Coronavirus

1,999,756 Views | 19834 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Werewolf
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.asiapacific.ca/publication/japans-vaccine-hesitancy-implications-covid-olympics

Quote:

Research has shown that vaccination will play a decisive role in the successful control of the COVID-19 pandemic. Japan, however, is clearly lagging behind other high-income countries in its vaccine rollout; indeed, it is experiencing a unique and complex situation with respect to vaccine hesitancy.

Contrary to recent Western "anti-vax" narratives that largely stem from misinformation, Japan's reluctance towards immunization is fuelled by a lengthy history with vaccine safety incidents. This history propelled the government to adopt a risk-averse strategy mainly to avoid liability from vaccine side effects, resulting in significant damages to the country's domestic vaccine manufacturing capacity as well as decreased public trust in vaccines.
This has put Japan at a disadvantage in its battle against COVID-19, especially as Japan battles through a fourth wave of infections and as the government appears determined to proceed with hosting the Tokyo Olympics this summer.
GuerrillaPack
Ever wonder why the covid "test" requires them to jam a q-tip way up your nasal passage damn near to your brain? If this virus is "so contagious", wouldn't a swab inside the mouth suffice?

Turns out these swabs for the "testing" contain a known carcinogen that also causes respiratory problems and symptoms similar to "covid". And who knows what else they have put on those swabs.

https://instagr.am/p/CRETzIAAksk
GuerrillaPack
Appears New Zealand is going to FORCE everyone to take the jabs, and "chase down" those who won't take it on their own will:

https://instagr.am/p/CREU_vRAK78
Packchem91
For the earlier debate on government pursuing the unvaccinated and reasons why.....found this study published by U of Minn Center for Infectious Disease Research. I have no idea of their political leanings.

Poorer US counties have lower COVID-19 vaccine uptake | CIDRAP (umn.edu)

Last paragraph talks about some of the reasons why lower socioeconomic areas have lower vaccination rates....and touch on some of the ideas Statefan91 proffered. Also article called out why those very same groups are the ones who likely are most at need to be vaccinated.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

For the earlier debate on government pursuing the unvaccinated and reasons why.....found this study published by U of Minn Center for Infectious Disease Research. I have no idea of their political leanings.

Last paragraph talks about some of the reasons why lower socioeconomic areas have lower vaccination rates....and touch on some of the ideas Statefan91 proffered. Also article called out why those very same groups are the ones who likely are most at need to be vaccinated.

" The authors also pointed out that uninsured or low-income residents may see their healthcare providers less, not understand that vaccines are free, and have less access to the technology needed to gather vaccine information and make an appointment."

Zero data to support that. Nonsense to assume that percentages are down in affected counties due to not knowing whether vaccine is free or having ability to get vaccine information or schedule an appointment. It's typical propaganda to support the government.

To sum up the study for those that don't want to read it, they say poor people and black people are not getting vaccines in similar percentages to other groups. Then the authors took liberty with the reason why "Because they're stupid and can't get on the internet", but using politically correct wording.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

" The authors also pointed out that uninsured or low-income residents may see their healthcare providers less, not understand that vaccines are free, and have less access to the technology needed to gather vaccine information and make an appointment."

Zero data to support that. Nonsense to assume that percentages are down in affected counties due to not knowing whether vaccine is free or having ability to get vaccine information or schedule an appointment. It's typical propaganda to support the government.

To sum up the study for those that don't want to read it, they say poor people and black people are not getting vaccines in similar percentages to other groups. Then the authors took liberty with the reason why "Because they're stupid and can't get on the internet", but using politically correct wording.
Right...pictures of a dumptrack radio station message is a much better way to disprove that, right?
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

Right...pictures of a dumptrack radio station message is a much better way to disprove that, right?

Message board guy comeback. Congratulations on zero substance. Sorry I think your study is nonsense.
bgr3
I, for one, am holding out to get the Delta Comfort variant.
statefan91
Technically there's multiple studies that we've linked to that you are calling BS on with no reason other than your own assumptions and observations. Not sure how you can get much more "message board guy" than that.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Technically there's multiple studies that we've linked to that you are calling BS on with no reason other than your own assumptions and observations. Not sure how you can get much more "message board guy" than that.

I've called BS on one study. Reading is fundamental. I didn't read any of yours. But good "you are" on the message board guy. Very substantive.

If your studies take liberty with why people don't get vaccinated simply due to race or socioeconomic status, I think they're bunk as well. I don't think black people and poor people are incapable of getting information to make an informed decision about vaccination. Some apparently do.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

Message board guy comeback. Congratulations on zero substance. Sorry I think your study is nonsense.
OK.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

I've called BS on one study. Reading is fundamental. I didn't read any of yours. But good "you are" on the message board guy. Very substantive.

If your studies take liberty with why people don't get vaccinated simply due to race or socioeconomic status, I think they're bunk as well. I don't think black people and poor people are incapable of getting information to make an informed decision about vaccination. Some apparently do.
LOL, I provide a study from a group that focuses on infectious disease research, and you reply that you disagree based on opinion as a construction company owner, but I'm the one adding no substance...got it.

So how do you know they are taking liberty with those conclusions? I read it is simply your opinion, right? And that's ok if so, just wondering why you're so passionate to disprove these studies' findings?

Do you also think its bunk that people in lower socio-economic backgrounds are less healthy, eat worse, and have less access to care than those in higher economic groups?
packgrad
Ok
statefan91
Got it - I had replied to you on a previous page with this link so you can read this study:

Here is an analysis that shows correlation of lower vaccination rates with the following:

• States with higher proportions of single parent households
  • States with higher percent of households without internet
  • States with lower percent of residents with bachelors degree or higher
  • States with higher percent of uninsured residents
  • States with lower household income

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-privilege-gaps-between-states/

If the question is where to concentrate additional information and make it easier to get vaccinated, it makes sense to focus on those locations, which was the original question posed.
PackFansXL
Stepping out of the corral for a moment, the authors do appear to be glossing over the justification for their reasoning. Perhaps this is due to lack of data or a need to limit article length and complexity. Over-simplification sounds like racial profiling to some and simple opinion to others. Regardless, they didn't present data to justify reasons for their conclusions, unless I missed it.
Quote:

The authors also pointed out that uninsured or low-income residents may see their healthcare providers less, not understand that vaccines are free, and have less access to the technology needed to gather vaccine information and make an appointment.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Got it - I had replied to you on a previous page with this link so you can read this study:

Here is an analysis that shows correlation of lower vaccination rates with the following:

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-privilege-gaps-between-states/

If the question is where to concentrate additional information and make it easier to get vaccinated, it makes sense to focus on those locations, which was the original question posed.

Ok. I read it this time. I think that is more an opinion piece, but forgetting that, it does nothing to dissuade my opinion that people have had ample opportunity and time to get the vaccine if they so desire. Government officials going door to door is a waste of time and money.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Stepping out of the corral for a moment, the authors do appear to be glossing over the justification for their reasoning. Perhaps this is due to lack of data or a need to limit article length and complexity. Over-simplification sounds like racial profiling to some and simple opinion to others. Regardless, they didn't present data to justify reasons for their conclusions, unless I missed it.
Quote:

The authors also pointed out that uninsured or low-income residents may see their healthcare providers less, not understand that vaccines are free, and have less access to the technology needed to gather vaccine information and make an appointment.

Could be....maybe the researchers are relying on the typical factors that prevent these same people from getting dialysis care, preventative dental care, prenatal care, cancer screenings, etc.....different issues, but usually the same preventative measures that limit their taking advantage of things most of us are able to do.

I'm sure google is full of other analysis that studies average reasons why certain groups are less likely to get the vaccination. Do you think those reasons will be the same for Anson County as they are for Western Union County (I think you are a UC guy??).
I wonder how many of those analysis will point to the reasons above.....
packgrad
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Correct. But I'm just a guy that works in construction.

I think an interesting study, if those that do studies could do one without starting at a point of "privilege", would be a year and a half into this virus why is it necessary to push those that live in "multifamily or multigenerational households and employment in conditions with inadequate protection from the coronavirus" to get the vaccination if they haven't already received it? If they've been at the highest risk working in dangerous situations and living in homes with many people, have they not already been exposed to the virus? Presumably they would have already been exposed, had a reaction and developed antibodies, exposed to it, never knew they had it, and developed antibodies, or they're just not susceptible to it. Maybe they've decided that for themselves.
caryking
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

Ok. I read it this time. I think that is more an opinion piece, but forgetting that, it does nothing to dissuade my opinion that people have had ample opportunity and time to get the vaccine if they so desire. Government officials going door to door is a waste of time and money.
At some point, the people need to be responsible for themselves, regardless of circumstance. Relying on the government is a crutch. It's not a solution, no matter how much anyone says it is.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Packchem91
pineknollshoresking said:

packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

At some point, the people need to be responsible for themselves, regardless of circumstance. Relying on the government is a crutch. It's not a solution, no matter how much anyone says it is.
LOL....a crutch? We're talking about an initiative to reach out to those people to make sure they've gotten accurate information about health conditions. Is making us wear seat belts (and putting a stupid chime in there that goes nuts every time my 50 lb dog gets in the front seat) a crutch too?

Look, who knows, maybe this isn't necessary. We all agree (or mostly) that we're getting the scare treatment with daily blasts about Delta and whatever is beyond that. Vaccine rates have stagnated, but infection rates / hospitalization rates have stabilized, or decreased for the most part.
So maybe, its all about nothing, and we need not worry. Of course, it is summer time, and rates were very low last summer.
PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Could be....maybe the researchers are relying on the typical factors that prevent these same people from getting dialysis care, preventative dental care, prenatal care, cancer screenings, etc.....different issues, but usually the same preventative measures that limit their taking advantage of things most of us are able to do.

I'm sure google is full of other analysis that studies average reasons why certain groups are less likely to get the vaccination. Do you think those reasons will be the same for Anson County as they are for Western Union County (I think you are a UC guy??).

You may be right, but you know what they say about assuming. I don't know about why folks choose not to get vaccinated. I have several family members who have been exposed to all the medical info but remain in the hesitant group. I have presented the arguments for vaccination with each of them but only one finally gave in. His job announced they were going to reopen the office and anyone who wasn't vaccinated had to wear a mask all day. He didn't want to do that.

You are correct about my history with UC. I grew up in Marshville 40years ago. I hear things have changed a great deal on the western end of the county and are beginning to change in the Marshville area as well.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

You may be right, but you know what they say about assuming. I don't know about why folks choose not to get vaccinated. I have several family members who have been exposed to all the medical info but remain in the hesitant group. I have presented the arguments for vaccination with each of them but only one finally gave in. His job announced they were going to reopen the office and anyone who wasn't vaccinated had to wear a mask all day. He didn't want to do that.

You are correct about my history with UC. I grew up in Marshville 40years ago. I hear things have changed a great deal on the western end of the county and are beginning to change in the Marshville area as well.
Marshville -- yes, I recall you had mentioned your parents still being there. Just drove thru there last Friday -- it still looks mostly like it did years ago, though I'd suspect the Monroe Bypass will encourage some Charlotte folks to seek more open space by looking to Marshville.

Right, 100%, some people will get all the data, and still decide they don't want to. I don't really get that, but its their choice. But when you say "you know what happens when you assume" --- 100% -- thats why we should not just assume people have gotten all the "factual" info they need, as packgrad and king want to do. We live in a world of information AND disinformation. We spend $$ on tons of worthless things, spending some more to make sure people are presented with unfiltered info. (OK, I know some will say no way Biden's righteous army would provide unfiltered info).
packgrad
Lol. You just love making up positions people have. People have had ample time and opportunity to get the info they need. Comprende? Waste of time and money sending Covid missionaries knocking on doors.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Lol. You just love making up positions people have. People have had ample time and opportunity to get the info they need. Comprende? Waste of time and money sending Covid missionaries knocking on doors.
I said, "...thats why we should not just assume people have gotten all the "factual" info they need, as packgrad and king want to do".

How are these two statements out of sync? you claim they have, I argue they have not.
packgrad
Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

I said, "...thats why we should not just assume people have gotten all the "factual" info they need, as packgrad and king want to do".

How are these two statements out of sync? you claim they have, I argue they have not.

You don't understand the difference between saying someone has had ample time and opportunity to get information and people getting all of the prescribed "factual information they need ? Ok. Some people just like to argue over nothing. I'll stop obliging you in that subject.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Packchem91 said:

packgrad said:

You don't understand the difference between saying someone has had ample time and opportunity to get information and people getting all of the prescribed "factual information they need ? Ok. Some people just like to argue over nothing. I'll stop obliging you in that subject.
Nope, I don't see the difference. But, agree, time to move on.
Oldsouljer
packgrad said:

Yup. Ronald Reagan was so on target with how scary it is to hear "We're from the government and we're here to help."
Mormad
Quick thoughts:

If you look up in the ER and see GP's registered head nurse taking care of you, drag ass out of that gurney and run, crawl, or slide out of there. Quickly.

An article that is an opinion piece by knowledgeable people who use experience and training as "data" can still be useful. We listen to Gibby tell us we're gonna be "really really good" and we cheer, but that's really just an opinion piece. He just happens to have a knowledgeable opinion.

There are veritable shtloads of reasons people get or avoid the vax. MOST of the reasons are either uninformed, poorly informed, misconstrued, or emotional imho (both ways). There has been ample opportunity to become informed, but most haven't taken the time to listen or the things they've "learned" are either wrong or misunderstood or could be proven wrong or they've had personal biases that make them either roll up their sleeves or roll down their sleeves. Do we really think most lay people making decisions about vaccines have become vaccine experts and are sophisticated enough to understand the ins and outs of their decisions? No way.

Whole lot of black and white arguments here about things that simply aren't black and white yet. When people here get dogmatic about what they think they know, i just smile. All any of us can say right now about the virus/vax/variants, and believe me that includes me, PA, Wayland and Davie, is that "this is what i THINK based on the information that we know right NOW, but that's subject to change at just about any time as this virus does its thing."

But by all means carry on. This is better than HBO max.

packgrad
Mormad said:

Quick thoughts:

There are veritable shtloads of reasons people get or avoid the vax. MOST of the reasons are either uninformed, poorly informed, misconstrued, or emotional imho (both ways). There has been ample opportunity to become informed, but most haven't taken the time to listen or the things they've "learned" are either wrong or misunderstood or could be proven wrong or they've had personal biases that make them either roll up their sleeves or roll down their sleeves. Do we really think most lay people making decisions about vaccines have become vaccine experts and are sophisticated enough to understand the ins and outs of their decisions? No way.

Do we really think those people are going to change their minds because government Covid missionaries knock on their doors? No way.

Waste of time and money.
Packchem91
Mormad said:

Quick thoughts:

If you look up in the ER and see GP's registered head nurse taking care of you, drag ass out of that gurney and run, crawl, or slide out of there. Quickly.

An article that is an opinion piece by knowledgeable people who use experience and training as "data" can still be useful. We listen to Gibby tell us we're gonna be "really really good" and we cheer, but that's really just an opinion piece. He just happens to have a knowledgeable opinion.

Whole lot of black and white arguments here about things that simply aren't black and white yet. When people here get dogmatic about what they think they know, i just smile. All any of us can say right now about the virus/vax/variants, and believe me that includes me, PA, Wayland and Davie, is that "this is what i THINK based on the information that we know right NOW, but that's subject to change at just about any time as this virus does its thing."

Very reasonable. Agree wholly that whatever we believe, we should agree it could be forced to change as we go along. And....no amount of information is going to convince some people to change their view about getting the vaccine, and that is ok as well.

To be clear....I don't think anything about the government going "door to door" about this is black and white. I do think though that that some amount of effort to better inform is reasonable...but do understand the concerns who'd rather government stay out of it.
Mormad
packgrad said:

Mormad said:

Quick thoughts:

Do we really think those people are going to change their minds because government Covid missionaries knock on their doors? No way.

Waste of time and money.

Totally agree. I was hoping he wasn't serious about the door to door bs and was just trying to drive home his point, but i would not put it past this group of clowns.
caryking
Mormad said:

Quick thoughts:

I support most of this. The Trump administration stated certain things early on. Trump was called all sorts of things and most of what was called crazy, well, they turn out to be mostly true.

I also think most of the people that haven't gotten the vaccine would agree. Not enough information to make a sound decision. I don't consider that to be ignorant; rather, I see that as being hesitant. Not a wrong choice! At the same time, getting the vaccine is not a wrong choice.

Too many unknowns for me... I would absolutely say that I am ignorant of the facts. Unfortunately, the facts haven't played out, yet...
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Mormad
All true, except i do think there's enough information to make a sound decision, and either decision can be sound based on individual variances/situations.
GuerrillaPack
People are now referring to kid sniffer Joe's army of door-to-door poison injection salesmen as "Ja-Covid Witnesses".

packgrad
JaCovid Witnesses. Hahahaha. Dammit, why didn't I think of that?
First Page Last Page
Page 304 of 567

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.