Coronavirus

1,980,060 Views | 19754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
packgrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Ahhhhh, surprise. He's still virtue signaling.

Alas, life goes on.
Nahhh, virtue signaling is what the guys standing behind Biden today did. Or Luke Decock, who still has his twitter account with his mask on, lol. Telling you and 20 other guys who've already made up their minds on a private board is more having fun, than anything.

Hahahaha. Bragging about going out to eat with a mask is TOTALLY not virtue signaling. You do you. Lol.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.
Nahhh, virtue signaling is what the guys standing behind Biden today did. Or Luke Decock, who still has his twitter account with his mask on, lol. Telling you and 20 other guys who've already made up their minds on a private board is more having fun, than anything.

Hahahaha. Bragging about going out to eat with a mask is TOTALLY not virtue signaling. You do you. Lol.
I'd call it mocking those like you who think its harmful to their development and cry about it endlessly like someone took away their livelihoods with it. Hey, at least you can still make it thru an NC State game now!
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

I'd call it mocking those like you who think its harmful to their development and cry about it endlessly like someone took away their livelihoods with it. Hey, at least you can still make it thru an NC State game now!

Sure thing, hero. Not virtue signaling at all. I totally say it's harmful to my development and cry about it endlessly. Lol. Using your logic about truth, I guess that makes you a POS.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Sure thing, hero. Not virtue signaling at all. I totally say it's harmful to my development and cry about it endlessly. Lol. Using your logic about truth, I guess that makes you a POS.
Meh....breathe deeply PG, its Friday night, less than 2 weeks til FB season. Sleep well. Life's too short for you to be so angry all the time.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Meh....breathe deeply PG, its Friday night, less than 2 weeks til FB season. Sleep well. Life's too short for you to be so angry all the time.

I'm great packchem. Keep trying to paint a pic with no paint. Sleep well.
TheStorm
packgrad said:

So, Durham has a mask mandate and I went to dinner tonight without a mask. The restaurant had a sign saying masks required , but I didn't wear one. I was still able to breathe, I walked to the table without getting light headed. I doubt I prevented any Covid spread tonight but I operated like I normally would, spent money that I wanted to, and made my own decisions, so it was alright!!

*** it wasn't weird walking to my seat maskless.
That is exactly what I plan to do as well grad. And I doubt anybody even said anything to you either, did they?
bgr3
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

The petty tyrants will try to force masks back on outdoor events here eventually, it's just a matter of time.
packgrad
TheStorm said:

packgrad said:

So, Durham has a mask mandate and I went to dinner tonight without a mask. The restaurant had a sign saying masks required , but I didn't wear one. I was still able to breathe, I walked to the table without getting light headed. I doubt I prevented any Covid spread tonight but I operated like I normally would, spent money that I wanted to, and made my own decisions, so it was alright!!

*** it wasn't weird walking to my seat maskless.
That is exactly what I plan to do as well grad. And I doubt anybody even said anything to you either, did they?

Nope. Not a word.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

I'm great packchem. Keep trying to paint a pic with no paint. Sleep well.

Like the picture off this Josef Stalin task of holding the man down by making him wear a mask?
metcalfmafia
Went to Teets on Glenwood yesterday evening after the workday was over around 6. No employees were wearing masks, no customers wearing them, and there were no signs telling people to wear them. Businesses have taken this into their own hands it seems.

I've taken kind of a mixed approach. If I walk into a place and see everyone around me wearing a mask then sure I'll put one on too, but if I see two or three not wearing them then nope, no mask for me.
Wayland
Mandates continue to empower zero-COVID fanatics who despite almost 2 years worth of data still want to keep schools closed. No school should be closed, COVID or not. And it is sad the people fail to see how much damage has been done to children across the country because a bunch of privileged brainwashed Karens are inconvenienced by carpool.

By over-exaggerating the effects of NPIs instead of allowing for nuance and proper science, it allows for these things to become rituals and talismans (a cult with no actual positive impact to public health). Blindly applying rules instead of trying for targeted effectiveness where impact may be realized.

It allows them also to become weapons of agenda. Blackmailing for policy through mandate.

I understand there are a healthy amount of people in the middle and I hate at times how this makes me sound.

But being an apolitical rational minded individual, I am done with the anti-science 'The Science' and the lack of nuance in policy. And, we are well beyond the point where we need to enact measures because of hypothetical 'maybes'

Public heath continues to foster the 'extremism' on both sides by failing to be straight up truthful and forward. Allow for nuance and imperfection instead of continuing to overpromise and gloss over anything potentially counter narrative.

Just look how out of touch public health is with these again NEW (and still completely useless) mask mandates. They waited until just AFTER the peak in cases to put in the mandates. They believe in them SOOOOOO much, they are going to wait until this wave is as bad as it is going to get AND THEN do something. The complete disconnect of even if you believe these things work that this would be an effective policy implementation is MIND BLOWING.

And if someone really can't see how bat **** crazy people have become over not particularly effective measures, I don't know what I can do for them.

<morning rant off>
TheStorm
Wayland said:

Mandates continue to empower zero-COVID fanatics who despite almost 2 years worth of data still want to keep schools closed. No school should be closed, COVID or not. And it is sad the people fail to see how much damage has been done to children across the country because a bunch of privileged brainwashed Karens are inconvenienced by carpool.

By over-exaggerating the effects of NPIs instead of allowing for nuance and proper science, it allows for these things to become rituals and talismans (a cult with no actual positive impact to public health). Blindly applying rules instead of trying for targeted effectiveness where impact may be realized.

It allows them also to become weapons of agenda. Blackmailing for policy through mandate.

I understand there are a healthy amount of people in the middle and I hate at times how this makes me sound.

But being an apolitical rational minded individual, I am done with the anti-science 'The Science' and the lack of nuance in policy. And, we are well beyond the point where we need to enact measures because of hypothetical 'maybes'

Public heath continues to foster the 'extremism' on both sides by failing to be straight up truthful and forward. Allow for nuance and imperfection instead of continuing to overpromise and gloss over anything potentially counter narrative.

Just look how out of touch public health is with these again NEW (and still completely useless) mask mandates. They waited until just AFTER the peak in cases to put in the mandates. They believe in them SOOOOOO much, they are going to wait until this wave is as bad as it is going to get AND THEN do something. The complete disconnect of even if you believe these things work that this would be an effective policy implementation is MIND BLOWING.

And if someone really can't see how bat **** crazy people have become over not particularly effective measures, I don't know what I can do for them.

<morning rant off>
That's because they did it on purpose so when the numbers start noticeably subsiding that they can credit it to the mandates. It's completely orchestrated. When I posted a couple of days ago that it feels like a complete setup, that's what I was alluding to.
Packchem91
bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

The petty tyrants will try to force masks back on outdoor events here eventually, it's just a matter of time.

Well why didn't they do that all summer then? When baseball, soccer and basketball tournaments were going on all over the country? Why did they ever remove them last spring to begin with?
Maybe because things changed?

Look, the masking just doesn't bother me. Now, to your point, if they start making things close. Shutting stuff down or enforcing policies that make games go away, etcI'd be right there with you screaming about over-extending.
Mormad
Thursday morning when i was in the ED at 830 seeing a brain bleed, there were 45 CLIs in the waiting room with a 20 hr wait time and countless already back being seen. We're still predicting our peak to be end of September. Shutting down electives by 50% in 2 weeks.
bgr3
Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Well why didn't they do that all summer then? When baseball, soccer and basketball tournaments were going on all over the country? Why did they ever remove them last spring to begin with?

Look, the masking just doesn't bother me. Now, to your point, if they start making things close. Shutting stuff down or enforcing policies that make games go away, etcI'd be right there with you screaming about over-extending.
Yeah great, but it won't matter because the precedent has already been set if someone somewhere comes up with a scary-sounding "study." That's why it was important to fight lockdowns and "essential business" designations last year.

Just like all of these policies, they start in the blue-est areas and spread to slightly less blue areas once someone enacts them, regardless of community spread or any pretense of science. It's politics, always has been.

Already happening in California.

Edit: Oh yeah, the federal mask mandate ended in the first place because the Biden administration was having a bad week of news cycles, not due to any objective metric.
Packchem91
bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Yeah great, but it won't matter because the precedent has already been set if someone somewhere comes up with a scary-sounding "study." That's why it was important to fight lockdowns and "essential business" designations last year.

Just like all of these policies, they start in the blue-est areas and spread to slightly less blue areas once someone enacts them, regardless of community spread or any pretense of science. It's politics, always has been.

Edit: Oh yeah, the federal mask mandate ended in the first place because the Biden administration was having a bad week of news cycles, not due to any objective metric.
Requiring masks at outdoor events in LA -- however silly -- is not the same as shutting businesses.
Look, last week, we had people here scared Cooper was going to shut down HS football and make us wear masks to NC State games. That didn't happen.
And I just don' see it as likely....at some point, this current wave will burn itself out, just because there arent enough unvaccinated people to keep spreading. And the next wave will hopefully have even less unvaccinated people to fester in.....
wilmwolf
"By over-exaggerating the effects of NPIs instead of allowing for nuance and proper science, it allows for these things to become rituals and talismans (a cult with no actual positive impact to public health). Blindly applying rules instead of trying for targeted effectiveness where impact may be realized."

Which comes back to the point I keep making, just tell the truth. The general public is stupid, but they aren't dumb. They can see that wearing a mask to your table for thirty seconds and then taking it off to eat for thirty minutes is just theatre. Just say, we don't want to close restaurants because of the effect on the economy, don't go out to eat if you are at risk of being sick, or are unwilling to take the risk that you might get sick. We are well past time to start allowing people to make their own choices with regards to risk management. The theatre, hypocrisy, and uneven application of these measures only further undermines their credibility.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Mormad
Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Requiring masks at outdoor events in LA -- however silly -- is not the same as shutting businesses.
Look, last week, we had people here scared Cooper was going to shut down HS football and make us wear masks to NC State games. That didn't happen.
And I just don' see it as likely....at some point, this current wave will burn itself out, just because there arent enough unvaccinated people to keep spreading. And the next wave will hopefully have even less unvaccinated people to fester in.....

So you're saying the unvaxxed are going to find their immunity one way or the other and finally the greatest political ally of the blues will ironically be less effective and we can stop whining about masks?? Sounds great.
bgr3
Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

I never said it was the same as shutting businesses.

The overton window is being moved in the direction of outdoor mask mandates by places like LA. All it will take is the Omega variant or whatever to have some study somewhere showing that it *might be slightly transmissable* outdoors and you will see the mandates spread to more and more blue areas.

People such as yourself have been successfully conditioned to accept indoor mask mandates, adding outdoor mandates to that will be nothing a few months of super scary propaganda won't fix.

Sure, we might relax things for a little while as this current wave dies out but when the next one hits it'lll be time to turn that ratchet up a bit more. Made all the more easier by the fact that people have tasted a bit of freedom and will accept restrictions if it keeps games and businesses going, as you just illustrated.

Glasswolf
Update of my daughter. Her fever is still up and down but she feels better. Her fiance' now has covid. He's a Police Officer in Louisburg.
Packchem91
Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

So you're saying the unvaxxed are going to find their immunity one way or the other and finally the greatest political ally of the blues will ironically be less effective and we can stop whining about masks?? Sounds great.

Yes. If all the energy spent whining about fighting mask mandates was spent convincing the unvaccinated, this would eventually become a mostly non-event.
What are we atstill 90% hogging the ICUs and interrupting your livelihood are unvaccinated, right?
Mormad
Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Yes. If all the energy spent whining about fighting mask mandates was spent convincing the unvaccinated, this would eventually become a mostly non-event.
What are we atstill 90% hogging the ICUs and interrupting your livelihood are unvaccinated, right?

That remains an accurate statement
Wayland
Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

So why spend any energy at all on ineffective mask mandates which will further alienate some of the populace you are trying to reach instead of spending energy on vaccinations?

Mask mandates are divisive and have not shown to have had a significant impact. But instead we are going to kowtow to a new breed of germaphobes who need a security blanket instead of focusing efforts in areas that might actually make a difference.

You already have those people in your corner...
Wayland
Looks like Prasad is on a similar wave I am this morning.

packgrad
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

So why spend any energy at all on ineffective mask mandates which will further alienate some of the populace you are trying to reach instead of spending energy on vaccinations?

Mask mandates are divisive and have not shown to have had a significant impact. But instead we are going to kowtow to a new breed of germaphobes who need a security blanket instead of focusing efforts in areas that might actually make a difference.

Didn't you hear? It's the energy "whining" about mask mandates instead of convincing unvaccinated people to get vaccinated that's the problem. It would be mostly a non event if people weren't "whining" about mask mandates.

So stupid.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Fair question....look, I think mask mandates are silly, other than in particular environments like an airplane. Enacting them, then allowing maskless in churches is even more silly, considering I'm much more tightly packed at my church than I am at Target or HT or a restaurant. I choose to comply because in my mind, it is a respect thing, and if my wearing a mask somehow prevents one person from being impacted, thats a win to me. (and, it causes me no REAL discomfort)

If you want to complain about why ______ implemented a mask mandate, thats fine. But if people REALLY choose not to improve the likelihood of they and their loved ones remaining healthy by getting a vaxx becaue the government told them too.....well, holy crap, how stupid is that?

The only I realistically think is reasonable there would be for black people who were scarred by Tuskegee. But some of the folks I know who are still holding out have no valid reasoning like that --- they have had nearly perfect upbringings living in relative luxury (compared to any previous standard of living in the US or world), access to pretty much anything they could ever want, and have never been "harmed" by government actions....even if Fox, Rush, and others have told them differently).
Mormad
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Lol that's all of politics and incessant campaigning in a nut shell. Remove "mask mandates"and replace with any political/ social issue.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

Didn't you hear? It's the energy "whining" about mask mandates instead of convincing unvaccinated people to get vaccinated that's the problem. It would be mostly a non event if people weren't "whining" about mask mandates.

So stupid.
Awwww, now for a guy who whines a whole lot about people putting words in his mouth.....don't you have another restaurant that won't challegne you about not wearing your mask to stomp vaccinated and angrily thru?
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

So stupid.
Awwww, now for a guy who whines a whole lot about people putting words in his mouth.....don't you have another restaurant that won't challegne you about not wearing your mask to stomp vaccinated and angrily thru?

No.

Do you think you will get off the message board long enough today to go out in public wearing a mask so that you can run back to the message board bragging about wearing one? But it won't be virtue signaling of course.
Mormad
Mask mandates ARE silly. It would take a parallel universe where nobody ever wore a mask during this exact pandemic or , conversely, everybody wore them like they do their underwear to show that masking reduces infection or severity of infection by reducing exposure/inoculation/viral load. We don't have that, so we have this.

Oh i know, RCTs are lacking and it's a huge failure. Great. Quit your fcking *****ing and your own version of virtue signaling and use your position to design and start a study that's valid. Sometimes tweets and opinions and getting your name out there is all great and everything, but is it making a tangible difference other than giving people something to argue? I love what he says, but at some point put down your phone and go make a change.

Sorry. Feeling a little salty today.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

So stupid.

No.

Do you think you will get off the message board long enough today to go out in public wearing a mask so that you can run back to the message board bragging about wearing one? But it won't be virtue signaling of course.
#irony.
metcalfmafia
Man you're on this message board as much as anyone here LOL. Strange dig.
Oldsouljer
bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

And they'll do it right after I buy no-refund tickets.
wolfman18
Hope they start to feel better soon
ciscopack
Oldsouljer said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Alas, life goes on.

And they'll do it right after I buy no-refund tickets.
Are the 1965 model seats 16" or 18" wide?
First Page Last Page
Page 359 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.