Coronavirus

1,980,806 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Werewolf
Mormad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ripper said:

Mormad said:

Ripper said:

Mormad said:

Wayland said:

Mormad said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Packchem91 said:

New York City will require vaccines for entry to restaurants and gyms - CNN

I don't think its the government's place to dictate this for private businesses. But not a surprise it would be NYC.

Agree 100%.

THIS is a freedom being taken from Americans/business owners.
Hey... Civ is actually espousing a conservative idea... also, do you feel the same about mask?

No.

Masks are essentially no risk and are not intrusive.

Also, very importantly, they don't have consequential economic or emotional associated costs. They don't create isolation. They don't keep anyone from making a living.

They're all upside.
That was good Civ... I love how you project your feelings and/or thoughts on others. Not intrusive, no emotional cost... that's rich, civ!

How are masks intrusive or emotionally costly, especially compared to any other mitigating behavior including vaccines or shutdowns?

I don't think they are in the true sense of those words, but i can see how some are just sick of them, especially those who believe they don't make a difference, who are angry because they feel somebody is making them do something they don't want to do, or who feel they're symbols of virtue signaling.

I'm sick of masking, and I'm probably the biggest pro-mask guy here. I can wear a mask all day in the OR and not think twice about it, but wearing one in the office or around the hospital makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

Others here disagree, but i do it because i believe that, other than vaccines and avoidance of human interaction, a mask is the best we can do to protect ourselves during day to day interactions.
Or the real world level of masking and masks used are not an effective prophylactic measure for an aerosolized virus. They lead to people who should actually be acting with extra caution to take undue risk due to their belief that a dirty rag on over their mouth will prevent disease. If COVID was only respiratory droplet spread, then maybe... but we should be well past that myth.

And they enable the fringe crazies to believe they will never get a respiratory virus again and if they do it is the fault of the unclean and unwashed unbelievers.

Now, again, if we are going full on fitted sterile high level masks, we can talk. But come on... masking is a joke at this point. Take a 30 second watch at the Olympics. Mask on on podium, mask off as we wrestle around with each other, mask partially on as we walk around, mask on one ear as we talk, masks off again for a selfie.

The level of care, caution, quality needed for masks to be real world effective is outlandish.

Use them in with ACTUAL FOCUS where they can have real incremental benefit.

Believe what you want and say what you will. I have a little real world experience with masks. i and my peers had frequent interactions with veritable shtloads of patients, many of whom we found out were positive AFTER said interactions, and interviewed and examined them with nothing more than a mask. And very few wore N95s except in specific situations. As I've said here before, I too have read the "evidence" people who think masks are a joke like to site, but i work every single day with hundreds of peers making thousands of human interactions (before vaccines) and protected by nothing except a mask and hand soap, and very few got it. That's a lot of real world evidence that masks make a difference when used correctly, even when not high level sterile masks in the face of an aerosolized virus. I changed my dirty mask about once a week. I wore an N95 less than 10 times. So I'm not sure the undue risk theory flies. Fringe crazies? They're everywhere and making silly choices no matter the factor... Masks are but one factor. That's not changing and not worth altering beliefs over. And, yes, i laugh at examples of politicians and athletes and other examples of stupid mask use too.

And since it's so aerosolized, it's floating around our hospitals and offices like a fart. So we're constantly exposed i guess. Maybe we're just superhuman. Or maybe, just maybe, masks make a difference.

The joke is in human behavior and policy making, not the utility of a mask.
(Conversely) Unfortunately many thousands and thousands of masked individuals got Covid-19, so your anecdotal "superhuman" explanation does not hold water. It would have been super easy for a Government medical body to do a serious valid controlled study to measure the efficacy of the flimsy masks against Covid-19, but they have not done so. Or maybe they have and didn't like the results?

How do you know if they were masked and when they got it? Also, i have said here before, they're not impenetrable iron curtains. But to suggest they make no difference is also just plain wrong.
I've seen zero valid evidence that masks make "a difference". If you have real world evidence, please share. I can be persuaded by actual real world controlled studies that show positive efficacy, even partial positive efficacy. And please do not include pseudo lab studies using large aerosols or anything showing correlation. We are 18 months into this virus and mask mandates. There must be some real world evidence somewhere that masks work on the actual Covid-19 virus.

Well, there's a difference between real world evidence and real world controlled studies. I have offered my real world evidence above. Thousands of doctors managing eleventybillion patients and a low transmission rate. Real world controlled studies are more difficult because you have to find a cohort willing to be in the unprotected exposure line. It's akin to asking men to sleep with HIV positives with and without protection to prove condoms offer some relative reduction in transmission. It's just hard to construct that study. It would be great though.
PackPA2015
Packchem91 said:

PackPA2015 said:

Since we are talking about schools, our county school board meeting was last night. They voted 6-0 to make masks optional (affirmed the already optional recommendation by the state) for the upcoming school year.

Interestingly, they did vote to make rapid antigen testing available to school nurses with parental consent.

This does make the quarantine issue more difficult as kids who are in contact with positives will have to be quarantined at least 5 days with a negative test or 14 days without one. If they wear a mask, they will not be quarantined unless symptomatic. Means more missed school which is not something that any of us want at this point. The local health department and state determine the quarantine rules.
So being in the medical profession....what is your take on the county's decision regarding the benefit of mask wearing for the kids (sorry, I'm sure you've answered this before).

But in this case, the county is basically saying, you are safer if you wear a mask than if you don't. There are clearly folks on this site who would vehemently disagree with this....but this county made a pretty clear support of that.
Your thoughts?
It is a tough one for sure, since so many people are vehemently opposed to masking and especially in children.

The pros of having masks on anyone indoors (teachers, staff, children, and visitors) would be that you take away the mandatory quarantine when there is a case within a classroom as we know there will be at some point. Last year per the superintendent, we had over 4000 students quarantined at one point or another. That is half the student population. Now, the mandatory quarantine has been relaxed for this upcoming school year to where if a student is masked or vaccinated (middle and high school) or has had a positive COVID test within the last 90 days, then no quarantine is needed unless they have symptoms. We have had so many parents of students refuse to get them tested and have to wait the full 14 days of quarantine. That is a huge loss of instruction time. Masking also provides just a little more protection to those teachers who have had medical issues and were not able to be vaccinated due to those.

Cons are that masks obviously do have some effect on learning (social interaction, emotional cues, etc.) and can be a distraction within classrooms at times. You would also have to "police" them at times. However, per my wife who is a teacher and other teachers, most kids did just fine with the masks last year.

To me, if you have the mandatory quarantine, which our county does and cannot be changed unless the health department/NCDHHS changes it, the benefit of masks while indoors outweighs the cons. This would keep kids in school face-to-face for the most amount of time and that is what I am looking for. I do think you are getting in some sticky situations especially in our county if you mandate them, so that is my humble opinion.
caryking
Mormad said:

caryking said:

Mormad said:

BBW12OG said:

statefan91 said:

PackPA2015 said:

Since we are talking about schools, our county school board meeting was last night. They voted 6-0 to make masks optional (affirmed the already optional recommendation by the state) for the upcoming school year.

Interestingly, they did vote to make rapid antigen testing available to school nurses with parental consent.

This does make the quarantine issue more difficult as kids who are in contact with positives will have to be quarantined at least 5 days with a negative test or 14 days without one. If they wear a mask, they will not be quarantined unless symptomatic. Means more missed school which is not something that any of us want at this point. The local health department and state determine the quarantine rules.
This is a bit crazy to me, just knowing what the requirements are with a positive covid case in the room. If you're telling me my child can wear a mask and remain in the classroom despite a positive case, then hell yes let's all wear masks. All of these folks against masks are going to be really disappointed when school is virtual for their child because they had an unmasked contact.

Now, whether or not the rule about masked children not needing to quarantine is good or not is up for debate. But if those are the rules then my child is definitely wearing a mask so he can stay in the classroom as much as possible.
So which masks do your kids wear? Which mask policy are you following? There have been no less than 4 different recommendations. Again, I'll sit back and listen.

Based on the stated policy, and his stated motivation for masking his kids, what does it matter which mask they wear?
I don't think BBW or I care one bit about what mask or whether one wears a mask. Make your own damn decision. Isn't that a novel idea?

Jesus, Cary. The school board made a policy. His kids are young, one in daycare. I don't think they get to make their "own damn decision." They didn't specify what kind of mask, just that the damn kid could stay in school if exposed when wearing any old mask, and dude wants his kid to stay in school. His motivation was keep his kid in school. So who cares what mask they wear? The school board doesn't? You get all up in arms because i point that simple point out and then scream a damn kid in daycare can make his own damn decision? That's not novel, Cary.
Mormad, I get the school board made a policy. That's not point BBW was making, I think.

The novel idea, for me, is that PEOPLE can make their own decision. I really don't care what others do regarding mask, vaccines, etc... Is their life...

So, here goes, my wife is going back into teaching, this year, with kindergarten kids. She is doing this in the Wake County School system!!! My wife has a passion for teaching kids and then seeing the progress they make. It's very fulfilling for her.

I will be able to provide how easy its going to be to teach "K" kids wearing masks, real soon... BTW, yes, my wife has taken the Moderna vaccine.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
statefan91
Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

We ignoring the former CDC director literally saying they are better than vaccines?

Or Mandy Cohen saying basically every week that the mask is the "...best thing we can do to slow viral spread".

.... I could go on.... but yes, the sell is there.
Still saying those things or saying them 6 months ago, pre-vaccine? If so, well, then that is absurd. But Cohen has always been an idiot.
At least for Dr. Cohen, I'm pretty sure she has said masks were the best thing we can do to slow viral spread prior to the vaccines. The State has been pleading non-stop for people to get vaccinated since it was widely available.
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

We ignoring the former CDC director literally saying they are better than vaccines?

Or Mandy Cohen saying basically every week that the mask is the "...best thing we can do to slow viral spread".

Still saying those things or saying them 6 months ago, pre-vaccine? If so, well, then that is absurd. But Cohen has always been an idiot.
At least for Dr. Cohen, I'm pretty sure she has said masks were the best thing we can do to slow viral spread prior to the vaccines. The State has been pleading non-stop for people to get vaccinated since it was widely available.
Right...I'd hope they'd be promoting vaccinations, and then masking as an alternative if you choose not to get shots. And in either scenario, continuing to promote social distancing, and to Wayland's point....if you are having symptoms, keep your butt at home.

There is no doubt, messaging about Covid prevention has never been a strong suit. Part of that is understandable due to changing conditions, changing availability of options, and changing knowledge. And likely, political beliefs intersecting with messaging.
caryking
Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Right...I'd hope they'd be promoting vaccinations, and then masking as an alternative if you choose not to get shots. And in either scenario, continuing to promote social distancing, and to Wayland's point....if you are having symptoms, keep your butt at home.

There is no doubt, messaging about Covid prevention has never been a strong suit. Part of that is understandable due to changing conditions, changing availability of options, and changing knowledge. And likely, political beliefs intersecting with messaging.
Authoritarian messaging is so Anti-American its sickening. That really is the issue!

I've talked to several people recently, in NYC, and WOW!!! They are so sick of the mandates, lack of personal freedoms, etc... Each person, either my wife or I spoke with, outwardly told us the were Democrats! They all said, this has to stop!!!

NYC is realizing a more stringent authoritarian government than we are; however, it's coming to us. NYC is the test case model for the Biden Administration. It's coming!!!

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Authoritarian messaging is so Anti-American its sickening. That really is the issue!

I've talked to several people recently, in NYC, and WOW!!! They are so sick of the mandates, lack of personal freedoms, etc... Each person, either my wife or I spoke with, outwardly told us the were Democrats! They all said, this has to stop!!!

NYC is realizing a more stringent authoritarian government than we are; however, it's coming to us. NYC is the test case model for the Biden Administration. It's coming!!!
Whatever your political belief, or even your level of concern about Covid....I'm not sure how NYC residents can be happy with the announcement from DiBlasio yesterday.
I'm trying to envision the small Chinese restaurant who now has to have a staff member policing the front door to make sure every customer has a vaccine, and then force those who do not to leave

(OTOH, my favorite Chinese place here in CLT has been shooting my forehead temp for the last year -- hilariously, it often reads at about 95 degrees....I'm not sure what they'd have done if it ever registered at 100).
wilmwolf
There are multiple individuals and organizations responsible for the current divide in masking thought, but the fact remains that a large portion of people in this country feel that masks are government overreach, and another large portion of people in this country believe that if you don't wear a mask you don't care if your grandmother dies.

I maintain that if we had been given truthful, consistent information all along, the divide would be much less. Just come out and say you aren't recommending masks for the public initially because they need to be diverted to healthcare workers. Just come out and say not all masks are equal, but something is better than nothing. People are dumb, but most people have a good idea when they are not being given the full truth.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Civilized
Mormad said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Packchem91 said:

I don't think its the government's place to dictate this for private businesses. But not a surprise it would be NYC.

Agree 100%.

Hey... Civ is actually espousing a conservative idea... also, do you feel the same about mask?

No.

Also, very importantly, they don't have consequential economic or emotional associated costs. They don't create isolation. They don't keep anyone from making a living.

They're all upside.
That was good Civ... I love how you project your feelings and/or thoughts on others. Not intrusive, no emotional cost... that's rich, civ!

How are masks intrusive or emotionally costly, especially compared to any other mitigating behavior including vaccines or shutdowns?

I don't think they are in the true sense of those words, but i can see how some are just sick of them, especially those who believe they don't make a difference, who are angry because they feel somebody is making them do something they don't want to do, or who feel they're symbols of virtue signaling.

I'm sick of masking, and I'm probably the biggest pro-mask guy here. I can wear a mask all day in the OR and not think twice about it, but wearing one in the office or around the hospital makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

Others here disagree, but i do it because i believe that, other than vaccines and avoidance of human interaction, a mask is the best we can do to protect ourselves during day to day interactions.

Agree on all points.

There are reasons to object to masks but those reasons aren't because they are intrusive like a vaccine injected into your body or shutdowns that come at tremendous economic/social/emotional cost.

Most importantly, there are no known efficacious virus mitigators that do not have downsides. Mask downsides, in the range of potential downsides, are very minimal.
BBW12OG
Here's a prime example of the "messaging" on masks put forth to the American people. Explain to me all of you maskers why you believe that the data and information has been honestly given to us? If it was then why do the lefties seem to contradict themselves on a daily basis?

Yes.. at risk people should take whatever precautions they feel is necessary for themselves. In no way, shape or form should there be ANY mandates from the government... especially the MARXIST/COMMUNIST regime that is currently in office.

And I don't mean Sleepy Joe... I mean the "real" powers that are running the show.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
ciscopack
I don't think "most" doctors or scientists argue about the facts that can help decrease this virus. The quicker we get rid of this mess, the more normal things will be. Letting it ramp up is idiotic.

Ron DeSantis.... clean surfaces, clean hands, masks, some social distance and vaccines all help.

BBW12OG
So enlighten us... what do we do to end this? Please share your infinite wisdom on this.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
Not only is the "science" always changing, so is the definition of words.

When Marxists are in power, there is a war against the language and meaning of words - as warned of in Orwell's 1984.

"Herd immunity" re-defined...

https://instagr.am/p/CSJ3dWMNwkd
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Ripper
Mormad said:

Ripper said:

Mormad said:

Ripper said:

Mormad said:

Wayland said:

Mormad said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Packchem91 said:

Agree 100%.

No.

They're all upside.

Or the real world level of masking and masks used are not an effective prophylactic measure for an aerosolized virus. They lead to people who should actually be acting with extra caution to take undue risk due to their belief that a dirty rag on over their mouth will prevent disease. If COVID was only respiratory droplet spread, then maybe... but we should be well past that myth.

And they enable the fringe crazies to believe they will never get a respiratory virus again and if they do it is the fault of the unclean and unwashed unbelievers.

Now, again, if we are going full on fitted sterile high level masks, we can talk. But come on... masking is a joke at this point. Take a 30 second watch at the Olympics. Mask on on podium, mask off as we wrestle around with each other, mask partially on as we walk around, mask on one ear as we talk, masks off again for a selfie.

The level of care, caution, quality needed for masks to be real world effective is outlandish.

Believe what you want and say what you will. I have a little real world experience with masks. i and my peers had frequent interactions with veritable shtloads of patients, many of whom we found out were positive AFTER said interactions, and interviewed and examined them with nothing more than a mask. And very few wore N95s except in specific situations. As I've said here before, I too have read the "evidence" people who think masks are a joke like to site, but i work every single day with hundreds of peers making thousands of human interactions (before vaccines) and protected by nothing except a mask and hand soap, and very few got it. That's a lot of real world evidence that masks make a difference when used correctly, even when not high level sterile masks in the face of an aerosolized virus. I changed my dirty mask about once a week. I wore an N95 less than 10 times. So I'm not sure the undue risk theory flies. Fringe crazies? They're everywhere and making silly choices no matter the factor... Masks are but one factor. That's not changing and not worth altering beliefs over. And, yes, i laugh at examples of politicians and athletes and other examples of stupid mask use too.

And since it's so aerosolized, it's floating around our hospitals and offices like a fart. So we're constantly exposed i guess. Maybe we're just superhuman. Or maybe, just maybe, masks make a difference.

(Conversely) Unfortunately many thousands and thousands of masked individuals got Covid-19, so your anecdotal "superhuman" explanation does not hold water. It would have been super easy for a Government medical body to do a serious valid controlled study to measure the efficacy of the flimsy masks against Covid-19, but they have not done so. Or maybe they have and didn't like the results?

How do you know if they were masked and when they got it? Also, i have said here before, they're not impenetrable iron curtains. But to suggest they make no difference is also just plain wrong.
I've seen zero valid evidence that masks make "a difference". If you have real world evidence, please share. I can be persuaded by actual real world controlled studies that show positive efficacy, even partial positive efficacy. And please do not include pseudo lab studies using large aerosols or anything showing correlation. We are 18 months into this virus and mask mandates. There must be some real world evidence somewhere that masks work on the actual Covid-19 virus.

Well, there's a difference between real world evidence and real world controlled studies. I have offered my real world evidence above. Thousands of doctors managing eleventybillion patients and a low transmission rate. Real world controlled studies are more difficult because you have to find a cohort willing to be in the unprotected exposure line. It's akin to asking men to sleep with HIV positives with and without protection to prove condoms offer some relative reduction in transmission. It's just hard to construct that study. It would be great though.
LOL, a little dramatic today. There are literally thousands (probably) millions of non mask wearers who think the whole mask thing is bunk. There are people on this board who haven't worn a mask since the beginning (unless forced), for a variety of reasons. Some medical authority could have easily found non mask wearers for a controlled study. If nothing else, to actually find out the efficacy of masks? Show the success rates, if there is any? Maybe determine the scenarios when a mask may have some sort of benefit?Government entities setting freak show mask guidance and mandates is not a good idea and for the nervous Nellie's, the inconvenience if putting a dirty cloth on your face outweighs some wishing unproven protection. Mandy Cohen was correct. "Folks, we got nothing for you. Put the dirty cloth on your face". Because of this power grab, we'll have millions of kids forced to wear a nasty cloth all day at school for another school year.
BBW12OG
Again.... I have made this statement and I'll remind everyone.

Wait until next summer. The "X variant" will require mandatory lockdowns for at least three months. They had the test run in 2020. They have to keep this in the forefront.

Thank God President Trump cured the common cold, flu and most if not all Upper Respiratory Infections.

This was and is nothing but political. If you are at high risk, just like with the flu or URIs, take the vaccine. Wear a mask if you choose to do so. But banging the mask or die drum is stupid. But what do you expect from the left?

They know their goose is cooked in 2022 and 2024. It was in 2020 but they found a formula to win and are doing all they can to make it permanent.

Sad to see so many alum following blindly.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
GuerrillaPack
BBW12OG said:

Again.... I have made this statement and I'll remind everyone.

Wait until next summer. The "X variant" will require mandatory lockdowns for at least three months. They had the test run in 2020. They have to keep this in the forefront.

Thank God President Trump cured the common cold, flu and most if not all Upper Respiratory Infections.

This was and is nothing but political. If you are at high risk, just like with the flu or URIs, take the vaccine. Wear a mask if you choose to do so. But banging the mask or die drum is stupid. But what do you expect from the left?

They know their goose is cooked in 2022 and 2024. It was in 2020 but they found a formula to win and are doing all they can to make it permanent.

Sad to see so many alum following blindly.
I agree that part of this is to use "mail in" ballots to aid in rigging the "elections". They just announced that they will have "mail in" ballots for the re-call election for Governor in California. However, the covid scamdemic is being perpetrated to accomplish FAR more than just that, and to rig elections in order to keep Leftist politicians in power. This is a highly coordinated worldwide agenda. And while Republicans and right-wing politicians in other nations are putting up some mild resistance to the agenda, many of them have largely caved. Most Republican governors push the vaccines, and most of them implemented mask mandates and even business lockdowns. Virtually every nation in the world (many with right-wing governments) are going along with this fraud, and using it to implement a totalitarian agenda.

The much bigger picture here is to implement a totalitarian (communist, "Great Reset" of society) agenda -- including "vaccine passports" and a Chinese-style social credit score type system whereby people "cannot buy or sell" without bowing to the communist/Govt agenda, setting the precedent and excuse to lockdown society and forcibly quarantine and detain people, deliberately destroying the middle class and small businesses, collapsing currencies and bringing in a cashless economic system, etc.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Wayland
NC will be in case decline by next week. I'll go ahead and put it down.

My guess at the number of cases we were going to get today was 3400-3600. Came in at 3413, so leaning on the low side. Growth rate is declining.

Tomorrow will likely be 4200+/-200. Below 4000 super positive, over 4500 not ideal (outside backlog).
caryking
GuerrillaPack said:

The much bigger picture here is to implement a totalitarian (communist, "Great Reset" of society) agenda -- including "vaccine passports" and a Chinese-style social credit score type system whereby people "cannot buy or sell" without bowing to the communist/Govt agenda, setting the precedent and excuse to lockdown society and forcibly quarantine and detain people, deliberately destroying the middle class and small businesses, collapsing currencies and bringing in a cashless economic system, etc.
there is so much truth to this... It's coming!!!

Chairman Xi wipes out 400B in US Investments last week. Why are our Pesions funding Chinese Companies is beyond me... California Pension fund was run by a CCP selected person. I guess the law out there requires some type consideration for this.

Joe Biden
TheStorm
Wayland said:

Packchem91 said:

Mormad said:

Wayland said:

Mormad said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Packchem91 said:

Agree 100%.

No.

They're all upside.

Something I've been interested in, behind all the metrics, re: masks. First, we all can acknowledge that clearly they aren't perfect. And I don't recall them ever being sold that way

It would probably be a good time for someone to slowly back away from the keyboard right now... not smart to "grab a tiger by the tail" as they say.

Just saying.
TheStorm
statefan91 said:

Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Singing that same old tune once again I see... it always makes my day!

I do however, get an extra kick out of it when your support with your vote actually negatively affects you and your family and you don't agree with it... but for some reason, I don't think that will change how you vote going forward?!?

Here's one on this board that very sincerely hopes that your children aren't unnecessarily forced to either a) wear masks at school for an indeterminate amount of time, or b) have to attend school from home virtually.

There is no reason for it. Open your eyes.
Everpack
I've noticed two things have disappeared from the COVID discussion; deaths and breakthrough cases for those previously infected.
statefan91
Wayland
statefan91 said:

interesting. I assume he is looking at the overall census.

Looking at the new admits and ED numbers, Nevada may be past peak already. Will have to watch the backfill over the next few days. Need to find if they do cases by specimen date.

statefan91
Also saw this:

BBW12OG
Like I said... this isn't going to end. I have seen on Twitterverse numerous "calls for lockdowns" in places that have seen the Delta variant cases drop due to a newer threat to the leftys' 2022 mid-term elections... errrr... I mean the health and safety of the world.... What a damn joke.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the new and improved "Delta-Plus" variant. It is supposedly more contagious, spreads faster and is harder to detect than its' predecessor "Delta."

Any of you lefties seeing this as a problem yet? Never mind... it's probably nap time or snack time and I'm sure you would hate to miss either of those.

And before you question the source...it's from one of your MSM propaganda overlord outlets. Slurp away sheep, slurp away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/08/03/delta-plus-coronavirus-variant-explained/

Again, how you lefties can look at yourself in the mirror and show your masked faces to anyone is beyond me.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
bgr3
ciscopack said:

I don't think "most" doctors or scientists argue about the facts that can help decrease this virus. The quicker we get rid of this mess, the more normal things will be. Letting it ramp up is idiotic.

Ron DeSantis.... clean surfaces, clean hands, masks, some social distance and vaccines all help.

Not attacking you here, I just find it interesting that the term "back to normal" is finally gone. You used a specific phrase there. I have been saying since mid-2020 "back to normal" is not a thing. Bureaucratic tyranny is the new normal, and whether or not you think that is good or support it, the phrase you used is a nod to that reality.

Also, COVID doesn't spread from surfaces or your hands, we've known that for over a year now. Just following the science.
Packchem91
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31958173/bryson-dechambeau-returns-being-covid-positive-regret-not-getting-vaccinated

Given he's become a lightning rod in general this year, I'm guessing these comments will add to that
GuerrillaPack
Packchem91 said:

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31958173/bryson-dechambeau-returns-being-covid-positive-regret-not-getting-vaccinated

Given he's become a lightning rod in general this year, I'm guessing these comments will add to that
The testing is completely bogus with probably over 95% false positives, as we all know.

That said...even per the "official" narrative, getting jabbed with the mystery injection doesn't prevent you from contracting the Wu flu. So you're just as likely to get a bogus "positive" test whether you've taken the injections or not.
Oldsouljer
Ripper said:

Mormad said:

Ripper said:

Mormad said:

Wayland said:

Mormad said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

Packchem91 said:

Agree 100%.

No.

They're all upside.

This is a loaded subject but you're right in practical terms. And right to be skeptical of some of the "peer-reviewed" studies floating around out there. Peer reviewed papers have to disclose their financial support. It's frequently from NIH or some other governmental agency, and the word is out that if you want financing, you don't run contrary to the "Fauci font of wisdom". One example of these crap papers includes one by Nobel laureate Mario Molina.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/peteraldhous/mario-molina-coronavirus-face-masks-pnas

Packchem91
GuerrillaPack said:

Packchem91 said:

The testing is completely bogus with probably over 95% false positives, as we all know.

That said...even per the "official" narrative, getting jabbed with the mystery injection doesn't prevent you from contracting the Wu flu. So you're just as likely to get a bogus "positive" test whether you've taken the injections or not.
Did you read the article? His was not a false positive. He was actually sick, though only minimally so....felt tired and such.
And we all know anyone can still get sick....but of course the evidence (included in the article you must not have read) clearly shows you decrease your odds.

ETA: Is 95% false positives a real #?
statefan91
GuerrillaPack
Desantis responds to Biden's threats that governors need to "get out of the way", says he stands in the way of the Biden/Democrat tyrannical lockdown and vaccine mandate agenda:

https://instagr.am/p/CSKmIehpI2P
Wayland
statefan91 said:

I like covidestim but like many other models, they are slow to react to momentum shifts. At least when you get to their drilled down county level data, you can see some of the 'history'. But otherwise a pretty good site to get a feel of where things are.

There may be some additional places with growth decline that they haven't fully captured yet, but fun to play with. I recognized NC's growth decline before they did and now they are slowly going back and incorporating it.
statefan91
I'm a little slow and can't tell if what you're saying is good or bad
GuerrillaPack
This CDC edict for moratorium on evictions is absolutely insane. How is this even legal? When did the CDC get the power to just issue edicts like this? They don't have the power to make laws. And even Congress would not have rightful power to do this, as it is not within their delegated powers under the Constitution.

And of course all the state governors take marching orders from the CDC on masks and other unconstitutional mandates.

What's next?...will the CDC issue an edict repealing the 2nd Amendment? Because it's "for our safety"?

When did the CDC become the dictators of the United States?
First Page Last Page
Page 335 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.