Coronavirus

1,980,679 Views | 19755 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Werewolf
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It almost certainly isn't legal, and that's the problem. It's abundantly clear that the rule of law is fading away. Most Dems and too many GOP legislators simply aren't serious about their oath of office and that has led us to where we are.
caryking
Unfortunately, congress may have passed laws giving these federal agencies power not granted to them. Why do you think we have so many regulations? They have nothing to do with a specific law; rather, a law passed by congress to do these things.

The CDC may have been given the power to do this. So, the real question, constitutionally based, is whether congress has the power to turn over power... in a representative republic, the representative is responsible to us, the people, to pass laws, not turn them over to an unelected official.

So, we may see people jumping through hoops to figure this one out. This, in my opinion, is one of the most important cases, if it rises, this country will see, regarding freedoms.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
Oldsouljer said:

It almost certainly isn't legal, and that's the problem. It's abundantly clear that the rule of law is fading away. Most Dems and too many GOP legislators simply aren't serious about their oath of office and that has led us to where we are.
Very true. The prime example is how the NSA, CIA, FBI and other intelligence agencies are spying on everything citizens do in blatant violation of the 4th Amendment (under the "authority" of the Patriot Act, NDAA, and other unconstitutional laws)...and yet the totally corrupt courts uphold these clearly unconstitutional acts. Our entire system is wholly corrupt, lawless, and tyrannical...Congress, the courts, the executive branch.

And that's just one example. There are dozens of other similar examples of blatantly unconstitutional and tyrannical acts -- such as refusal to enforce our laws against illegal immigration and the Federal government openly aiding the invasion of millions of illegals into the country, Congress usurping their Constitutional powers in dozens of areas (including forcing people to buy healthcare under Obamacare), blatantly rigged and fraudulent "elections", and now all the blatantly unconstitutional lockdowns and similar draconian executive fiat mandates over covid.

We are quickly becoming a communist banana-republic style nation...where there is no rule of law, and only rule of the elite/powerful. The implications of this are extremely dangerous to civil liberties and the health and prosperity of the nation.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
GuerrillaPack
caryking said:

Unfortunately, congress may have passed laws giving these federal agencies power not granted to them. Why do you think we have so many regulations? They have nothing to do with a specific law; rather, a law passed by congress to do these things.

The CDC may have been given the power to do this. So, the real question, constitutionally based, is whether congress has the power to turn over power... in a representative republic, the representative is responsible to us, the people, to pass laws, not turn them over to an unelected official.

So, we may see people jumping through hoops to figure this one out. This, in my opinion, is one of the most important cases, if it rises, this country will see, regarding freedoms.
Another thing that I think is going on is the when a "state of emergency" is declared (on the pretext of "covid"), it actually triggers a suspension of the Constitution in many respects, and the same for state constitutions. Obviously, the government and media aren't informing the public of this, and keeping it hush hush. But that is what is "legally" allowing them to issue all of these various unconstitutional mandates and edicts.

But the entire concept of being able to issue a "state of emergency" whereby you suspend the Constitution is itself an act of tyranny which should never be allowed. The Constitution should never be subject to being able to be suspended based on the whim of the President, a state Governor, Congress, or ANYONE.

"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
packgrad
caryking
GuerrillaPack said:

caryking said:

Another thing that I think is going on is the when a "state of emergency" is declared (on the pretext of "covid"), it actually triggers a suspension of the Constitution in many respects, and the same for state constitutions. Obviously, the government and media aren't informing the public of this, and keeping it hush hush. But that is what is "legally" allowing them to issue all of these various unconstitutional mandates and edicts.

But the entire concept of being able to issue a "state of emergency" whereby you suspend the Constitution is itself an act of tyranny which should never be allowed. The Constitution should never be subject to being able to be suspended based on the whim of the President, a state Governor, Congress, or ANYONE.

Another example is how does Biden and state governors just get to dictatorially mandate that all Federal or state employees have to take the covid injections? I thought we needed a law in order to do such a thing, which would need to be passed by Congress or our state legislatures. But no, not when the Constitution is suspended under this "state of emergency". The President and state Governors are now dictators.
GP, that's a lesson that all Americans should be taught is school. Things like: social justice, crt, etc are so far out of bounds for our education system, it's just ridiculous...

Oh, and BTW, this has everything to do with the coronavirus thread...

Joe Biden
Daviewolf83
packgrad said:

Exactly. I made this point the other day in a post. I have not seen any carve-outs in the restrictions to address:

1) People under the age of 12 who are not allowed to be vaccinated. Currently proposed restrictions would not allow unvaccinated children under 12 to eat in a restaurant with their parents or guardians.
2) People who have health conditions that do not allow them to be vaccinated. Restricting them is a violation of the American's with Disabilities Act, as it regards public accommodation.
3) African-American and other under-served populations. Seems like a clear civil rights violation, based on disparate impact on the African-American community.
4) People who were previously infected that carry natural immunity. Vaccines provide a substitute of natural immunity, so we do not have to go through the risks of being infected. People who carry natural immunity should have antibodies and more importantly, T-Cells that protect them. Why would we put a policy in place that does not recognize they are protected.
5) People with sincerely held religious beliefs that do not allow them to be vaccinated. Any law or government lead restriction put in place that does not recognize their beliefs would be a violation of their First Amendment rights.

Before any restriction is put in place, it must address each of these issues. Unless the government indemnifies a business from lawsuits regarding any of the items I listed above, they should be very careful in imposing restrictions. If anyone has seen these current restrictions, please point out to me where the issues I listed have been addressed and mitigated.

In the case of my son's university, they created carve-outs for items 2 and 5 from my list, even though they are a private institution and they dealt with item 3 by providing free and easily available vaccine doses to the entire student and staff population.

statefan91
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

packgrad said:

Exactly. I made this point the other day in a post. I have not seen any carve-outs in the restrictions to address:

1) People under the age of 12 who are not allowed to be vaccinated. Currently proposed restrictions would not allow unvaccinated children under 12 to eat in a restaurant with their parents or guardians.
2) People who have health conditions that do not allow them to be vaccinated. Restricting them is a violation of the American's with Disabilities Act, as it regards public accommodation.
3) African-American and other under-served populations. Seems like a clear civil rights violation, based on disparate impact on the African-American community.
4) People who were previously infected that carry natural immunity. Vaccines provide a substitute of natural immunity, so we do not have to go through the risks of being infected. People who carry natural immunity should have antibodies and more importantly, T-Cells that protect them. Why would we put a policy in place that does not recognize they are protected.
5) People with sincerely held religious beliefs that do not allow them to be vaccinated. Any law or government lead restriction put in place that does not recognize their beliefs would be a violation of their First Amendment rights.

Before any restriction is put in place, it must address each of these issues. Unless the government indemnifies a business from lawsuits regarding any of the items I listed above, they should be very careful in imposing restrictions. If anyone has seen these current restrictions, please point out to me where the issues I listed have been addressed and mitigated.

In the case of my son's university, they created carve-outs for items 2 and 5 from my list, even though they are a private institution and they dealt with item 3 by providing free and easily available vaccine doses to the entire student and staff population.

Yeah, I'd be interested if anyone even asked DiBlasio about this. Was it a news conf, or just an announcement he made?

You can enforce this, to a degree, at an airline ticket counter. Or government building with security
But no way its fair to force businesses to enforce this across the board (some may be happy to do so, but doesn't mean many will)
Packchem91
packgrad said:

I wonder when Stacey Abrams will hold a presser (she most certainly should)....
bgr3
statefan91 said:

Leana Wen, noted former head of Planned Parenthood and vaccine passport advocate, I might add.
caryking
bgr3 said:

statefan91 said:

Leana Wen, noted former head of Planned Parenthood and vaccine passport advocate, I might add.
I don't trust any of these numbers!

Joe Biden
bgr3
GuerrillaPack said:

This CDC edict for moratorium on evictions is absolutely insane. How is this even legal? When did the CDC get the power to just issue edicts like this? They don't have the power to make laws. And even Congress would not have rightful power to do this, as it is not within their delegated powers under the Constitution.

And of course all the state governors take marching orders from the CDC on masks and other unconstitutional mandates.

What's next?...will the CDC issue an edict repealing the 2nd Amendment? Because it's "for our safety"?

When did the CDC become the dictators of the United States?
I just want to know when the property tax moratorium is going to go into effect.....
Wayland
Wayland said:

NC will be in case decline by next week. I'll go ahead and put it down.

My guess at the number of cases we were going to get today was 3400-3600. Came in at 3413, so leaning on the low side. Growth rate is declining.

Tomorrow will likely be 4200+/-200. Below 4000 super positive, over 4500 not ideal (outside backlog).

And it is 4331. Amazing that it is almost predictable.

Waiting for the rest of the data to post to dig in.

EDIT: I hate that we don't get weekend data anymore and basically going to have to wait until Monday at this point.
BBW12OG
bgr3 said:

GuerrillaPack said:

This CDC edict for moratorium on evictions is absolutely insane. How is this even legal? When did the CDC get the power to just issue edicts like this? They don't have the power to make laws. And even Congress would not have rightful power to do this, as it is not within their delegated powers under the Constitution.

And of course all the state governors take marching orders from the CDC on masks and other unconstitutional mandates.

What's next?...will the CDC issue an edict repealing the 2nd Amendment? Because it's "for our safety"?

When did the CDC become the dictators of the United States?
I just want to know when the property tax moratorium is going to go into effect.....
Screw that.... I want to know when we can **** can the Federal Income tax, paying for groceries, buying clothes, paying for electricity, water etc... aren't those basic human rights like the lefties are pushing this BS narrative?

Why even have money when everything is free? Come on Isiswolf... engage with the debate. I'm sure you are enjoying the stimulus checks and not paying rent....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Mormad
This thread is slowing down. I better post some more about masks.
Wayland
Mormad said:

I am sure more drama will be on the way. When the inevitable peak to this seasonal/variant wave comes, we are going to have to do something until the next viral wave in the winter.
Packchem91
Wayland said:

Mormad said:

I am sure more drama will be on the way. When the inevitable peak to this seasonal/variant wave comes, we are going to have to do something until the next viral wave in the winter.
Nahhh, NC public schools start in 2 weeks, with all kinds of different mandates in effect. And as news stories start churning out about illnesses, that will create lots of drama on the thread.
statefan91
What's the latest on rollovers and what not? Any good data out today that you've seen?
Wayland
statefan91 said:

What's the latest on rollovers and what not? Any good data out today that you've seen?

I mean, the cases hit my expected range today pretty close to dead on, so I guess that it is good in that we aren't seeing unusual behavior. And we will see a little bit more 'reported' increase in cases.

I had been waiting to see some of the CDC and trend updates today.

I know it doesn't seem that way when reported cases look like they are going straight up. But I swear everything I am looking at is telling me that we are post infection peak.

A case is typically reported by DHHS 2-6 days after the specimen is collected, you add in the time between infection and testing and you are pushing probably an average of a week+ after the infection occurs and we see it on a daily report.

Like I said, I am still waiting on a few non DHHS things to post and backlog can always come out of nowhere, but nothing I have seen so far today has changed my opinions. I think part of my frustration and anticipation is seeing signs of decline but having to wait so long for all the data to be aggregated and reported.
Wayland
Packchem91 said:

Wayland said:

Mormad said:

Nahhh, NC public schools start in 2 weeks, with all kinds of different mandates in effect. And as news stories start churning out about illnesses, that will create lots of drama on the thread.

I have some things to say there, but am waiting until Tuesday.
packgrad
There is the Lambda variant. Masks will surely protect us against the Lambda variant.

Yawn.
packgrad
Wayland said:

statefan91 said:

I mean, the cases hit my expected range today pretty close to dead on, so I guess that it is good in that we aren't seeing unusual behavior. And we will see a little bit more 'reported' increase in cases.

I had been waiting to see some of the CDC and trend updates today.

I know it doesn't seem that way when reported cases look like they are going straight up. But I swear everything I am looking at is telling me that we are post infection peak.

A case is typically reported by DHHS 2-6 days after the specimen is collected, you add in the time between infection and testing and you are pushing probably an average of a week+ after the infection occurs and we see it on a daily report.

Like I said, I am still waiting on a few non DHHS things to post and backlog can always come out of nowhere, but nothing I have seen so far today has changed my opinions. I think part of my frustration and anticipation is seeing signs of decline but having to wait so long for all the data to be aggregated and reported.

Got to have time to juke the stats. All part of driving the narrative. Got to be able to talk about intrusiveness, emotional cost, and compare vaccines and masks to fighting in WWII. Why give out the stats until you can set the table and tell your minions what to eat?
statefan91
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

That seems major.
GuerrillaPack
A virus so deadly you have to be given a false positive from a completely bogus PCR test to know you are "infected".

A virus so contagious that you have to stick a 1 ft long Q-tip all the way up to your brain to find it.

If they're gonna "test" me, then I'll supply the Q-tip and swab the inside of my mouth. No way you are sticking that Q-tip all the way up my nasal passage to the front of my brain, with who knows what kind of toxins on that q-tip.
statefan91
Saw estimates of 250k students
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

Wonder if there will be any "die-hards" who just completely refuse to comply?

How does this compare with what Davie said they are doing at Wake?
packgrad
statefan91 said:

"Just in" to the **** show WRAL. Announced last week.
Packchem91

Are people really holding out for $100?
Daviewolf83
Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Wake Forest requires all students and staff to be vaccinated. Those that have a verified medical or religious exemption do not have to be vaccinated. Currently, 97% of the students and staff are fully vaccinated and those who are not will be tested weekly. Only those with an exemption are the ones not vaccinated. For my son's team, only three players are unvaccinated (have to have one of the two exemptions to not be vaccinated). All staff and coaches are fully vaccinated.

For media covering Wake Forest's live events this Fall, they must all be fully vaccinated and must all wear a mask (indoors and outdoors). The mask rule was newly added this week. Prior to this week, they were only requiring vaccination. Wake is unique with regards to football and media access. Unlike State and other area programs, they allow media to attend all Fall practices, until the last week of Fall Camp. For games, any place where the media may come in contact with players, they must be fully vaccinated. I am not sure about the additional requirement to mask, once the season starts. As far as the mask requirement is concerned, it is likely a reaction to what happened with State's vaccinated players at the CWS in June (ie., vaccinated players tested positive).

I did hear yesterday that UNC will restrict the number of photographers on the field for a game at 16 total. This is a big jump from last year when it was only a handful of photographers. I do know a few photographers have gotten approved for credentials for Wake Forest and I do not know if they are capping the numbers, like they are doing at UNC. For State, I know IPS has requested credentials for the season, but I do not know the status of the request. The ACC is supposed to issue their testing protocols for the season in the next two weeks.

For State's opening practice for Fall Camp yesterday, no masking or vaccination was required of the media. I will point out that the entire event was outdoors and the media were only there for approximately 70 minutes. After half of the practice, the media were required to leave and all future practices are closed to the media. I was happy to finally get to attend a college event as a member of the media yesterday. It had been 16 months, since we (photographers) were allowed on the sidelines of any game or practice. It was nice to finally catch up with the photographers from the other publications that cover State and the local press photographers.
dogplasma
I wonder how the pay-for-participation will affect us in the future. Are more people going to hold out for future vaccines to see if they get paid? Probably not enough to make a big difference, but still, maybe an unintended consequence of rewarding that sort of decision making.
packgrad
dogplasma said:

I wonder how the pay-for-participation will affect us in the future. Are more people going to hold out for future vaccines to see if they get paid? Probably not enough to make a big difference, but still, maybe an unintended consequence of rewarding that sort of decision making.

I think it's already reached it's high point for the vaccine. Next step is pay for booster shots. When you start seeing that you can rest assured its all about control.
BBW12OG
Free money is free money am I right??

Nothing more.. nothing less... when you incentivize about half the population that being lazy, depending on the government to take care of you what does the left expect? You offer them $100 to go to rallies to fill seats and you finally will have a full rally...

Would be interesting to hear the perspective from the left on how all of a sudden the "race" of the unvaccinated has all of a sudden disappeared from the MSM outlets...wonder why??

Anybody have the numbers from New York City on the unvaccinated? I'd hate to post any links that might be construed as "my opinion.." I have read several articles from lefty news sources and what is happening there is nothing short of SEGREGATION...

But, a few on here openly welcome that sort of thing.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
Daviewolf83 said:

Packchem91 said:

statefan91 said:

Wake Forest requires all students and staff to be vaccinated. Those that have a verified medical or religious exemption do not have to be vaccinated. Currently, 97% of the students and staff are fully vaccinated and those who are not will be tested weekly. Only those with an exemption are the ones not vaccinated. For my son's team, only three players are unvaccinated (have to have one of the two exemptions to not be vaccinated). All staff and coaches are fully vaccinated.

For media covering Wake Forest's live events this Fall, they must all be fully vaccinated and must all wear a mask (indoors and outdoors). The mask rule was newly added this week. Prior to this week, they were only requiring vaccination. Wake is unique with regards to football and media access. Unlike State and other area programs, they allow media to attend all Fall practices, until the last week of Fall Camp. For games, any place where the media may come in contact with players, they must be fully vaccinated. I am not sure about the additional requirement to mask, once the season starts. As far as the mask requirement is concerned, it is likely a reaction to what happened with State's vaccinated players at the CWS in June (ie., vaccinated players tested positive).

I did hear yesterday that UNC will restrict the number of photographers on the field for a game at 16 total. This is a big jump from last year when it was only a handful of photographers. I do know a few photographers have gotten approved for credentials for Wake Forest and I do not know if they are capping the numbers, like they are doing at UNC. For State, I know IPS has requested credentials for the season, but I do not know the status of the request. The ACC is supposed to issue their testing protocols for the season in the next two weeks.

For State's opening practice for Fall Camp yesterday, no masking or vaccination was required of the media. I will point out that the entire event was outdoors and the media were only there for approximately 70 minutes. After half of the practice, the media were required to leave and all future practices are closed to the media. I was happy to finally get to attend a college event as a member of the media yesterday. It had been 16 months, since we (photographers) were allowed on the sidelines of any game or practice. It was nice to finally catch up with the photographers from the other publications that cover State and the local press photographers.
Thanks for the compare of various stakeholders.

And I saw your pic from yesterday, but did not realize you were doing photography. Hope you catch some great scenes his season!
First Page Last Page
Page 336 of 565

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.