Coronavirus

2,012,060 Views | 19855 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Werewolf
Packchem91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

All I'm saying is that I haven't had to wear a mask at my primary in over a year now. Going again August 24, so I'll give you an update afterwards.
Based on what Wayland said....sounds like you shouldn't have to now, especially if the guy was already reasonable about it
bgr3
Daviewolf83 said:

I learned about what was happening last week, during a call with a co-worker that lives in China (I speak almost daily with Chinese co-workers). I was told the conditions were growing worse in multiple cities and it now seems word is making its way out of China to the media. The person I spoke with said cases in Beijing are really taking off and they are concerned lock-downs are coming again very soon. It seems the vaccine China developed is not very good against the delta variant.

I'm sure our Intellectual Betters will be by to tell us why we need to emulate that here lol
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

GuerrillaPack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

A fully vaccinated crew and guests on Carnival Cruise Lines has had an outbreak of Covid19. Kind of defeats the narrative that the unvaccinated are causing all the problems.

They are definitely doctoring the "data" in the US to falsely claim that "99%" of hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated. All over the world (UK, Israel, Iceland, etc) their data is showing a huge percentage of hospitalizations are people who've taken the injections - eg, 56% of deaths in UK from delta variant are vaccinated people, ~90% of hospitalizations and ~95% of serious cases in Israel are vaccinated.

Via:
https://www.infowars.com/posts/israel-australia-report-95-99-hospitalized-fully-vaccinated/
I'd buy that for a dollar.
That's the Israeli video I saw (mentioned this a couple of pages back). I saw more of the video that shown here. For Civ, if this is true (no reason not to believe at this point), then your math, above can be thrown out the window, at least in Israel...

Remember, Israel is roughly 90% vaccinated...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Another article that has some good information....

https://populist.press/major-warning-vax-data-alerts-to-massive-problem/

On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Wayland
Today's CDC update for NC ED COVID visits is out and while there is definitely some back fill, don't really see a change to recent trend. Hopefully continues or bends down soon. (Data in CDC chart goes through 8/5)

The admission data today (which goes through 8/6) still shows too much signs of incomplete data on recent day.
Wayland
Also remember when I said covidestim did a bad job in detecting trend change? They do have a feature where you can see their previous days model 'guesses'. Notice how a week ago they still had Wake going straight up with a much higher Rt.

Good site to pick up overall trend data, but their predictions on trend shifts are slow (as I pointed out). I still think Wake is further along than this even.

Interestingly, they have Meck further along.

And plenty of ground of uncertainty for NC.

Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Today's CDC update for NC ED COVID visits is out and while there is definitely some back fill, don't really see a change to recent trend. Hopefully continues or bends down soon. (Data in CDC chart goes through 8/5)

The admission data today (which goes through 8/6) still shows too much signs of incomplete data on recent day.
Unfortunately, the data we have for daily admissions is missing the last six days of data. From the data I posted yesterday evening, it is not showing a peak yet, but I think you can see the faint signs of a slowing in the rate of increase. I still think we are two weeks out on the peak and I think overall hospitalizations will peak in the 2,000-2,200 range. This is definitely a fast burner compared to the Winter Wave and as such, I am hopeful it will burn itself out just as quickly. At some point, the virus runs out of places to go.
Wayland
Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

Unfortunately, the data we have for daily admissions is missing the last six days of data. From the data I posted yesterday evening, it is not showing a peak yet, but I think you can see the faint signs of a slowing in the rate of increase. I still think we are two weeks out on the peak and I think overall hospitalizations will peak in the 2,000-2,200 range. This is definitely a fast burner compared to the Winter Wave and as such, I am hopeful it will burn itself out just as quickly. At some point, the virus runs out of places to go.
We'll have to agree to split the difference. I still think this week is not out of the picture (for infections/cases) but then again... are we talking ACTUAL infections, specimens collected, or specimens reported?

Actual peak in hospitalization census I certainly think will lag some because there is an obvious lag between infection -> hospitalization AND discharges take time to occur. From earlier pandemic estimations, ~5 days for not severe admits. Longer for critical.

I don't love the 8/3-8/5 data for admissions from either NC DHHS or the CDC Data Tracker. But the data coming from CDC ED COVID and the HHS Data Hub (with county admission numbers) is slightly conflicting and showing signs of slowdown.
packgrad
Durham reinstating mask mandate. This is why people should quit bending the knee. It will never end.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/face-masks-required-for-everyone-under-new-durham-state-of-emergency/19816430/
packgrad
Daviewolf83
I was curious, so I went to Israel's Ministry of Health's website today to get the latest Covid-19 statistics. What I found is the following data for those aged 12 and older.

Population eligible to be Vaccinated ~ 7,116,640 (only vaccinating those 12 and older)
Total Partially Vaccinated = 5,807,758
Total Fully Vaccinated = 5,394,642
Unvaccinated ~ 1,308,882 (takes into consideration those under 12 can not be vaccinated)

Total Active Cases = 22,103
Active Cases - Unvaccinated = 5,611
Active Cases - Fully Vaccinated = 15,988
Active Case - Partially Vaccinated = 504

% of Unvaccinated with an active case ~ 0.429%
% of Fully Vaccinated with an active case = 0.296%
% of Partially Vaccinated with an active case = 0.009%

Total Severe Cases = 362
Severe Cases - Unvaccinated = 126
Severe Cases - Fully Vaccinated = 229
Severe Cases - Partially Vaccinated = 7

% of Unvaccinated with a Severe Case ~ 0.0096%
% of Fully Vaccinated with a Severe Case= 0.0042%
% of Partially Vaccinated with Severe Case = 0.0001%

My conclusion from looking at the current Covid infection numbers from Israel? The vaccines are working to limit the number of people with a Covid case and are working to limit severe cases of Covid. In fact, you are twice as likely to have a severe case of Covid if you are unvaccinated, compared to being fully vaccinated.
dogplasma
According to those numbers, your best bet is to be partially vaccinated! I think something's not right or I'm not understanding because the sum of total and partially vaccinated people exceeds the eligible population.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Daviewolf83 said:

Wayland said:

We'll have to agree to split the difference. I still think this week is not out of the picture (for infections/cases) but then again... are we talking ACTUAL infections, specimens collected, or specimens reported?

Actual peak in hospitalization census I certainly think will lag some because there is an obvious lag between infection -> hospitalization AND discharges take time to occur. From earlier pandemic estimations, ~5 days for not severe admits. Longer for critical.

I don't love the 8/3-8/5 data for admissions from either NC DHHS or the CDC Data Tracker. But the data coming from CDC ED COVID and the HHS Data Hub (with county admission numbers) is slightly conflicting and showing signs of slowdown.
I am looking specifically at hospitalizations. Cases are too noisy due to testing issues (CT>30) and the variance in the actual number of tests administered daily. Hospitalizations are a much better metric and they also reflect more of a real impact to the healthcare system.
GuerrillaPack
Medical study proves that the mRNA covid vaccines cause antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) and cause those who are vaccinated to be more susceptible to severe disease than those who are not vaccinated.

But nothing to see here...since your overlords on SeeBS, CNN, and the rest of the communist Lamestream media aren't going to tell you this. Go back to your regularly scheduled programming...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/

Quote:

Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID19 vaccines worsening clinical disease

[...]

Results of the study

COVID19 vaccines designed to elicit neutralising antibodies may sensitise vaccine recipients to more severe disease than if they were not vaccinated. Vaccines for SARS, MERS and RSV have never been approved, and the data generated in the development and testing of these vaccines suggest a serious mechanistic concern: that vaccines designed empirically using the traditional approach (consisting of the unmodified or minimally modified coronavirus viral spike to elicit neutralising antibodies), be they composed of protein, viral vector, DNA or RNA and irrespective of delivery method, may worsen COVID19 disease via antibodydependent enhancement (ADE). This risk is sufficiently obscured in clinical trial protocols and consent forms for ongoing COVID19 vaccine trials that adequate patient comprehension of this risk is unlikely to occur, obviating truly informed consent by subjects in these trials.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wayland
packgrad said:

This is the same hypocrisy that drives me nuts.

No problem with the party.... but then we are all going to pretend that there is a widespread risk to kids at schools and that we need to isolate them.

EVERYONE at that party VACCINATED OR NOT is at greater risk of severe outcome of COVID than an unvaccinated child at school or otherwise. By all means, assess your risk and live your life.... but this bubble wrapping children from COVID is crazy.

Daviewolf83
dogplasma said:

According to those numbers, your best bet is to be partially vaccinated! I think something's not right or I'm not understanding because the sum of total and partially vaccinated people exceeds the eligible population.
With only a 10% difference between the partially and fully vaccinated number, you could consider combining the cases and calling them all vaccinated. I do not consider the partially vaccinated number to be statistically relevant, but included it for completeness, since Israel's data includes the breakdown. I also did not go into the by age group data, but I have it as well. What I presented was just a summary of all age groups from 12 years old and up.
Wayland
Look forward to reading the rest of this when it hits archive.is

https://archive.is/Les5Z
packgrad
Haha. I just read the same story to the paywall and stopped.
Wayland
packgrad said:

Haha. I just read the same story to the paywall and stopped.
Added the archive.is link.

packgrad
Thanks!
Mormad
I wonder how many of the partially vaxxed cohort are ones who had been previously infected.
Daviewolf83
Wayland said:

Look forward to reading the rest of this when it hits archive.is

Reminds me of a joke:

"My son went to school wearing his Spider Man mask, but came home wearing a Sponge Bob mask. Should I be concerned?"
Daviewolf83
Mormad said:

I wonder how many of the partially vaxxed cohort are ones who had been previously infected.
It is an interesting question and it would have some effect if previously infected people are some of the ones with a single dose. Combining the vaccine with immunity from previous infection is thought to actually provide higher efficacy than the vaccines alone.
Civilized
LOL
packgrad
It's not political guys. Remember?

People are fools to continue to listen to this CDC blow hard or Democrat leadership.
Packchem91
Re: the Wuhan vaccine stories above. Been on a golf trip all day, so have not read the article, but the thing that jumped out at me.Wuhan has 11mm people???
A city I'd never ever heard of til 18 mos ago, amd it has 11 mm people?
Not sure if that's metro or what, but that's be the biggest city in US. Crazy how populated China cities are
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

Re: the Wuhan vaccine stories above. Been on a golf trip all day, so have not read the article, but the thing that jumped out at me.Wuhan has 11mm people???
Not sure if that's metro or what, but that's be the biggest city in US. Crazy how populated China cities are
My company has some operations in Wuhan and one of our big suppliers has a large factory in Wuhan. I have never been there myself. Most of my travels to the Far East used to be Tokyo, Japan. I used to go there once or twice a year for many years. It is one of my favorite places to visit. I have only been to Beijing once and doubt I will return before I retire from the corporate world.
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

My company has some operations in Wuhan and one of our big suppliers has a large factory in Wuhan. I have never been there myself. Most of my travels to the Far East used to be Tokyo, Japan. I used to go there once or twice a year for many years. It is one of my favorite places to visit. I have only been to Beijing once and doubt I will return before I retire from the corporate world.
Interesting. With my original job out of college, I went to HK about 25 years ago, and then crossed over the "border" to Shenzhen. It was eye opening how it was exploding in that area...and that was before the big explosion of growth that has subsequently occurred. Many parts even near HK were still quite rural that recently.
bgr3
Packchem91 said:

The vast majority of Chinese Beijing's population (90+%) is on the Eastern part of the country. Wuhan is on the Yangtze River so it's a big deal, virus or not, very little population west of the hu huanyong line.
Packchem91
bgr3 said:

Packchem91 said:

The vast majority of Chinese Beijing's population (90+%) is on the Eastern part of the country. Wuhan is on the Yangtze River so it's a big deal, virus or not, very little population west of the hu huanyong line.
When I was a kid, I was major into geography, populations, capitals, all taht kind of stuff, from a grandfather who was a Trailways bus driver who drove tour busses all over the country (and Canada). But I kind of quit paying attention to that as I got into parenthood and work. And its shocking how many majorly populated centers there now are in IN and CH. And how much they dwarf the big US cities in density, etc.
IseWolf22
Wayland said:

packgrad said:

This is the same hypocrisy that drives me nuts.

No problem with the party.... but then we are all going to pretend that there is a widespread risk to kids at schools and that we need to isolate them.

EVERYONE at that party VACCINATED OR NOT is at greater risk of severe outcome of COVID than an unvaccinated child at school or otherwise. By all means, assess your risk and live your life.... but this bubble wrapping children from COVID is crazy.

I was surprised no one posted the DC mayor at a party hours before her most recent mask mandate went into effect, then officiating a wedding unmasked the next day
wilmwolf
From day one, leaders in some areas have been locking down business and enacting mandates that they themselves have no intention of following. Nothing has changed. Going out to dinner, getting caught masking up just before the cameras turn on, having unmasked gatherings. It has been a textbook study in how to create distrust and division.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
bgr3
wilmwolf80 said:

From day one, leaders in some areas have been locking down business and enacting mandates that they themselves have no intention of following. Nothing has changed. Going out to dinner, getting caught masking up just before the cameras turn on, having unmasked gatherings. It has been a textbook study in how to create distrust and division.
If they actually believed COVID was as dangerous as they try to scare you into believing it is they would follow their own guidelines.

It's all a fear based power grab, always has been.
BBW12OG
It's all a set up for the 2022/2024 elections. The lefties proved that they can determine the outcome of elections with ballot manipulation, mail-in voting etc.... dark times ahead......
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Oldsouljer
Daviewolf83 said:

I learned about what was happening last week, during a call with a co-worker that lives in China (I speak almost daily with Chinese co-workers). I was told the conditions were growing worse in multiple cities and it now seems word is making its way out of China to the media. The person I spoke with said cases in Beijing are really taking off and they are concerned lock-downs are coming again very soon. It seems the vaccine China developed is not very good against the delta variant.

The way I hear it, they got an even bigger problem.....widespread flooding of historical proportions.
First Page Last Page
Page 341 of 568

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.