Mail in voting-thoughts?

46,904 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cowboypack02
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Supreme Court will not grant a pre-election review of a GOP appeal to exclude Pennsylvania ballots received after Election Day.

The court's order left open the possibility that the justices could decide after voting whether to allow the extension.

https://t.co/e9j4wX7FqC
TheStorm
cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Lets look at it like your paying a bill....

Your electric bill is due on 11/3. It doesn't matter how it gets there, its just suppose to get there by 11/3. If its not your going to get penalized for it. You could of mailed in your bill or dropped it off...

If you want to be responsible you pay it on time. If not then you face the consequences of that

Voting is the same way....it needs to be there by the deadline. Why should people who want to mail in their ballots be given a special set of circumstances? How is that fair to people who are making an effort to go to the polls?

You could of voted early weeks before the election started...but you chose not to..

You could of requested a mail in ballot weeks and weeks in advance and had plenty of time to mail it in before election day....but you chose not to...

You could of voted on election day....but you chose not to....

That doesn't sound to me like voter suppression at all....it seems to me that we are making efforts to help people because they don't want to take responsibility for their own actions and have a ballot returned on time.

All of the votes should be counted and the results should be announced on the same day. I think it invites fraud to not do this. There are news stories every day about mail in ballots being lost by the box full....you don't think that people in the mail service, who has endorsed a particular candidate by the way, won't chunk a bunch of backdated postmarks on ballots if they see where the election is?

Rent is due on the first, but not late until the 5th.

Is that 'unfair' to people who pay by the first? What tenants or landlords walk around thinking about it that way? It's just a reasonable grace period to allow for illness, slow mail, or any number of other small delays that happen in life.

As it stands right now, even in states that require ballots to arrive by Election Day, those votes often don't get counted until a few days later.

Just because TV networks often announce elections on election night doesn't mean that all the votes have actually been counted in the states they are calling.

It's much more important to count votes comprehensively than it is to count votes quickly. No one is arguing for counting votes that arrive two months later.
Your credit card bill is due on the 28th.....go ahead and pay it on the 29th if you want to...you'll have a fine for being late
Man... just don't pay any attention to his "liberal excuse of the ****ing day". It's all weak sauce and he ****ing knows it himself.

They've been screaming for absentee ballots for two (2) damn months already, so it's not like anyone doesn't know there's a ****ing election going on.

In this state you have sixteen (16) f'n days to either walk, drive, have someone take you, or ride on a bus to go wait for 15-20 minutes tops (except on Day 1 for all the "panickers")... You've been able to mail in an absentee ballot since before the beginning of the damn month. There are NO RATIONAL EXCUSES! You either care. Or you don't.

This is all about Ballot Harvesting. Nothing but another crutch to try to manipulate the vote.

All of a sudden, SOME states are publishing early voting data. Like North Carolina is doing - and I immediately said they shouldn't be able to do that. Not just pure numbers like 2.2 million people have voted early crappage. No, they break it down into demographics, and even publish it on a website... just like Roy and Mandy (it makes me cringe to even type her name - what a fake) do with their NCDHHS propoganda. I mean let's just call a spade a spade. They are liars. Period.

With the detailed demographics that they are releasing, anyone with half a brain can figure out the play at hand here. The people that need to know, know exactly what the actual numbers are. It's all about leaving themselves the opportunity to cheat - AFTER. THE. OUTCOME. IS. ALREADY. BASICALLY. KNOWN. BUT. STILL. LEAVING. THEMSELVES. THE. OPPORTUNITY. TO. HARVEST. BALLOTS. IF. THEY. NEED. TO. Anyone that is still on the voting rolls, registered democrat of course, that hasn't voted, moved in a nursing home or otherwise, dead or alive. The precinct heads have all that information at their fingertips.

Man!... (exclamation point for emphasis, just in case you can't tell I'm already fired up) They even opened up Sunday Early Voting so that the churches could bus in all the little old ladies and cast their votes for them. Retirement Homes. The whole nine yards.

A vote should count. My vote shouldn't be cancelled out by a fraudulent one. If you care, vote. If you don't care, don't vote.

Someone else shouldn't be able to vote in your name - or your place.

What people like Civilzed want is for all the loons out there that can't take 15 minutes to go vote when they can spend 4+ hours every night tearing up other people's ****, to be able to vote from their twitter accounts from their cell phones and for the "likes" they get to a post to count as a vote.

Oh, and just so we're clear on everything... "Loving Kindness!"

Damn Cheats. Just go f'n vote like everyone else - or at least get your **** in on time.
ncsualum05
There's only one reason for ballots to be counted and coming in that late.... ballot harvesting. Seeing the score and then trying to overcome it through dishonest methods. It should be illegal but for some reason people get away with it. Supreme court decision just gave NC the greenlight to harvest. Seriously if you haven't filled out your mail in by now than you don't deserve a vote. There have been wall to wall reminders on your phone, tablet, TV, mail for months now. I've had 20 different pcs of mail starting in August telling me to fill out my application for a mail in ballot. If I wanted to do it I was going to do it long ago. Here's a crazy thought... if you wanted to mail in and you don't feel comfortable doing it this late in the game go early vote in person... wear a mask... it's safe.

Civilized
TheStorm said:

Man... just don't pay any attention to his "liberal excuse of the ****ing day". It's all weak sauce and he ****ing knows it himself.

They've been screaming for absentee ballots for two (2) damn months already, so it's not like anyone doesn't know there's a ****ing election going on.

In this state you have sixteen (16) f'n days to either walk, drive, have someone take you, or ride on a bus to go wait for 15-20 minutes tops (except on Day 1 for all the "panickers")... You've been able to mail in an absentee ballot since before the beginning of the damn month. There are NO RATIONAL EXCUSES! You either care. Or you don't.

This is all about Ballot Harvesting. Nothing but another crutch to try to manipulate the vote.

All of a sudden, SOME states are publishing early voting data. Like North Carolina is doing - and I immediately said they shouldn't be able to do that. Not just pure numbers like 2.2 million people have voted early crappage. No, they break it down into demographics, and even publish it on a website... just like Roy and Mandy (it makes me cringe to even type her name - what a fake) do with their NCDHHS propoganda. I mean let's just call a spade a spade. They are liars. Period.

With the detailed demographics that they are releasing, anyone with half a brain can figure out the play at hand here. The people that need to know, know exactly what the actual numbers are. It's all about leaving themselves the opportunity to cheat - AFTER. THE. OUTCOME. IS. ALREADY. BASICALLY. KNOWN. BUT. STILL. LEAVING. THEMSELVES. THE. OPPORTUNITY. TO. HARVEST. BALLOTS. IF. THEY. NEED. TO. Anyone that is still on the voting rolls, registered democrat of course, that hasn't voted, moved in a nursing home or otherwise, dead or alive. The precinct heads have all that information at their fingertips.

Man!... (exclamation point for emphasis, just in case you can't tell I'm already fired up) They even opened up Sunday Early Voting so that the churches could bus in all the little old ladies and cast their votes for them. Retirement Homes. The whole nine yards.

A vote should count. My vote shouldn't be cancelled out by a fraudulent one. If you care, vote. If you don't care, don't vote.

What people like Civilzed want is for all the loons out there that can't take 15 minutes to go vote when they can spend 4+ hours every night tearing up other people's ****, to be able to vote from their twitter accounts from their cell phones and for the "likes" they get to a post to count as a vote.

Damn Cheats. Just go f'n vote like everyone else - or at least get your **** in on time.

Why are you so angry? You're word-vomiting.

Kagan looks at this correctly.

Politicians' incentives often conflict with voters' interests. Suppressing votes benefits the some of the lawmakers who make the rules.

Courts should have fair discretion on this matter for that reason; they serve as a check on legislative authority in circumstances where self-serving conflicts can arise.

And courts need to err on the side of ruling against elections procedures that could be suppressive for voters.
cowboypack02
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Why are you so angry? You're word-vomiting.

Kagan looks at this correctly.

Politicians' incentives often conflict with voters' interests. Suppressing votes benefits the some of the lawmakers who make the rules.

Courts should have fair discretion on this matter for that reason; they serve as a check on legislative authority in circumstances where self-serving conflicts can arise.

And courts need to err on the side of ruling against elections procedures that could be suppressive for voters.
According to article 2 of the constitution the legislature is the one who decides the law regarding elections...not the courts.

Kagan is incorrect

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.