Coronavirus

2,007,720 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
bgr3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldsouljer said:

bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Ahhhhh, surprise. He's still virtue signaling.

Alas, life goes on.
Nahhh, virtue signaling is what the guys standing behind Biden today did. Or Luke Decock, who still has his twitter account with his mask on, lol. Telling you and 20 other guys who've already made up their minds on a private board is more having fun, than anything.

Hahahaha. Bragging about going out to eat with a mask is TOTALLY not virtue signaling. You do you. Lol.
I'd call it mocking those like you who think its harmful to their development and cry about it endlessly like someone took away their livelihoods with it. Hey, at least you can still make it thru an NC State game now!

The petty tyrants will try to force masks back on outdoor events here eventually, it's just a matter of time.
And they'll do it right after I buy no-refund tickets.
They learned their lesson last year when the Big 10 and Pac 12 announced they were cancelling the season and the backlash made them back track.

If and when this happens it'll get announced 48-72 hours before a game to minimize time for backlash since people will have already committed the money and time for tickets/travel etc.
Mormad
Lololololol

I don't which side you're on, that's funny
Daviewolf83
My observations today, having traveled to an area of the state less vaccinated than the Triangle area and one where people are more likely to not get vaccinated and not follow mask mandates:

1. I had a long discussion with someone I have known for over 30 years that has a public business. She has family members who are vaccinated and family members who will NEVER get vaccinated, unless forced to do so by their employer. She and her husband are vaccinated. Half of her children are vaccinated and half are not (all are over 30 years old and have families of their own).

Her son just recovered from Covid (said it was like the flu - he is over-weight, but is a a former college athlete) and he and his entire family (all eligible) are not vaccinated. He is a college graduate and works in sales. Despite having just gone through the infection, he and his family have no intention of getting vaccinated.

She has a brother-in-law that just died of cancer and was diagnosed with Covid one week before passing away. He had already been given weeks to live and she asked me if he would be considered a Covid death, even though he died of the cancer. I told her it depends on what appears on the death certificate (thanks Mormad for this info) and if it is listed as a factor, it might be counted. By the way, he was unvaccinated.

She went on to say that half of her brother-in-laws were vaccinated and half are not. The all went to a restaurant for breakfast a couple of days before ALL four were diagnosed with Covid. She said one of the wives is blaming one of the vaccinated brothers for giving the virus to the others three brothers. I told her it is just as likely they all got the virus from someone in the restaurant. The wife beliefs it is one of the brothers, since they heard on the news that vaccinated people are infecting unvaccinated people. This is one of the many reasons I hate the messaging of the media.

2. On the news last night (WXII in Winston-Salem), the lead anchor actually repeated the same lie I hear repeated almost daily on WRAL. They gave the death count from yesterday and said all "died in the last 24 hours." I found myself yelling at the television again. Why is this important? I told the lady I was talking to today about what the anchor said and her response was exactly this - "What, I thought the death totals they give us everyday on news were from the last day." I took this as an opportunity to correct the bad messaing of the media. I realize it is just one person, but she comes in contact with lots of people daily in her job and if I can correct her understanding, maybe it will make its way to a few others.

3. Went to a sandwich shop on my way to see my dad this afternoon in Forsyth County. Walked in and only one employee and one customer were wearing masks, despite the required note on the door. Unlike past mandates, I suspect you will see a lot more businesses ignoring the mandates. I think a lot of people are tired of the mandates, have done their part to get vaccinated, and are moving on with their lives. This was not isolated to the sandwich shop. Talked to one of my son's roommates, who had just returned from a restaurant to pick up lunch. He said he and his brother (both football players at Wake) were the ONLY TWO people in the entire restaurant (including employees) who were wearing a mask.

4. I am going to a college football scrimmage tonight (parents can attend, since it is the last scrimmage before the season starts). It is outside and I do not expect to wear a mask. My son's campus, despite having a 98% vaccination rate among the students and faculty/staff, must wear masks indoors. Professors however, are allowed to remove their masks to teach the class. Students must wear a mask at all times when indoors, except when they are in their dorm rooms - even if they are fully vaccinated.

My final message for today. Get vaccinated and live your life. Feel confident in the fact the vaccines will protect you against severe illness, hospitalization and death for ALL known variants of Covid-19. If you are eligible for the vaccine and remain unvaccinated and you get sick or you die - IT IS NOT MY FAULT and I will not lose one second of sleep over your illness or death. I know this sounds heartless, but I do not care. We have a way out of the pandemic and a large segment of the population have decided to ignore it. These people do NOT care about the health of their fellow citizens, so please do NOT expect me to care about their health.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

My observations today, having traveled to an area of the state less vaccinated than the Triangle area and one where people are more likely to not get vaccinated and not follow mask mandates:

1. I had a long discussion with someone I have known for over 30 years that has a public business. She has family members who are vaccinated and family members who will NEVER get vaccinated, unless forced to do so by their employer. She and her husband are vaccinated. Half of her children are vaccinated and half are not (all are over 30 years old and have families of their own).

Her son just recovered from Covid (said it was like the flu - he is over-weight, but is a a former college athlete) and he and his entire family (all eligible) are not vaccinated. He is a college graduate and works in sales. Despite having just gone through the infection, he and his family have no intention of getting vaccinated.

She has a brother-in-law that just died of cancer and was diagnosed with Covid one week before passing away. He had already been given weeks to live and she asked me if he would be considered a Covid death, even though he died of the cancer. I told her it depends on what appears on the death certificate (thanks Mormad for this info) and if it is listed as a factor, it might be counted. By the way, he was unvaccinated.

She went on to say that half of her brother-in-laws were vaccinated and half are not. The all went to a restaurant for breakfast a couple of days before ALL four were diagnosed with Covid. She said one of the wives is blaming one of the vaccinated brothers for giving the virus to the others three brothers. I told her it is just as likely they all got the virus from someone in the restaurant. The wife beliefs it is one of the brothers, since they heard on the news that vaccinated people are infecting unvaccinated people. This is one of the many reasons I hate the messaging of the media.

2. On the news last night (WXII in Winston-Salem), the lead anchor actually repeated the same lie I hear repeated almost daily on WRAL. They gave the death count from yesterday and said all "died in the last 24 hours." I found myself yelling at the television again. Why is this important? I told the lady I was talking to today about what the anchor said and her response was exactly this - "What, I thought the death totals they give us everyday on news were from the last day." I took this as an opportunity to correct the bad messaing of the media. I realize it is just one person, but she comes in contact with lots of people daily in her job and if I can correct her understanding, maybe it will make its way to a few others.

3. Went to a sandwich shop on my way to see my dad this afternoon in Forsyth County. Walked in and only one employee and one customer were wearing masks, despite the required note on the door. Unlike past mandates, I suspect you will see a lot more businesses ignoring the mandates. I think a lot of people are tired of the mandates, have done their part to get vaccinated, and are moving on with their lives. This was not isolated to the sandwich shop. Talked to one of my son's roommates, who had just returned from a restaurant to pick up lunch. He said he and his brother (both football players at Wake) were the ONLY TWO people in the entire restaurant (including employees) who were wearing a mask.

4. I am going to a college football scrimmage tonight (parents can attend, since it is the last scrimmage before the season starts). It is outside and I do not expect to wear a mask. My son's campus, despite having a 98% vaccination rate among the students and faculty/staff, must wear masks indoors. Professors however, are allowed to remove their masks to teach the class. Students must wear a mask at all times when indoors, except when they are in their dorm rooms - even if they are fully vaccinated.

My final message for today. Get vaccinated and live your life. Feel confident in the fact the vaccines will protect you against severe illness, hospitalization and death for ALL known variants of Covid-19. If you are eligible for the vaccine and remain unvaccinated and you get sick or you die - IT IS NOT MY FAULT and I will not lose one second of sleep over your illness or death. I know this sounds heartless, but I do not care. We have a way out of the pandemic and a large segment of the population have decided to ignore it. These people do NOT care about the health of their fellow citizens, so please do NOT expect me to care about their health.
Appreciate that feedback from your conversations and the impact misinformation from those who should know better perpetuate. I can understand getting that message wrong once. But to your point, after 18 mos of data feeds, these anchors HAVE to be better. People only half listen, and get a fully wrong outcome.

I'm sure you'e said before....but are all your son's classes in person this year? My son - a SR at SCarolina, has already had one teacher decide to go virtual. We hope the rest will stay in person. But then he was supposed to meet his sponsor on his senior work project Friday afternoon, but his guy was out because he had been exposed to Covid -- am guessing there will be a lot of that over hte next weeks.

PS: Also appreciate that while most of us snipe at each other and everything, you, PA, and Mormad stick to the observations and data and stay out of the fray.
PackFansXL
Sniping is a choice we all have. A little Golden Rule behavior would help around here. Just sayin'.
RunsWithWolves26
Your final message sums up my thoughts exactly.
Mormad
OUCH!!

But great post, bud.

Have fun tonight, I'm jealous
packgrad
This from an epidemiologist. Lol. The world is upside down. Covid is a religion.

GuerrillaPack
Daviewolf83 said:

We have a way out of the pandemic and a large segment of the population have decided to ignore it. These people do NOT care about the health of their fellow citizens, so please do NOT expect me to care about their health.

This is 100% false, and a malicious demonization of those who choose to not be injected.

Those who are not vaxxed are NOT a threat to the vaxxed. Aren't the vaxxed supposedly protected by their mystery concoction injections? And vaxxed people can contract and spread the Wu Flu just as much as unvaxxed. So unvaxxed people are no more of a threat to spread it to others than vaxxed people.

Unvaxxed people care VERY much about not only their own health, but that of others. They wish no harm upon anyone. They just so happen to believe that the injections themselves cause harm.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
White House staff have NOT been mandated to take the vaxx.

Yet China Joe's regime has mandated all military and other federal employees to be injected.

Do you really think uncle Joe and these other top elites have actually taken these shots? I highly doubt it.

https://instagr.am/p/CS0B_wHFRMF
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Daviewolf83
GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

We have a way out of the pandemic and a large segment of the population have decided to ignore it. These people do NOT care about the health of their fellow citizens, so please do NOT expect me to care about their health.

This is 100% false, and a malicious demonization of those who choose to not be injected.

Those who are not vaxxed are NOT a threat to the vaxxed. Aren't the vaxxed supposedly protected by their mystery concoction injections? And vaxxed people can contract and spread the Wu Flu just as much as unvaxxed. So unvaxxed people are no more of a threat to spread it to others than vaxxed people.

Unvaxxed people care VERY much about not only their own health, but that of others. They wish no harm upon anyone. They just so happen to believe that the injections themselves cause harm.
Actions speak louder than words.
Daviewolf83
Mormad said:

OUCH!!

But great post, bud.

Have fun tonight, I'm jealous
The scrimmage was fun. I mentioned to one of the other parents how nice it is to be back at football, even if it was just a scrimmage. We are less than two weeks away from State's opening game and my son's opening game. As were were walking into the stadium, we saw signs reminding us of last year. The signs telling us to social distance and wear a mask. I told my wife that I really hope the signs come down before the first game.
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Appreciate that feedback from your conversations and the impact misinformation from those who should know better perpetuate. I can understand getting that message wrong once. But to your point, after 18 mos of data feeds, these anchors HAVE to be better. People only half listen, and get a fully wrong outcome.

I'm sure you'e said before....but are all your son's classes in person this year? My son - a SR at SCarolina, has already had one teacher decide to go virtual. We hope the rest will stay in person. But then he was supposed to meet his sponsor on his senior work project Friday afternoon, but his guy was out because he had been exposed to Covid -- am guessing there will be a lot of that over hte next weeks.

PS: Also appreciate that while most of us snipe at each other and everything, you, PA, and Mormad stick to the observations and data and stay out of the fray.
With the requirement that all students, faculty, and staff be vaccinated, they plan for in-person classes. My son starts class on Monday and he is really hoping they are in-person. Unlike most of the public universities, they should have a better shot of it, with the fact that most of the campus is fully vaccinated.
BBW12OG
Funny how the MSM only cares about "red states" and the way they are handling Covid. Anyone still think this isn't political?

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
Daviewolf83 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Actions speak louder than words.
You are accusing the unvaxxed of "not caring about the health of others", as if they desire to harm their own health and the health of others. That's preposterous. Of course unvaxxed people care about their own health, and believe that they are better off (health wise) by not taking the vaxx. You have to see things from their perspective. Many unvaxxed people believe that vaccines in general are harmful (with many toxic ingredients, such as mercury and aluminum), and especially this covid "vaccine".

You are operating from the assumption that all vaccines and this covid vaccine are "good" for people's health, with the "science" proving that beyond any question and no one even allowed to question it. And, therefore, that anyone declining to be injected is "trying to harm themselves and others".

This is not necessarily a true assumption. And I believe it is completely false, with real science/data proving that vaccines cause far more harm than good. If you operate from the assumption that vaccines are harmful, then the tables are completely turned -- and in that case, the unvaxxed are the group of people who are correctly informed and knowledgeable, and are actually acting in the best interest of the health of themselves and others....and people who are pushing the vaxx are the ones pushing something that harms people.
Oldsouljer
GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Speaking as a vaccinated person who really didn't want to be vaccinated, I concur with this. Moreover, I see no reason for the COVID-recovered to be vaccinated. Real Americans will echo Patrick Henry in "give me Liberty or give me Death." But anything between the two is unacceptable.
Mormad
Oldsouljer said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Speaking as a vaccinated person who really didn't want to be vaccinated, I concur with this. Moreover, I see no reason for the COVID-recovered to be vaccinated. Real Americans will echo Patrick Henry in "give me Liberty or give me Death." But anything between the two is unacceptable.

Honest questions for you (that you may have already explained and i don't recall... If so, sorry):

If you didn't want to be injected, why'd you do it, especially if nothing in between is acceptable? That's a really hard line to draw and then go get vaxxed.

What if the covid recovered, especially with mild cases, actually have waning immunity faster than the vaxxed? You may not would do it, but do you discourage other recovered individuals from considering a vaccine? What if they had a really difficult time with their case or they have any of the multitude of pre-dispositions for a bad case?

Is there any consideration, given the way we seem to feel about our overbearing government, that vaccination is a way to the liberty we seek?

Penny for your thoughts? (My mom, rest her soul, used to say that)

GuerrillaPack
Mormad said:

Is there any consideration, given the way we seem to feel about our overbearing government, that vaccination is a way to the liberty we seek?

So governments that are already acting tyrannically in various ways (lockdowns of businesses, preventing people from traveling and leaving their homes, mandating vaccines, etc) are suddenly going to stop acting tyrannically in the future if we cave to their demands on vaccinations?

You can't placate tyrants. As people keep giving in and complying with these previous infringements upon our rights, they are only going to keep incrementally infringing upon our rights and freedoms more and more. Give them an inch, they take a mile.

The way we regain our freedom is for people to STOP complying with and tolerating these unconstitutional infringements upon our rights and liberties, and to demand that our rights and freedoms be restored and never violated again. The reason that this has gotten out of control is because people have given in to the idea that our constitutional rights can be violated under a declared "state of emergency" when constitutional rights are suspended. This is a dream for tyrants. Our rights should NEVER be allowed to be suspended under these declared "states of emergencies". This concept of "state of emergencies" must be abolished. A good first step to stop this insanity is that state legislatures and Congress should abolish "state of emergency" powers.
bgr3
GuerrillaPack said:

Mormad said:

So governments that are already acting tyrannically in various ways (lockdowns of businesses, preventing people from traveling and leaving their homes, mandating vaccines, etc) is suddenly going to stop acting tyrannically in the future if we cave to their demands on vaccinations?

You can't placate tyrants. As people keep giving in and complying with these previous infringements upon our rights, they are only going to keep incrementally infringing upon our rights and freedoms more and more. Give them an inch, they take a mile.

The way we regain our freedom is for people to STOP complying with and tolerating these unconstitutional infringements upon our rights and liberties, and to demand that our rights and freedoms be restored and never violated again. The reason that this has gotten out of control is because people have given in to the idea that our constitutional rights can be violated under a declared "state of emergency" when constitutional rights are suspended. This is a dream for tyrants. Our rights should NEVER be allowed to be suspended under these declared "states of emergencies". This concept of "state of emergencies" must be abolished. A good first step to stop this insanity is that state legislatures and Congress should abolish "state of emergency" powers.
C.S. Lewis nailed this:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us 'for our own good' will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

The time to fight lockdowns and all of that was really a year ago, but better late than never.
Wayland
Mormad said:

Oldsouljer said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Honest questions for you (that you may have already explained and i don't recall... If so, sorry):

If you didn't want to be injected, why'd you do it, especially if nothing in between is acceptable? That's a really hard line to draw and then go get vaxxed.

What if the covid recovered, especially with mild cases, actually have waning immunity faster than the vaxxed? You may not would do it, but do you discourage other recovered individuals from considering a vaccine? What if they had a really difficult time with their case or they have any of the multitude of pre-dispositions for a bad case?

Penny for your thoughts? (My mom, rest her soul, used to say that)

What if the vaxxed who still contract COVID "with mild cases" are providing the perfect host for the viral spread without the the necessity for the virus to naturally mutate to lower impact/higher spread on its own and actually causing the additional epidemic to the unvaxxed? At this point, if this is the case, will be shortly moot.

We all can do 'whataboutisms'. And I am not even saying to not get vaxxed, hell I am vaxxed, and that vaccinations lessen both the burden of the disease and chance for infection.

But nothing of policy ever addresses what the possible unintended consequences of the actions are.

I haven't seen any literature lately that it is waning immunity from actually having recovered from COVID that is the problem, but I am seeing a lot of talk about boosters to previously vaxxed.

We are rolling down the tracks of a whole lot of unknowns without considering consequences of actions. Every policy is about the RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW... with no consideration to possible negative outcomes in the future.
ciscopack
Oldsouljer said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

All first graders should say the same. Anyone with a baby or kid under 8....don't ever give them any more shots. It's government control....they're putting chips in your kids to control and keep up with them. lmao
GuerrillaPack
ciscopack said:

Oldsouljer said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

All first graders should say the same. Anyone with a baby or kid under 8....don't ever give them any more shots. It's government control....they're putting chips in your kids to control and keep up with them. lmao
Vaccines have been linked to causing the skyrocketing incidence of autism in children, as well as other neurological disorders. The mercury-based compounds in the vaccines are neurotoxins, and are believed to be the cause. Autism is now diagnosed in 1 in 54 children (per CDC), or 1.85% of children. In the year 2000, it was only 6.7 children per 1000 (0.67%). This is a nearly three-fold increase in the rate of autism in just the last couple decades. In the 1970s, the rate of autism was only 2 to 4 cases per 10,000 children.

The HUGE increase in autism over the past few decades coincides with a similar increase in the number of vaccines that children are recommended to take. They now take around 16 different vaccines (with multiple does for most of those, totaling over 50 shots).

Many parents with autistic children have noticed the exact time period that a sudden change happens to their child...around 8-12 months old when the child is due to take a large number of vaccines in one visit to the doctor. The child will be healthy and normal, and then after they take 5, 6, or 7+ shots in one visit, that very day or the the day following that the child is observed to have a huge change -- being withdrawn and non-verbal, and exhibiting other signs of brain or neurological damage.

Communities such as the Amish, which do not take ANY vaccines, reportedly have virtually zero incidence of autism in their children, and are more healthy than children who are vaccinated.
Daviewolf83
"Membership has its privilege's."

Daviewolf83
As I have being saying since The Elf and the CDC came out with their ridiculous mask mandate recommendation for vaccinated people, here is more information that vaccinated people are LESS infectious than unvaccinated people. This is why knowing the CT count for PCR tests is important.

To be clear, it is the UNVACCINATED people propelling the current wave of virus and cases, it is the UNVACCINATED who are filling up our hospitals and consuming precious hospital resources, and it is the UNVACCINATED people who make up the vast majority of people dying of Covid-19.

WarrenPeace
Daviewolf83 said:

As I have being saying since The Elf and the CDC came out with their ridiculous mask mandate recommendation for vaccinated people, here is more information that vaccinated people are LESS infectious than unvaccinated people. This is why knowing the CT count for PCR tests is important.

To be clear, it is the UNVACCINATED people propelling the current wave of virus and cases, it is the UNVACCINATED who are filling up our hospitals and consuming precious hospital resources, and it is the UNVACCINATED people who make up the vast majority of people dying of Covid-19.

And guess what? It's should still be their choice to get the vaccine or not.
BBW12OG
Again you lefties are something else. Here's an unmasked Ice Cream Queen fundraising event. Only people wearing masks are the wait staff.

At least you hypocrites are being exposed for what you are.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
packgrad
Daviewolf83 said:

"Membership has its privilege's."

Is the spelling error intentional/something from the articles? Are we celebrating vaccine passports here?
Oldsouljer
Mormad said:

Oldsouljer said:

GuerrillaPack said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Penny for your thoughts? (My mom, rest her soul, used to say that
Short answer. Government mandate for contractors to government is right around the corner.
packgrad

packgrad
In Orlando, people watering their lawns is linked to an increase in Covid cases. It is a religion.

caryking
I'll say it again... this is scientism!

I'm not debating whether one should get the vaccine or not. That's your choice. What I'm saying is: real science is not driving the narrative!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

I'm not debating whether one should get the vaccine or not. That's your choice. What I'm saying is: real science is not driving the narrative!
Scientism it is. Which is to say that policy is driving science, rather than the opposition. As an aside, I went into a CVS the other day and say that their "unvaccinated,mask, vaccinated, no mask" sign had been replaced with a sign saying CDC now recommends the vaccinated wear masks. You have to wonder if these policy makers hear themselves speaking.
BBW12OG
caryking said:

Never was..... notice how CNN, one of the lefties MSM overlords, hosted a "Welcome Back" concert on Saturday. Look at the pictures from the concert before it was cancelled. Not a mask to be seen.

But yet in South Dakota at the Sturgis Bike Rally they lambasted the attendees and called it a super spreader event.

You lefties are the biggest joke of a party in the entire world. You think you are so much smarter than everyone else. Your smugness and condescension has increased 10 fold over the last 8 months. Enjoy your little power kick. It will be over soon.

And when it is I hope the GOP rains fire on you and your party's plan to destroy America.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
caryking said:

First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.