Coronavirus

440,335 Views | 7540 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by packgrad
PackPA2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daviewolf83 said:

Some Covid-19 vaccination news:

1. The Trump administration has decided to release more vaccines, rather than reserving some for second doses as they have been doing. This will greatly increase the supply in all states. They are also urging states to open up the vaccinations to older adults and high-risk patients (regardless of age).

2. Nearly half of all states have already updated their priority groups to move adults 65+ to the front of the line. Georgia did this and in southwest Georgia, one health system saw an immediate jump in demand with all appointments booked for the next few days.

3. New York City has set up a vaccination site at Citi Field where the Mets play. It will be running 24/7 as long as they have vaccine supply.

4. It is possible that Johnson & Johnson will release the efficacy data from the Phase 3 trial for their Covid-19 vaccine next week, possibly as early as Monday. They ended up enrolling 45,000 people in the Phase 3 trial and it appears they are close to concluding the trial. If efficacy is good, they will likely submit their request for an EUA in a couple of weeks. As a reminder, this is a vaccine that only requires one shot.

5. Israel continues to lead the world in Covid-19 vaccinations. They have now vaccinated ~21% of their population, having vaccinated 1.8 million people. Approximately 72% of people 65+ have been vaccinated and approximately 80% of people aged 70+.


#2 --> We have been told that the FDA is going to officially recommend adults 65 and up in an announcement some time over the next couple of days. All states should follow pretty quickly after that.
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Our state sucks so bad at managing anything. This is ridiculous. You have rural states with people far and wide, less resources, less money, less government no doubt and yet better leadership and better results. I won't go political here but some of us are thinking it.
I know we like to blame a lot of things on politicians. I am not so sure this one can be. I think there are more issues down the line from a governor point of view.

For example, 6/10 governors of the states in the top 10 are Republican. 4/10 are Democrats, if I counted correctly. I don't think you can glean much from minor difference.

I think we have a big issue with local health departments being either underfunded or understaffed or not reaching out to local providers/hospitals for help. At least this is what I have seen with our local health department. They have accomplished all of those above.
This is the rub on the state/local vs. federal distribution models.

States and local governments are boots on the ground, but are under-resourced.

Feds have the resources but not boots on the ground in states.

Effectual distribution was always going to take a blended solution and extensive planning and coordination and funding between federal agencies and state/local governments, health departments, and hospitals.

This isn't a state problem OR a feds problem. It's AND, not OR.

I am sure resources are part of the issue, but some states with the same limited resources appear to be doing a better job than NC in spite of it. Take West Virginia. They have given 5.38 doses per 100 people. NC has only given 2.02 doses per 100 people. Look at Tennessee. They have given 3.57 doses per 100 people.

I agree it is an AND problem and I am not in any way trying to argue this point. At some point, someone in NC has to start taking responsibility and figuring out a solution. I have yet to see anyone in leadership, regardless of party (I could care less what party they are in) stand up and say the current vaccination rate is unacceptable and here is how we are going to fix it.

Cooper and Cohen are giving a press conference today at 3:30. Maybe one of them will step up and say here is how it is going to be fixed. If not them, who will it be?
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wayland said:

pineknollshoresking said:

This is not a flame post; rather a post to get thoughts... first, correct me if I'm wrong...

Why do you think we had more deaths in 2019 than 2020?

We didn't. It is just that NC DHHS is one of the worst state agencies at reporting deaths.

WRT to reporting deaths to the CDC, NC DHHS hasn't even gotten through their September data yet, while most states are well into December. It has been pathetic all year and no one has taken Cohen to task on this.
Nor will they as only a few podunk media outlets like the Beaufort Observer challenge her on these things. And they have trouble getting access and answers for that very reason. But this is all par for the course for a state government whose relief actions are still being awaited by some Hurricane Matthew victims.
Wayland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She is talking to the NCGA now. Can follow on this thread.

NC basically dumped all their vaccines on the counties and said 'Here you deal with it', with 100 counties doing 100 different things.

Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Additional vaccine news for today:

1. In two weeks, HHS will be changing how doses are allocated to each state. They will begin allocating based on the pace of the administration of the vaccine as reported by the state and by the population in the state for those aged 65+. NC better get their vaccine rates up in the next two weeks or other states will get the doses.

2. From the Operation Warp Speed update today:
- Distributed vaccine doses to over 14k locations
- Average of 700k reported vaccinations per day currently. On track to hit 1m daily vaccination in the next 7-10 days.
- By the end of next week, 95% of long terms care facilities will have gotten 1st dose.

3. Starting next week, states will be allowed to rollout vaccines to 19 pharmacy chains. This should greatly improve access.

4. AstraZeneca vaccine EUA submission could happen the first week of March.

5. If Johnson and Johnson vaccine is approved in mid-February, the government expects there to be double digit (millions) supply by the end of February.

6. Novavax vaccine trial is about a third of the way enrolled, with an efficacy readout could be sometime in April.

pineknollshoresking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Our state sucks so bad at managing anything. This is ridiculous. You have rural states with people far and wide, less resources, less money, less government no doubt and yet better leadership and better results. I won't go political here but some of us are thinking it.
I know we like to blame a lot of things on politicians. I am not so sure this one can be. I think there are more issues down the line from a governor point of view.

For example, 6/10 governors of the states in the top 10 are Republican. 4/10 are Democrats, if I counted correctly. I don't think you can glean much from minor difference.

I think we have a big issue with local health departments being either underfunded or understaffed or not reaching out to local providers/hospitals for help. At least this is what I have seen with our local health department. They have accomplished all of those above.
This is the rub on the state/local vs. federal distribution models.

States and local governments are boots on the ground, but are under-resourced.

Feds have the resources but not boots on the ground in states.

Effectual distribution was always going to take a blended solution and extensive planning and coordination and funding between federal agencies and state/local governments, health departments, and hospitals.

This isn't a state problem OR a feds problem. It's AND, not OR.

This is one of the main issues I have. Look at the tax percentages, from your pay check, that goes to's the Federal Government compared to State Governments. I think its upside down...
I am a Deplorable!!!!
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pineknollshoresking said:

This is one of the main issues I have. Look at the tax percentages, from your pay check, that goes to's the Federal Government compared to State Governments. I think its upside down...

You could easily make that argument.

I don't know about truly upside down but certainly out of proportion.
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wayland said:

She is talking to the NCGA now. Can follow on this thread.

NC basically dumped all their vaccines on the counties and said 'Here you deal with it', with 100 counties doing 100 different things.


So, reading through the updates, Cohen said that NC has administered 257,000 vaccine doses, but the numbers NCDHHS released prior to her testimony only shows 232,537 doses administered. If 257K is accurate, it puts NC at 31.1% of available doses administered. This would definitely be an improvement over what was previously published. Also, Iredell and Robeson Counties have exhausted supply of vaccine doses. While it is bad they need to wait for more, it is a good thing that they got all of their available doses into arms.

By the way, NC decided to use their own Vaccine Reporting Database instead of the federal government's version. According to reports, several county health departments have reported there are issues with the state's reporting system.
King Leary
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.
Wayland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.
There has been a very 'uneven' distribution of vaccines.

Additionally, giving a vaccine to anyone who has recovered from a confirmed case of COVID is also wasting resources. If they want to use vaccines that way later once most at-risk categories have been taken care of... fine. Now... bad policy.
pineknollshoresking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

pineknollshoresking said:

This is one of the main issues I have. Look at the tax percentages, from your pay check, that goes to's the Federal Government compared to State Governments. I think its upside down...

You could easily make that argument.

I don't know about truly upside down but certainly out of proportion.
I say upside down because we really don't need that much money going to the Federal Government if they just follow the constitutional powers that "we" gave them.
I am a Deplorable!!!!
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.
Yeah ***. Anyone who has covid in the last 3 months doesn't need this vaccine. Get in the back of the line. Particularly if you don't have any health risks... but hell even if you do you've already got some natural protection for a while!
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsualum05 said:

King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.
Yeah ***. Anyone who has covid in the last 3 months doesn't need this vaccine. Get in the back of the line. Particularly if you don't have any health risks... but hell even if you do you've already got some natural protection for a while!
I have wanted to get the vaccine, I even wanted to be in the trials but couldn't get buy-in from wife. I have now had COVID and plan to donate blood to confirm antibodies, but I would definitely be fine with waiting until everyone that needs one has gotten one.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsualum05 said:

King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.
Yeah ***. Anyone who has covid in the last 3 months doesn't need this vaccine. Get in the back of the line. Particularly if you don't have any health risks... but hell even if you do you've already got some natural protection for a while!

Do they know how long natural antibodies last vs. vaccine antibodies?

In a healthcare setting I could see them wanting to err on the side of caution with more predictable antibody development. Also they may not have the ability to confirm a healthcare worker's past COVID diagnosis. Finally, even if they can confirm a past COVID diagnosis, how do they handle healthcare workers that had COVID several months ago? 90 days ago? 60 days ago? What if the healthcare worker had a false positive?

The uncertainties regarding their antibody levels, the timing of their infection, etc. likely dictate they just standardize the approach and give them to everyone in a healthcare setting.

I don't see the need to skin vaccinations for healthcare workers too thin given some of theses vagaries. They're vitally important for our continued function.
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

ncsualum05 said:

King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.
Yeah ***. Anyone who has covid in the last 3 months doesn't need this vaccine. Get in the back of the line. Particularly if you don't have any health risks... but hell even if you do you've already got some natural protection for a while!

Do they know how long natural antibodies last vs. vaccine antibodies?

In a healthcare setting I could see them wanting to err on the side of caution with more predictable antibody development. Also they may not have the ability to confirm a healthcare worker's past COVID diagnosis. Finally, even if they can confirm a past COVID diagnosis, how do they handle healthcare workers that had COVID several months ago? 90 days ago? 60 days ago? What if the healthcare worker had a false positive?

The uncertainties regarding their antibody levels, the timing of their infection, etc. likely dictate they just standardize the approach and give them to everyone in a healthcare setting.

I don't see the need to skin vaccinations for healthcare workers too thin given some of theses vagaries. They're vitally important for our continued function.
I found this information on the CDC's website with regards to the need to get a vaccine if you already had Covid-19:

"If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?"


"Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first."

"At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.
We won't know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work."

"Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available."

Reference: Facts about Covid-19 vaccines
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.


Certainly speaks to that person. Science has already been kicked to the curb with rollout.
Wayland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daviewolf83 said:

Civilized said:

ncsualum05 said:

King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.
Yeah ***. Anyone who has covid in the last 3 months doesn't need this vaccine. Get in the back of the line. Particularly if you don't have any health risks... but hell even if you do you've already got some natural protection for a while!

Do they know how long natural antibodies last vs. vaccine antibodies?

In a healthcare setting I could see them wanting to err on the side of caution with more predictable antibody development. Also they may not have the ability to confirm a healthcare worker's past COVID diagnosis. Finally, even if they can confirm a past COVID diagnosis, how do they handle healthcare workers that had COVID several months ago? 90 days ago? 60 days ago? What if the healthcare worker had a false positive?

The uncertainties regarding their antibody levels, the timing of their infection, etc. likely dictate they just standardize the approach and give them to everyone in a healthcare setting.

I don't see the need to skin vaccinations for healthcare workers too thin given some of theses vagaries. They're vitally important for our continued function.
I found this information on the CDC's website with regards to the need to get a vaccine if you already had Covid-19:

"If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?"


"Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first."

"At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.
We won't know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work."

"Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available."

Reference: Facts about Covid-19 vaccines
CDC leaning on propaganda not science.

Again, all about risk factors and maximizing current inventory. Most evidence suggests natural immunity is long lasting and the number of re-infections have been infinitesimal when compared with the number of infected people. Now certainly there are outliers, but if someone had a confirmed (and I will go so far as to say symptomatic) case of COVID, using a vaccine on them in the short term is a waste unless there are additional underlying circumstances.

But to infer that natural immunity is not long lasting is super disingenuous, especially since we know a lot more about natural immunity to COVID than the effectiveness of the vaccines. And most studies have NOT shown natural immunity not to last long. It should certainly last long enough that these people do not need to be at the front.

In the absolute short term, you MAXIMIZE effectiveness. And that is people who are at risk, expose at risk people, and have not actually had COVID. THEN you can circle back.

You can go ahead and vaccinate healthcare/LTC workers (who may have already had it) of course if you want to try and double the efforts there, but beyond that... most people who have had COVID should be at the very end of the line, IF they actually want it.
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed.
pineknollshoresking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm working on my natural immunity
I am a Deplorable!!!!
PackMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pineknollshoresking said:

I'm working on my natural immunity

You catch the Rona??
King Leary
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.


Certainly speaks to that person. Science has already been kicked to the curb with rollout.


I don't blame anyone for taking a vaccine that's freely offered. Better to use it than have it wasted like what's happening in some states
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's the latest update on how some key EU countries are doing, along with the UK, US, Israel, and Canada with their vaccine rollouts. As I have mentioned previously, Israel is doing an outstanding job in getting their citizens vaccinated. I like this chart, since it shows a better view of how efficient each country is in getting vaccine into arms. The US number is good news, since the number of vaccines per 100 people was 1.6 when I posted the chart last week and it is now up to 2.82 doses per 100 people.




The following chart shows the number of vaccinations each of these countries has administered. While the chart above is more about efficiency of vaccine rollout, this one shows the absolute number of vaccines administered for each of these countries.

PackPA2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
King Leary said:

packgrad said:

King Leary said:

Somebody I know got COVID about a month ago and recovered pretty quickly.

They work in healthcare and ended up getting the vaccine last week. Keep in mind that this person is very young and presumably already has antibodies.

That's a waste of a vaccine IMO and indicative of how terrible our vaccine rollout has been. Anybody under 40 years old had no business being offered a vaccine until everyone over 65 has been offered one.


Certainly speaks to that person. Science has already been kicked to the curb with rollout.


I don't blame anyone for taking a vaccine that's freely offered. Better to use it than have it wasted like what's happening in some states
Healthcare workers are exposed so often that even though the percentage of another infection is relatively low in the general population, it will be higher in these groups. That is why we are vaccinating workers even though they may have previously been infected.

Furthermore, we still have seen so many issues with the antibody formation after an acute illness. Some individuals have lasting antibodies. Some disappear after a month's time. We cannot rely on that to fully staff our hospitals and clinics.
IseWolf22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My 90 year old Grandma in Morganton is finally getting her first shot in 10 days. Really excited as she has a new great grandson she hasn't been able to meet yet.
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IseWolf22 said:

My 90 year old Grandma in Morganton is finally getting her first shot in 10 days. Really excited as she has a new great grandson she hasn't been able to meet yet.
My 92 year old grandpa and 91 year old grandma got their shot yesterday. Unfortunately grandpa got really sick is in ER this morning. Don't know the details yet on that. Grandma is fine.

I have another set of grandparents as well who are 90 and 86 respectively. They have not gotten it yet.

Very blessed to still have all of them but it's been a tough year for them.
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsualum05 said:

IseWolf22 said:

My 90 year old Grandma in Morganton is finally getting her first shot in 10 days. Really excited as she has a new great grandson she hasn't been able to meet yet.
My 92 year old grandpa and 91 year old grandma got their shot yesterday. Unfortunately grandpa got really sick is in ER this morning. Don't know the details yet on that. Grandma is fine.

I have another set of grandparents as well who are 90 and 86 respectively. They have not gotten it yet.

Very blessed to still have all of them but it's been a tough year for them.
My god you hit the grandparent jackpot. That's awesome. Grandparents are such a gift.
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

ncsualum05 said:

IseWolf22 said:

My 90 year old Grandma in Morganton is finally getting her first shot in 10 days. Really excited as she has a new great grandson she hasn't been able to meet yet.
My 92 year old grandpa and 91 year old grandma got their shot yesterday. Unfortunately grandpa got really sick is in ER this morning. Don't know the details yet on that. Grandma is fine.

I have another set of grandparents as well who are 90 and 86 respectively. They have not gotten it yet.

Very blessed to still have all of them but it's been a tough year for them.
My god you hit the grandparent jackpot. That's awesome. Grandparents are such a gift.
Thanks. The 92 year old is in trouble right now though. I don't know much but am waiting to hear more. Mass near or on pancreas. Going to get a procedure known as ERCP. Looking it up it looks dangerous so they must not have a choice. I'm worried. I can't imagine a vaccine could cause this in 24 hours but he had literally nothing wrong with him for weeks before taking this vaccine yesterday.
PackPA2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsualum05 said:

Civilized said:

ncsualum05 said:

IseWolf22 said:

My 90 year old Grandma in Morganton is finally getting her first shot in 10 days. Really excited as she has a new great grandson she hasn't been able to meet yet.
My 92 year old grandpa and 91 year old grandma got their shot yesterday. Unfortunately grandpa got really sick is in ER this morning. Don't know the details yet on that. Grandma is fine.

I have another set of grandparents as well who are 90 and 86 respectively. They have not gotten it yet.

Very blessed to still have all of them but it's been a tough year for them.
My god you hit the grandparent jackpot. That's awesome. Grandparents are such a gift.
Thanks. The 92 year old is in trouble right now though. I don't know much but am waiting to hear more. Mass near or on pancreas. Going to get a procedure known as ERCP. Looking it up it looks dangerous so they must not have a choice. I'm worried. I can't imagine a vaccine could cause this in 24 hours but he had literally nothing wrong with him for weeks before taking this vaccine yesterday.
Obviously, I am diagnosing from afar without full knowledge of the situation, but I would say no way the vaccine caused that. Unfortunately, just a coincidence.

I hope all the best for him and for your family. We will be thinking and prayer for him.
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackPA2015 said:

ncsualum05 said:

Civilized said:

ncsualum05 said:

IseWolf22 said:

My 90 year old Grandma in Morganton is finally getting her first shot in 10 days. Really excited as she has a new great grandson she hasn't been able to meet yet.
My 92 year old grandpa and 91 year old grandma got their shot yesterday. Unfortunately grandpa got really sick is in ER this morning. Don't know the details yet on that. Grandma is fine.

I have another set of grandparents as well who are 90 and 86 respectively. They have not gotten it yet.

Very blessed to still have all of them but it's been a tough year for them.
My god you hit the grandparent jackpot. That's awesome. Grandparents are such a gift.
Thanks. The 92 year old is in trouble right now though. I don't know much but am waiting to hear more. Mass near or on pancreas. Going to get a procedure known as ERCP. Looking it up it looks dangerous so they must not have a choice. I'm worried. I can't imagine a vaccine could cause this in 24 hours but he had literally nothing wrong with him for weeks before taking this vaccine yesterday.
Obviously, I am diagnosing from afar without full knowledge of the situation, but I would say no way the vaccine caused that. Unfortunately, just a coincidence.

I hope all the best for him and for your family. We will be thinking and prayer for him.
Thank you. Just got an update that he's in a room and has pancreatitis. They have to get that under control first and then plan to do ERCP Friday to see if they can find out what mass or blockage is in there.
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Donating plasma tomorrow so they can use it for convalescent treatment; they said I can do it every two weeks and it's super helpful to have on hand.
AlleyPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

ncsualum05 said:

IseWolf22 said:

My 90 year old Grandma in Morganton is finally getting her first shot in 10 days. Really excited as she has a new great grandson she hasn't been able to meet yet.
My 92 year old grandpa and 91 year old grandma got their shot yesterday. Unfortunately grandpa got really sick is in ER this morning. Don't know the details yet on that. Grandma is fine.

I have another set of grandparents as well who are 90 and 86 respectively. They have not gotten it yet.

Very blessed to still have all of them but it's been a tough year for them.
My god you hit the grandparent jackpot. That's awesome. Grandparents are such a gift.

I have zero living grandparents.... three died before I was born, and the only one I ever knew died when I was 12 -- which was a pretty long time ago.
<sad face>

But MY kids currently have their grandparents, so I'll agree with the above: they truly are a gift.
Let's keep rolling out this vaccine!
Tobaccoroadsportscafe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

Donating plasma tomorrow so they can use it for convalescent treatment; they said I can do it every two weeks and it's super helpful to have on hand.


Awesome. I tested positive 17 days ago and feel much better now. Any idea how long you have to wait before you can donate blood?

Also, how is your friends mom doing?
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tobaccoroadsportscafe said:



Awesome. I tested positive 17 days ago and feel much better now. Any idea how long you have to wait before you can donate blood?

Also, how is your friends mom doing?


I think they said 14 days after symptoms subside. Glad to hear you're feeling better! I donate through Blood Connection and know that Red Cross is doing plasma too.

Friends mom has been in hospital and moved to ICU for a few days. She's back in normal area now and they think can be discharged by weekend with someone coming daily to check on her and her oxygen treatment.
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's today's vaccine summary:

1. The CDC updated their weekly vaccination tracker yesterday. Based on the update, the US saw an 83% increase in the rate of vaccinations. Below are the current totals for the US and NC, according to the CDC tracker:

US Vaccinations
Total Doses Distributed: 29,380,125
People Receiving First Dose: 10,278,462

NC Vaccinations:
Total Doses Distributed: 852,000
People Receiving First Dose: 266,938 (up from 123,598 last week)

2. With regards to the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, the news is mixed:
- Information on the efficacy has started to trickle out, ahead of the formal release of info in the next couple of weeks (may be next week). The information indicates the one-shot J&J vaccine generates more neutralizing antibodies than a single dose of the other two-shot front-runners. Also, the response of the J&J vaccine is in the same range as the other 2-shot vaccines.
- While it originally appeared J&J could have double-digit (millions) supply available at the end of February (per their contract with the Federal government), it now appears they will miss this commitment. There are reports of manufacturing delays associated with the vaccine that could limit the availability of early doses. J&J believes they will get back on track with their contractual commitments by late March, but some reports I have seen indicate the initial supply at the end of February will be limited to 3-4 million doses. Hopefully, these reports are wrong and J&J is able to get closer to the low single digits (millions).

3. Some early information out of Israel indicates the Pfizer vaccine makes people less likely to infect others within two weeks of their first dose.

4. With regards to state efforts to vaccinate their citizens, it appears Florida had a good day yesterday, vaccinating 59,000 additional people (including 46K seniors). For Florida, they have now vaccinated 8.8% of their senior population.

5. Regarding the reports of mutations in the Covid-19 virus, reports continue to indicate these mutations have little impact on the immune response from the vaccines. In one study out of the UK, it found only 0.3% of patients had antibodies that were unable to attack the spike protein of the new UK mutation.
First Page Last Page
Page 212 of 216
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.