles and that to me, will not be fun to watch. Lord I hope it's just a clean debate but I know that won't be the case.

I actually think it needs to be one of Trump's key strategies tonight. Since it is very highly likely that someone at Fox fed the questions for tonight to the Biden team, Trump needs to - at times - needs to address Biden directly, and challenge him with questions that there's no way Chris Wallace is going to ask him.

I think our President needs to spend most of his time highlighting his tremendous list of accomplishments - but at times he has to give Biden some things to deal with that he hasn't had a chance to practice 800 times already.
Bas2020
Is there even a drug that can help dementia or cognitive issues for a two hour debate ? Adderrall was thrown out yesterday .

Biden has been practicing his rehearsed answers for months now with his team . I think he will be somewhat sharp early and then fad late as his mind gets worn down .

Like any debate , neither will probably answer the questions asked but hopefully Chris Wallace does not allow Biden to instantly go into his rehearsed comments .
griff17matt
TheStorm said:

I'd love to see Biden try to handle a speech like Trump did when he introduced Amy Barrett as the Supreme Court nominee. While he did in fact have a written copy of the speech in front of him on the podium. He never looked at it the entire time he spoke. That speech was easily in excess of 5 minutes. Delivered flawlessly.

Biden wouldn't even make it through the first 2-3 sentences without having to read from somewhere...
Do you not know how teleprompters work?
1MANWOLFPAK
Isn't that the thingy that Biden has a reeeeeally hard time reading his answers to softball questions off of when he's not calling it a day at 9am?
griff17matt said:

TheStorm said:

SupplyChainPack
Bas2020 said:

Is there even a drug that can help dementia or cognitive issues for a two hour debate ? Adderrall was thrown out yesterday .

Biden has been practicing his rehearsed answers for months now with his team . I think he will be somewhat sharp early and then fad late as his mind gets worn down .

Like any debate , neither will probably answer the questions asked but hopefully Chris Wallace does not allow Biden to instantly go into his rehearsed comments .

Yep.

There's a reason he won't agree to a drug test. That guy is going to be swimming in it.

I know that they make them really small now, but I'd really like to see Fox do an extreme close up of each candidate from the side. In addition to already having rehearsed with the exact questions countless times, Im betting Joe will have a piece in his ear so that his handlers can keep him on track.

TheStorm
griff17matt said:

TheStorm said:

So, obviously you didn't watch the announcement then?
Pacfanweb
TheStorm said:

griff17matt said:

TheStorm said:

So, obviously you didn't watch the announcement then?
Teleprompters are to the right and left on the "clear" screens you see. The speaker doesn't have to look down at a piece of paper or screen on the podium. That's why you never see people looking around, then looking down for the next couple of sentences anymore. They can look around at the audience the whole time, because the speech is displayed in both directions.
Civilized
packgrad said:

For weeks, Democrat leadership said he should not debate. Is that the party line you are referring to?

Referring to all the IPS pubs that declared he was definitely too dementia-ridden to participate.

Assuming for the sake of argument that he's not eaten up with dementia, dems have a very natural concern that it's impossible to debate Trump when Trump just makes **** up. I mean, most all the **** he says not a few errors or embellishments like every other politician. That could well be the reason dems didn't embrace the idea of a debate.

Y'all may have been right about Biden being mentally incompetent, we'll see tonight.
SupplyChainPack
Trump just makes ******up?

Are you joking?

Please take one minute of your life to observe the master of just making **** up:

Civilized
SupplyChainPack said:

Are you joking?

Please take one minute of your life to observe the master of just making **** up:

LOL! Hope he learned from those lies...not a good look.
SexualChocolate
SupplyChainPack
Civilized said:

SupplyChainPack said:

Are you joking?

LOL! Hope he learned from those lies...not a good look.

He didn't:

"Historically Black Delaware State University Refutes Biden's Claim About Attending
'Vice President Biden did not attend DSU.'"

https://www.dailywire.com/news/historically-black-delaware-state-university-refutes-bidens-claim-about-attending

From October 2019:

"I got started out of an HBCU, Delaware State now, I don't want to hear anything negative about Delaware State," Biden told the audience just before the South Carolina Democratic primary. "They're my folks."

But Carlos Holmes, director of news service for Delaware State, said Biden was never a student there, although he made appearances twice on campus for commencement speeches. The university is on of the nation's historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs).

"Vice President Biden did not attend DSU," Holmes told The Washington Times in an email.

"CNN Pre-Debate Poll Shows Biden Clearly Won Debate"

https://babylonbee.com/news/pre-debate-poll-shows-biden-won-debate

---------------------------------------------------

U.S.In a highly accurate and scientific CNN poll taken pre-debate, presidential candidate Joe Biden has had a clear win over incumbent President Donald Trump, with 98% saying Biden won the debate tonight and only 2% saying Trump won.

"Biden just dominated Trump with his very non-senile performance," said pundit Jacob Ingram. "Or at least that's what everyone knows is going to happen."

The poll sampled smart people who are also attractive and cool, and it's very clear that those people all think

Biden is great and have already awarded him the win in tonight's debate against the dumb and abrasive Trump.

"With such a clear and decisive win, there's really no reason to even have the debate," said Biden campaign staffer Lucas Mathis. "That would only distract from how great Biden is doing. And ruin his naps."

The Trump campaign has denounced the poll as "fake news," even though the poll was made using numbers and a computer which are common instruments of science.

----------------------------------------------------

jadawson
I feel like trumps campaign may have made an error in really hammering down on Biden's mental faculties. They've set an extraordinarily low bar for his performance to exceed expectations just by stringing a few sentences together. I think that's where the drug accusations came from in prep for the chance Biden does make it through the evening without falling apart

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.