Coronavirus

2,018,828 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Werewolf
Wayland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

I saw we were at ~7k cases listed today, any idea if this is a dump of backlog as well or if it's sign of an increase?
My gut says institutional testing or focused outbreaks.

Wake is a big contributor. This weekend Wake had fewer cases than last weekend, but then BAM massive cases out of Wake on Monday/Tuesday collection.

Last Monday was the reported case backlog... so let's ignore it and take just the Tue->Thursday reporting this week.

We have a net increase in cases of just under 1300 for this Tue->Thurs compared to last Tue->Thurs.

Wake is the biggest culprit... and like I said actually had FEWER weekend cases.

Change in reported cases by DHHS (8/17-8/19) - (8/10-8/12)

Wake 388 (<- with basically all coming from Monday/Tuesday specimen collections)

Counties with ~100 case increase

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Now, 27 counties actually reported DECREASES led by Meck with -125. Most of the counties did not have a significant change.

This is the EXACT time last year that we saw the increase in cases from the back to school/university testing. This year it just happens to coincide with our case peak, so it is masking or extending the plateau.

I still think the wave is in decline, but focused testing efforts are picking up cases. Pray that will be seen in the hospitalizations soon.

Civilized
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Maybe they are getting the protected better protected because the unvaccinated don't have any intention of getting protected?

That sounds like more "science".
https://www.wsj.com/articles/pfizers-covid-19-booster-shot-improves-immunity-israeli-study-suggests-11629308427

I don't know why you are putting science in quotes. It has been found in other studies that a booster shot helps increase protection from the way they are measuring it. Do you think Israel is not following their science?

I think saying someone that is 99+% protected from a negative outcome with a vaccine being "better protected" with a booster shot is stupid. But I'm sure some will line up to get it talking about that they do it for humanity and protecting children. While other countries can't even vaccinate their people.

So you believe Israeli studies now? How does everyone feel about Alex Berenson now if we believe booster shots are needed after 8 months?

I'm not sure "we" widely believe that, at least not the same way "we" believe initial vaccine efficacy.

Seems like, other than for immunocompromised people or people with other very specific health circumstances, there's a lot of questioning about whether or not they are needed.

Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

I saw we were at ~7k cases listed today, any idea if this is a dump of backlog as well or if it's sign of an increase?

Wake is a big contributor. This weekend Wake had fewer cases than last weekend, but then BAM massive cases out of Wake on Monday/Tuesday collection.

Last Monday was the reported case backlog... so let's ignore it and take just the Tue->Thursday reporting this week.

We have a net increase in cases of just under 1300 for this Tue->Thurs compared to last Tue->Thurs.

Wake is the biggest culprit... and like I said actually had FEWER weekend cases.

Wake 388 (<- with basically all coming from Monday/Tuesday specimen collections)

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Now, 27 counties actually reported DECREASES led by Meck with -125. Most of the counties did not have a significant change.

This is the EXACT time last year that we saw the increase in cases from the back to school/university testing. This year it just happens to coincide with our case peak, so it is masking or extending the plateau.

I still think the wave is in decline, but focused testing efforts are picking up cases. Pray that will be seen in the hospitalizations soon.

Here's my question and it is something NCDHHS is not reporting (unlike neighboring VA) - How many of the positive tests were fully vaccinated and how many were partially or not vaccinated? If they are fully vaccinated cases, I am not really concerned from a potential hospitalization impact. The not vaccinated and partially vaccinated cases would be more interesting to know.

Since I continue to see a declining percentage for the percent of active cases that are hospitalized, it could mean:

A) We are seeing a higher number of positive cases from the fully vaccinated and these fully vaccinated people are less likely to be hospitalized
B) We are seeing a decline in the overall severity of the disease. While it may be more infectious, it might not be more severe.

Knowing the number of cases among the fully and partially vaccinated would help address my two points.
TheStorm
Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Do they break down the new cases by race or ethnicity by chance anywhere?
Daviewolf83
TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Yes they do, both at the NC level and by each county. Here's a link to the Case Demographics page.

NCDHHS Covid-19 Case Demographics
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Here's my question and it is something NCDHHS is not reporting (unlike neighboring VA) - How many of the positive tests were fully vaccinated and how many were partially or not vaccinated? If they are fully vaccinated cases, I am not really concerned from a potential hospitalization impact. The not vaccinated and partially vaccinated cases would be more interesting to know.

Since I continue to see a declining percentage for the percent of active cases that are hospitalized, it could mean:

A) We are seeing a higher number of positive cases from the fully vaccinated and these fully vaccinated people are less likely to be hospitalized
B) We are seeing a decline in the overall severity of the disease. While it may be more infectious, it might not be more severe.

Knowing the number of cases among the fully and partially vaccinated would help address my two points.
I don't know....that just seems like data management incompetence to not collect and report that attribute, which is really important.
TheStorm
Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Yes they do, both at the NC level and by each county. Here's a link to the Case Demographics page.

Now compared to the state's 2021 population demographics:

North Carolina Demographics

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of North Carolina was:
  • White: 68.68%
  • Black or African American: 21.44%
  • Other race: 3.09%
  • Asian: 2.85%
  • Two or more races: 2.66%
  • Native American: 1.21%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.07%

Nothing earth shattering except that the race that gets most of the blame directed at them, somehow has the second best statistics (only to Asian Americans) as compared to the same percentages in the link that Davie provided...
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Nothing earth shattering except that the race that gets most of the blame directed at them, somehow has the second best statistics (only to Asian Americans) as compared to the same percentages in the link that Davie provided...

yeah thanks for pulling that....i had started to look at that and got distracted. I think if you did it by ethnicity, it would be even more telling. I think Hispanic/Latino cases far outweigh their % of the population.

This is not an incrimination of them, but I suspect it rings true in many southern states that have had huge populations settle here over the last couple decades. Tend to be poorer, likely not as vaccinated, and live in the multi-generational, large capacity homes that result in quick spread when it does hit them.

but.....i don't think that is the common theme of what the media necessarily tells us
Wayland
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

yeah thanks for pulling that....i had started to look at that and got distracted. I think if you did it by ethnicity, it would be even more telling. I think Hispanic/Latino cases far outweigh their % of the population.

This is not an incrimination of them, but I suspect it rings true in many southern states that have had huge populations settle here over the last couple decades. Tend to be poorer, likely not as vaccinated, and live in the multi-generational, large capacity homes that result in quick spread when it does hit them.

but.....i don't think that is the common theme of what the media necessarily tells us
I think those numbers are blending Hispanic in. I believe the state's Hispanic population accounts for around 10% of the total state population.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

I think those numbers are blending Hispanic in. I believe the state's Hispanic population accounts for around 10% of the total state population.
Right, like 9.8% Hispanic....but 19% of the cases are Hispanic?
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

I have to admit that I'm not an expert on how they handle Hispanic "ethnicity" in regard to "race", but I my "best guess" (and that's all it is here) would be that is would fall into "other race", a portion of "Black" (but not African-American) and a portion of "White"?

And before anybody here gets all up in angst over the question, I'm admitting in advance that I don't know how that works, but I'm curious to learn from others how that works so that I can better understand those numbers.
packgrad
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

I have to admit that I'm not an expert on how they handle Hispanic "ethnicity" in regard to "race", but I my "best guess" (and that's all it is here) would be that is would fall into "other race", a portion of "Black" (but not African-American) and a portion of "White"?

And before anybody here gets all up in angst over the question, I'm admitting in advance that I don't know how that works, but I'm curious to learn from others how that works so that I can better understand those numbers.

They fall into white and black.
TheStorm
packgrad said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

They fall into white and black.
What about Native American, or is that contained to only the continental US?
packgrad
Now that I think about it, that's how it used to be categorized. Who knows how it is done today? I imagine woke Hispanics would not tolerate being labeled a white Hispanic.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Haaa.... I have a Hispanic daughter and I'm not sure I fully know how the race/ethnic lines fall when they do these reports.

I think that race is either black or white (or Asian or American Indian), but then ethnicity is either Hispanic or Non. I saw some chart that showed "White - non Hispanic" and "Black - non Hispanic" and the "Hispanic", so I assume folks of Hispanic descent may consider themselves either Black or White?

Oldsouljer
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Haaa.... I have a Hispanic daughter and I'm not sure I fully know how the race/ethnic lines fall when they do these reports.

I think that race is either black or white (or Asian or American Indian), but then ethnicity is either Hispanic or Non. I saw some chart that showed "White - non Hispanic" and "Black - non Hispanic" and the "Hispanic", so I assume folks of Hispanic descent may consider themselves either Black or White?

I assume your daughter is a US citizen as are many of Hispanic descent. I have to wonder how many of these cases are among those whom aren't citizens. Especially as Biden isn't saying where they're transporting all these border crossers.
ciscopack
Red, yellow, brown, black and white and a mixture of any or many... they are all colors anyway. I've NEVER seen a white, a black, a red or a yellow person....a few close but not exactly matching. Mixtures will be more common place and there are many people that don't know they are already mixed! DNA tells the story!

2 buddies have Covid; the one that is vaccinated has a sore throat and the non-vaccinated one is in bed struggling.

I hate that folks ain't smart enough to get rid of this crap as quickly as possible. 50 some percent vaccinated in 2021 is laughable. Development of the first vaccine was 1796 and they rid the world of many diseases or got them under control.

7AM today....masks mandatory in Zebulon. AGAIN
Packchem91
Oldsouljer said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Daviewolf83 said:

TheStorm said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

I assume your daughter is a US citizen as are many of Hispanic descent. I have to wonder how many of these cases are among those whom aren't citizens. Especially as Biden isn't saying where they're transporting all these border crossers.
She is adopted from Guatemala when she was 13 mos old (17 years ago). She became a citizen thru that process....all was well til we tried to get a Drivers Permit couple years ago during the height of all the border issues. The process had become exceedingly difficult because of the political situation, even for a person who had been thru all the right channels from teh beginning. Very frustrating!!

To your point though, I think your question is a great one, and a bit of a smoking gun for the Biden admin. I think the impact has to be fairly significant, and can't help but think it contributes somewhat in the recent surges in the southeast, where many of these folks end up in farms, factories, etc. And, we can safely assume none of them are vaccinated when they arrive.
GuerrillaPack
ciscopack said:

Red, yellow, brown, black and white and a mixture of any or many... they are all colors anyway. I've NEVER seen a white, a black, a red or a yellow person....a few close but not exactly matching. Mixtures will be more common place and there are many people that don't know they are already mixed! DNA tells the story!

2 buddies have Covid; the one that is vaccinated has a sore throat and the non-vaccinated one is in bed struggling.

I hate that folks ain't smart enough to get rid of this crap as quickly as possible. 50 some percent vaccinated in 2021 is laughable. Development of the first vaccine was 1796 and they rid the world of many diseases or got them under control.

Their body, their choice. Not yours, to force others to be vaxxed. And you have the mystery concoction injected into your veins, so you're supposedly "protected". The unvaxxed aren't harming you. And it's not the unvaxxed making you wear a mask. That's tyrannical Leftist governments doing that. So blame them, not the unvaxxed. The unvaxxed want this madness to end and all restrictions lifted. And you don't even have to wear a mask anyway. They aren't real mandates. Hardly anyone is enforcing them, and you can easily get out of it by claiming a health exemption.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
caryking
ciscopack said:

Hopefully, this person is receiving all the "non-approved" drugs that have been working all over the world!!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wayland
Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Looks like Meck County's weekly update was backing up a little what I saw in the DHHS data and the cases decreasing this week.

Wayland
Wayland said:

Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

Alamance 88
Buncombe 102
Forsyth 99
Guilford 105
Onslow 108
Robeson 105
Rowan 136

Looks like Meck County's weekly update was backing up a little what I saw in the DHHS data and the cases decreasing this week.

More evidence that it was some kind of mass testing/institution/outbreak driving some of those early week cases in Wake.

Wake had a increase of almost 600 cases Tues-Fri reporting this week over last week and then in today's NC DHHS Testing, you can really high testing volume in Wake. The net increase in week over week reporting for ALL of NC's counties was 1262 for that time period.

This Friday's reporting statewide basically flat compared to last week.

ED numbers don't get updated until later in the day by the CDC, so this is just updated with today's cases.

BBW12OG
This says it all about the "science..." And.. if they think Covid is what they should be worried about in that pos fountain I have a few stories I could share about trips made to that hell hole in the wee hours of mornings with pledges.....

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Wayland
NC CLI has some new graphs.

TheStorm
Wayland said:

NC CLI has some new graphs.

Fear Porn v2... v3 is waiting in the wings unless people finally start pushing back on this **** .
PackFansXL
Manhattan Federal Judge Makes Bail Conditional on COVID Vaccine

Quote:

Quote:

The 1984 Bail Reform Act added a new ground for denying bail, danger to the community. Pretrial release could be denied if the court found that there was no combination of conditions that could assure the safety of any person or the community at large if the person were released. This was controversial because it theoretically undermines the presumption of innocence: If a person is detained because the allegations against him show a propensity to commit (particularly) violent crimes and/or to intimidate witnesses or jurors, it implies that the court has concluded that the allegations are true, even though they have not yet been proved beyond a reasonable doubt at trial.

Quote:

Judge Jed Rakoff, however, concludes that "danger to the community" includes lawful behavior specifically, refusing to be vaccinated against COVID-19 that is utterly unrelated to the crime being prosecuted (or, indeed, to any criminal behavior in which the accused may ever have engaged).
Some Judges just can't help themselves. They want to be Congressmen and make laws instead of apply laws as their branch is supposed to.
Packchem91
So Charlotte / Meck County implemented its mask policy today at 5. Wife, daughter and I went to a Hickory Tavern, an REI, and a Barnes/Noble in south Charlotte, and all had signs up reminding us to put on masks.
We did. And amazingly, we were able to still breath, we could walk around and try things on without getting light headed (O2 deprivation is terrible, I had been lead to believe), and could talk to clerks OK.
Meh, I doubt we prevented any Covid spread tonight, but I was able to operate like I normally would, coudl spend $$ if I wanted, and make my own decisions, so it was alright.

**It was weird walking maybe 20 feet with masks on before taking them off at the restaurant.
Mormad
What??? You didn't know that covid viral particles measuring 50-140 nm in size fly right thru that flimsy dirty mask, but O2 and CO2 measuring about 0.3 nm just can't get thru leading to hypoxia and hypercarbia???
wilmwolf
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packgrad
Congratulations, hero!
packgrad
So, Durham has a mask mandate and I went to dinner tonight without a mask. The restaurant had a sign saying masks required , but I didn't wear one. I was still able to breathe, I walked to the table without getting light headed. I doubt I prevented any Covid spread tonight but I operated like I normally would, spent money that I wanted to, and made my own decisions, so it was alright!!

*** it wasn't weird walking to my seat maskless.
packgrad
Science
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Congratulations, hero!
Ahhhh, surprise, he still mad.

Alas, life goes on.
packgrad
Ahhhhh, surprise. He's still virtue signaling.

Alas, life goes on.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Ahhhhh, surprise. He's still virtue signaling.

Alas, life goes on.
Nahhh, virtue signaling is what the guys standing behind Biden today did. Or Luke Decock, who still has his twitter account with his mask on, lol. Telling you and 20 other guys who've already made up their minds on a private board is more having fun, than anything.

First Page Last Page
Page 358 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.