Coronavirus

2,383,323 Views | 20286 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

So...

Civ is posting saying that the providers at his primary care practice are saying that not one single patient of their practice that was vaccinated died from what would have been classified at that time as covid complications* (*which remember, means only testing positive)?

That's f'n hilarious.

No.

They're saying none of their patients, vaxxed or unvaxxed, died.

Though I doubt very highly that, despite his lived experience, he believes that nobody else died from Covid over the last three years.

Right.

I'm sure he considers his vaxxed and unvaxxed patients to be quite lucky and fortunate in that regard.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

So...

Civ is posting saying that the providers at his primary care practice are saying that not one single patient of their practice that was vaccinated died from what would have been classified at that time as covid complications* (*which remember, means only testing positive)?

That's f'n hilarious.

No.

They're saying none of their patients, vaxxed or unvaxxed, died.

Though I doubt very highly that, despite his lived experience, he believes that nobody else died from Covid over the last three years.

Right.

I'm sure he considers his vaxxed and unvaxxed patients to be quite lucky and fortunate in that regard.
Kissinger and the Gang have plans for ya Sieve. You're perfect.....but Nappy edges you out.
packgrad
Wait. We're still holding on to the ridiculousness of zero vaccinated patients were hospitalized???? lol. I guess we're not counting Covid the same way now, huh. Libs always cooking the books, aren't they?

Just sad that educated people believe this propaganda. First they cook the books with deaths and hospitalizations for lockdowns. Now cooking the books for vaccination success.

Pitiful.

Baaaa.
SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

Wait. We're still holding on to the ridiculousness of zero vaccinated patients were hospitalized???? lol. I guess we're not counting Covid the same way now, huh. Libs always cooking the books, aren't they?

Just sad that educated people believe this propaganda. First they cook the books with deaths and hospitalizations for lockdowns. Now cooking the books for vaccination success.

Pitiful.

Baaaa.

So remind me again why The Konspiracy went through all that trouble for lockdowns?
Werewolf
A couple of you here are gonna be all giddy over this...... PCR test, a mask and a jab, you'll be in great shape, Nappy.

GuerrillaPack
First white lung and now Pirola?? Pirola is the grandchild of Omicron!! And the experts are saying that it's highly mutated!! Does this mean that the Winter of Death is actually coming?!! OMFG!!! Save me Mandy Cohen!! Only the miracle vaccine can save me!!! I know it's been miraculously formulated by our uber scientists at Pfizer to go into the future and protect against mutations that happened after the vaccine was concocted!!! I'll let you shoot any concoction of chemicals, bioweapon mRNA, and nanoparticles into my veins right now!!! I know that these communists love me!!!
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Werewolf
nothing to see here nappy, carry on

Werewolf
its up 2 u Sieve….and your wise doctor. U r a man of discernment its clear 2 c
SmaptyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

First white lung and now Pirola?? Pirola is the grandchild of Omicron!! And the experts are saying that it's highly mutated!! Does this mean that the Winter of Death is actually coming?!! OMFG!!! Save me Mandy Cohen!! Only the miracle vaccine can save me!!! I know it's been miraculously formulated by our uber scientists at Pfizer to go into the future and protect against mutations that happened after the vaccine was concocted!!! I'll let you shoot any concoction of chemicals, bioweapon mRNA, and nanoparticles into my veins right now!!! I know that these communists love me!!!
So I take it you never go to the doctor or take any other medications? I can't imagine if you got sick you'd go crawling to those conspirators with their concoctions of chemicals.
TheStorm
Yes, Civ... your service provider is taking extreme poetic license with the truth... that letter is not truthful. Period.
GuerrillaPack
SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

So I take it you never go to the doctor or take any other medications? I can't imagine if you got sick you'd go crawling to those conspirators with their concoctions of chemicals.
I haven't needed to go to a doctor, since arguably my parents took me to the doctor for bronchitis when I was about 3 years old. Sure, doctors can do some good for certain things, and many of them are good, well-meaning people. However, they are part of a totally corrupt system (now largely dominated and controlled by Big Pharma) that actually does more harm than good in many cases -- eg, pill pushers for Big Pharma with drugs that do more harm than good, totally bogus "treatments" for cancer (radiation, chemotherapy poisoning, etc) that do not cure the disease and do more harm than good, pushing "vaccines" that do far more harm than good, etc.

Are you aware that doctor error is the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States -- killing at least 250,000 Americans per year? That's far, far more killed than the probably around 50 killed every year with semi-automatic rifles. Where is the libtarded commie Democrat outcry to fix medical malpractice, commensurate with their incessant whining to ban guns??

CNBC: The third-leading cause of death in US most doctors don't want you to know about

Quote:

• A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.
  • Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Werewolf
just a coincidence Sieve
https://truthpress.com/news/new-zealand-health-ministry-employee-and-whistleblowers-home-raided-and-arrested/
SmaptyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

I haven't needed to go to a doctor, since arguably my parents took me to the doctor for bronchitis when I was about 3 years old. Sure, doctors can do some good for certain things, and many of them are good, well-meaning people. However, they are part of a totally corrupt system (now largely dominated and controlled by Big Pharma) that actually does more harm than good in many cases -- eg, pill pushers for Big Pharma with drugs that do more harm than good, totally bogus "treatments" for cancer (radiation, chemotherapy poisoning, etc) that do not cure the disease and do more harm than good, pushing "vaccines" that do far more harm than good, etc.

Are you aware that doctor error is the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States -- killing at least 250,000 Americans per year? That's far, far more killed than the probably around 50 killed every year with semi-automatic rifles. Where is the libtarded commie Democrat outcry to fix medical malpractice, commensurate with their incessant whining to ban guns??

CNBC: The third-leading cause of death in US most doctors don't want you to know about

Quote:

• A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.
  • Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.

I'm just excited that you suddenly trust researchers, data, and statistics! Now maybe you could look into how much cancer deaths have fallen over the years.
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Yes, Civ... your service provider is taking extreme poetic license with the truth... that letter is not truthful. Period.

Respectfully Storm, I think I'll take the word of three doctors and their nurses with boatloads of clinical experience and who have their licenses, reputations, and business on the line over the word of anti-establishment guys on a message board who have absolutely none of that skin in the game.
TheStorm
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Respectfully Storm, I think I'll take the word of three doctors and their nurses with boatloads of clinical experience and who have their licenses, reputations, and business on the line over the word of anti-establishment guys on a message board who have absolutely none of that skin in the game.
Just more revisionist history.

NCDHHS was still tracking covid hospitalizations and deaths at still inflated rates just this exact time last year even (Wayland was still posting links sporadically)... the vaccines were rolled out 1.5 years before that.

But your special doctor's office didn't have anyone vaccinated ever have to go to the hospital? That's too funny to even bother responding to. It's a lie.
Civilized
TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Just more revisionist history.

NCDHHS was still tracking covid hospitalizations and deaths at still inflated rates just this exact time last year even (Wayland was still posting links sporadically)... the vaccines were rolled out 1.5 years before that.

But your special doctor's office didn't have anyone vaccinated ever have to go to the hospital? That's too funny to even bother responding to. It's a lie.

They also said they didn't have any unvaxxed patients die from COVID.

Were they lying about that too, or no, because that fact fits your agenda?

I have zero reason to doubt either observation.

First, they don't treat a million people. Their sample size is relatively small and not random. A self-selecting group of people seeks out medical care like they provide and those people are in a fairly affluent and educated city with great medical resources. That in an of itself improves medical outcomes relative to the average American.

Second do you have any idea what the risk of COVID hospitalization is for vaccinated individuals? It's between 5 and 60 per 100,000 per month depending on age. It's 2x-4x that for unvaxxed.

The relative risk is higher if you're unvaxxed but both are fortunately still rare outcomes overall even if they were higher during the early part of the pandemic. I think I read as of December 2020, to that point in the pandemic, without vaccines, with little natural immunity, and with a more severe strain in circulation, around 3% of COVID cases ended in hospitalization. 15% of those cases were fatal.

The risk of dying is now between 1 and 7 per 100,000 per month if you're vaxxed and 2.5x higher if you're unvaxxed.

So if a doctor has a clinic with 1,000 patients, how many patients of theirs would you expect to be hospitalized from or die from COVID?

You do the math and tell me again why you think their clinical observations must be a lie.
packgrad
This fits here.

TheStorm
^ Lol. So true...

They're just pissed that he stepped in to prevent the DNC from controlling social media content on Twitter.
Werewolf
When a wild animal is cornered guys beware. That's where this is headed. Just like the CIA planning to assassinate Trump or unleash a highly contageous and deadly virus this next time........ie a hemorrhagic fever.

Werewolf
I know Sieve, it cannot be true as its not from the desk of Anderson Cooper. And Gobbler, I know Brett Baer didn't report it but maybe Brett's handlers won't allow a non-narrative to be told.

Daviewolf83
Staff
Currently in the US, there are 54 patients, per one million people in the a hospital "with" Covid. This is data as recent as 11/30/2023. I purposely said "with" and not "for", since the data is not reported accurately enough to distinguish between patients who were admitted for other reasons and also tested positive for Covid at the time of admission and those patients who were admitted due to the effects of Covid. This is an important distinction and anyone who does not include this distinction is either doing so out of ignorance or they are willfully trying to mislead others.

Just some basic facts:

1. Vaccines do NOT prevent people from becoming infected by the virus that causes Covid. The vaccines can help to reduce the effects of the virus in some people, just as prior exposure can help to reduce the effects of Covid. The current vaccines available on the market are NOT "neutralizing" vaccines.

2. The mechanisms used by the vaccines to reduce the effects of the virus are the same mechanisms the body uses, after becoming infected, to initiate a immune system response to the vaccine. People who have been previously infected by the virus that causes Covid will care antibodies for a period of time and T-Cells for an even longer period of time. These antibodies and T-Cells, generated from previous infection, will offer some protection to the individual who becomes exposed and infected by the virus.

3. In a recent study (linked below), looking at hospitalizations due to Covid for those aged >=65 years old, it found that at least 23.5% of those hospitalized had received the recent bivalent vaccine. This indicates that people who are vaccinated, can be hospitalized with Covid. It also found that 62.9% of all COVID-19associated hospitalizations are those people whose age is >=65 years of age.
COVID-19Associated Hospitalizations Among U.S. Adults Aged 65 Years

4. In an older study, published in the JAMA in 2022 and looking at data between January 2022 and April 2022 (Omicron predominant strain), they reported the following. "COVID-19-associated hospitalization rates were 10.5 times higher in unvaccinated persons and 2.5 times higher in vaccinated persons with no booster dose, respectively, compared with those who had received a booster dose." The methodology of this study is significant, since they attempted to adjust for patients admitted primarily due to having Covid from those who were admitted "with" Covid. The study also reported that 24.5% of people who were admitted "for" Covid were vaccinated and 22% of those hospitalized were both vaccinated AND boosted.
COVID-19-Associated Hospitalizations Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Adults 18 Years or Older in 13 US States, January 2021 to April 2022

Number of People Hospitalized "With" Covid per 1 Million people:
Werewolf
TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

Currently in the US, there are 54 patients, per one million people in the a hospital "with" Covid. This is data as recent as 11/30/2023. I purposely said "with" and not "for", since the data is not reported accurately enough to distinguish between patients who were admitted for other reasons and also tested positive for Covid at the time of admission and those patients who were admitted due to the effects of Covid. This is an important distinction and anyone who does not include this distinction is either doing so out of ignorance or they are willfully trying to mislead others.

Just some basic facts:

1. Vaccines do NOT prevent people from becoming infected by the virus that causes Covid. The vaccines can help to reduce the effects of the virus in some people, just as prior exposure can help to reduce the effects of Covid. The current vaccines available on the market are NOT "neutralizing" vaccines.

2. The mechanisms used by the vaccines to reduce the effects of the virus are the same mechanisms the body uses, after becoming infected, to initiate a immune system response to the vaccine. People who have been previously infected by the virus that causes Covid will care antibodies for a period of time and T-Cells for an even longer period of time. These antibodies and T-Cells, generated from previous infection, will offer some protection to the individual who becomes exposed and infected by the virus.

3. In a recent study (linked below), looking at hospitalizations due to Covid for those aged >=65 years old, it found that at least 23.5% of those hospitalized had received the recent bivalent vaccine. This indicates that people who are vaccinated, can be hospitalized with Covid. It also found that 62.9% of all COVID-19associated hospitalizations are those people whose age is >=65 years of age.

4. In an older study, published in the JAMA in 2022 and looking at data between January 2022 and April 2022 (Omicron predominant strain), they reported the following. "COVID-19-associated hospitalization rates were 10.5 times higher in unvaccinated persons and 2.5 times higher in vaccinated persons with no booster dose, respectively, compared with those who had received a booster dose." The methodology of this study is significant, since they attempted to adjust for patients admitted primarily due to having Covid from those who were admitted "with" Covid. The study also reported that 24.5% of people who were admitted "for" Covid were vaccinated and 22% of those hospitalized were both vaccinated AND boosted.
COVID-19-Associated Hospitalizations Among Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Adults 18 Years or Older in 13 US States, January 2021 to April 2022

Welcome back Davie... as with Wayland (here just a week or so ago) - you already know our friend Civ of course (you may not have heard about his "special" medical provider in Durham yet though) ...

But - get ready to meet Smapty!

*Good post by the way, very interesting information.
Civilized
Thanks for the great info, Davie, and welcome back! Always great to see you!
Werewolf
Another Putin asset putting out a false narrative.

Werewolf
Not from MsNBC #Sieve, please ignore.
Werewolf
More fake news #Sieve and #Nappy. Disregard.
Werewolf
#Nappy, running a special at Walgreen, free COVID 19 jabs.......and a candy bar too!

Oldsouljer
Isn't this the first ever use of mRNA technology for a vaccine? His surprise perplexes me, what did he expect from what is, or was, an Investigational New Drug?
CALS grad
SmaptyWolf
Daviewolf83 said:

Just some basic facts:

Of the few regular WC posters who aren't foaming at the mouth over how the Covid vaccine is all a conspiracy to INSERT NONSENSE HERE, I imagine everyone acknowledges that Covid is far less deadly than it used to be. Society just has a lot of immunity now which seems to be producing milder outcomes, and current variants could be milder, too. Regardless, Covid has still killed 60,000 people so far in 2023, double a bad flu year (and we haven't gotten through December yet), yet the flu vaccine isn't really controversial, and nobody parses flu deaths based on whether people died "of" the flu or "with" the flu, either.

So yeah, for folks under 65, unless you have an underlying health problem your odds of hospitalization and death is very low. But that doesn't mean that this virus can't absolutely kick your butt and knock you out of work for a couple weeks, with a nontrivial chance that your recovery will take much longer ( https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/pulse/long-covid.htm ). As you rightly point out, immunity reduces the severity of the virus... which means having as much immunity as possible is a good thing. The problem is that both vaccine and natural immunity wane quickly, so unless you're getting infected every few months, a yearly booster is rational idea.

Incidentally, one thing you said I think was pretty off-base, but it's pretty important for understanding what's going on, so worth mentioning... both natural infection and the vaccine DO produce neutralizing antibodies. Clinical trials showed that the original vaccine actually provided 95% protection from getting infected at all from the original Wuhan strain... so it really was a suit of armor, and why everyone began clamoring for vaccine mandates to quickly eradicate the virus. Unfortunately it turned out that the antibodies that protect from getting infected at all waned very fast. It also turned out that the virus evolved rapidly, so a vaccine that provided 95% protection for the original strain could only provide 65% protection from Omicron right out of the gate, and then waned from there. So yes, both vaccine and natural immunity do provide some protection from getting infected at all, even now... an added benefit, though clearly not the main reason to want to keep your immunity topped off. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9828372/
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Isn't this the first ever use of mRNA technology for a vaccine? His surprise perplexes me, what did he expect from what is, or was, an Investigational New Drug?
Hell if I know but the convenience of locking us down and absentee voting etc. was all too telling.
dogplasma
One factor for everyone's own risk-benefit decision is the loss of taste and smell. Even if the potential for serious complications isn't very high, which it probably won't be for most people, I think basically everybody would agree that not being able to taste food for days, weeks, or months isn't an appealing prospect. A significant percentage of people experience this with a Covid infection, and some never fully recover their capacity. Minimizing the chances of this is something to at least consider.
Civilized
dogplasma said:

One factor for everyone's own risk-benefit decision is the loss of taste and smell. Even if the potential for serious complications isn't very high, which it probably won't be for most people, I think basically everybody would agree that not being able to taste food for days, weeks, or months isn't an appealing prospect. A significant percentage of people experience this with a Covid infection, and some never fully recover their capacity. Minimizing the chances of this is something to at least consider.

Yep. Friend of our family still hasn't regained her taste and smell after getting Covid months ago. Bad outcome for sure.

I'd lose some fingers and toes before I had to go through life without taste. I don't know how many digits but probably more than one.
Werewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Quote:

I'm just excited that you suddenly trust researchers, data, and statistics! Now maybe you could look into how much cancer deaths have fallen over the years.
New York = California
Texas = NC

SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

SmaptyWolf said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Quote:

New York = California
Texas = NC

I got bad news for him... half of the voters in Texas and NC are Democrats. Republicans have been having their fun with hyper-gerrymandered districts, but that won't last forever and they're about to find out.. Just please keep getting crazier.
First Page Last Page
Page 559 of 580

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.