Coronavirus

2,128,372 Views | 20151 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
Mormad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3

For a comparison, I post a piece describing the increased incidence of cardiovascular issues seen within 30d of acute infection, carried out for 12 months. Dysrhythmia, inflammatory heart dz, ischemic heart dz, stroke, CHF,,myocarditis, pericarditis all increased after infection. Vaccines REDUCE your risk for these complications.

If you have a young son, I'd think hard about it. There is risk either way. Personal decision, hopefully with the input of your physician who knows you.

I'll add, I tend to put stock into the actions of my physician friends I trust and what they do with their own loved ones. My interventional cardiologist buddy of 15 yrs vaxxed his 16yo healthy son. I dont expect that to mean much here, but it increased my confidence. He must not be hearing about a lot of bad Vax outcomes here locally.
Werewolf
https://www.thrivetimeshow.com/business-podcasts/dr-andy-wakefield-truth-covid-19-vaccines/

More lies and half-truths!
Werewolf
6 to 13 yr olds now have two choices..........Pfizer and Moderna!

If you won't protect your children, how sorry of an excuse for an adult are you?
Werewolf
Liu Bing!

https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2022/04/world-premiere-watch-the-water/
bigeric
Just checking in to see what the resident headline runner has for us today.
PackFansXL
FDA Advisory Committee Backs Authorization of Novavax Covid Vaccine

Quote:

Novavax's Covid vaccine cleared a hurdle toward authorization in the U.S. on Tuesday, with advisers to the Food and Drug Administration recommending advancing the vaccine.

The FDA must continue to inspect the vaccine's manufacturing process for approval.

The Novavax vaccine is based on a traditional vaccine technology, using modified pieces of coronavirus to activate an immune response. Dr. Peter Marks, head of the FDA's vaccine department, said that might help alleviate fears among Americans who haven't received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, which are based on relatively newer mRNA technology.

The Novavax Covid vaccine has already been authorized in the European Union, Canada, Australia, and other nations.
Oldsouljer
I'm caught in the middle between you two. I generally go with your interpretation of the data but I still don't want the booster they trying to force on me before I can retire. Where I agree with werewolf is that Snopes' opinions aren't worth a dram of rat's urine.
BBW12OG
Here's the left's hypocrisy on full display....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
bigeric
^

Tim Allen @ofctimallen20h

"Took some kids to Disneyland and overheard a 13 year old boy wondering if he may be pansexual since he loves skillets."

Like I said, if you cant get hyped for the Carolina game, why are you here?
-Earl Wolff-
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

I'm caught in the middle between you two. I generally go with your interpretation of the data but I still don't want the booster they trying to force on me before I can retire. Where I agree with werewolf is that Snopes' opinions aren't worth a dram of rat's urine.
This is a very sensitive subject I agree.......particularly for those who have had a couple of these shots. I've got better things to do than to try to convince Stormie and Sieve not take jab #'s 3, 4 and 5. M can load em' up......stick like a pig ...for all I care. It is "their body and their choice".

The middle ground folks are whom I try to reach. Those that haven't allowed the COVID fear to drive them. They aren't getting any alternative info .......they only receive info from the Big Pharma-Globalist controlled media, the Big Pharma controlled medical field, and Big Pharma controlled CDC, FDA etc. These folks deserve to hear the other side of the coin.......which is heavily censored.
Mormad
Oldsouljer said:

But i don't think you should get a booster if you don't want it. That's your decision. I'm not trying to tell people here what they should and shouldn't do. That's not my place. But there is a constant bombardment of information that I personally feel distorts the reality i witness or misinterprets information, and I (despite my best judgment to stay the **** away from here for my own sanity) try to offer my perspective. I dont know sht about snopes or Reuters, but I've learned very quickly they can't be any less responsible, accurate, or biased than rumble/ front line/ etc that's presented here. That's for damn sure.
caryking
Mormad said:

Oldsouljer said:

But i don't think you should get a booster if you don't want it. That's your decision. I'm not trying to tell people here what they should and shouldn't do. That's not my place. But there is a constant bombardment of information that I personally feel distorts the reality i witness or misinterprets information, and I (despite my best judgment to stay the **** away from here for my own sanity) try to offer my perspective. I dont know sht about snopes or Reuters, but I've learned very quickly they can't be any less responsible, accurate, or biased than rumble/ front line/ etc that's presented here. That's for damn sure.
Mormad, I think your response is rational and appreciated, by me. For a layman, I see so many reports, from people with credentials, with completely different takes on the subject. I'm not sure who to believe.

That said, I have a distrust of government, so, I stay out of the rhetoric from both sides. I decided long ago, not to get vaccinated, until I wanted to visit my daughter, in NYC. I got the vaccine purely to visit her. I haven't received any booster and I'm ok with that decision.

Additionally, I don't read this topic, on the board, much anymore because I've really lost interest, in the whole subject. I really do think this topic has become a religion for a lot of people!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Mormad
I think each person has their own reasons to choose to vax or not. And that's OK.

Credentials do not equate to credibility as we've always known. The only thing my "credentials" do for me here is to be able to see this whole thing through different lenses. I try to offer insights based on experiences, not credentials or political biases. I hope I do a good job of that, but I'm sure it creeps in occasionally.

But this is why I say you should listen to your doc if you trust him/her. Too many are trying to use this whole thing for gains, and it's made it hard to know what is real. There shouldn't be 2 "sides" of an infectious disease, but there are. One of the links to TRUTH takes you to the opinions and direction of "Dr. Bryan Ardis." I think he's an out of work chiropractor. Not exactly the credentials for a trusted source of medical decision making for you and your family regarding an infectious dz. But that type of constant nonsense undermines the work done by working physicians who, for the most part, are doing their best to offer sound advice in the best interests of those they are charged with providing care.
TheStorm
Mormad said:

I think each person has their own reasons to choose to vax or not. And that's OK.

Yep. I got the first two of Pfizer. It was my choice. Whether I personally needed them or not at the time is unknown. But at that time, it seemed like the right thing to do (even though I honestly never wanted to get them).

I have been firmly anti-booster (I love the historical performance of my immune system), and I can't see why anyone would get one anymore at this point since they don't even prevent symptomatic infection... yeah, yeah, I know the argument, but it's pretty obvious that it is no longer necessary.

Young people? Never needed it to begin with.

Children? Their parents should be ashamed of themselves.

King Fauci? He of the 4 (or 5) shots now? Covid positive with symptoms. I rest my case...
BBW12OG
TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

Yep. I got the first two of Pfizer. It was my choice. Whether I personally needed them or not at the time is unknown. But at that time, it seemed like the right thing to do (even though I honestly never wanted to get them).

I have been firmly anti-booster (I love the historical performance of my immune system), and I can't see why anyone would get one anymore at this point since they don't even prevent symptomatic infection... yeah, yeah, I know the argument, but it's pretty obvious that it is no longer necessary.

King Fauci? He of the 4 (or 5) shots now? Covid positive with symptoms. I rest my case...
Two shots. Moderna. Had Covid last month. NEVER getting a booster. It sucked. It kicked my ass for a week or so. It sucked.

Self determination and no way in hell should it have ever been mandated to take a shot for a bad case of the flu.

Which by all intents and purposes Donald J. Trump cured the flu. Anyone hear about anyone having the flu in the last two years?
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
PackPA2015
BBW12OG said:

TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

Two shots. Moderna. Had Covid last month. NEVER getting a booster. It sucked. It kicked my ass for a week or so. It sucked.

Self determination and no way in hell should it have ever been mandated to take a shot for a bad case of the flu.

Which by all intents and purposes Donald J. Trump cured the flu. Anyone hear about anyone having the flu in the last two years?
Yes.
Civilized
PackPA2015 said:

BBW12OG said:

TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

Yes.

Yep, family friend just coming off a bout of plain-Jane influenza. Kept him out of work a week, he felt like complete ***** Said it was much worse for him than COVID.

Good to see you PA!
Wayland
BBW12OG
PackPA2015 said:

BBW12OG said:

TheStorm said:

Mormad said:

Yes.
Sorry to hear that. Is there any news coverage of the flu? Is there a "death tracker" on the sidebars of MSM?

What has Sleepy Joe done to remove Covid from the country? Wasn't he handed two vaccines?

If the MSM still played the Covid card today, which it hasn't, like they did in 2020 do you think that the current administration would be in place?

It was and always will have been more political than anything else. How many died in Sleepy Joe's first year with two vaccines? Did you hear anything about that from the MSM??? Nope. Wonder why?
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
Re Flu. This thread will give some good flu status information if you dig in.

BBW12OG
Wow... Trump eliminated the flu......

If the current administration had that graph that is all we would be hearing about.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
PackPA2015
I'm just giving you a hard time, BBW. But, yes, flu is back albeit much fewer cases than in past years at this point.
BBW12OG
PackPA2015 said:

I'm just giving you a hard time, BBW. But, yes, flu is back albeit much fewer cases than in past years at this point.
No worries!! I think we all have hit the max level of Covid frustration.

All good and hope all is well with you!
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
statefan91
Wayland - watching the videos, the Doctor appears to be claiming / linking children getting vaccinated with causing them to get COVID. Is that a stance you agree with? It does sound like the data is suspect from the trials but it's hard to uncouple misleading data from Pfizer vs. this doctor appearing to claim the vaccines cause someone to get COVID.
Wayland
statefan91 said:

Wayland - watching the videos, the Doctor appears to be claiming / linking children getting vaccinated with causing them to get COVID. Is that a stance you agree with? It does sound like the data is suspect from the trials but it's hard to uncouple misleading data from Pfizer vs. this doctor appearing to claim the vaccines cause someone to get COVID.

I am not claiming that. I don't think their is sufficient data to make that claim.

But likewise, there isn't sufficient data that they prevent illness with Omicron (in children in the summer of 2022).

FDA should have just authorized a placebo to put spun up parents at ease. Because that is what these Wuhan/wild-type vaccines are doing at the dose given to children in the summer of 2022.... they are treating mental illness in parents NOT preventing COVID.

That is not how drug authorizations should be done nor the standards that need to be met.
BBW12OG
Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

I am not claiming that. I don't think their is sufficient data to make that claim.

But likewise, there isn't sufficient data that they prevent illness either.

FDA should have just authorized a placebo to put spun up parents at ease. Because that is what these Wuhan/wild-type vaccines are doing at the dose given to children in the summer of 2022.... they are treating mental illness in parents NOT preventing COVID.

That is not how drug authorizations should be done nor the standards that need to be met.
Thank you sir for your informative posts over the last few years. What you just posted should be put on every MSM network for all to see.

Have a great afternoon and again, Thank You.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
BBW12OG said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Thank you sir for your informative posts over the last few years. What you just posted should be put on every MSM network for all to see.

In the end, I really don't care what an individual chooses but an individual's real benefits/risks are massively skewed by their demographics and health characteristics. That is what should drive an individual's decision.

My issue is when policy is being driven by willful ignorance and that is certainly not limited to COVID vaccination policy/requirements.
BBW12OG
Agendas....

Regardless of what anyone at any level says that is what was the driving factor after the virus was identified. I will die on that hill. It has become obvious after the facts have come out.

It was a horrible virus. It was magnified, politicized by one particular party and all of a sudden, they no longer care.

The party that claims to care about "my body, my choice" has shown they only care about that mantra if it benefits them and their party.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
statefan91 said:

The last two times that I contracted the flu were the two years in a row that my late mother talked me into trying the flu shot back in the 90's... I heard of plenty of adults on this very same website that developed covid symptoms the days following the vaccine. I'd think that kind of qualifies as "getting it".
TheStorm
Wayland said:

BBW12OG said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

In the end, I really don't care what an individual chooses but an individual's real benefits/risks are massively skewed by their demographics and health characteristics. That is what should drive an individual's decision.

My issue is when policy is being driven by willful ignorance and that is certainly not limited to COVID vaccination policy/requirements.
Man, I'd love to see one last update on your NC Covid cases chart... nothing but crickets on the news now all of a sudden.
Wayland
TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

BBW12OG said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Man, I'd love to see one last update on your NC Covid cases chart... nothing but crickets on the news now all of a sudden.
I still do the stuff every week for me. Still track things and keep charts.

Just most people don't care anymore. I only do it so I can continue to laugh at how disconnected from reality media and policymakers as they continue to misrepresent data when it benefits them.

Wayland
And just in the comically backlogged data department.. again, not that any of it matters... but NC reported a COVID death from May 2020 this week.

Nothing like finding a paper behind the fax machine after 2 years.
statefan91
TheStorm said:

statefan91 said:

The last two times that I contracted the flu were the two years in a row that my late mother talked me into trying the flu shot back in the 90's... I heard of plenty of adults on this very same website that developed covid symptoms the days following the vaccine. I'd think that kind of qualifies as "getting it".
You think COVID vaccines are giving people COVID?
Daviewolf83
Staff
Wayland said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

BBW12OG said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

I still do the stuff every week for me. Still track things and keep charts.

Just most people don't care anymore. I only do it so I can continue to laugh at how disconnected from reality media and policymakers as they continue to misrepresent data when it benefits them.

I am sure you saw the WRAL Tweet yesterday, trumpeting a "new" study that shows kids infected with Covid have worse cases than adults. What they left out of their little report is he fact that kids are infected at a much lower rate, so the numbers that end up in the hospital with the "bad" cases are much lower than adults. I really did not have the energy or time at that moment to fire back at them, but they are a lost cause. A corrupt news organization, peddling lies and misinformation.
First Page Last Page
Page 493 of 576

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.