Stock Market and Investments Discussion

47,660 Views | 342 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by waynecountywolf
mdreid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
griff17matt said:

lmao wasn't there some loser on packpride that was always DMing people to try to fight them or some ***** What is it with you dip****s taking everything on a message board so damn personal.

yall two need to get a ****ing room
caryking
I don't need to pronounce that I have common sense on a message board. That sounds might small....

I love these liberals turning things around and saying I'm unhinged when he's the one that started the whole damn thing by telling me to shut the **** up...

Typical loser. He can dish it out but can't take it...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
griff17matt
mdreid said:

griff17matt said:

lmao wasn't there some loser on packpride that was always DMing people to try to fight them or some ***** What is it with you dip****s taking everything on a message board so damn personal.

yall two need to get a ****ing room
Nah, I'm done, brother. He's blocked. Back to fighting the man!
IseWolf22
Daviewolf83 said:

I hope this helps. I also think Robinhood's days are limited. They are not a serious company and a place I or others would ever try to execute trades in the future, if they are actively working to manipulate the market. I suspect the SEC will be contacting them shortly.
Just curious, is this based on anything other than the current news? I have several people who keep telling me I should use Robinhood over other platforms and they do have significant amounts invested. They all work in the tech sphere though.
caryking

Looks like the SEC is going to go after the Reddit guys (the retail investor)... If true, this will show that the government only cares about the system and will crush the small guy whenever they want...

On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Dave Portnoy's point, in the link below, expresses the problem this country has everywhere...

https://nypost.com/2021/01/28/dave-portnoy-rages-tweets-at-robinhood-over-blocked-stocks/

caryking

Colonel Armstrong
Had all my funds on Robinhood but after this I'll be going elsewhere. Any other good options? Been thinking about Fidelity
Daviewolf83
King Leary said:

Had all my funds on Robinhood but after this I'll be going elsewhere. Any other good options? Been thinking about Fidelity
I used e-Trade in the past, but Fidelity is an option. Also consider Ameritrade and Schwab.
Daviewolf83
IseWolf22 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

I hope this helps. I also think Robinhood's days are limited. They are not a serious company and a place I or others would ever try to execute trades in the future, if they are actively working to manipulate the market. I suspect the SEC will be contacting them shortly.
Just curious, is this based on anything other than the current news? I have several people who keep telling me I should use Robinhood over other platforms and they do have significant amounts invested. They all work in the tech sphere though.
The terms of use agreement has some issues as far as I am concerned. For example, some investors reported today that Robinhood began automatically cashing people out of their positions today. They did this because they thought the people took risky positions in Gamestop. While it is in line with their terms of use, it is bad form in my mind.

Suspending trading is done at times, but in this case, it seems like there is a high "stink" factor. It smells of Robinhood helping to protect some of their big investors. Personally, I am not in favor of any actions that get in the way of an efficient market and limiting trading activity has this effect.

I did see tonight that the NY Attorney General is investigating the actions Robinhood took today.
Ellesdad
I have been trying to get my in-laws to invest and save for retirement for awhile now. Explained how stocks work, the whole nine yards. I've made calls with them to Vangaurd, Schwab, trying to help them understand they are capable of achieving their goals for retirement. They're just old school and very suspicious by nature.

If they find out what is going on with GameStop/Reddit, I'm screwed. That's a wrap.
BBW12OG
The left always screamed "follow the money" when it came to the GOP and President Trump... sorry if this has been posted already but it can't be repeated enough. Day 10 of the move toward single party rule and the Dictatorship ruling over the proletariat. It's happening in real time, live on TV and how many are defending them?

caryking
Daviewolf83 said:

King Leary said:

I used e-Trade in the past, but Fidelity is an option. Also consider Ameritrade and Schwab.
If you're concerned about what Robinhood did, check the others you mentioned as Schwab did the same thing, I think...
gtman49
pineknollshoresking said:

Daviewolf83 said:

King Leary said:

If you're concerned about what Robinhood did, check the others you mentioned as Schwab did the same thing, I think...
Yea that is the catch, a ton of them did it.

Anyone use Webull? Seems to be a popular one to move to after RH.
BBW12OG
I fired away on TD Ameritrade. Got an email late last night "apologizing" for the disruption in buying yesterday. I jumped in and made my purchase before the market opened. Set the "buy" price just over expected opening and NOK went up quickly then tanked when the phones started ringing from the powers that be.

Again, there needs to be a full investigation into this. Let's see how that pans out.
FlossyDFlynt

Daviewolf83 said:

King Leary said:

I did post that I was having issues with Schwab, but it actually worked in my favor. I got my trade done eventually for AMC at 8.97 a share later in the morning. Been with Schwab ever since USAA migrated over and been pretty happy with them overall. I wont let them off the hook per se, but I can see a legitimate reason for having technical glitches due to sheer volume.

All that being said, I am skeptical for all brokers yesterday (including Schwab) that had "technical" issues
Daviewolf83
BBW12OG said:

I fired away on TD Ameritrade. Got an email late last night "apologizing" for the disruption in buying yesterday. I jumped in and made my purchase before the market opened. Set the "buy" price just over expected opening and NOK went up quickly then tanked when the phones started ringing from the powers that be.

Again, there needs to be a full investigation into this. Let's see how that pans out.
There are going to be investigations and hearings, but I am just not sure how successful they will be. Too many hands in the cookie jar.
BBW12OG
Will be interesting to see how this divides which party. I'll keep the name calling out of this thread and save it for the political ones. But here you have Senator Feinstein paying fines for "forgetting" her husband bought stocks. I can believe she forgets where she is and what is going on but this? I ain't buying it.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Dianne-Feinstein-forgot-report-stock-Richard-Blum-15905161.php

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/dianne-feinstein-stock-purchase-husband-b1794169.html

File that under "oops, I got caught."

Then you have the Speaker, one of the most crooked politicians ever, and her husband basically doing insider trading in public view. I'm sure she will just have some ice cream and tell anyone that asks that "we are not here to talk about that" and move on to the next question.

cowboypack02
BBW12OG said:

Will be interesting to see how this divides which party. I'll keep the name calling out of this thread and save it for the political ones. But here you have Senator Feinstein paying fines for "forgetting" her husband bought stocks. I can believe she forgets where she is and what is going on but this? I ain't buying it.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Dianne-Feinstein-forgot-report-stock-Richard-Blum-15905161.php

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/dianne-feinstein-stock-purchase-husband-b1794169.html

Then you have the Speaker, one of the most crooked politicians ever, and her husband basically doing insider trading in public view. I'm sure she will just have some ice cream and tell anyone that asks that "we are not here to talk about that" and move on to the next question.

Divides which party? lol....that's funny. If nothing else the democrats are good at all pulling in the same direction.
BBW12OG
You would think so. But.... you had the representative from Brooklyn and Donald Trump Jr. BOTH calling out the BS yesterday. She had a semi-intelligent thought and then accused Senator Cruz of trying to murder her. Both parties have Wall Street lackey's and members that want to see them held accountable.

But at the end of the day I agree with you. The new Treasury Secretary should never have been approved and after yesterday she should resign or be replaced. It's day 10 of what will be the crookedest administration since the 2004-2016. Notice any similarities?
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Divides which party? lol....that's funny. If nothing else the democrats are good at all pulling in the same direction.
Guys, this is "NOT" a democrat thing!!! Both parties do it and its disgusting!!! I see this as a Populist vs Elitist thing.

Elites - Protect me through use of government (Who pressured Robinhood to turn off trading?)
Populist - people on Reddit

The folks on CNBC were up in arms yesterday about this. Why? Essentially they said: we need to protect the system. All they care about is themselves, not there customers...

Charles Payne is the only Financial guy that gets it...

BBW12OG
Oh agree it's a "both" party issue. My problem is that one party gets investigated and the other party gets by with an "oopsie" and it is swept under the rug. Not to mention the Treasury Secretary has an obvious conflict of interest and the current administration refuses to acknowledge it.
caryking
BBW12OG said:

Oh agree it's a "both" party issue. My problem is that one party gets investigated and the other party gets by with an "oopsie" and it is swept under the rug. Not to mention the Treasury Secretary has an obvious conflict of interest and the current administration refuses to acknowledge it.
BBW, I am confident Republican's get away with "oopsie" and its swept under the rug as well. When they really screw up, they get called out (EX: Richard Burr).

Yellin definitely has a conflict of interest; however, calling her out is noise. The number of people in congress that doesn't have a conflict of interest is probably minimal. So, we shouldn't be arguing against a single party for things like "conflicts of interest"; rather, we should call out the entire system (the Elites vs the People).

BBW, I am a minimalist government person and I've become a populist ideology person as well. The system is so corrosive because people are so very flawed!
caryking
This is what should cause us all big issues... On the Bloomberg Terminal (this is used to communicate out to the world financial sector), they referred to the Reddit people as:

Stock Insurrection(ist)

Why would they use the term insurrection? Isn't that familiar to the January 6th issue at the Capitol? What is the goal of referring to the Reddit people as the same as the Capitol incident?
BBW12OG
I see your point. Doesn't make it any easier to accept that one party gets away with 90% of the misdeeds without so much as a mention and smallest indiscretion from a GOP'er gets front page, prime time coverage 24/7 until they are vilified as the next coming of Satan.
caryking
BBW12OG said:

I see your point. Doesn't make it any easier to accept that one party gets away with 90% of the misdeeds without so much as a mention and smallest indiscretion from a GOP'er gets front page, prime time coverage 24/7 until they are vilified as the next coming of Satan.
What I'm hearing you argue is the MSM... The MSM media is something you cannot control. It is, without a doubt, an arm of the Democratic Party (that's hyperbole); however, the MSM is full of Democrats and don't expect change in those networks.

Now, NYT White House reporter (I think) is asking specific questions about the Yellin's "conflict of interest". Jenn Psaki is failing, big time, responding to the questions. Unfortunately, it will probably go nowhere... I hope I'm wrong!

Remember, Biden made them sign the agreement for conflicts. Lets see if this gets pushed... I still think its noise.
BBW12OG
You may possibly be right. BUT...this is crossing party lines and it is garnered the attention of celebs and some members of the MSM. It may have legs. The Press Secretary is horrible. All the pundits that made fun of McEnamy's notebook should look no further than the 2nd grade ensemble that the current PS carries with her. I keep waiting for he to "circle back" and say "well, my dog ate the answers to that line of questions."

This administration is poorly prepared, is poorly executing any plan or ideas that don't revolve around undoing everything that President Trump did good or bad.

Honestly to the opposition party if this was happening under Trump's administration he'd be impeached. FACT.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-staying-out-of-gamestop-controversy

BBW12OG
Is the Senator from Massachusetts going after Citadel, the hedge fund owners or the "ones" who shut down trading? HELL NO... she's going after the Redditt group that followed the law, did everything legal and busted the hedge fund owners' balls.

HYPOCRISY.

caryking
BBW12OG said:

Is the Senator from Massachusetts going after Citadel, the hedge fund owners or the "ones" who shut down trading? HELL NO... she's going after the Redditt group that followed the law, did everything legal and busted the hedge fund owners' balls.

HYPOCRISY.

Her entire letter, in my opinion, is the epitome of hypocrisy. Actually, does she even know what going on?
Daviewolf83
BBW12OG said:

HYPOCRISY.

I just saw this and she is so wrong. Here are my views:

1. The government's role is to insure markets are fair, orderly, and efficient. This is it and nothing more. The government's place and role is to set rules and guidelines that insure markets meet the criteria I mentioned.
2. The government's role should never be about setting market prices or taking action to set the price of a security. If the government does not like the fact a set of people are driving up the price above a value they do not believe is right - they have zero say in the matter. This is not the role of the government and if they do so, they impact the ability of the market to work efficiently.
3. The government's role is not to protect investors from their own uninformed or ill-advised stock positions. If the market is conducted in a fair and efficient way and the investor loses money, the investor should not expect the government to save them.
4. The Reddit group has not broken any laws from what I can tell. They have acted in accordance with the rules established to insure markets operate freely and fairly.

I did hear on the news this morning that the Shorts have lost approximately $54 billion since the start of this year.
cowboypack02

cowboypack02 said:

BBW12OG said:

Guys, this is "NOT" a democrat thing!!! Both parties do it and its disgusting!!! I see this as a Populist vs Elitist thing.

Elites - Protect me through use of government (Who pressured Robinhood to turn off trading?)
Populist - people on Reddit

The folks on CNBC were up in arms yesterday about this. Why? Essentially they said: we need to protect the system. All they care about is themselves, not there customers...

Charles Payne is the only Financial guy that gets it...

I don't think its just a Democrat thing....its definitely both parties and just a lot of politicians in general.

My point was that nothing is going to happen because even if Pelosi, or Yellen of whoever else gets all kinds of wrapped up in it then the rest of the democrat party is going to come to their rescue. If it happened to Cruz or some other republican you'd have other republicans calling for his head
cowboypack02

This is what should cause us all big issues... On the Bloomberg Terminal (this is used to communicate out to the world financial sector), they referred to the Reddit people as:

Stock Insurrection(ist)

Why would they use the term insurrection? Isn't that familiar to the January 6th issue at the Capitol? What is the goal of referring to the Reddit people as the same as the Capitol incident?
99% of people I know have never heard of a Bloomberg Terminal, much less know what it is. I'm kinda interested in knowing what type of financial background you have now.
BBW12OG
Sorry...but I have not seen one member of the GOP come up with something like this. The representative from Brooklyn has also gotten quiet as has the rest of her party on this.

I would put more than a dollar or two that the "company line" has been toed and they have been told where the party stands on this.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming days.

Hell yes she is wrong on this. She basically said that if you aren't part of the establishment then you shouldn't benefit from the rules that benefit the establishment?

Animal Farm Part 2.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

George Orwell, Animal Farm

Folks whether you want to believe it or not this IS happening. The hatred for the former administration has clouded many level minded people into allowing the current administration to walk all over the rules, laws and how this country was built and how it has succeeded for 245 years. Not sure if it will make it another four the way it has went the last 10 days.
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

Stock Insurrection(ist)

99% of people I know have never heard of a Bloomberg Terminal, much less know what it is. I'm kinda interested in knowing what type of financial background you have now.
I think your question is off a little... the question should have been something like: where are you getting information that talks about a Bloomberg Terminal. I'm not familiar with it...

I'm not a financial person in the markets, nor do I trade on my own. So, to partially answer the question, see the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomberg_Terminal

Now, why do I know about this? It's the news agencies I follow...

Edit: please excuse my response if it sounds snarky. I just read it and thought... that sounds crappy!
BBW12OG
And it keeps getting swampier and swampier....Pretty sure this will go over really well in the midterm elections.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.